• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Ice | Game over! Fire Mafia Wins!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
this seems really hard for town to win. bullet proof mafia and highly possible double kills. either way, it was fun to watch.

the beginning was pretty gay tho and it's been discouraging being the joke d1 vote all the time. transferring omni aim meta to forum (minus Disney) is lame. i think im done with forum mafia for a long time and if i ever do come back i'll probably be a Hando

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Town isnt grossly under-powered. this setup is very balanced.

we got hurt by the incorrect lynch of Omni when it should have been Xiivi, and Handorin hammering himself

Chaco

Never Logs In
Tom had it though.

His mistake was protecting fire maf when ice tried to kill fire maf....it made him think KK was town.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think it's pretty well balanced

and yeah karthik and i were considering killing tom after he pegged us both

i was really worried that karthik would be lynched because he was way more reactive than usual. i guess i was too

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah the night i protected KK, there was only 1 death.

I assumed that if 1 maf had attemped to kill the other maf, then they would have pushed that lynch that day, to look really good by lynching a mafiat. so i would push for a lynch against anyone who attempted to push a KK lynch. Instead, Riddle (the ice maf), after attacking a fire maf and having it fail, did nothing at all.

LOL.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hando hammering himself didn't help and the accidental lynch of Omni basically screwed us over...not inbalanced imo. When I talked to Yaya I told him that I think Marshy and steel are scum...was right about marshy.

Rule #4 is confirmed: If rule #1 fails, Hando hammers himself

:059:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hando hammering himself didn't help and the accidental lynch of Omni basically screwed us over...not inbalanced imo. When I talked to Yaya I told him that I think Marshy and steel are scum...was right about marshy.

Rule #4 is confirmed: If rule #1 fails, Hando hammers himself

:059:
stop making that into a rule. we dont want to ENCOURAGE stupid behavior.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Marathon would be easier on AIM (which I thought it was until it started here).

Also, town needs to believe me more.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, town needs to believe me more.
put up better arguments.

Scumminess is sink or swim. If you continue to defend yourself, you are swimming, and less likely to get lynched. If you stop defending yourself, or merely tread water by putting up bad arguments, then you will slowly sink.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Riddle's no-kill was the correct choice. The role PMs specifically state the mafia can't kill each other so he could have only killed town, which would have sealed his loss.

Handorin

Smash Hero
put up better arguments.

Scumminess is sink or swim. If you continue to defend yourself, you are swimming, and less likely to get lynched. If you stop defending yourself, or merely tread water by putting up bad arguments, then you will slowly sink.
There is more to see underwater.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
killing yourself and providing minimal help makes me want to not play with you in the future. you could at least explain it?

Handorin

Smash Hero
killing yourself and providing minimal help makes me want to not play with you in the future. you could at least explain it?
See above discussion about killing myself.

Also, I get to the point in my post, don't call it minimal help.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No, the whole thing about not knowing how to play town and me only knowing how to kill over and over, so I end up killing myself is semi serious.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay my power is back on now!

So here's what the night actions were if I remember correctly:

Night 1:
Ice Mafia Killed Chibo
Fire Mafia Killed Yaya
Tom protected Marshy

Night 2:
Fire Mafia killed Gheb
Tom protected KK
Ice Mafia attampted to kill KK

Night 3:
Fire Mafia killed Steel
Tom protected KK
Ice Mafia did not choose to kill

Tom: Man I thought you had it in the bag, on D2 you had all scum pinpointed. Then it just went downhill from there. Still good job, man.

Hando: I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in you self-hammering. That really screwed town more.

Omni: I am sorry man! I really feel terrible that you got lynched wrongly. I mean I refreshed before submitting that and there were no new votes. And then Xiivi wagon erupted in like seconds.

Xiivi: Had to modkill you otherwise it would've been unfair

Steel: You've come along nicely, and will continue to get better.

Ridde: You made a good choice N3.

Marshy: Man I wish Tom would've pursued you. You did good though. Thanks for doing me tat N1 favor, hah.

Karthik: THANKS SO MUCH for replacing in. Grats on victory.

Chibo: You did pretty good D1 man you'll continue to improve.

BunBun: Stick around!

Gheb: Thanks so much for staying up and playing, you've improved from what I've seen

Yaya: Thanks for joining when I asked. :] You didn't go inactive either!

EE: Man...**** you....

Since I'll be hosting soon enough my large game, I will honor pre-ins as I feel it's a good practice. :]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sure. It may be a month or 2+ before it's up though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
bllaaah the ninja'd posts from N1 were such a scum tell, no one followed up on my post death post where i suspected marshy lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well marathon games are meant to be on the forum, AIM mafia is completely different than Marathon Mafia. It will be an acquired taste. But I think in the long run it will prove to be more beneficial for experience and can prove to be very fun.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The only difference between this and AIM mafia was that I had to press Ctrl R over and over.

Top Bottom