• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Ice | Game over! Fire Mafia Wins!

Chaco

Never Logs In
And that it is easier for more than 5 players, and has better set ups.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well it's increasingly difficult for the mod. Any AIM mafia with more than 10 players is abandonment waiting to happen.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just make it like 45 min day periods and 15 min night periods next time (and 15 min regardless if actions r in early so it sticks to even schedule and ppl have a lil break for bathroom or food)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm doing another in a month. More than likely 45+ min per day.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
pre-in @ Chaco's

Honestly, I think this one has gone way too crazy to make an accurate judgment about its balance. Omni's accidental kill, Hando's self-hammering and Xiivi's early lynch blew things kinda out of proportion and changed things a lot. Riddle had to play all by himself for the entire game that's pretty hard to win.

I liked the set-up though. We should have more games with 2 mafia parties just to experiment I think it's a lot more fun and challenging for everybody. I think Bad Idea Mafia with two mafia parties could be a good idea (c wut I did thar?).

:059:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Honestly, I think this one has gone way too crazy to make an accurate judgment about its balance.
I feel like you people aren't even listening to me... Fire and Ice mafia is a very balanced setup. If you are not going to do the research or math yourself, can you simply take my word for it?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i enjoyed this more than aimafia. aim mafia feels fast paced and less serious while this is fast paced and still srs bzns.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah.

As mafia you're totally bulletproof but there's another scumgroup besides you and your partner. So you can legitimately scum hunt as scum. Day 1 ish you and partner each pick two different people that you would like to go after during the day. Pick people that you genuinely think are the other scum group. As scum you already have 1 clear, and you can put aside the people you plan on killing. So your target will most likely live to Day 2~3 while you have started to focus on them Day 1. Each of you goes after a different person and tries to get them lynched. On Day 2, there are 9 players alive, 7 of which you two pick 2 targets to go after. 2/7 scum in there. If one of you hits bingo other scumgroup then you're totally good for the rest of the game. If neither of you does, you haven't been coasting and odds are that some people will agree with you. You cannot be nightkilled by the other scum for being a proactive player either.

This would work even better in marathon fire and ice when there are 30-45 minute days.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So question time. For the next marathon, what open should be done?

Try out hand at fire and ice again, or go for a more "loving" style?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Give me a role so that if I'm killed n1 whoever did so gets testicular cancer and eventually dies.

If a woman attacked me then mod kill them because chances are they aren't really a woman because DG hasn't seen a woman since Kawaii Bunny signed up for Newbie Mafia 2 and didn't post once before getting replaced.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I think Ill start sign ups fairly soon so we don't have a massive replacement dilemma though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn't mean pretty soon as in a day or two, haha. I meant as in a week or two.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
oh man. just re-read this game. this was so much fun!

The devil is a pirate apparently
hahaha

unvote vote xiivi

i'll do a xiivi lynch. i think hes over justifying simple votes, possibly to make sure it doesnt backfire on him.
one!

so WHO are you preaching to on "how to play"? You said hte main proponent of the Omni lynch was ME. And I switched to Xiivi. So if you're arguing against ME, youre dumb and wrong.
two! that was towards riddle.

im feeling bad vibes from Marshy and Karthik King for doing nothing
three! four!

actually, i really need to retract that statement i made about marshy, karthik.

karthik came in late.

marshy has been voting.

those were stupid ghost-tells on my part.
**** TOM! NO! NO! DONT! AWWWwww ****. :<

Top Bottom