• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Ice | Game over! Fire Mafia Wins!

Chaco

Never Logs In

Fire and Ice Marathon Mafia
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice,
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
~Robert Frost

General Rules:

First, the basics:

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Fundamentals:
1. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
3. a) No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
3. b) You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.

Game specific stuff/rules:

No communicating with any other people regardless of whether they are playing or not, and regardless of whether they are dead, or what have you. This constitutes cheating, unless of course, you have a role that specifies that you are able to communicate with others. In which case I'd like the logs, just for my personal amusement.

Voting and Lynching:
5. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Tom)
6. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. (Unvote; Vote: M3D)
7. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
8. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
9. If the deadline hits and a majority has not been found, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
10. In the event of a tie, the first player to reach that number of votes will be lynched.
11. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight,' where all live players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
12. Once you are dead (flavor has been posted), you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
13. This game will have a deadline 30 minutes per day phase. No extensions will be given since this is on a fixed time schedule.
14. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every few minutess. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods in one Game Day, or 5 prods in the entire game, will result in your replacement if it is D1 or D2, and your modkill if it is D3 or later.
15. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than a day phase(30 minutes), please PM me or post in thread.

The Rest:
16. Night actions are to be sent to me via PM. If your Night Action is not in by the Night Action deadline, you don't perform one. Please, IM it. I'd love to listen to your theory crafting. I will be on AIM the entire game. Unless something comes up.
17. Do not post in the colors blue, red, lime, or plum.

Set-Up:

2x Fire Mafia
You are a member of the Fire Mafia with XXXX.

You may talk to your partner during Night. Each Night, you (as a group) may attempt to kill someone by sending a PM to the Moderator containing the name of that player.

Ice is no more powerful than Fire, so the Ice Mafia cannot kill you! However, because fire can melt ice, if both groups target the same player on the same night, that player will not be killed.

You win when you have eliminated all non Fire Mafia roles, or when nothing can prevent this.

2x Ice Mafia
You are a member of the Ice Mafia with XXXX.

You may talk to your partner during Night. Each Night, you (as a group) may attempt to kill someone by sending a PM to the Moderator containing the name of that player.

Fire is no more powerful than Ice, so the Fire Mafia cannot kill you! However, because fire can melt ice, if both groups target the same player on the same night, that player will not be killed.

You win when you have eliminated all non Ice Mafia roles, or when nothing can prevent this.
1 Doctor (Insulator)
You are the powerful Insulator.

Each night, you can target a player and protect them from a potentially dangerous temperature change - you are a doctor, and prevent them from all night kills. You cannot target yourself.

You can be burned by the Fire Mafia or be frozen by the Ice Mafia.

You win when both Mafia groups have been eliminated.
7 Vanilla Townies
You are a vanilla townie.

You can be burned by the Fire Mafia or be frozen by the Ice Mafia.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Maintaining Body Temperature:

Karthik
Marshy

Saw the Light:
Evil Eye, the Town Corpse NPC, was Frozen Solid N0
Omni, the Vanilla Townie, was lynched accidentally, D1
Yaya, the Vanila Townie, was scorched N1
Chibo, the Vanilla Townie, was frozen solid N1
BunBun, the Vanilla Townie, was lynched D2
Gheb, the Vanilla Townie, scorched N2
Handorin, the Vanilla Townie, was lynched D3
Steel2nd, the Vanilla Townie, was scorched N3
Riddle, the Ice Mafia, was lynched D3
Tom, Doctor, endgame'd D3

Banished:
Xiivi, the Ice Mafia, was modkilled

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh, and a date and time will be decided in a bit. Please specify times you are free upon signing up!!!

Riddle

Smash Lord
My parents will only let me use the computer for 2 hours a day. IF you guys can limit the time to 2 hours or less I'm in otherwise I can't.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If it was at 6, it'd end at 10pm. Scratches head. Math?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i'm in if gheb is out
i will remind you

Okay. No offense to Jungle or Florida but I would rather they not join this game.
If you are not the game moderator then you do not have the right to deny anyone's /in. If you don't want to play with other players who have signed up then you can show me where they have cheated or you can /out. I don't even want to hear it again. You know I love you Omni but this is not what we do.
I know you didn't already forget about this. I specifically told you, I did not want to hear this kind of attitude again. I don't care if this is a legitimate concern of yours or if this is an inside joke and you swear to everything good and holy you absolutely dont mean it. Every gaming forum ends up having this kind of drama, but not only did I NOT expect you to be the person to bring it to decisive games, but i am absolutely against conditional /ins based on other people playing.

if i had ONE pet peeve about mafia games, it wouldn't be flavor-lynching or attempting to break games. i dont even think it would be inactivity, and as scum/sk i will nightkill inactives. it would be rude play. and this game hasn't even started yet.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to sign up. I'm not sure about Saturday yet, but I should have no probs with a Sunday. Sunday at like 6 just like KevinM is however the best time for me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
you're right, tom. i'm sorry, gheb.

i'm going to change the way i mafia all together. i think that'll help me and everyone else in the long run.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm in.

Omni, give me a break. I played AIMafia for the first time EVER yesterday. You can't expect me to do everything right. It's really hard for me to keep up when a certain pace is involved.

Saturday and Sunday are both fine with me but I need the exact time. I'm living in the EU so it might be in the middle of the night for me. That's no problem to me but I just need to know.

:059:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i was more angry with your attitude. "i don't care" and "i was voting at random" followed by "looooooll" comments just shows me that you're wasting everyone's time who's actually playing the game for fun and to win.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hi guys, Chaco informed me that his internet is out for a few days.

This game will be put on hold until he has internet access again.

Handorin

Smash Hero
How is it being put on hold when..........nevermind. It's not worth the effort.

I'll try and put that effort into the mafia games.

try

I guess I could join.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hi guys, Chaco informed me that his internet is out for a few days.

This game will be put on hold until he has internet access again.
The Pirate King of Hell will run it if the pool boy cannot.

I'll make it up to Chaco by letting him host the second one. xD

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What exactly is the Pirate King of Hell?

I would understand Pirate king FROM Hell....

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just a note, if I'm able to do this, it would have to be late afternoon Saturday or sometime on Sunday due to my work schedule

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So Ronike just IMed me telling me that this will be 6 PM ... but which time Zone?

:059:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The Pirate King of Hell will run it if the pool boy cannot.

I'll make it up to Chaco by letting him host the second one. xD
That might have to be the plan. :urg: I'm sure he won't mind.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah. I got disconnected as well. And so did McFox, Evil Eye. Weird.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm good to go for hosting. I might, might, need to find a back up mod as a just in case.

Hopefully the spots will fill before Sunday.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If not enough people sign up to do fire and ice, you should just host assorted open set ups.[read: test my Lovers and Friends]

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm going to go with a smaller open set up, hopefully it will fill though. Tonight I'm going to ask some people if they will play. Then I can go ahead and get roles out a head of time.

Top Bottom