• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally some of my Wolf vids.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I've been maining Wolf since the day I unlocked him just like most of you guys, but I haven't been able to attend any tourneys because my parents don't want to drive. :(

So here are some of my wifi videos. Feel free to critique, rate, etc. and most important of them all, enjoy.

I've noticed that I really sux at up-b recovering, so there's no need to point that anymore >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZRrwHWgVhU&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVSFegcbhXU&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoM0WBV1KI0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6O0Yrdkrc&feature=channel

tekkie

Smash Master
vs. Jigglypuff: I think you used his spike too much. And the blaster too little. Also, you're probably underestimating Wolf's dash attack.

(3rd video) Don't let Falco meteor smash you. That's bad.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I use d-air as a mixup when I'm in mid-air. Allows a little bit of mindgames to takes place because of the startup time.

I've been trying to add blaster spam to my style, but it just never worked out for me yet. I'll keep working on it.

tekkie

Smash Master
You were grabbed out of two d-airs and killed after one. It's a risky move straight from the air like that.

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
You need to bair more. Also jigglypuff had alot of simplistic approaches that could have been sheild grabbed on your part. Also sometimes when you RAR you can mix it up with a boost smash or ftilt. This is just me, but I personally don't use my dsmash untill higher percent for killing

arch knight

Smash Lord
dont get the wrong idea but you lack combos you grab laser and dash little and it appears you button mash and jump around too much keep working on it though.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I only SH shine for a shine-grab. It reduces the lag gap between the two moves as the forward momentum from my shine makes the dash-grab uneeded. Bad idea?

I also rarely ever use FH d-air offine. Online I only use it for an aerial mixup. Now comfirmed to be a VERY bad idea.

When you say choreographed, you mean the syle never changes, is that correct? If that's it, I had no idea how this particular style got into my mind, and its been stuck there ever since.

I'll try to get in some newer vids, as these old ones have become less and less accurate to my style. I've done a few modifications to it.

arch knight

Smash Lord
you dont want a repetitive style just make sure you can adapt to all situations.
so are you more experienced with wolf now?

marth126

Smash Journeyman
Your playstyle is too formulated, you must adapt depending on the opponet. You have to make better use of bair, and also your playstyle shouldnt vary depending on wifi battles vs in person battles. Despite him being a no name jigglypuff you still should stick to the basixs

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah haha, my style changes every few days (Changes overnight if I'm playing offline a lot). So yeah, things can get outdated really fast.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
you dont want a repetitive style just make sure you can adapt to all situations.
so are you more experienced with wolf now?
I've mained Wolf ever since I unlocked him, so unless you don't count my first few months with him, in which I created a spam-fest every match, yes. I have more experience with Wolf, thanks to you guys. Really appreciate it ^_^

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
That Falco was much more than garbage. How did you lose to a Falco that doesn't SHDL/SHL or CG?

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
He did chaingrab. Besides, wifi doesn't really display any skill in the first place =/
Not really. Lag can only screw with spacing some of the time, depending on how much lag there is. You still get a good example of their skill.

Top Bottom