• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, a ban on children in a restaurant!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
@guy that isn't Spelt: You're completely wrong. First of all, a restaurant can ban children if they want. You can't change that.

Your arguments are making it seem like every restaurant in the world is banning children; it's a select few and children can get out of the house whenever they want. They can still go to restaurants, just not specific ones. If you'd read the article, you'd see that McDain's is an 'upscale, casual, quiet' restaurant. Tell me: what kid would want to go to that type of place anyway? You're blowing **** out of proportion, your arguments are terrible, and like Spelt said you're slippery sloping out the arse.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
@guy that isn't Spelt:
You start out your argument by not even using my name?

You're completely wrong. First of all, a restaurant can ban children if they want. You can't change that.
I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying they shouldn't unless the kid was being a total brat.

Your arguments are making it seem like every restaurant in the world is banning children; it's a select few and children can get out of the house whenever they want. They can still go to restaurants, just not specific ones. If you'd read the article, you'd see that McDain's is an 'upscale, casual, quiet' restaurant. Tell me: what kid would want to go to that type of place anyway? You're blowing **** out of proportion, your arguments are terrible, and like Spelt said you're slippery sloping out the arse.
So you're saying other places won't think this is a good idea and go "yeah lets ban 6 year olds. They're all so noisy". Face it, things like this will keep getting worse and worse until we say "You've gone too far" but by that time it will be too late. I just find it funny how both of you are telling me to stop just because I'm "slipping"

:phone:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You start out your argument by not even using my name?
I wasn't insulting your username; I didn't know what it was and Spelt's was right above mine.

I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying they shouldn't unless the kid was being a total brat.
The restaurant is being preventative, kicking people out after the child is already being a nuisance is ****ing stupid.

So you're saying other places won't think this is a good idea and go "yeah lets ban 6 year olds. They're all so noisy". Face it, things like this will keep getting worse and worse until we say "You've gone too far" but by that time it will be too late. I just find it funny how both of you are telling me to stop just because I'm "slipping"
Please tell me what evidence you have of that other than your slippery slope fallacy. This is a ****ing perfect example of that, and honestly I think this argument is decreasing my life expectancy.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me what evidence you have of that other than your slippery slope fallacy. This is a ****ing perfect example of that, and honestly I think this argument is decreasing my life expectancy.
alright here's a couple.

You remember when YouTube had little to no ads? You remember when there were no ads in games? You remember when DLC was actually fair? Remember when gas was actually affordable? Remember when we could actually trust the FDA? Remember when you could buy paint, glue, and dust remover without the need of an ID? Remember when games were $50 (besides the Wii)? Remember when you could smoke pretty much anywhere?

I tried to think of some that didn't involve games.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Remember when I didn't want to bang my head against a wall when I read posts on this site?

But to add some content to my post: I wasn't asking of examples of when a slippery slope situation occurred, I'm asking for examples that leads you to believe it will happen in THIS INSTANCE. I thought that was clear enough, sorry if it wasn't.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Remember when I didn't want to bang my head against a wall when I read posts on this site?
All I see right now is that I made a list of events where people took an idea and pushed it (and in most cases, are still pushing) to the farthest they go and all you're saying is I'm wrong without explaining why. If anything you're the dumb one here. Not me.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Edited my last post with some content. Honestly I don't understand how a) you don't see that your 'logic' is just slippery slope and b) you actually believe in what you're posting.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
He has to be trolling.
He must be ... please dear god tell me he is trolling.

Just the fact that I pointed out his slippery slope argument and he either already knew what is was, or flat out just refused to put any effort into figuring out what it is speaks more about the quality of his arguments than anything I could say personally.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice

But to add some content to my post: I wasn't asking of examples of when a slippery slope situation occurred, I'm asking for examples that leads you to believe it will happen in THIS INSTANCE. I thought that was clear enough, sorry if it wasn't.
Oh ok. Sorry I misread your post. I'll be honest, I have no evidence that it's a guarantee that this will spread, but if the idea works and other places start using it, it WILL spread. I'm sorry if I pissed you all off. I just don't want something like this to end up being used widely and not just in restaurants either.

He has to be trolling.
He must be ... please dear god tell me he is trolling.

Just the fact that I pointed out his slippery slope argument and he either already knew what is was, or flat out just refused to put any effort into figuring out what it is speaks more about the quality of his arguments than anything I could say personally.
Sadly I'm not trolling. I'm just saying what I believe. It's also kind of sad when if you really don't agree with what someone posts, they're trolling.

I'm just going to leave now since it's 1:30 AM and I don't feel like arguing with a couple of people who wont change their minds and call me a troll because I think differently. I'm just going to agree to disagree and leave.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't even say anything about your opinions.

I was talking about the quality of your tactics. Which are atrocious.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Mr TL OWNS YOU, the problem people are having is not with your differing viewpoint, it's in your inefficiency to make sensible arguments defending it.

frotaz37 somewhat shares your viewpoint and made a much better case of it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Slippery slope doesn't work, there are tons of places that have kids as the target market or who would be adversly effected by banning kids.

For example at my work little kids almost always cause hassle. We have to pick up sweetie wrappers and generally tidy up after them as they drag things off the shelves or mess things up, heck we even got shouted at because one kid pulled a manaquin on top of themselves and the dad shouted at us like it was our fault. If we noticed obviously we would have told the kid to not play with it but we never saw because we were actually working and not babysitting some kid.

Anyway we still wouldn't be able to ban kids, because our target market is mainly females, and if we started banning kids we'd make less money whether we liked it or not.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright then let me ask you this? What if you're 6 years old and you're a very good person and very respectful and your favorite place to eat suddenly says "sorry we can't let you eat here because you're a spoiled brat". How would you feel?
"Ha! I don't care. Chuck e' Cheeses is better than your food anyway."

Top Bottom