• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 8 Results *Vids added first post*

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
i cant win this war...if you cant beat them, join them
i love him too

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sorry Andilex, Wario is GAY lol.

I kinda quit mid tournament in Singles (although Lucas Dittos with Santi was the shet). The tournament itself was fun, but I've decided to take a break on Singles and just play Doubles for a few months.

Also, put Lucas next to my name over MK. I used MK in one game only, Lucas I used in 2 games.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I can vouch for what DMG says.

And Jerm, you just broke the pattern, we're still rivals though, which means the next thing to happen is we tie scores again :p Plus I'm going to stop making mistakes against you that let you keep your stocks ;)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Yeah, Razer used him to take a round off Burrito.
Sorry Andilex, Wario is GAY lol.

I kinda quit mid tournament in Singles (although Lucas Dittos with Santi was the shet). The tournament itself was fun, but I've decided to take a break on Singles and just play Doubles for a few months.

Also, put Lucas next to my name over MK. I used MK in one game only, Lucas I used in 2 games.
Does using a character for one round really warrant putting in the results? :dizzy:

Zac, you can fix it now if you wish, I can take care of it tomorrow, I'm going to bed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't think me using Lucas for two games warrants mentioning him with Wario, however if we are counting MK as my secondary then Lucas would definitely need to be mentioned before MK.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The bad things........

1. I was SUPER sick at this event(thats why i didnt enter). It turns out i have strep throat, which caused fever and lack of sleep the nite before and the nite of the tourney. I feel like ****.

2. The drive. I WILL NEVER LEAVE AND RETURN on the same day as an ooc event happens. I literally FELL a sleep long enough to have a ****ing dream WHILE DRIVING. I hit a trash can and went into the ditch on my way home. I ended up getting home by 5:30am. I slept for 3 hours and i had to get up. In the next 20min i will be down for the count.

3. Trela/Razer/Smoom/Esca/Take. If i was rude to you, i apologize. I was even rude to my own mom when i got home. I guess when i get sick i turn into an *** hole(if im not one already). I apologize to ANYBODY i was rude to at FS8.

4. The turnout was 45 players..............thats HORRIBLE for an event that had as much backing and hype as this one did. Its not your fault kyle but i really feel brawl is becoming like the final days of melee. Its to the point now where we all know who will win and we all know who will go and thats all there is to it(aka the "new" has worn off big time). Sure, we may get 5-8 random kids that come in but overall our turnout is leveling off(yours and mine). We need to talk about this when you have some spare time because i have some ideas.

The good things.......

1. The sight of Esca and Take, in 25 degree weather, in the back of my truck was too ****ing funny. You idiots put on 4 pairs of socks, 9 blankets and 2 sleepy bags and were STILL cold. WHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA. I have video of this and i will probably put it on youtube tomorrow. I still keep laughing when re-read your texts that tell me "dude, we seriously have to pull over, i cant feel my legs" or "omg dude, my toes are frozen solid." Oh btw, that cold was WORSE than ohsnap 4 cold. You guys survived he WORST cold i have ever seen. Im proud of you guys.

2. The exp of it all. It was my first time driving to an ooc event and leaving for home on the same day while VERY VERY sick and VERY VERY sleepy with 2 kids in the back crying for warmth. The overall exp was a good one.

3. Playing MorningStars DK. ROb vs DK is prob the definition of EVEN in brawl. I really enjoyed it.

The sad things.......

1. Smoom has lost confidence.

2. The convo i had with dojo after he lost to razer.

3. I was tricked into nearly turning around to save my fellow Houstonians from jerms 140mph cop chase. Then i learned flip made that **** up and i realized Flip is a bad person.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yeaa.. this time you was the real zombie xyro. 28 days later form. But I hope you get better. If you want, I'll ship a honey butter chicken biscuit to your doorstep =]

And smoooom dont lose confidence!! Your playing probably the hardest character to master in the game

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
The bad things........

1. I was SUPER sick at this event(thats why i didnt enter). It turns out i have strep throat, which caused fever and lack of sleep the nite before and the nite of the tourney. I feel like ****.

2. The drive. I WILL NEVER LEAVE AND RETURN on the same day as an ooc event happens. I literally FELL a sleep long enough to have a ****ing dream WHILE DRIVING. I hit a trash can and went into the ditch on my way home. I ended up getting home by 5:30am. I slept for 3 hours and i had to get up. In the next 20min i will be down for the count.

3. Trela/Razer/Smoom/Esca/Take. If i was rude to you, i apologize. I was even rude to my own mom when i got home. I guess when i get sick i turn into an *** hole(if im not one already). I apologize to ANYBODY i was rude to at FS8.

4. The turnout was 45 players..............thats HORRIBLE for an event that had as much backing and hype as this one did. Its not your fault kyle but i really feel brawl is becoming like the final days of melee. Its to the point now where we all know who will win and we all know who will go and thats all there is to it(aka the "new" has worn off big time). Sure, we may get 5-8 random kids that come in but overall our turnout is leveling off(yours and mine). We need to talk about this when you have some spare time because i have some ideas.

The good things.......

1. The sight of Esca and Take, in 25 degree weather, in the back of my truck was too ****ing funny. You idiots put on 4 pairs of socks, 9 blankets and 2 sleepy bags and were STILL cold. WHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA. I have video of this and i will probably put it on youtube tomorrow. I still keep laughing when re-read your texts that tell me "dude, we seriously have to pull over, i cant feel my legs" or "omg dude, my toes are frozen solid." Oh btw, that cold was WORSE than ohsnap 4 cold. You guys survived he WORST cold i have ever seen. Im proud of you guys.

2. The exp of it all. It was my first time driving to an ooc event and leaving for home on the same day while VERY VERY sick and VERY VERY sleepy with 2 kids in the back crying for warmth. The overall exp was a good one.

3. Playing MorningStars DK. ROb vs DK is prob the definition of EVEN in brawl. I really enjoyed it.

The sad things.......

1. Smoom has lost confidence.

2. The convo i had with dojo after he lost to razer.

3. I was tricked into nearly turning around to save my fellow Houstonians from jerms 140mph cop chase. Then i learned flip made that **** up and i realized Flip is a bad person.
You learn quick that it's not the best thing to do. Ask Espy, he will tell you.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The turnout was 45 players..............thats HORRIBLE for an event that had as much backing and hype as this one did. Its not your fault kyle but i really feel brawl is becoming like the final days of melee. Its to the point now where we all know who will win and we all know who will go and thats all there is to it(aka the "new" has worn off big time). Sure, we may get 5-8 random kids that come in but overall our turnout is leveling off(yours and mine). We need to talk about this when you have some spare time because i have some ideas.
I totally agree, I was shocked that Brawl didn't even break 64.

Personally I think that the 12 dollar door fee kept most of the local players from attending.... we had a big smashfest last week, and all of them were aware of the tournament, but none of them were very interested in paying for a tournament. Most of our players aren't very competitive.

Gamelot and Funplex spoiled the smash community with cheap door fees >.> 12 dollars is actually low to average for a street fighter or anything non smash related tournament.

Even though it's well known I don't really play or truly care much about Brawl the game itself, I still love the community to death and continue hosting events for the sake of the players. After all, it's never a dull moment hanging with the Dallas crew at Nike's house or chilling out in Houston at HOBO, or just having a good old fashioned smashfest here in San Antonio, and without the events people wouldn't have much of a reason to play.

However, I feel that Brawl's heyday may be coming to an end soon. Pound 4 seals it in my eyes. My solution is everyone plays melee again >.> but of course I'm down to hear you out Xyro. Just give me a call, you have my number..... and if you don't it's in the San Antonio thread lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I blame Meta Knight.

Anyways, shout outs later. Too tired for much else. Just got a new dorm with internet.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Some pics from FS8, everyone was either playing or watching. Quite pointless to have taken these, but I'm just posting to post! :) The last one's the best!

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, put DK next to Snake on my name please. It was a modest turnout (lol) but it was really fun. I agree with what you said about the venue fee being a factor in the number of Smashers.

Are shouties not cool anymore?
1: Xyro - Wow, we must've killed an hour playing that ROB vs. DK matchup. :laugh: Same time next month?
2:Dojo - Rain check on that MM. Sorry dude.
3:Gnes - - Dang, we didn't talk at all till the end. That set with Dojo was too close.
5: Fogo - I really enjoyed our set! It was closeeee. But yo, be prepared for the Morning magic. I'M COMIN'. ;)
7: Jerm - LOL we didn't play again!
7: PhantomX - I know those sexy (lucky) Africa spikes got your panties wet!
9: Santi - You've still got this. :) Ready to take teams at Steakfest?
9: ArturitoBurrito - El Paso - SNAKE / IKE - Add MK next to this guy. :p Ggs. We had a tense set.
9: Espy - Not bad, not bad. I'm still waiting for you to win one of these large tourneys. :p
13: Bwett - Fun friendlies.
13: K Prime - Stop your sandbagging!
17: Magik - This guy is 2gud. Thanks for all the friendlies.
17: Esca - Pit gays DK pretty hard. Ouch. DK vs MK and Snake vs Pit friendlies next time? 8]
25: Nike - Everybody's favorite Smasher! Seems like you had a harsh bracket. Tie with me next time.
25: PhoenixAlpha - Lol, I really wasn't expecting you to pick Rainbow Cruise. We had fun, we had fun. :)
25: FuriousDuffman - I couldn't touch you in those team matches at Nike's.
33: Alejandro9561 - Keep that Yoshi up.
33: Cake - It was ****** seeing you again. Let's friendly next time.
33: Donkey Bong - I'm sure it really wasn't fun to play me. Sorry if it was gay. You've got a lot of potential, let's play on a weekend or something sometime.
33: Smoom - Those Ganon dittos were really fun. You reverse 3 stocked me, you little rascal. >_< Your ICs did well vs. my Ekans too. Sorry if I let you down.
33: JoWii - Last stock, match 2 = GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. GGs.:p
33: Paw - Practice practice practice

To all my discouraged peeps out there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Th0HT2i-T4

Dojo

Smash Champion
I had alot of fun hanging with everyone. <3

Good **** Tim. Looks like you might be taking over. Don't let G catch you though. :p

Xyro77

That last picture is REALLY REALLY good.

Morningstar, yea we can do another hour long dk vs rob. super fun.
PX, i would never give my trela a disease.

and kyle, melee is not coming back. there isnt a shift. Melee gets 1 or 2 big events a year while brawl gets them all the time every other month or 2. brawl has more events on a weekly basis than melee does and ever did. melee is dead. accept it.

Esca

Smash Champion
Melee isn't dead until you want it to be.

Your just as bad as the Melee people going into Brawl threads arguing Allan. Calm down please.

The reason I enter Brawl is because I like to have fun. Why not challenge myself more by picking up a game that I'll actually enjoy more?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But Melee is so boring. ;____;

Nah, I'd play it.
Wouldn't enjoy it as much as Brawl though. Brawl Doubles is the best doubles in any Smash Bros. Even 64.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
doubles is so gay, worse than singles
Melee is fun, i had fun playing it at nikes house, i dont think its dead, it just took a big hit.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wait, wait wait.

People think 25 degrees is cold? I lived in a place that got to freaking -40! And you're complaining about cold legs at 25 freaking degrees?

You people can't even begin to imagine what cold really is. :bee: lol

Even though I wasn't there: Curse you K Prime for knocking out one of the two Ike reps. He wins two sets, and ends up in second last number wise. ;_; I wish I could have made it...

And Melee is dead, it's simply trying to drag Brawl down with it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Guys, I was just joking about saying people should be going back to melee >.>

I think the best solution is just to keep having both games at tournaments. I'm like both communities, but I'd rather sit down to play melee.

Enough of melee is dead blah blah blah brawl is better, i just stated my preference, that's all.

More shoutouts people >.>

Dojo

Smash Champion
UltimateRazer - Good **** bro. Looks like you're taking over now. Keep it up.

Gnes - Tim may be able to do it, but you never will. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Haha good sets bro. Make sure you keep Tim in check. I don't want you *****es slacking.

Sethlon - Sethlon I love you. You're back at the top. Keep ******.

Dphat - Dphat I ****ing love you. Nado, nado, nado and dthrow, sl, sl is ****ing broken. We'll do that someday.

Fogo - Think about how bad you really want it, and do what I said. I had so much fun with you as usual.

Jerm - What were you saying about not getting *****? :laugh:

PhantomX - I know we never play. But that's okay because I love you. Someday perhaps.

Santi - Glad you made it bro. Even though we didn't do what we wanted, I still would never trade you for the world. You'll always be my brother and my very best friend. See your *** next weekend. <3

UTD Zac - I love you. We are Texas' last hope at ****** those 2 kids from Houston. Let's make it happen. We brought them down once, and we can do it again.

Espy - Good matches. Idk why I forgot to ban Yoshi's. **** was gayyyy. xD

Bwett - Big Billeh getting better. Keep it up. :D

Zori - Lmao. We never play. xD It's going to happen.

DMG - Me and Andy ***** you. I love you though. We've never tried teaming before. We need to do it. I hard ****. You hard gay.

Error - Get ***** by falcon's fthrow. :D

Flip - I didn't feel like jacking your 3 dollars that bad. Next time maybe.

Take - Fun matches. :D

Nike - Thank you so much for everything. Get your mom to make more amazingness. I went to heaven for a while. It was amazing. Had alot of fun with you. Can't wait to see you again.

Tyson - I'm so glad you're back. We'll figure out what to do. I'm still just trying to figure out what I wanna do.

Cake - I love you. We'll keep working.

To everybody else - I love you all. This scene is amazing.

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes - Tim may be able to do it, but you never will. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Haha good sets bro. Make sure you keep Tim in check. I don't you *****es slacking.

UTD Zac - I love you. We are Texas' last hope at ****** those 2 kids from Houston. Let's make it happen. We brought them down once, and we can do it again.
U ***** lol...i suicided way too much that second set, u deserved that win, i had u scared that bristar match :). Good shiz man, and dont get discouraged, i see lots of stuff u can still improve on. Hes not taking over just yet, my turn next time ^_^.

Gnes and his lamb will not lose not again.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha you did, I'm not gonna lie. xD And Dojofield will forever be my stage. Made you ban that **** 2nd time. xD And idk, I gotta figure out what I wanna do. Honestly don't know how long I'm gonna be around.

And it's gonna happen.

Xyro77

Please dont tell me i will out last you in this scene? that will be down right sad

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
zomg... i didnt realize how much regular consistent practice matters until that Saturday... **** you Dallas, why didnt you move with me to Guatemala?

i'm just gonna stop going DK at tournies lol
who wants to teach me how to play MK?

shoutout to all of Dallas, it was great to see you guys again, everybody's gotten so much better.

Xyro77

Px, are you serious? btw, i saw on your Fb you were looking for apartments here in Houston/galveston area. Be this true? You can be on our PR!!!

Top Bottom