• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash '08 Results! Pittsburgh, PA Dec.27th,28th, 2008

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
This better not be directed toward me (don't think it is)
Because I'm such a nice guy and I always say "ggs" and shake hands with my opponents.
lol, no worries, it wasn't.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Everyone has to watch this match. 4:25-4:40 is serious business.

And crap... D: I just realized that I never got to play you Camalange. Well, we did play against eachother in the low tier tournament, but... I wanted to try my Marth... Hopefully I could do a LITTLE better than Vegeta.... *cough* >_>

Hey Sam I never knew the "Generate Random bracket" button was rigged for me =P
dun lie u ttly chaeted

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
lots o fun guys great tourney srry i posted late Cam was hoggin the computer too bad that silly Camalange left the all powerful AV cable at the tourney >_> no smash for us

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I didn't get to play Colaya either...ah well. There were a few people that wanted to play me as well. Next time I guess.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I didn't get to play Colaya either...ah well. There were a few people that wanted to play me as well. Next time I guess.
No, we did play a couple friendly matches on the first day. xD

You beat me pretty bad in the first round, but it was REALLY close the second one. We both barely survived eachother's attacks. I think you still won that one though... All I remember is getting a tipper dair on you, really. xD

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Oh ya, I was meaning to tell you Jumpman, nice job in the tournament and everything I just have a little constructive criticism. Try not to take this the wrong way I just noticed a couple holes in your strategy.

The biggest opening I noticed was that when you killed me and I approached you in my invulnerable state you rolled behind me nearly every time and I was usually able to punish it with a forward smash. I've seen a lot of people do this and it's usually not good for that situation. If you watch overswarm's or jokey's robs they usually grab an edge after they get a kill because it's much safer.

Another thing I noticed was when you were recovering you usually did the same recovery every time. You would laser, jump, top, up-b towards the stage then nair. I only noticed this in the third match but I was able to punish this a couple times as well.

I hope I don't sound cocky or anything I'm just trying to help out.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
D20 - intense match in the tournament, I'm lucky you didn't go marth.

Lake - I'm still recovering from the double zelda ****.

Atticus - some day you'll feed on a tree frog. fun friendlies

Wil - nice seeing you again, hopefully you'll find rides to get to more tournaments.

Everyone else good games and fun tournament.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Dobs!! Wtf?!?!? You Were At This Too?!?!?! How Did I Miss You At Two Tournaments In Two Days??

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I still don't know how I didn't get last place in the Melee tournament. I was so terrible that day, lol.

Oh, that black GCube controller is my friends. The joystick is broken and he doesn't want it, lol. You can do whatever you want with it.

:093:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Wait, that means he drove straight from Pittsburg's melee tournament to ohio's melee tournament immediately after... that's dedication.

crate

Smash Rookie
This is Will, found my account on here that I made to use search a while ago....

Dobs: yeah, hopefully someone will be near Oberlin area this next semester to drive me places ... just when I start getting good my transportation vanishes :(
We'll have to play next time I see you, didn't get a chance for friendlies.

D2O: Scariest Young Link I have ever seen. New respect for bombs, and if I couldn't chaingrab for 80% you'd have had me.

Lake: Great matches. Too bad no epic Cruise finish this time though.

Cam: Always fun to see Roy players. :p

Other Melee players: Great friendlies, congrats to Harm/Impp, you guys deserved the top spots. I should have played more teams money matches.

Brawl guys: Nice tourney, I had fun with friendlies even if I'm not really interested in tourney Brawl.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Thanks crate :p

I need to work on my Melee again though. I let Brawl control me too much, I need a balance. I placed 9th out of 34 so maybe I should stick with it, lol.
By any chance were you the guy who I money matched? Or did we just play friendlies?

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
Lol, the mourning over olimars slow death xD
There's nothing more depressing than Olimar's recovery being gimped. His slow out reach and then the fall and scream of him and his Pikmin legions dying lmao.

I don't remember seeing ANY Olimars >_>

Nor do I recognize the username.

Halp meh plz?

Those matches versus Vegeta were lolz. I was sandbagging like crazy that last match. He didn't know how to recover right.
I used the name Legato in the tournament. My name in brawl is usually LgaTo. I'm not that memorable as it was only my second tourny but I did better than last time so hopefully that's a sign of things to come ^_^

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I didn't play any Melee money matches except some teams ones, so must have just been friendlies.
Hm, well I think I know who are then. You're pretty beast.

There's nothing more depressing than Olimar's recovery being gimped. His slow out reach and then the fall and scream of him and his Pikmin legions dying lmao.
lol, so true.

I used the name Legato in the tournament. My name in brawl is usually LgaTo. I'm not that memorable as it was only my second tourny but I did better than last time so hopefully that's a sign of things to come ^_^
Hm, well I didn't really see any Olimars. I would've liked to play you, I have little Oli experience. I'm glad you're getting better though, this was my first tourney so I couldn't be any more happier with how I placed.

M@v

Subarashii!

If you ever come up to a State College tourney, talk to truth. He has a sickening Olimar.

M@v

Subarashii!
^ Yeah, I was really shocked myself. No Fox/Falco mains either(I did see people using Fox as a CP though). This Zelda whipped the crap out of everyone dude. Wish I could of gotten vids of it.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

Ya, I remember you, you were my first match. You hit me like 10 times with that up smash on battlefield as I was coming from the air but olimars can be gimped just a little too easy for my taste. Keep playing though, you have potential.

^ Yeah, I was really shocked myself. No Fox/Falco mains either(I did see people using Fox as a CP though). This Zelda whipped the crap out of everyone dude. Wish I could of gotten vids of it.
Let me guess, Impp took melee? He used to wail on me so hard in melee it was emberassing. He beat me in a grand finals once using *ashamedtoadmitit* link.... ouchies...

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
If you ever come up to a State College tourney, talk to truth. He has a sickening Olimar.
I had a mirror match with him at State College at the tourny I went to last month. It was pretty close but he ended up winning ^_^

Ya, I remember you, you were my first match. You hit me like 10 times with that up smash on battlefield as I was coming from the air but olimars can be gimped just a little too easy for my taste. Keep playing though, you have potential.
Thanks, I definitely have no intentions to stop playing brawl but I do need to figure out a secondary character hah. I would love to play you again though. I don't get any Sonic practice around here so despite me losing so bad, I enjoyed our match a lot.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I had a mirror match with him at State College at the tourny I went to last month. It was pretty close but he ended up winning ^_^
oh yeah i remember that. Olimar dittos are the craziest, little colored peppers everywhere and can't tell which are yours and which ain't >_<

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
M@V, thanks for uploading my matches with Byaa. I felt like I was having trouble pulling out down smashes in the matches, and now I can see where dtilts and other messed up attacks occurred (poor FLUDD, no cape, etc). Even so, it was a good battle, and I'm glad that Byaa ended up going all the way. Next time you feel like doing a low tier, I'll be sure to show up and steal first place for myself! Our matches were pretty interesting too, actually. I'd like to see what you can do with the freedom to switch to ZSS at will. Anyway, thanks again.

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
yo that was some good **** guys, lol yeah you guys rock...

hey M@V, upload my half video that you shut off during low tiers...

M@v

Subarashii!
I could of sworn I only recorded singles besides the low tier test set with me and the low tier finals.

Ill have to check what vids I have, some of them were faulty/too long. One of them was one of the low tier finals :/

EDIT: I see that some of the youtube links are broken :/. The vids are still there.

Ill fix the links tomorrow. If you want to watch one of them, search my youtube channel TgsMaverick.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I could of sworn I only recorded singles besides the low tier test set with me and the low tier finals.

Ill have to check what vids I have, some of them were faulty/too long. One of them was one of the low tier finals :/

EDIT: I see that some of the youtube links are broken :/. The vids are still there.

Ill fix the links tomorrow. If you want to watch one of them, search my youtube channel TgsMaverick.
Gah, that stupid 3 stock one is on there isn't it? How emberassing, the only decent thing I did was footstool him when he was trying to edgehog me... The rest of the match I was too busy being stupid to fight...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, thanks Space thing :D

May I ask who you are though, I don't recognize the username XD

I appreciate the compliment though.

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
So this tourney was awesome cant wait for the next one the low tier was a refreshing change as well

Hopefully you can do doubles next time for sure also Andy thanks for going out of the way and for giving me a pseudo ride to pittsburgh lol I'd like to go columbus we will see what happens

Anyway it was great meeting everyone and i had tons of fun

Top Bottom