• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children *spoilers*

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know whether this would go in here or in Light House, but it's a movie based on the game, so I'm putting it here.

I have gotten little information about the movie, but I know that it is being made, as I have a screen saver for it (yay!).

Any info about the movie is welcome here, as is any discussion about parts of the game you hope they don't cut out, or reasons you liked/disliked the story of the game. Keep in mind that I am currently in the middle of the game (2nd disc!), so keep those spoiler warnings up.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I thought this was suppose to take place after the game... Perhaps I read an article on IGN wrong or suttin.

Anyways, I guess I might see it if I see it for rent at the store sometime (whenever it comes out, speaking of which, any clue?). Never got to play FFVII so I'm hoping that the FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX remakes on Cube rumor will turn out true ;) But I doubt it.

Err... Movies, yeah.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Cashed, you're not wrong; the movie takes place two years after the game.
And I think I've heard summer 04 for Japan and fall 04 for America. Is this movie going to be in theaters?

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
www.ff7ac.net
Very resourceful and informative site ^^ You can download the trailers and vid clips here.

For those too lazy to read the info on the site, stuff I picked up...there seems to be another (or three?) unknown silver haired opponents (who i think have a striking resemblance to Riku : P). The planet is suffering from a syndrome (they had a few rough translations, star something) and Cloud is being a loner again, grieving, though living with orphans.

Urm..spoiler maybe? Although, it's in the trailer so I won't bother concealing it. Barrett will be in the movie, although he doesn't have an, urm, arm gun anymore, instead he has a mechanized hand.

The screenshots on the site look simply amazing, Cloud looks incredibly yummy ^^ *Squeee*

Krisbot

Smash Cadet
Vincent is teh pwn. I really hope they include everyone from FFVII in this story (Tifa, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cid...). Also, I hadn't seen that picture of Vincent yet, so thanks for posting that Gerudo Knight.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it just me, or is that trailer off the scales badarse? As if I wasn't excited enough for this movie before.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
See, if they had made the Final Fantasy that came out in the box office THIS movie, that'd be smarter. Instead we got Spirits Within, which looked cool, but had nothing Final Fantasy to it except for an old dude named Cid.

My salivary glands go on overdrive every time I watch the trailer. In fact, I'm gonna go watch it again. (grabs small bowl to catch drool)

Cloud looks a lot like Auron from FFX in this one.

I hope he kills people again . . .

Krisbot

Smash Cadet
I say that all the time to my friends Bahamut - "The only thing Spirits Within had in common with FF is a dude named Cid." I really hope they do show this in theaters, and not just release it on DVD. I think that seeing it on a big screen with surround sound would pwn. Also, if they ever showed it on an IMAX, I would flip out :crazy: .

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Barret's arm has a hand? Cloud's hair isn't big enough? Sephiroth looks like a ghost-lady instead of a crazed mofo with a deep glare now? Flaws flaws...

...well...

Arrow is right. It is indeed off the scales badarse.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I watched one of the (pirated) trailors last night. It was way better than i expected, even in spite of the translations covering the pictures and some person's head constantly getting in the way. I really have to finish playing the game so I can fill in a few story gaps. I think I'm on the final boss (Safer Sephiroth), but I am trying to get the ultimate weapons for my characters and some other summons.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Originally posted by choknater
Barret's arm has a hand? Cloud's hair isn't big enough? Sephiroth looks like a ghost-lady instead of a crazed mofo with a deep glare now? Flaws flaws...

...well...

Arrow is right. It is indeed off the scales badarse.
The hand thing shouldn't be a problem, he's always been able to put other things on, it was only a matter of time until he got a hand.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
I have to agree that Sephiroth does look sort of weak, but he still one of my most favorite villains.
Im not sure what the story is about on this movie though........so could someone tell me a lil preview or give me a link to it or something.
Man.. i hope this will be a good movie.

Holla!!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think anyone knows much about the story yet. I know it takes place two years after the events in Final Fantasy 7, but that's about it.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sephiroth has strayed even farther from his former self than he appears to have at first glance.

Prior to going completely insane, he looked warm and friendly- heroic even.

Also, you might find it interesting that Sephiroth and Marth have something in common (aside from wielding swords). The 'th' in Sephiroth can also be translated as an 's', resulting in "Sephiros" which, imo, sounds much better.

Don't you just love random facts?

Creature_85

Smash Lord
Dude, that movie looked so awesome. I hope the director doesn't pull some stupid thing and kill Cloud, or change the storyline of FF7 though.

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
story wise...

i know its set 2 years after 7 finished and theres a bunch of guys around that look just like seppy. thats about all i heard story wise. it was in the GI mag

Novowels

Fallen Angel
BRoomer
2 years after FF7.

HEY SWEET, YUFFIE WILL BE LEGAL!

uh. don't mind me.

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord
I'm not really looking forward to this movie. Basically because I thought FFVII sucked. If it were a video game, I would be interested, but it ia movie. That is a stupid idea.

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
In my opinion FF7 did not suck. That game was so cool(beside horrible graphics excluding cut scenes). In my opinion, the movie idea isnt "stupid" but i would much prefer a FFVII-2 redone like FFX graphics or somethin. Then again FFX-2 killed FFX for me....Tidus comes out of nowhere! I say though they make Cloud look so awsome! I have my hair done just like his so i say this is even cooler. I hope they have Steve Burton do the voice for Cloud. (i think Steve Burton did the voice for Cloud in Kingdom Hearts right?) Do they have any pics of what Tifa looks like now or what about the rumor of Aeris coming back. Shes dead and if she does come back it would kill the movie.

EDIT: is that better?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Personally, I'm mixed. I am really, REALLY excited that they're making an FF7 movie... but kind of disappointed that they set it after the end of FF7. One of the best parts of the storyline and ending in my opinion was that we didn't know whether or not Holy wiped out the human race. All we see at the end is Red XIII running through midgar with his cubs...

Imo, this was a really important change from the all-tied-up-and-happy endings of other games, and it really added to the unique atmosphere that FF7 had as a whole.

I wish the movie was a prequel.

-Scav

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by CloudKid2k4
FF7 did not SUCK!
Yeah Ultima Nightmare! Since when do you have the gall to have your own opinions! I can't believe you would publically proclaim on a forum that CloudKid goes to that you don't like FF7! Since when do you have the authority to overrule CloudKid's word?! CloudKid's word is law! [/heavysarcasm]

For the record, I thought FF7 sucked too.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got tired of seeing this post every time I looked at the topic, so I'll just leave you with some music. Smashing Pumpkins ok?

*Emptiness is loneliness
and loneliness is cleanliness
and cleanliness is godliness
and god is empty just like meeeeee
vadabum buh duhduhbum vadadabum*

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by pokemonmaster01
For the reccord, think you suck. Unless of course my opinion isn't valid.
Due to the incoherency of your post, I couldn't exactly tell who you were talking to. However, if it was me, I won't flame you or anything, because I respect another's right to have an opinion. Unless your name is Loquax or Oversized Asshat.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wasn't being serious. I just saw you dissing the game in my topic about the game's movie and I got all huffy about it. Whatever. Sorry this got so off-topic. I just disagree with you on the quality of the game.

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
Sorryyy mcfox. i didnt know i was allowed to state my own opinion. I should correct it i guess lol. I think ff7 does not suck. Im sorry i get huffy too Ff7 is one of my fav games ever. ill try not to get too mad anymore. And i NEVER said that UltimaNightmare couldnt have his own opinion. I just stated my opinion in probably the wrong way. Im sorry if i offended anybody or whatever. My opinion is that FF7 was a good game. I liked it but its not nearly as good as FFX.

Don't read too much into my post. I've just generally been annoyed with the human race in general, and your post seemed like a good way to vent.

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
i didnt really care to much for X. it was ok but no where near 7's goodness. i liked the battle theme for regular battles but not for bosses.

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
In my opinion, ffx is much better but it probably because i liked the graphics and the CTB battle system. I liked ff7 a lot. ff8 is my favorite game ever. then 7 is next fav. (not better than X but i liked it more. just cuz i liked it does not mean its better.) but i must say if the movie makes it. (which undoubtedly even if its pure garbage, it will still sell to ff fanatics like me :p) I hope square-enix makes the game FF8-Gaia which was to be a sequel to ff8 in which you played with fujin, seifer, and raijin. Maybe they could turn the movie into a ps3 game later on? doubtful, but that would be so cool.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
I don't know how any other game can even compare with FF7. I love all the Final Fantasy games, but 7 has to be the best. The movie is going to be awesome. (Unless they do something stupid like revive Aeris.)

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
yes reviving Aeris would be the gayest thing of all time. it would just kill FF7 for me...

Top Bottom