• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
This site rarely ever uses neutral alignments and most of the time they win over any other faction. We lynch the Gorf.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
What is your wincon.

All your posts imply you aren't town and the role you posted also makes me think this is likely.
My wincon is survivor. I win if either town or scum wins.

How do my posts imply I'm not town? ******* didn't even scum read me, I was just in the dark cuz what else do you expect a voteless Indy to do during the Day phase?

#HBC | Gorf

@whoever said my ability being N1 only is convenient: it's not. A 1-shot Vig is good modding and weakening a Vig is better modding. Also note that my power specified N4 as the death time. It doesn't say "three phrases from when you use it" or etc.

I'm guessing this site doesn't make a distinction between Independent (cannot win with other groups) and Neutral (can win with other groups) third-party alignments?

If we don't win after lynching another scum player then it would be okay to lynch Gorf. I don't think he's with the Mafia group (but if someone else thinks he is, I'm willing to consider it) so we can keep him around for a little while longer, with the assumption that if we don't win after beating the Mafia then he's the reason why.

I don't think Ran is scummy for the ruse.

I don't like DSH's attitudes toward Ran or Gorf developments.
I am convinced enough of only 3 scum that I'm willing to lose (get the noose) if I'm wrong. It's 14 man with 2 strong scum PR's flipped. The third is SURELY as good.

#HBC | Gorf

This site rarely ever uses neutral alignments and most of the time they win over any other faction. We lynch the Gorf.
***** you swear. "The site rarely ever uses neutral alignments," my **** barely uses your mouth but I'll be shoving it in there if you waste a lynch on me before a scum flips and lose cuz of it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Perfectly fine with Vult.

Your claiming indy from your wording so no, I will not trust you and will lynch you.
After Ran, I would smile and lynch Ryu based on toDay's play alone. He's being accused of muddy and stanceless play by Ran, which jives with what I've been seeing. And immediately after Ran's assault, Ryu fires shots at Gorf for what should be a non-priority indy claim, then tucks his own claim in below his anger on Ran. It feels like a diversion of public interest in his slot. I'm also unhappy with Ryu's easy acceptance of my Ran case yesterDay, versus pressing Ran toDay without ever calling back to that case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Perfectly fine with Vult.

After Ran, I would smile and lynch Ryu based on toDay's play alone. He's being accused of muddy and stanceless play by Ran, which jives with what I've been seeing. And immediately after Ran's assault, Ryu fires shots at Gorf for what should be a non-priority indy claim, then tucks his own claim in below his anger on Ran. It feels like a diversion of public interest in his slot. I'm also unhappy with Ryu's easy acceptance of my Ran case yesterDay, versus pressing Ran toDay without ever calling back to that case.

you're gonna die tonight, what are your reads?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So okay, I have a feeling that the course of toDay needs to be a very simple one. I am truly sorry @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , but you should not have claimed indy if you wanted to live past this Day Phase. Plus I am bitter towards survivors personally so I cannot let them live due to past experience. (Inception Mafia because they caused my factions lose) However, indy, by nature is anti-town. You are your own faction and therefore not truly a part of the town. I am sorry that you drew a role as terrible as survivor but that role is truly a bad role. It is incredibly hard to win as and isn't fair even though you are able to not be targetted by NAs. The thing is though, you not being able to be targetted by NAs is inherently questionable. If it is any consolation, you played a better game then most townies and even though a bit of me wants to keep you around because want to believe your surivior con, I simply cannot because it is not logical.

I agree with Nabe I am not seeing Vult scum. I am very okay with him based on his play and I haven't had a reason to want to lynch him. He fit as terms of "inactive that could be towny but could be a part of the scum-team" but with toDay's play being solidified more. I won't lynch him toDay or for quite a bit at the moment. His Doom makes sense and his logic is sound. I am disliking the fact that people find his claim scummy because it is a total cop-out that Doom=Scum. If anything, I was thinking Doom was the most likely candidate for Indy but with Gorf's claim, there can't be two indies with 3 scum. Vult lives.

So then that only leaves two viable people for being the final scum-mate and that would be DSH and Gheb. I am leaning DSH over Gheb. DSH's play toDay has transformed and also based on some things I noticed that I pointed out to Nabe earlier on yesterDay, I feel they are more likely the scum over Gheb. Their play was good D1 but now it has begun to desinagrate into scummy. Also always in the back of my mind, there is that play Ruy tried to do to get a "clear" on him being a preist. That slot keeps nagging me, but now it makes more sense that they are more likely the final scum then Gheb. However, if they do not flip scum, I would lynch Gheb in a heartbeat mainly because I have stronger reads on the rest of the cast. There are things that implicate him to the condemned but that's neither here nor there since Gheb is third in line on my lynch list for now. (Gorf->DSH->Gheb)

Dabuz is still my strongest town-read. KWK/MC/Nabe/Vult are comfy in my book (in that order). Ranmaru is in his own special category because I cannot believe his play this game is that awful that I want to give him the benefit of the doubt of being scum but logistically, he is more than likely town who is going to be reamed after this game is over by a multiple of players.

In the end, toDay should end with a Gorf lynch, no if ands or buts. Then just lynch DSH toMorrow more than likely. Well at this point it's just Ruy and Joey isn't even here.

Unvote
Vote: Gorf

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
People who are considering keeping Gorf around because we can "manipulate" him into doing what we want. That isn't true because he could be lying. There is little room to think that heis but in the end you cannot trust an indy. It baffles me he claimed indy because I would have believed his claim as town. "Low priority" is something else I saw but with 2 back-to-back scum lynches we have room to lynch the confirmed claimed indy.

Also someone could convince me of Ghebscum>DSHscum but the noose toMorrow should be between them. I just don't want to deal with the fact of calling Gheb scum and him exploding like always. Good defense mechanis though. However, here's the point I don't get: Gheb bussed both his partners if he is scum. His play does not make complete sense as a mafia candidate. Re-reading his early D1 play as well seems more like "Towny trying to break the game" but the argument can be there for "scum trying to gain town points" I am just choosing to lok at it from a different angle. So until I see DSH's flip, I am okay with Gheb but if he flips town, Gheb dies next for my line of importance.

However, I have one question for @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ : Were you only able to choose one ability or did you choose both lvls of Gadgeteer?

Otherwise we now have all the claims and it's just deciding a lynch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's just me at this point.

Also idk why people think I am scum with Scary and Marshy/Bardull but w/e, I can die for all I care at this point.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Posts like that don't help your case, for me tbh. If you are town, try and convince me of GhebScum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Another added benefit to lynching Gorf. We are definitely losing Nabe toNight. Since I am going to assume he is flipping town, lynching an anti-town faction is equal payment for it imho.

There are no negatives to lynching Gorf.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Their play was good D1 but now it has begun to desinagrate into scummy.
No, DSH's play on Day 1 was one huge pile of horse ****. The way he *********** my attempts to wagon HBW and even PROTECTED him on N1 shows just how poor his insight towards this game was.

However, I have one question for @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ : Were you only able to choose one ability or did you choose both lvls of Gadgeteer?
Gadgeteer doesn't get to choose a 2nd class. I'm a Gadgeteer, there's nothing more there is to the role.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Posts like that don't help your case, for me tbh. If you are town, try and convince me of GhebScum.
Cause I totally targeted my scum mate with Stop.

Not gonna convince you of anything cause I really don't care.

3. Maximum Carnage () - Might look at tommarrow, more likely not.
4. Kreative Whiz Kids () - would look at.
5. Detective Sherlock Hound () - scum
6. J () - Not scum off day 2 and 3.
7. Gorf () - indy
8. Dabunz () - not scum off total play.
10. Ranmaru () - would 110% lynch
12. Gheb_01 () - would lynch, prefer Ran.
13. Nabe () - he's gonna die.
14. Vult Redux () - Not scum, even if I don't agree with targetting Nabe, PoE him before lylo though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The final puzzle piece is always the hardest but the most fun challenge in mafia games for me. I like that I don't know for certain the final scum-mate because the other two were easy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Their play was good D1 but now it has begun to desinagrate into scummy. Also always in the back of my mind, there is that play Ruy tried to do to get a "clear" on him being a preist.
No, I didn't do this.

I claimed priest when we asked who might have stopped the night kill.

I didn't try to clear myself with **** outside of the stop target at Bardull.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
There are no negatives to lynching Gorf.
For the sake of healthy discussion and devil's advocating (read: not because I think your reasoning is particularly bad, dumb, or scummy (although I am wary of players following your lead*)):

The possible potential "negative" to lynching Gorf is simply that we could be using our lynch on a mafia member instead. At this point I think it's much more valuable to focus on the mafia faction because they (probably...) have a kill whereas Gorf (probably...) doesn't. Moreover, Gorf doesn't have a vote, and outed his abilities, whereas the last potential Mafia player still has unknown abilities and can influence the Day.

I'd like to point out that even if Gorf is lying about being Neutral and actually is Indy, it's an issue that is very very easy to deal with later. Since we can make him lose (probably...) by lynching him regardless or whether he's Indy or Neutral, he has great incentive to pay attention to what the Town wants and use his abilities to benefit us. Yes, he could be lying to some extent. However, he's shown enough of his cards (he told us he's indy for god's sake) that if he's withholding information from us it's probably a very small amount (e.g. he is Indy and not Neutral, he has a 1-shot busdrive/otherability, etc).

If he does something fishy, we can round up the votes lynch him in like half a day, wash our hands, and move forward.

*In particular I am unhappy with Ryu's and Gheb's eagerness to drop a potential Mafia lynch for a "meh" Indy/Neutral lynch. I think J's thought process is more fleshed out (also he's cop-confirmed...) whereas Ryu and Gheb are taking a policy lynch kind of stance which is a a very easy stance to take and is a stance that probably benefits the Mafia more than it does the Town.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'd like to ask someone write up a list of claims, Night actions claimed, and which of those Night actions can be verified by the info we have. I haven't been following the claims well enough to remember who is what and who did what when and I think it'd be useful for catching liars.

In particular I am interested in knowing how the kill was blocked last Night considering (iirc) roleblocks were outlawed, meaning the save was from a protection (or the Mafia doesn't have a kill, but I'm not at all ready to consider that seriously yet). Iirc J protected Ran, leaving him as a possible Mafia target.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why? Is there reason I should be looking at them?
Not at the moment.

In particular I am interested in knowing how the kill was blocked last Night considering (iirc) roleblocks were outlawed, meaning the save was from a protection (or the Mafia doesn't have a kill, but I'm not at all ready to consider that seriously yet). Iirc J protected Ran, leaving him as a possible Mafia target.
They could've targeted Gorf who claims to be immune to NAs.

Regarding my NAs I did the following:
N1 I roleblocked people whose final post # was divisible by 5 [DSH, Scary, Gorf and Acro]
N2 I put Ran at the bottom of the NAR [he was the only one with a final post # divisible by 5]
N3 I blinded J, KWK and Ryu

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*In particular I am unhappy with Ryu's and Gheb's eagerness to drop a potential Mafia lynch for a "meh" Indy/Neutral lynch. I think J's thought process is more fleshed out (also he's cop-confirmed...) whereas Ryu and Gheb are taking a policy lynch kind of stance which is a a very easy stance to take and is a stance that probably benefits the Mafia more than it does the Town.
I don't care what you say. I will NOT compromise on lynching a confirmed scumbag. End of discussion.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vult, letting indies live is how I almost got away with it and plenty of others have.

I get why you don't like it but having a policy to lunch all indies, unless mafia would auto win aka Hearts mafia where town didn't lynch Indy July because would win.

Mafia theory with me about it post, but I garentee lynch all Indies is a better stance to hold.

You have no reason to trust them not to be lying or backstab you later. I literally quoted Washed's outburst when town almost let me skate away as an Indy marker when I claimed survivor.

Don't let Indies live, they will bone you more than help.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's just me at this point.

Also idk why people think I am scum with Scary and Marshy/Bardull but w/e, I can die for all I care at this point.
I can see why. You never wanted to lynch scary for 'being pressured' but you never considered his alignment. You only considered him when Nabe and MC were talking about him, 'actions'. Here is the quote where you mention this:

I'm wondering about this [SCARY] though.
Scary could be lying but the main issue is that Scary got his action off when Gheb pulled a mass roleblock.
Not only were you trying to clear yourself with your priest ability, but you were also trying to excuse Scary here due to his claim.

Lynch J dunno why we are talking about this, Scary is town here.
Well sucks cause I'm not voting Hardbody.
Here Ryu also refuses to even think about HBW. Remember that Nabe x HBW interaction that made him go huh? He never came back to that. He never intended to. He only changed his opinion when public opinion of Bardull changed. Here is the quote relevant to his NABE HUH? thoughts:

Again what I said about the Nabe stuff above, it's the only thing I find myself going, "huh?" because I thought when D2 started Dabuz was going to be his vote.
I asked him to talk more about that, he said 'later', never came back to it.

Who cares.

He is going to die by the end of day 4. If he doesn't we lynch him, not a threat.

Btw our modvotes are from targetting Carnage.
This shows Ryu posting in the start of the DaY. He never actually gave a scumpick, he waited until much later to state who he wanted dead.

It's more possible one of the people who were roleblocked sent out the night kill but on sheer play, I dislike Bardull more on a Scary scum flip.

Bardull's slot is possible and one I am greatly considering.
This is not as strong as his preference towards Scary, but I dislike it because he had such a strong town read such that he wouldn't even vote him. I had to poke at him many times to get him to talk to me.

His preferences for Scary/Bardull were not genuine, and his reaction to me trying to defending Dabuz was grimy. Him also talking about me D3 without even confronting me about it D2 was misplaced. If he really had a problem with me compromising to him, he would have said so D1 or D2. Yet he brought it up D3 to get more attention towards me in that day, not to actually re-consider my slot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I get why you don't like it but having a policy to lunch all indies, unless mafia would auto win aka Hearts mafia where town didn't lynch Indy July because would win.
I don't think we lost because of her. In fact she was helping our faction at the time. Re-reading that, I realized had I compromised we might have gotten scum that day. Makes me sad. Anyways, the same applies here. July could have helped us and we would have taken care of her later, as we can do with Gorf. Don't see the urgency, and I don't see how Ryu's response to my 'urgency' actually quelled that. I mean saying "Yeah always lynch indies" doesn't answer the question "Why lynch the Indy TODAY instead of TOMORROW?"

#HBC | Gorf

Come on. You can actually just use me. I've been voteless forever, so I'm literally a ****ing pawn. PLUS IM UNBELIEVABLY PROVABLE. It's like... **** were in a good position with the ratio. If maf dies and the games still going, lynch me so you can have some answers. But why now is my question.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't think we lost because of her. In fact she was helping our faction at the time. Re-reading that, I realized had I compromised we might have gotten scum that day. Makes me sad. Anyways, the same applies here. July could have helped us and we would have taken care of her later, as we can do with Gorf. Don't see the urgency, and I don't see how Ryu's response to my 'urgency' actually quelled that. I mean saying "Yeah always lynch indies" doesn't answer the question "Why lynch the Indy TODAY instead of TOMORROW?"
Ran lynching July was gg fir town if we did, only reasoning it was 4v3v1 it was auto lose if we did lynch here.

Indies are scum stop pretending they aren't. Gheb is entirely correct here.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
You guys are dense as **** if you lynched me.

"My dad's ****... really d-dense."

I believe the entire claim up until the "wins with either faction" part is true.

We're in a great spot and have gotten 2 scum lynches in a row with scum getting 0 Night kills off. With only one town lynch and a town mod kill, we're really up in the numbers, balance-wise. If what Gorf says is true about there being a 3-man team + an indy (him), we're golden. Lynching him (claimed indy) ensures there aren't any surprises from an unclaimed ability of his ****ing us over, and then we only have one mafia member left to find! At the rate Night phases have been going, we've got a lot of time to find them, and we'd be dense as **** not to lynch the claimed indy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran shut up about clearing myself as a priest. I never once tried to clear my self. I claimed I might have stopped the night kill when it was asked public ally if someone might have stopped it.

I did not prefer lynching scary until there was a conflict between him and another player.

Had hardbody as town before Scary flipped scum in which I sent stop at Bardull which was going to roleblock and Voteblock him.

Top Bottom