• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To clarify. If I used my action the night KwK targetted me, my action would have failed. Last night was most likely free game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So... You DIDN'T target. Okay.

I decided that I'm going to claim. I'm mobile now though so I'll get to that when I get home.

Ran, if you didn't cop, do it toNight. No redirecting or jumps iirc.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reread what I said. Mod did a oopsie. Thought I was blinded, but got the result of J not being mafia.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
not sure why
Didn't realize this was a question. Mainly is I wanted your opinion on it.

What's your take on what I actually said about Ran?

Can we please not talk about Ranmaru at the moment? His gambit on me almost caused me to be lynched and I have no real read on him besides wanting him dead. What you said about Ranmaru held weight at the time, after his claim yesterDay, not. Now? I don't know, my head is reeling.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Well good to know the impossible scenario was, in fact, impossible.

But Ran, I'm confused.

You have used your action? And you did use it on J? And you got a not guilty result?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You have used your action? And you did use it on J? And you got a not guilty result?
Yes and yes. I can understand your confusement. At first I was told I was blinded and that I wasn't able to get my result. But the mod corrected himself and told me the result.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
So MOD forgot about your ninja passive making you immune to Night Actions and afflicted you with Blind, so you decided to fake a guilty instead of asking the MOD if there was an error?

And when the MOD finally fixed the error, then you chose to out the real result? How long were you going to ride out that fake guilty if the MOD didn't step in?

#HBC | Gorf

I claim Cid Randell. I am your Judgemaster.

Basically, in layman's terms, I am the guy making the laws every phase. If you'd like proof, look no further then me explaining that there was the possibility of redirectors around yesterDay, and what is one of the laws now in place toNight? No redirecting. With every scum dead, I get another law added with a 3 law maximum. Basically, I can choose any ability and hinder it from being used. Couldn't RB or VB last Night? You can thank me. I also can't use laws consecutively, I'd have chosen something like no redirecting every Night if that wasn't the case. I'm basically here to **** **** up. With that said, I am 100% immune to Night actions. Did anybody use anything on me? Did anyone target me for an NK? Who the hell knows, but I can't be hit by it. I can only die if I'm lynched. Also, why am I voteless? I can either choose to enact laws, or have a vote the next Day phase. That's clearly provable. Now, the text in my role PM heavily implies the existence of a 3 man scum team. It says, paraphrased, that the fact that one law is added every time a mafiosi dies means that I can have up to 3 laws at a time. It's because of the fact that I get one every time that I can have up to 3 laws. I think the wording may have been Freudian slip like, but yes. 3 man team.

Now, there's no need to try and go around this. It is clear from the fact I can't be targeted at Night period that there's something fishy about me. I'm an indy. BUT, I win with either town or mafia. I win alongside either scum or town. So I beg on my virtual hands and knees, PLEASE keep me around. I'm cool, I'm helpful, I speak my mind in order to help town, I'm essentially my own entity man. Lynching me is utterly pointless for town, and utterly pointless for scum. I am even willing to take suggestions, town and mafia, so feel free to manipulate me and sway my decision. I'm no burden to either side, so if you guys keep me alive it'd be the most G thing in the world. I win if I'm alive. I will understand if you guys wanna lynch me, but I just think it'd suck cuz I mean I'm having fun playing god lmao. So yea. Pleeeeease?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We'll lynch Ran toDay and if game's not won by then we lynch Gorf next.

I'm just a generic unit and picked Gadgeteer.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Though Gorf claiming to be completely immune to NAs means that the scumpool might be a lot bigger than just the 3 people that could have gotten their NK blocked.

Ran is still ridiculously scummy and needs to die.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

Why lynch me though? I don't hurt EITHER side by existing. I can manipulate **** for town to PROVE ROLES. I am god! If I were you guys and saw my claim id be totally on board with keeping me! Think about it: what the **** mafia member is there in any game ever that's just straight up immune to Night actions? That's border line unfair. Oh and also my power. Oh, and my play ****ing SCREAMS not mafia with AT LEAST Scary. I may be able to fathom you guys calling me scum with Bardull but... Like no. C'mon y'all. You know you love me.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Gorf what are all your options? Be specific because we're going to be controlling them until we lynch you.

Also "max of 3 laws" isn't a slip implying a 3 man team, it implies 4 if you start with 0 laws. I think you started with one, so that could be 3 or just a max.

What cho' laws Gorf.

I have a feeling I am gonna cry. I won't understand anything, even my own role. :(
lol foreshadowing

#HBC | Gorf

I did start with one. My laws are literally any specific action you can think of. I don't know if it's limited to active abilities, but I carts only can't require posting restrictions or **** like that. I also can't prohibit NK's.

I know it's an uncomfortable position. But I decided not to be shady about my alignment cuz when I saw my wincon I chose to play for town. I know I can be wrong, and c'mon my play isn't even SCUMMY. I. Want. To. Help. Town. And. Can. Prove. Roles. Know why? Breaking rules incurs penalties! Tangible ****ing penalties! I wanna win but I wanna win with town, and @SCUM who likely would wanna convince town that I'm a crock of ****, piss off. The good thing about having me around is, I admit, my reads aren't the sharpest! And as long as I make laws I'm voteless! I'm essentially a non factor for both sides' wincon! Everybody loves themselves a game with Gorf in it amirite? That's what this basically is! FFTA Mafia, and we'll add a lil Gorf in the mix!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So MOD forgot about your ninja passive making you immune to Night Actions and afflicted you with Blind, so you decided to fake a guilty instead of asking the MOD if there was an error?

And when the MOD finally fixed the error, then you chose to out the real result? How long were you going to ride out that fake guilty if the MOD didn't step in?
I assumed it was global. Or rather, one that can hit multiple targets while hitting me still. That is why I didn't think to ask.

Yes, because then I actually got a result. Before that was gut. I don't know. I was considering on how J played the previous Day before committing all the way. But now I'm convinced that the last scum have to be:

Gheb and DSH.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't see any reason to lynch Gorf. Gheb, DSH, and Vult have a place in the lynch palace before Gorf would ever be invited there. Vult is only a question mark but besides that, Vult isn't actually suspicious.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's it for today. I'm putting in less work this day than the previous days. I think I have done plenty of it. I'm willing to substantiate my reads further if needed though. I could try making a DSH case so you guys can see my concern with him at least.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I did start with one. My laws are literally any specific action you can think of. I don't know if it's limited to active abilities, but I carts only can't require posting restrictions or **** like that. I also can't prohibit NK's.

I know it's an uncomfortable position. But I decided not to be shady about my alignment cuz when I saw my wincon I chose to play for town. I know I can be wrong, and c'mon my play isn't even SCUMMY. I. Want. To. Help. Town. And. Can. Prove. Roles. Know why? Breaking rules incurs penalties! Tangible ****ing penalties! I wanna win but I wanna win with town, and @SCUM who likely would wanna convince town that I'm a crock of ****, piss off. The good thing about having me around is, I admit, my reads aren't the sharpest! And as long as I make laws I'm voteless! I'm essentially a non factor for both sides' wincon! Everybody loves themselves a game with Gorf in it amirite? That's what this basically is! FFTA Mafia, and we'll add a lil Gorf in the mix!
Let me quote a wise man on the subject.

You.
Guys.
Are.
Unbelievably.
Beyond.
Belief.

Gogdamn, I was seething yesterday at all of this miserable bull****.

vote: Red Ruy

WHY THE **** DID YOU *******S NOT AUTO-LYNCH HIM ON HIS CLAIM? WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK THIS GAME IS STILL GOING IF HE'S NOT LYING ABOUT HIS CLAIM? HE JUST CLAIMED INDY.

I-N-D-Y

THAT IS NOT GOGDAMN TOWN. THAT IS NOT A PART OF OUR WINCON. THAT IS A SEPARATE WINCON. IF HE HAD A WINCON SIMILAR TO TOWN'S, HE WOULD NOT BE AN INDY. DO NOT SIT THERE AND FOOL YOURSELF INTO BUYING HIS UNBELIEVABLY ****TY CLAIM SIMPLY BECAUSE HE SAID "OH IT'S OKAY I WIN WITH YOU GUYS!"

BESIDES, WITH 7 PEOPLE LEFT, IT'S EITHER 2 SCUM AND AN INDY (WHICH WOULD BE BORDERLINE INSANE WITH AN INDY ALREADY FLIPPED) AND THEREFORE SAFE TO LYNCH HIM OR THREE SCUM LEFT--AND STILL SAFE TO LYNCH HIM.
Your claiming indy from your wording so no, I will not trust you and will lynch you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Your claiming indy from your wording so no, I will not trust you and will lynch you.
I don't see the urgency in lynching an Indy toDay unless you think he is scum for it?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not going to cry about it, but I will show who I think should go instead of me. Or at least after me. I can understand people being confused about my play YesterDay, but I think people should look back to my contributions to the game before that as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyways I'm out for now. I have class. Bye thread.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
No, you aren't.

Unvote Vote: Gheb

J IS NOT MAFIA.

I seemed to have been blinded, but slight mod error, and I got that result recently. I will admit to being LVP for this. Sorry for that. I did try to gambit a guilty. I might have pushed it farther too, I was considering it.

Seeing as I'm a Level 2 Ninja, this result should be legit. (Unless Alchemist doesn't get used on me regardless but still activates?)

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

There was no reason to pull a stunt like this. I can confirm the mod error since Gova told me I was also blinded after the night ended, but jesus, you gotta die.

You guys know my first class, my second is Time mage lvl 1.

I learned from last time that scum really needs to speed up a nightkill to get an action off so we took time mage lvl 1 to counter this. We also got stop which we used on Bardull two nights ago, we ended up lynching him anyways so that was wasted :/.

We still have the speeding someone NA to first in the line-up ability.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
@whoever said my ability being N1 only is convenient: it's not. A 1-shot Vig is good modding and weakening a Vig is better modding. Also note that my power specified N4 as the death time. It doesn't say "three phrases from when you use it" or etc.

I'm guessing this site doesn't make a distinction between Independent (cannot win with other groups) and Neutral (can win with other groups) third-party alignments?

If we don't win after lynching another scum player then it would be okay to lynch Gorf. I don't think he's with the Mafia group (but if someone else thinks he is, I'm willing to consider it) so we can keep him around for a little while longer, with the assumption that if we don't win after beating the Mafia then he's the reason why.

I don't think Ran is scummy for the ruse.

I don't like DSH's attitudes toward Ran or Gorf developments.

Top Bottom