• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I've had tests/speeches and I got another on Monday while working the weekend.

Anyways I'm working on this before I gotta go to work, again but what is your read on me thus far?
my read is: please take more time to formulate thought, because apparently your lack of time causes you to not remember reading the post that motivated you to ask this question in the first place, in which it's clear i have no read on your slot

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
/replace out

sorry guys i just can't devote the time to this game while still devoting all the time to other parts of my life that i need to. school demands far too much of me

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
@KevinM

sup its marshy. replace? i promise itll be fun

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

im surprised you think id give up my dvote to gorf like that. you know im a selfish *******

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

so i know youre scumreading me and all but you can at least agree with me that nabes the best of these wagons. i could use your vote here

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

DONT talk to disgustingass dabdab about anything. i think we can both agree to give no ****s about his opinion for the lynch. are you guys terribly opposed to switching back to jd? ill give yall a little more time but

this **** seems tove hit a roadblock due to the cockblock brigade and their mission to ruin d1. need the nonvoters to say **** and saying who theyd be down for

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
- marshy is a player who I haven't been feeling the way I normally do...I'm talking about visible gaps where there are shifts and countershifts in reads, the sort he sometimes has in hydras (I would say the only time I've actually seen this was No Hetero), where a large part of his play is internal back-and-forth with the other head, rather than . I don't think that this behaviour is isolated to when Sang stepped in, despite his play being solo with Nameless which should preclude that behaviour, so I'm guarded about the possibility of him talking to scummates as a cause. What I'd have liked from marshy was addressing Gorf with his double vote the way I did, which would have given a strong outward interaction to examine, and would've made sense from him given their townplay in LM.
nabe

ask yourself "what hydras have i seen marshy in"

then ask yourself "how often is it 90% marshy and 10% the other guy cuz marshys way more active"

then ask yourself "when its about equal does marshy actually spend a good amount of time talking to the other half [a certain non hetero hydra seems to come to mind as you suggest here] internally"

and then ask yourself "when marshy was pushing x/y/z in the wall would he have gladly hopped on any and all wagons presenting themselves on these players at any point in the game if the one he was initially on was dying down or ******* came into the thread to whiteknight them for no reason [as which happened with raz]"

and the answerll be clear. for ONCE i have a hydra partner who is as engaged in the game as i am so of course ima dedicate a lot of the time talking to them. you can ask gorf how much of my effort in luigis mansion was spent as a microphone for him (literally all of d2 and the entire frito lynch)

anyways hold your vote where its at please. also can you talk to me a lil about j?

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

why dont we just switch to jd? at that point hell be -1 and we pretty much have this ****ing dayphase. otherwise youre dealing with a scary wagon who wont compromise for **** and clawing at the dirt for inactives to see your cause. nabe aint going anywhere and soon town will be forced to avoid the "wahh its d1 and i cant read nabe" copout whichll be valuable

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can't be the only one who thinks dabuz and DSH would be decent lynches toDay. Why are we wasting our time with these ****ty ass wagons we're dealing with right now as if no other option were avilable?

:059:

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
i wont give you dsh but i can go dabdab. me + nabe both hate him + you = 5 votes already. acro doesnt like him either so im assuming thats 6 and carnage will probably join sooner or later cuz he didnt care too much for him plus soldier lvl 2

HEY TOWN THANKS A LOT FOR BEING STUBBORN ASSHOLES. WHEN IM THE GUY ACTIVELY SEEKING COMPROMISE YOU KNOW SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i wont give you dsh
:thumbsdown:

I'm so ****ing sick of dumbass ******* whiteknighting ******* for no ****ing reason. This is exactly why town keeps losing games because you defend scummy play and let ****** get away with it instead of hardbodying the ****ing **** out of them. Get out of here with that ****ing bull**** and come back only when you are ready to ****ing hardbody the **** out of detective sherlock scum.

:059:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
And yet, to me, it seems like that's exactly what you did with that post. Apologies if you had explained them but it really doesn't seem like it.
touché, in fact I was thinking about that I was writing my response and was wondering if you'd bring up that irony. there is a difference though. in my case though I didn't justify because of lack of time (I blame my lull on trying to spend more time with my better half the past few days), not because I wanted to please the crowd without putting in thought.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Hardbody Warrior (2) Vult, Gheb
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. WashedLaundry ()
5. Detective Sherlock Hound ()
6. J ()
7. Gorf (1) MOD
8. Dabunz (2) Nabe, Nabe
9. LBScary59 (4) J, TPR, dabuz, dabuz
10. Town PR ()
11. Jdietz43 (2) DSH, Scary
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (5) WL, HBW, HBW, MC, Jdietz
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Acrostic, Gorf

With 14 playing it takes 8 to lynch!

Deadline is February 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind a Dabuz lynch. I would REALLY rather lynch Nabe though. It's probably gonna be the same song and dance next phase. I would feel a lot more free to go poking around at the next place I want to dig into tomorrow with Nabe gone.

I will need to talk to my other head before I want to compromise on Dabuz. It's possible.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I don't mind a Dabuz lynch. I would REALLY rather lynch Nabe though. It's probably gonna be the same song and dance next phase. I would feel a lot more free to go poking around at the next place I want to dig into tomorrow with Nabe gone.
oops i have three posts directed towards you
quit being so timid
get on my level scumbag
yolo 420 2014

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm not just talking to talk. All of Dabuz's questions are either pointless at the start or pointless due to absolutely no follow-through. Even when people straight up ignore him (SEE: NABE) there's not bite from him. I'm sitting here yelling "LET US KILL NABE, I AM TOTALLY DOWN FOR THAT" and Dabuz is being flat ignored by Nabe. With us alone we could put 3 votes on him no problem and you know JDietz would just waltz right on over to Nabe and he'd suddenly be a lynch option on the table with like... no effort.

There's no pressure from dabuz, the questions are poor and pointless. The above are some arbitrarily picked examples. He has some good questions, but even when he DOES get answers he doesn't follow through... or ask for a better answer if the response is bad.
I see where you're coming from.

However, many of these examples are asking questions about experience. While these are filler questions in a way, I don't find them particularly scummy. Asking about experience satisfies curiosity, lets you get a feel for how that person will play, and opens dialogue with a player that you've never played with before. It's null.

On the matter of questions not being followed-up: I also think that not following up with players that ignore you is null when you are in dabuz's position and questioning many players at once. Kind of like spreading a wide net to see what bites. I'm also taking into account that there are players on this site who are religiously uncooperative.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
I agree with @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf . How are you feeling about DSH? Just wondering.

I'd still prefer to be on any lynch that takes place.
Is that what we are doing now? Just lynching whoever isn't ourselves? Why are you letting the Scary push stagnate?

I guess what I'm saying here is @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , if you didn't believe in my lynch, don't want yourself lynched, believe in the Scary lynch, are backed up in that by a Dabuz wall, and are told it's likely between you two by Marshy, why change to me here?
I agree with this as well, it's stupid what he is doing, but so is what you are doing. It's like you don't have any backbone. Same goes for Nabe. How about you guys stick to your guns?

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Yes, stick to your guns and aid in the stagnation of this Day phase because Townies won't compromise on a D1 lynch. Brilliant.

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43

Go head and hop the wagon. I assume Acro and Carnage'll be joining us shortly if their reads are any indication.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Compromising is fine by me. What isn't fine is hopping on any lynch to save your own hide. Generally we'd want to compromise to the option that scum least wants. (Or rather, getting the second best option)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yes, stick to your guns and aid in the stagnation of this Day phase because Townies won't compromise on a D1 lynch. Brilliant.

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43

Go head and hop the wagon. I assume Acro and Carnage'll be joining us shortly if their reads are any indication.
He should totally prove his role first though.

Hey JDietz why do you feel the need to be on the wagon?

@ Town PR Town PR I dig DSH. Sure what people say about him just chiming in and leaving is true but... I mean what choice does he have? Definitely not a priority to me by any means. I feel like both heads would've given themselves away by now.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Compromising is fine by me. What isn't fine is hopping on any lynch to save your own hide. Generally we'd want to compromise to the option that scum least wants. (Or rather, getting the second best option)
Sure, but the alternative options here are different for everyone. Town's going in a million directions right now so some of them'll be forced to find common ground.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
True that. I'm trying to think of that now. (Have class in the morning)

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , I ask because I'm trying to think of who I'd vote between DSH/Dabuz. I'd rather off the guy who might not have an opinion or solid stance + vote by tomorrow, rather than the other who already has a visible stance. You get me?

As of now, I'm willing to hop back on JDietz if needed. Between DSH and Dabuz, I'd rather keep Dabuz alive. Don't want Nabe toDay. Still want Scary.

Mod: Request Deadline Extension (Because replacement)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
/replace out sorry guys i just can't devote the time to this game while still devoting all the time to other parts of my life that i need to. school demands far too much of me
^Well that's kind of a bummer.
Why? I would think that you would be the happiest with his replacement seeing as how most of his material with respect to your slot was not really cross-understandable to anyone else aside from himself. Notably his #879 where he of course meta reads you as soup, which you pointed out at its own obviousness in your #995 that you were being meta analyzed with respect to another player similar to how my slot was being meta-evaluated with Raziek's play although this judgment is more understandable seeing as how Raziek was initially playing in the slot.

In your response to Wlay in your #995, I feel like you missed the central gist which he was stating that your behavior this game is manipulative. This has nothing to necessarily do with rust or should be generalized as meta. Although I've seen a past game where Gheb attributes your meta as being a person who naturally manipulates people as both alignments. However, you never specifically addressed his main point which is that you are manipulating people this game and this action makes you scummy which is a lapse that hopefully you can address for me.

I think that Alex was definitely playing a catch-up oriented game indicated by his quotation of old material and bringing them back individually back into the game as he got to them. However, I didn't agree with his underlying assessment that he put a very strong scum stigma on his interpretation of J's behavior which showed little effort to actually pursue into a case and he didn't like the Scooby wagon not because of a personal read on the slot, but because he disliked the people on the slot who were Dweebu, Jtard, and Nooby which he stated in his #879.

I also dislike his blatant pass for Nooby in his #881, where he states that he's okay with him in late game because if the slot is scum he will very likely take action and make a mistake, although he did state that he did not like the nature of Nooby being on Scooby's wagon. Despite me disliking this slot with Wlay in it, I get a somewhat town vibe from how he tried to catch up with the game by portioning off what he could, although I don't agree with his methods of extracting reads and using wagon justification in order to determine his reads. I only bring this up because I'm curious if using gut judgment and wagon rationale has any past meta in other games to make or break the slot open for readability.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Well I'm only caught up on the votecount and page 26 so far but I think this is a pretty good single page case against Nabe.

Unless you can find me the silver bullet amazing stance changing posts on page 26 in between those on why he'd change to me after saying all that even after HBW of all people says it's not going to happen... that's pretty disgusting.
thank you. I was originally thinking Nabe wagon would be dumb but it actually seems reasonable now.

Even though he claims the motivation for voting Jd is because he sees the thread as Jd vs. himself I don't think there is a good reason to think this way as the Town still feels pretty scattered (although I am admittedly still somewhat out of touch with the game's culture, so correct me if I'm wrong). @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf I think would he interested in weighing in.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Mod: Request Deadline Extension (Because replacement)
I'm curious, what is your stance so far on Scooby given your push and pull back and forth on the slot for the past 10 pages. You were adamant about the slot with a majority of your posts explicitly being oriented around the play of that slot rather than exploring really the other lynch candidates. Your press on him undeniably showed that Scooby's provided rationale contradicted himself with his #845 where he attributed his current vote to observing Jtard was being opportunistic to stating in #878 that a) he arrives at a vote differently from everyone else, b) he's trying something 'new' in that he didn't want to immediately OMGUS because it made him look bad in another game, c) he's waiting and asking others, and d) #695 he was following the read after getting inspired by Papa Gorf. You addressed almost all these points in your #885 when you asked him how he was different from other people, why he was playing a wait and ask game, and why there was no visible acknowledgment to Papa Gorf's #695.

As Scooby put it in his #878, he's not floundering. My notes for his #937 have me having him state rather frankly that he wishes he had a thought process instead of backpedaling. Scooby has really admitted so much at face value that I suppose we don't want to pressure him anymore because he's already prostrating himself. Prostrating himself and being useless. In admitting that he was had been experimenting with something new with respect to something so simple as not OMGUS'ing a player that has voted him, he has in essence distilled a core objective in his game play of not garnering bad attention from the town. This behavior is compounded by what appears to be a game play devoid of contributing reads in the past ten pages because this is literally the only content I've been putting my effort into since I replaced in. This slot to me is dead. With little to no contributing reads and an inability to go further into defense other than an interest in trying something new, the play right now is alignment unreadable and indefensibly bad.

Admitting that you have an interest in experimenting with a new game play style to keep yourself alive (#878) and that he didn't have a though process going into his vote for the duration of the period it applied (#937) really begs us to state it out loud, but do we really think that this slot is really so ******** as a player that they have been approaching this game in a manner that is conducive to simply posting without any real rationalization behind their actions aside from being concerned by basic primal behaviors like OMGUS'ing and what not. I think it should be addressed that his contradictions are stupid, his rationalizations for his actions are stupid, and the idea that he's confessing that he wishes he had a thought process should needs to be an addressed with an answer that won't lead to an assumption that we have a slot that is playing this game with no underlying rationale reasoning aside from a standpoint of self-preservation.

If there isn't any drastic changes in this slot within 24 hours I beg, beg, beg someone to please vig this slot. It is a useless and destructive slot that has no purpose in this game other than simply padding the player count and adding more unnecessary posts for us to read in the future.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
So people know: I am probably willing to vote with the Nabe wagon provided I don't find anything opinion-changing that I missed in another reread.

I would definitely not be on a dabuz wagon.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
In that case Vult, what do you make of HBW's rebuttal

cuz im (carnage included. were attached to the hip for all intents and purposes this dayphase) largely forcing his hand and VOTING SCARY WOULD BE VOTING ALONGSIDE HIS 2 BIGGEST SCUMREADS. if nabe DOES do this **** then hes DEFINITELY dying

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
So people know: I am probably willing to vote with the Nabe wagon provided I don't find anything opinion-changing that I missed in another reread. I would definitely not be on a dabuz wagon.
Out of curiosity, why are posting such an adamant statement when you appear to not have a high level of investment in this game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Realtalk: can someone tell me why we're letting Vult play this way. He's agreeing with a stance that's apparently dumb as bricks by Marshy definitions, but he claims to have 8 years of mafia experience. I don't feel like any of his pushes so far have reflected that whereas I could deffo see Nabe being Nabe and Scary being bad.

Idk if we have time to even consider it, but I'm curious.

Top Bottom