• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
I can compromise with a DSH lynch toDay. His sudden disappearance irks me. The RR head's early pressure on me feels like it was something ridiculous to push on even when justifying that it was pressure based on a bad reaction. (If memory serves me anyway) The head's town read on PR (which IIRC is his most justified town read) reads weird to me because he's defending PR asking why people see the slot as scum (973 and at some point before post 700), yet DSH had admitted either in post 511 or a bit past that that he sees Town PR as townie mostly as a result of disliking Jdietz. However his 558 explicitly states when rereading PR's 414 that DSH doesn't like it anymore. This comes as a result of JD asking DSH why DSH even liked PR's 414 where DSH generalizes by saying he liked PR's openness. So I feel like DSH's strongest town read isn't fully fleshed and has some inconsistencies. It's a slot that's so far behind anyway which doesn't instill much confidence in his potential to contribute to relevant discussion.
Really?

Do you know why I voted you? (RR head)

It's not because you didn't see something, but you tried to justify it with, "Oops guess I didn't read?" Even Laundry thought this was something to look at and I still think it is telling.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
So I gotta run out the door but really.

People need to stop trusting in Carnage, I haven't liked how they have pushed this game and the Laundry/Gheb thing, then the Nabe thing really are things I just don't like. While I can get sort of why they did it It just doesn't sit well with me on why they are voting who they voted and with the Laundry/Gheb one why he spent all that on Laundry and why he disliked Gheb, and then votes Gheb anyways. Nabe I don't like either, it's blanketed as policy and I don't approve of anything like that unless it is a pattern over a game, aka Vinyl in Tanq.

I trust Hardbody far more than the above, I've agreed with their pushes and reads all game, Marshy is actually going into more why he voted who he did, he does elaborate if you read his posts he may not make a case, he won't just like I won't. He is trying to get **** done and when he is there is a lot more sound to it. Only thing that makes me double back a bit is his Nabe vote, I don't like that and I'm trying to remember why he voted Nabe.

now I gotta go, later I will get into the meat of others and why Dabuz is better than JDietz/Scary and myself for a lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People either exaggerate or completely overrate the amount of whiteknighting that's supposedly happening toward Jdietz. There's easily enough support to lynch him, making all complaints about whiteknighting obsolete. In fact, the more people keep stressing this point the more I'm starting to think that they're simply scared to put their money where their mouth is. If marshy and DSH actually wanted Dietz lynched it probably wouldn't take that much effort to get it done. I doubt they are actually real with it though.

:059:

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
People either exaggerate or completely overrate the amount of whiteknighting that's supposedly happening toward Jdietz. There's easily enough support to lynch him, making all complaints about whiteknighting obsolete. In fact, the more people keep stressing this point the more I'm starting to think that they're simply scared to put their money where their mouth is. If marshy and DSH actually wanted Dietz lynched it probably wouldn't take that much effort to get it done. I doubt they are actually real with it though.

You really think people aren't going to cockblock it? Based on pages 18-25 I find this unlikely people won't try and shut it down.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
If people want to know I have been inactive, it's because I got a bunch of tests in row + my weekend to work + other **** I had to take care of.

Joey has personal stuff and I won't elaborate on it out of respect for him.

First JDietz.

Why do I dislike him. His votes suck all game.

Why did he vote Gheb. Dietz says he started the discussion then he says, well I don't like how he mentioned vote blocker and then went into the role discussion. Really? This is a ****ty vote and I called him out on this.

Next vote is his Town PR vote, it's a weak vote that has ****ty justification on it's own. He voted Town PR off how they didn''t go into full detail on Gheb and why they didn't answer a response back, again it's a ****ty justification for him to vote.

This is a continuing pattern where Dietz is trying to reach for scummy behavior, and then as the day goes on he keep trying to focus on playing for only self survival.

He is my #1 scum pick and would want to see him off'd today.
This is actually really good stuff. His trend of really bad votes continues throughout (pointing out the Scary vote off of memory) and honestly it can't just be shown in a bad light if it's got the consistency.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
request votecount

@ Dabuz Dabuz

naw youve literally been scum in every game ive wanted to lynch you in but one and thats where you were the doc playing like scum. **** outta hear

gheb you are toasting some serious walrus if you think jd isnt/wont be getting whiteknighted hardbody. we have j/town pr leading the cockblock brigade in full mother****ing force and last i checked carnage was way more interested in keeping him alive and exploiting his night action. the other support youve talked about...where is it? i am MORE than willing to listen if you can point it out to me

@Ranmaru

the dsh wagon definitely takes the cake as this days ****tiest wagon. seriously guys dont ****ing ride this through please when id lynch jd/dabdab/nabe before him in a heartbeat i dont want to go to d2 with there mother****ers man /whiteknight

this game should be renamed cockblock mafia

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And yet you just sit there and don't do **** to make it happen. All you are doing is to bark at paople who remain unconvinced by your arguments and act as if people whiteknighted him against all reason. The truth is that you have not offered anything worthwhile on that matter and plenty of people are *still* OK with lynching him despite that.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Hardbody Warrior (1) Vult
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. WashedLaundry ()
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (4) Gheb, TPR, dabuz, dabuz
6. J ()
7. Gorf (1) MOD
8. Dabunz (4) Nabe, Nabe, HBW, HBW
9. LBScary59 (1) J
10. Town PR ()
11. Jdietz43 (2) DSH, Scary
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (3) WL, MC, Jdietz
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Acrostic, Gorf

With 14 playing it takes 8 to lynch!

Deadline is February 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Realtalk: can someone tell me why we're letting Vult play this way.
define "this way"

He's agreeing with a stance that's apparently dumb as bricks by Marshy definitions
it looks like you are referencing my response to overswarm where I explain why I don't buy into the dabuz wagon. are you going to even refute my points?? you don't even reference them directly. it looks like you're just whining that I'm not here enough and that you don't like my opinion and labeling it scummy without trying to justify why.

Idk if we have time to even consider it, but I'm curious.
this game is a ****-storm of 500 things going on at once moving at light-speed. I'm not even in the inactive range by any standard -- it's just that everyone else is posting more actively and so many different directions. Town or scum , this game is not easy to keep up with.

The town is scrambling to narrow down its lynch and yet you're trying to expand the lynch pool?

#HBC | Gorf

This is ridiculous.

@ Vult Redux Vult Redux you seriously need to move your vote to one of the (what the ****) five possible wagons before the Day ends it WILL end in an NL at this point and that'd be gay.

@Acrostic, where's your vote going?

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
And yet you just sit there and don't do **** to make it happen. All you are doing is to bark at paople who remain unconvinced by your arguments and act as if people whiteknighted him against all reason. The truth is that you have not offered anything worthwhile on that matter and plenty of people are *still* OK with lynching him despite that.

You're seriously a ******.
Why am I being lynched?

Because Ran is a moron and white knighting both Dietz and Dabiz off meta alone.

J is because I got no clue.

Only one who kind if has merit is carnage but I don't agree with him there.

Why are you voting me? You left it as vague as possible while pushing, who cares if they are town?

What ****ty logic is this?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
gheb you are toasting some serious walrus if you think jd isnt/wont be getting whiteknighted hardbody. we have j/town pr leading the cockblock brigade in full mother****ing force and last i checked carnage was way more interested in keeping him alive and exploiting his night action. the other support youve talked about...where is it? i am MORE than willing to listen if you can point it out to me
So because two players - one of which has been a complete non-factor in this game - are unable to back up their town read on a slot you want lynched you complain about the "cockblock brigade" being in "full mother****ing force"? If that's the case you might as well quit mafia because by your standard every lynch gets "***********" and every slot gets "whiteknighted" in like every game. I've already expressed my indifference on keeping Dietz alive and would definitely switch votes to avoid a No Lynch. Scary and DSH are voting him, you are a ****ing doublevoter and Carnage will be on whomever gets lynched. That's 5 ****ing votes right off the bat. Then you have people like Nabe, Acro, Vult and me who are just waiting for a convincing argument. One of these people is also a doublevoter.

The only thing that's left for you to do to get Dietz lynched is to actually play this game and do ****. I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you of all people.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Scary is still a newbie, with a few newb games on his belt. Now it seems he is budding, and this game (and MMU it seems) are showing the results. I suspect him, and can't back away from it while thinking "Oh, he is still new and obviously doesn't know what the **** he is doing." I remember him having slightly more of his own brain in Doctor Who Mafia. Still the same personality (which I find amiable), yet he came to the RIGHT conclusions awesomely. Here, like J has shown, he has been more of a sheep.

LOOK AT THESE QUOTES:

MORE SUBSTANCE THAN HE HAS HAD HERE. Ok, there was some confusion, but it was understandable and I guided him somewhat to the right path.
Ran stop using god damn meta.

Scary git called on this, me and Zen called him out on this in Gheb recent mafia game and he was the town roleblocker.

Stop defining your reads on meta, define it in what they do here.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
So because two players - one of which has been a complete non-factor in this game - are unable to back up their town read on a slot you want lynched you complain about the "cockblock brigade" being in "full mother****ing force"? If that's the case you might as well quit mafia because by your standard every lynch gets "***********" and every slot gets "whiteknighted" in like every game. I've already expressed my indifference on keeping Dietz alive and would definitely switch votes to avoid a No Lynch. Scary and DSH are voting him, you are a ****ing doublevoter and Carnage will be on whomever gets lynched. That's 5 ****ing votes right off the bat. Then you have people like Nabe, Acro, Vult and me who are just waiting for a convincing argument. One of these people is also a doublevoter.

The only thing that's left for you to do to get Dietz lynched is to actually play this game and do ****. I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you of all people.

Dietz voting is scummy I layer out exactly why this was the case.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Out of curiosity, why are posting such an adamant statement when you appear to not have a high level of investment in this game.
his posts vs. Scary and to some extent Jd (pg 19) gave me a strong town read because I found his questions and pressure especially perceptive and it's the exact opposite reasoning that fuels his wagon (i.e. that his questions and pressure are no good; this fuel is very weak, as I point out in my 1181) and I am literally shocked that there's a wagon on him.

It would not at all be accurate to say I have a low investment in the game. If I'm alive after some players die making the post rate slower you'll see my contributions go up significantly because I won't have to read into five new wagons every time I visit the thread.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

youre simplifying the situation. i disagree j/town pr are nonfactors considering theyre among the players to drum up the most suspicion/wagon against scary. its not whether theyre able to back it up or not its that as soon as someone ****ing starts getting wagoned (jd in this case) one of them posts some bull**** like "this wagon is so terrible! i think hes town!" and everyone flocks to it and starts liking their posts and bam momentum killed. carnage wants to stay on nabe and as soon as we switched to dabdab he said he wanted to talk to os so at this point im pretty much relying on him to hammer. acro literally just made a case on dabdab and as soon as dabdab responds acro starts talking about how hes forced to pick a lynch between players who are bad at expressing themselves so its like what? i offered him a seat on the wagon to no result and i dont think hes said anything about jd and nabe is townreading jd for no reason as well. meanwhile vults doing his best rajam impression so if lynching ANYONE in this game was as simple as youre suggesting itdve happened by now

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
vote jd

****ing finally. ill be on in the morning to react to the inevitable counterwagons from nowhereland

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
lol "jd is at -3" when im 2/3 of the reason that happened. but sure gheb im wrong for not being able to predict a guy who hasnt moved his vote since like page 5 would come through at the last minute

#HBC | Gorf

I like that Gheb selectively picks certain places to analyze in order to make his argument sound more right. "4 posts later," more like "25 pages later."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like that Gheb is more interested in playing arm chair critic than actually talking about said cases or persons.
Shut the **** up, you terrible excuse of a player. I needed two or three posts to move the Dietz wagon into the realm of a realistic lynch, despite him not even being my preferred lynched by a long shot. Meanwhile you have failed to do so for 30 pages. THIRTY PAGES. And he's your #1 lynch. What the **** have you been doing all game?!? You're not in a place to call out anybody for their play. You're such a damn scumbag, I'll make a corpse out of you toMorrow.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like that Gheb selectively picks certain places to analyze in order to make his argument sound more right. "4 posts later," more like "25 pages later."
Dunno if you're being sarcastic about "liking" it but if you think that it's actually 25 pages later then I have no idea why you've not been pushing for a HBW/DSH lynch as hard as I have.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Shut the **** up, you terrible excuse of a player. I needed two or three posts to move the Dietz wagon into the realm of a realistic lynch, despite him not even being my preferred lynched by a long shot. Meanwhile you have failed to do so for 30 pages. THIRTY PAGES. And he's your #1 lynch. What the **** have you been doing all game?!? You're not in a place to call out anybody for their play. You're such a damn scumbag, I'll make a corpse out of you toMorrow.

#HBC | Gorf

Dunno if you're being sarcastic about "liking" it but if you think that it's actually 25 pages later then I have no idea why you've not been pushing for a HBW/DSH lynch as hard as I have.

I am being sarcastic. The JDietz wagon should have happened much sooner but it's taken like 25 pages to actually feel like it can be made into a lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I am being sarcastic. The JDietz wagon should have happened much sooner but it's taken like 25 pages to actually feel like it can be made into a lynch.
What does that have to do with the fact that DSH and HBW have been full of BS about a Dietz wagon getting ***********?

#HBC | Gorf

They haven't. Dietz deserves to die, and has been the OG deserver of death, and then all of a sudden cockblockers come in here and bring FOUR other players up for possible lynching and EVERY SINGLE ONE of their wagons approach lynch range. HBW did give up and realize that there's likely no faith in the Dietz wagon pulling through, and DSH has been moderately inactive which, just to clue you in, isn't a scum tell. DSH decides to move to Dietz, Vult concludes that Dietz is where his vote is going to lie, and I inform HBW that the Dietz wagon still has hope, and now we're at a place where the Dietz wagon is back strong. It HAS been *********** because people wanna lynch ****in Nabe n Dabuz n DSH n shiz.

Top Bottom