• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Town PR Town PR
Before I answer, just making sure I have the wagons right, the JD wagon, DSH, and myself or Nabe? I think the dabuz wagon got big?

How long do we have until deadline? Sorry, dealing with a ton at home.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary : Sure, talk about those four (besides yourself). Also you better have laughed at my analogy.

Quickly now. Just post what comes at the top of your head. No need to worry about formulating a big post. Just a few sentences or less for each.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sorry Town PR, dealing with destructo dad. It's really bad so may not be back tonight.

Didn't like formation of the DSH wagon. Need to know info that we'd gain but otherwise do not like.

JD wagon I was on. I dunno if that's hammer but this was the one I was on and remained due to earlier.

Dabuz wagon looks like a rerun of HBC except this time it's more due to his more recent play and hopping from wagon to wagon i think. Would be ok with.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Nabe wagon is creation on MC. I'm ok with Nabe living to day 2 to see what kind of further interaction he has with MC.

Dunno how this got left out.

What, exactly, are you hoping to find?

Because Nabe has been my choice but he hasn't been the only person I've publicly pushed. I've privately had my eyes on some, publicly pushed on those I didn't want lynched simply to see which direction the wind was blowing.

Four questions for you Scary, because it's still D1 and without N1 results you're still in a spotlight and I can't be NKilled, so it's in your best interest. Unlike Nabe you already have precedent, which would make you a very easy target. Scum likes an easy target, so I'm going to take some initiative and set the tone myself. Your responses may hang you or save you because there really isn't too much going on that'll keep you alive D3 and I don't think scum will be NKilling you anytime soon.

What people have I publicly pushed, Scary?

Who are Nabe's scum reads?

Assume I'm scum. Who was working with me? Did the Nabe wagon fail or was it not meant to succeed? Why was JDietz the fallback wagon and who was a more likely choice?

Assume Nabe's scum. Who saved him? When did they start trying to protect him? At what point did Nabe start receiving pressure from other players, and who were they?

There's 34 pages and twilight soon, so I'll trust you can post a reasonably accurate and expedient response and I won't assume you've read the 1300+ posts... so don't worry if you mess up a page number or have to say "I don't know".

JDietz said:
K late guys.

Hopefully some good comes out of the crazy wagons today at a later date.
If Nabe flips scum later and you flip town I'll be salty at myself for not being available toDay as much as I wanted -_-;;

Activity should increase for the later days though so hopefully that won't occur again.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
MC, please let me get back to you. It's been a rough night with family and I am not in the best frame of mind. I apologize that I cannot answer you right away but I simply cannot think right now with what's happening at home. Sorry bro.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
MC, please let me get back to you. It's been a rough night with family and I am not in the best frame of mind. I apologize that I cannot answer you right away but I simply cannot think right now with what's happening at home. Sorry bro.
S'all Good Man.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
S'all Good Man.
this is cute and all
but i would like to report completion of a post that you asked for, i accept acknowledgment in the form of a new Super Nintendo game and/or respect of the common man
praise me daddy i done good

alternatively, don't hang about the thread all day (a fresh, exciting day in which I've asked after you every post rather than vice-versa) and get my hopes up that you might actually be interested in a read on my slot, rather than only in hatching more baseless antagonism the second that D2 unfolds

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Hardbody Warrior ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. WashedLaundry ()
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (4) Gheb, TPR, dabuz, dabuz
6. J ()
7. Gorf (1) MOD
8. Dabunz (1) Jdietz
9. LBScary59 (1) J
10. Town PR ()
11. Jdietz43 (6) DSH, Scary, Vult, HBW, HBW, MC, Nabe, Nabe
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (1) WL
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Acrostic, Gorf

A lynch has been reached!

Jdietz: Town (Soldier/Priest) has been lynched!

Night 1 begins!

Deadline is February 19th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)

No more posting!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OoC Announcement:

From now on this game has hidden achievements to unlock for the dGames TCG. When the game is over, all achievements and the winners will be publicly revealed and the cards will be sent to the winners. Please note that the players that have died before Day 2 can still win cards if they happen to have unlocked achievements when they were alive.

This game has 2 standard achievements [rewarded with a common card], 1 major achievement [rewarded with an uncommon card] and 1 legendary achievement [rewarded with a rare card] to unlock. Happy hunting!

:059:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Swiss replaces WashedLaundry!

THE FOLLOWING LAWS ARE IN EFFECT FOR DAY 2 AND NIGHT 2!

REDIRECTING IS PROHIBITED AND IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW!

No one has died during the night!

1. Hardbody Warrior ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. Swiss (2) MOD, MOD
5. Detective Sherlock Hound ()
6. J ()
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz ()
9. LBScary59 ()
10. Town PR ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (2) MOD MOD
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - HBW, Acrostic, MC, Swiss, DSH, J, Gorf, Dabuz, Scary, TPR, Gheb, NAbe, Vult

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is February 28th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6).

Last edited:

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
*flex*

Didn't believe me? :D

@Scary I want to hear your answers to my questions.

@dabuz, you know what you gotta do.

hai swiss wagon nabe with me

@@Overswarm @@Ryker

its about that time
Wanna hear from Dabuz before I anything.

@Raziek

Flavor bomb for me. Any possibility that this is a recruiter setup? Always first question when I see no NKill on N1. Am super pleased to see no NKill despite my soldier being known and a priest being killed but am cautious. Even if there isn't a flavor reason I'd still be wary, just wanna know if there is one.

#HBC | Nabe

Vote: Maximum Carnage
for the sake of showing the doublevote is a result of Templar LV 2.

- I was "Doomed" last Night, which means I have an unpreventable death coming up on Night 4. I don't see keeping this quiet being beneficial. If anyone else was Doomed last Night, I think they should say so, because that would help narrow down if it's a targeting ability from another player at me, or a reactive passive on the player I targeted. I'm already leaning the latter; I don't see much opportunity benefit to targeting me with this, given the control various other players have exerted over the thread.

- Later on toDay I'm planning to claim what I did last Night, because I think there's a good chance it stopped the NK, and because in claiming I think there's relatively low danger of my being NK'd. No one should CC (re: thinking that they've stopped the kill) unless doing so exonerates any player I'm implicating in the kill.

And there is not going to be any progress on a Nabe wagon unless multiple posts from me last Day are addressed, the majority of them directed at Maximum Carnage, who tried to ignore my responses last Day.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
WHOEVER DOOMED NABE

THANK YOU

YOU HAVE DONE US ALL AN ENORMOUS FAVOR

Lynch Nabe if he lives past N4.

@ Swiss Swiss

Change of plans.

Vote: dabuz

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Hardbody Warrior ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. Swiss (2) MOD, MOD
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (1) Gheb
6. J ()
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz (2) HBW, HBW
9. LBScary59 ()
10. Town PR ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (3) MOD, MOD, MOD
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Acrostic, MC, Swiss, DSH, J, Gorf, Dabuz, Scary, TPR, NAbe, Vult

Last edited:

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
- I was "Doomed" last Night, which means I have an unpreventable death coming up on Night 4. I don't see keeping this quiet being beneficial. If anyone else was Doomed last Night, I think they should say so, because that would help narrow down if it's a targeting ability from another player at me, or a reactive passive on the player I targeted. I'm already leaning the latter; I don't see much opportunity benefit to targeting me with this, given the control various other players have exerted over the thread.
*rolleyes.jpg*

So since you're doomed, what do you think of mafia's plans for my slot? By your own admission I've pushed you non-stop and you were almost a lynch yesterday. Why would Mafia doom you instead of someone else?

- Later on toDay I'm planning to claim what I did last Night, because I think there's a good chance it stopped the NK, and because in claiming I think there's relatively low danger of my being NK'd. No one should CC (re: thinking that they've stopped the kill) unless doing so exonerates any player I'm implicating in the kill.
After dabuz talks, you spill. Totally fine lynching you regardless of "doom" status. 13 D2 - 2, 11 D3 - 2, 9 D4 - 3, 6 D5 -2, 4 D6. Alternative is 13 D2 - 2, 11 D3 -2, 9 D4 - 2, 7 D5 -2, 5 D6 -2, 3 D7.

Assuming standard 2 kill (lynch/NKill) we get an extra day if we lynch you effectively netting 0 loss. Lots of asterisks next to that (can they doom again, is this a recruiter setup, do we block another kill, will there be a Night with multiple kills other than doom, etc.), but still.

And there is not going to be any progress on a Nabe wagon unless multiple posts from me last Day are addressed, the majority of them directed at Maximum Carnage, who tried to ignore my responses last Day.
I don't think you decide if there's progress on a Nabe wagon.

Regardless, I didn't ignore anything. I got some answers to some questions I asked, I'll ask more when I'm ready.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
1. Hardbody Warrior ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. Swiss (MOD, MOD)
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (1) Gheb
6. J ()
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz (2) HBW, HBW
9. LBScary59 ()
10. Town PR ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (3) MOD, MOD, MOD
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Acrostic, MC, Swiss, DSH, J, Gorf, Dabuz, Scary, TPR, NAbe, Vult

Yo HBW, why you got no MOD vote.

Also @Gheb like your start for toDay, no lie.

#HBC | Nabe

Lynch Nabe if he lives past N4.
FOS: @ Hardbody Warrior Hardbody Warrior

If from your POV I'm scum, then why:

- are you awarding me three day/night cycles to further my nefarious plots?
- are you doing this at all when I'm probably lying and not dying anyway?
- do you not think this is a ploy from me to avoid lynches ?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
....I think I can potentially clear several people toDay.

Really want to hear from Dabuz.

Nabe you keep your trap shut.

@Gheb, let's hear more from you on DSH. Dabuz is gonna stall and you won't overlap with him anyway.

Everyone @dabuz so he gets a ton of this ish.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Why would we lynch Nabe when he's guaranteed to die? If he lives past the point he claimed (and I'm sure this game will continue past N4), we have guaranteed scum and we just body him. Is lynching him not a complete waste of a lynch?

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
FOS: @ Hardbody Warrior Hardbody Warrior

If from your POV I'm scum, then why:

- are you awarding me three day/night cycles to further my nefarious plots?
- are you doing this at all when I'm probably lying and not dying anyway?
- do you not think this is a ploy from me to avoid lynches ?
You seriously need to die. ALL of your suspicions revolve around people who hate you (and DSH and J, both of who are terrible ****ing plays) for ******** reasons.

IF YOU ARE LYING

YOU WILL GET CAUGHT AND BE GUARANTEED SCUM

SO I MIGHT AS WELL JUST LYNCH OTHER ******* WHO ARE ALREADY ON THE TABLE INSTEAD OF POTENTIALLY GIVING SCUM A FREEBIE

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
You all keep tagging the wrong guy, folks.

That's hilarious. That's what he gets.

Why would we lynch Nabe when he's guaranteed to die? If he lives past the point he claimed (and I'm sure this game will continue past N4), we have guaranteed scum and we just body him. Is lynching him not a complete waste of a lynch?
Math, fool. Lynching him if he's mafia means we kill a mafia. Lynching him if he's town means we get one more lynch with standard player deduction, more if we protect again.

It's like you've got 4 people in the room, one with a gun and one bullet, one with a bullet, and two guys without a bullet. The guy with the gun shoots the guy with the other bullet, then puts that bullet in his gun and gets another shot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lynching dabuz reeks of fake compromise almost as badly as lynching Nabe does. Not quite as much but almost. If anything, I'd be in favor of lynching Scary before these two.

It all seems really pointless though. We have such blatant scumbags doing their **** toDay that we don't have to make any compromises. Just lynch DSH toDay and ignore HBW's cockblocking / Carnage's misguided distractions and we'll make a huge leap forward. If neither lynch happens then at least let's lynch Scary.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Lynching dabuz reeks of fake compromise almost as badly as lynching Nabe does. Not quite as much but almost. If anything, I'd be in favor of lynching Scary before these two.

It all seems really pointless though. We have such blatant scumbags doing their **** toDay that we don't have to make any compromises. Just lynch DSH toDay and ignore HBW's cockblocking / Carnage's misguided distractions and we'll make a huge leap forward. If neither lynch happens then at least let's lynch Scary.

You said lynch DSH, but if "neither" lynch happens then lynch scary

who is the 2nd lynch with DSH you referred to as it isn't dabuz or nabe

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh Children...

How misguided,

How pure,

How vulnerable

-

Ryker you really disappoint me. I know I left a void in your life, a hole in your hydra....but Overswarm? That's like breaking up with a supermodel and rebounding onto the local homeless lady. Sure you're getting some, but you're tainted goods afterwards. Even Chibo would have been better.

No offence, OS - I just think you're an imbecile.

-

1. Nameless (marshy/Sworddancer.) - pls
2. Raziek - don't be an idiot
3. Ryker - get standards
4. WashedLaundry - this is me, right?
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (Joey/Red Ruy) - sheep me
6. J - sheep me?
7. Gorf - sheep me
8. Dabuz - who
9. LBScary59 - who
10. Town PR (Glyph/Ranmaru) - work with me
11. Jdietz43 - afk pls
12. Gheb_01 - work with me
13. Nabe -
14. Vult Redux - who? I know you, right?

mad i missed rvs

I expect lots of lovely sheeping. In return I'll offer full thought processes, honest replies and teamwork. But we need unity.

New players need to type a short para about their experience. Will help me catchup and as such allow me to trip whip out some scum.

-

Reading from page one, where absolutely nothing happens for far too long

ditz town

disliek rr 145

dabiz 149 townlean

Ryker why no control?

Sword please clarify when it's you not marshy. I don't need this from Ryker/OS. I do need this from Town PR. Idc re: detective

159 lolgambit
so gheb

Ryker that's a Cello avvy btw. Don't sully his name.

LOL 160 laughed irl

nabe townlean

174 ur not smart

Gheb you better not spend all game talking mechanics

shut up wl

Guys SHUT UP ABOUT VOTEBLOCKING

NO-ONE CARES

IT'S PRO TOWN

MOVE ON

oh yeah, I skipped role pm choices
anything important?

christ is all you guys talk about mechanics

someonescumhuntpls

fos everyone

skipping posts

237 good

detective neutral good

Raz scumlean

258 town rr

skipping

8 pages 0 content gg guys

dislike 293 town pr

305 ty marshy

310 scumlena town pr

#319 disincentive to pressure, dislike

#326 explain gord

skipped 327

And then epic OS post that nobody is going to read.
LOL

#362 good missed the content you saw

#367 good J - but wheres the content. Don't lurk, now

bored

stopped reading shortly after - how the hell does dietz get lynched wtf

can a decent player give me a run down

#HBC | Nabe

So since you're doomed, what do you think of mafia's plans for my slot? By your own admission I've pushed you non-stop and you were almost a lynch yesterday. Why would Mafia doom you instead of someone else?
I just raised that question in the post you've quoted. There is little to no reason why scum would target me with this, given my current agency in the thread. If it were a targeting role, it would be one player a Night, and at most a 2-shot total. That's wasted being used on me. So this is why I think that the better chance is a reactive passive on the player I targeted.

Regardless, I didn't ignore anything. I got some answers to some questions I asked, I'll ask more when I'm ready.
Yes, you did ignore a couple things:

- I asked you for your read on HBW, three times.

- You haven't acknowledged answers given to you for questions that you publicly said would affect your read. When I asked you, you ignored me for several pages. Eventually, after repeated questioning from me, and after you determined that a Nabe lynch was no longer happening that Day, you directed only the following to me:
You're scum and I want you lynched.
which is scummy as ****; I'm asking you what you thought of a post whose existence and content was determined by your agenda, not my own. It's also telling that you only thought you needed to address a post @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe at all when you knew I wasn't going to be a problem washed away via lynch.

Top Bottom