• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Celeb rehab I had 5/6 scum nailed where Rockin was my only flub. So you are remembering wrong. Plus I am basing my statement off sangs read post.
No man, you changed your mind on vander at a later dayphase. I'm saying I think I've got scum here before you come around to it (you know I have faith in your ability to change your reads when it counts) later in the game. You're largely sitting on similar townreads/nulls as I am while our scumreads differ; I'm saying I think I've caught onto something worthwhile in the meantime is all.

Hopefully Sang can engage you more shortly. She's got a bit of a busy weekend ahead.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
random question but does anyone know how to clear the freaking draft copy? It has a giant quote in it that keeps coming back I have to erase o_o
See that little floppy disk above the reply box? It's on the right hand side near the arrows pointing away from each other. Click on it and the option to delete draft'll appear.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess what I'm saying here is @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , if you didn't believe in my lynch, don't want yourself lynched, believe in the Scary lynch, are backed up in that by a Dabuz wall, and are told it's likely between you two by Marshy, why change to me here?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It sounds like for once you've read my posts correctly.
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

Okay so I really hope there's some amazing redeeming post here after this, because I'm not seeing the reasoning on going me instead of Scary then.

Hypothetical problem to your theory of putting Nabe at L-1. If L-2 is actually the new L-1 for this game based on the Illusionist role, we could pre-emptively lynch him without even being able to test the theory as plausible.
There hasn't been a night phase for that ability to have happened. The only way that sort of thing would happen is if Nabe has a "takes one less to lynch role" in Gunner or Summoner, and if he's town and we're trying to test a claim that he believes in: he should tell us that instead of killing himself early.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP:

It sounds like for once you've read my posts correctly.
Okay so I really hope there's some amazing redeeming post here after this, because I'm not seeing the reasoning on going me instead of Scary then.

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

Hypothetical problem to your theory of putting Nabe at L-1. If L-2 is actually the new L-1 for this game based on the Illusionist role, we could pre-emptively lynch him without even being able to test the theory as plausible.
There hasn't been a night phase for that ability to have happened. The only way that sort of thing would happen is if Nabe has a "takes one less to lynch role" in Gunner or Summoner, and if he's town and we're trying to test a claim that he believes in: he should tell us that instead of killing himself early.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Should lynch one of these players toDay:
- J
- @ Dabuz Dabuz

Would accept a lynch of one of these players (i.e. would hammer at deadline):
- @ScaryLB59 (play hasn't improved since added pressure by myself and Gorf, still wouldn't comfortably call him scum)

- @ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage (what the **** was that last night if not opportunistic? Not yet a scumread but neither head is providing context for their play)
- @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 (against my own lynch only, and only then because it would simplify reads on his wagoners)

How about this:

I have zero interest in proving Dietz' restriction or in his eating a MOD vote. Dietz is very likely town. I am town. There is no one-is-town-one-is-scum voting dilemma to necessitate this. You are being slimy.

Case: Dietz is not me, interested parties might take his lynch instead of mine, and I know I am town 100%, and cannot swing a lynch of anyone but Dietz.

Guys I feel like I actually figured out how to play mafia.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
I guess what I'm saying here is @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , if you didn't believe in my lynch, don't want yourself lynched, believe in the Scary lynch, are backed up in that by a Dabuz wall, and are told it's likely between you two by Marshy, why change to me here?
oh my GORF

carnage seriously this **** is getting hard to tolerate. talk to me here

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
If he outright stated he believed me to be town, and believed my doctor claim, and put us both on an "ok with lynching" list, why would he go with the one he thinks is a doctor.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
cuz im (carnage included. were attached to the hip for all intents and purposes this dayphase) largely forcing his hand and VOTING SCARY WOULD BE VOTING ALONGSIDE HIS 2 BIGGEST SCUMREADS. if nabe DOES do this **** then hes DEFINITELY dying

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
O

Oh.jpg

His scum reads are still ******** though.

(Also please someone post a name-key for Acrostic's wall)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
... he says. Before he reads a really convincing Acrostic wall against Dabuz, one of those scum-reads.

You know what. From now on just call me Gavin Free.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm conflicted on what to think of the Nabe wagon. On the one hand I'm not very fond of the way he's been playing -his lukewarm reads in particular- on the other hand I'm even less comfortable with the people who are on his wagon. Four of the five votes on him are for the trashcan imo. Mostly interested what @WashedLaundry has to say in this context. I'm curious to hear what he has to say about my wagon analysis and my conclusions.

Out of the three main wagons we have right now, Nabe would be the one I'm most inclined to join if a lynch choice had to be made between these three players. Though I still think we should opt for HBW, MC, DSH or dabuz to get lynched toDay. I'm a bit annoyed that I keep getting mentioned as borderline inactive and reluctant to share my views, while at the same time my points are virtually completely ignored.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Hardbody Warrior Hardbody Warrior

Why would I agree with such a plan? Have you forgotten that I have advocated for all class claims -and subsequently NA claims- to be treated as null? Have you not seen the amount of **** people have thrown at me for taking that stance? Dietz deciding to claim lvl 2 Priest has no bearing on his alignment. Dietz choosing to pick lvl 2 Priest has no bearing on his alignment. Dietz successfully using his lvl 2 Priest ability toNight has no bearing on his alignment. Dietz failing to successfully perform his lvl 2 Priest ability toNight has no bearing on his alignment. No matter what happens toNight, anything related to Dietz lvl 2 Priest skill is entirely inconclusive.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Let's play the opportunity game!

Current:
9. LBScary59 (4) J, TPR, dabuz, dabuz
11. Jdietz43 (4) DSH, Scary, Nabe, Nabe
13. Nabe (5) WL, HBW, HBW, MC, Jdietz

Earlier (per Gheb's post):
10. Town PR (4) Jdietz, Dabuz, Dabuz, MC
11. Jdietz43 (4) TPR, DSH, Nameless, Nameless

JDietz moved from TownPR to Nabe
Dabuz moved from TownPR to Scary
MC moved from TownPR to Nabe
TPR moved from JDietz to Scary
DSH moved from JDietz to JDietz (NO MOVE)
Nameless moved from JDietz to Nabe (HBW)

Nabe was not present, moved to JDietz
J was already on scary at that time I think, stayed on Scary (NO MOVE)
Scary was not present, moved to JDietz

So...

Move from Town PR to Nabe:
JDietz
MC

Moved from Town PR to Scary:
Dabuz

Moved from JDietz to Scary:
TPR

Moved from JDietz to Nabe:
Hardbody

Stayed on JDietz:
DSH (low postings)

Stayed on Scary:
J

Was not present, moved to JDietz:
Nabe
Scary

From the above, I can safely assume there is no coordinated effort by scum in moving around these lynches, at least not yet. The three from town PR split up, 2 votes on each; this heavily implies to me that JDietz and Dabuz are not scummates. I know I'm not scum, so I can then assume that JDietz is effectively acting alone in his push towards Nabe (unless you consider HBC as helping him, which I do not); you guys can't make the same assumption, but there it is.

JDietz and Nabe are both being fairly self-serving with their votes, but that's to be expected.

The JDietz crew moves to three separate people- Scary, JDietz and Nabe.

J has been solid so far in his approach and has stayed on Scary, I can give a thumbs up to that but would really like him to put his vote on Nabe.

From this I still think the Nabe lynch is the best, although the Scary lynch looks to have townies on it.

I don't think scum is making a strong push towards any player. I still think Nabe is the best lynch.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
DON'T LYNCH NABE D1 2014
Why are you so concerned about saving Nabe? You're not even pushing on anyone else, you're saying "not Nabe". Nabe himself is voting for a town read whom he believes is a Doc and you're not offering an alternative.

What's your game, Gorf?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
>scrutinizes literally every single post Nabe makes
>can't even remember what direction I'm pushing for

I'm offering, have been offering, and will continue to offer the option of the person I also believe to be a doc. Get @ me?

#HBC | Gorf

Carnage said:
You're being timid Nabe, whatsupwithdat. Where's your neck at.
The fact that this is why this entire wagon exists is exactly why I'm abhorrently against the wagon. Scum has made themselves obvious to the thread in a matter of one post before. Nabe was caught, as scum, D3 in Luigi's Mansion thanks to reading skills, cuz ya know that's just what happens. The game continues and we find out who's scum from how they act. You ****in pounced on a sloth coming into this game, so what the **** do you expect if not ****ty looking posts. I am telling right now that, until either the lynch goes through or it doesn't, I will be adamantly against this Nabe lynch. Take that as you may, but you are getting away with murder if the lynch pulls through.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
The fact that this is why this entire wagon exists is exactly why I'm abhorrently against the wagon. Scum has made themselves obvious to the thread in a matter of one post before. Nabe was caught, as scum, D3 in Luigi's Mansion thanks to reading skills, cuz ya know that's just what happens. The game continues and we find out who's scum from how they act. You ****in pounced on a sloth coming into this game, so what the **** do you expect if not ****ty looking posts. I am telling right now that, until either the lynch goes through or it doesn't, I will be adamantly against this Nabe lynch. Take that as you may, but you are getting away with murder if the lynch pulls through.
No one gets a free pass. Nabe decided it was more important to be unreadable and leave no paper trail than to post and contribute, and that is slimy. Him moving to lynch his town read is slimy especially given he believes his claim.

>scrutinizes literally every single post Nabe makes
>can't even remember what direction I'm pushing for

I'm offering, have been offering, and will continue to offer the option of the person I also believe to be a doc. Get @ me?
What exactly is that case? Now's a good time to post it.

#HBC | Gorf

Carnage said:
What exactly is that case? Now's a good time to post it.
They're found within the depths of my posts. If you actually care about my read on him (which one half of you already confirmed, that being your lack of care), read back on what I've said @ him and about him. I'm mobile and don't think I'm that able to break your tunnel vision atm so, unless you're willing to listen, I don't really feel like digging back and pulling up enough of a case. If you are though wait till I get home tonight cuz I'm about to go to work n shii.

#HBC | Gorf

Carnage said:
No one gets a free pass. Nabe decided it was more important to be unreadable and leave no paper trail than to post and contribute, and that is slimy. Him moving to lynch his town read is slimy especially given he believes his claim.
Congrats carnage. You've convinced me that you're not a fan of Nabe's play, and thankfully you gave me the condensed version! Nabe decided it was more important to be unreadable and leave no paper trail than to post and contribute. For the sum of those 9 pages. What if I told you he was a tortoise racing a bunch of jack rabbits? Would you still try and end his life just cuz he got last place in the big race? Him being unreadable and leaving no paper trail is one thing, but leaving no paper trail and being unreadable 9 pages into the game is not obscene by any means. At this point you've latched so hard onto that, and quite frankly, Nabe's play has raised no questions from me. You've, like he said, forced him to be more open than he probably ever has, and his reaction to your bull**** on em reads cool. What can I say, I feel like this is a corrupt read.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I still want OS to explain to me why Nabe needs to die when he's done -more- than Scary who spent this entire game picking his nose and asking a question or 2 before being pressured and having ****ty reactions. BBL.

#HBC | Gorf

Hey dabuz when you come back can you play better like you were before? Town might catch onto the fact that you're playing the questions leading nowhere game and want to lynch you.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
1. You believe JDietz and Yourself are town. If this is the case, why have the wagons between yourself, JDietz, and Scary all been stalled wagons? What does this imply from your perspective? If JDietz really is town Doc why isn't scum just making a bold push towards JDietz in an apathetic manner? You literally posted a vote on him and say "Ugh, my town doc read but it's not me so oh well" and I was the only one who called you out on it. Scum could have easily gotten away with pushing on JDietz.... but ditto with you! What gives?
The Scary wagon stopped because it reached L-2 based on my pressure vote, and I never intended a lynch. Following my unvote, the players on it didn't further pursue it. (And I've voiced suspicion on that front particularly on dabuz, but only in a general sense, which on reread would have been specified to highlighting his reasoning for not pursuing the wagon.)

The Dietz wagon stopped when marshy dropped his pressure due to disinterest in being on a wagon with his scumreads. The other two slots on it, Town PR and DSH, weren't here and therefore didn't make any push to keep it moving, whether they would have or not. (This has been part of the larger issue with the quiet slots, which I address further below.)

My wagon has likely only slowed, and will pick up momentum from your soapbox the second that inactive players step in for non-weekend activity tomorrow and receive their OS pop-up alerts.

So I think that drawing similarities between the three wagons is too simple, bordering on incorrect, because the circumstances of each couldn't be more different. And I wouldn't refer to them as "stalls", because in the two wagons that stopped, I think both did so due to the lack of external forces, with Scary's being maybe a smidge moreso his play, while Dietz's play is still a public point of contention from his main detractor HBW. There's no implication from my perspective, or not one based on the three taken as a whole.

The reason I'm "getting away" with a Dietz push at this juncture is because my reasoning is very plain and understandable from a town PR's POV (a POV which every other member of town is coming from, making me endearingly transparent), and because my reasoning is disassociated from any notion of my read on Dietz. It's a bald survival tactic relying on other players' reads on Dietz, particularly HBW's. Scum doesn't have any need to make such a play, and (rethinking now my previous assertion that he'd die toNight) could conceivably NK Dietz as late as N3 with only a small chance of his blocking a kill, and without having to risk their dayplay by making a public and concerted effort to lynch Dietz toDay.

2. You saw both JDietz and the Scary wagon stall at around 4 votes with no additional push. Gheb commented that this was grimy and that scum was spread out there. Do you agree? How does this fall in line iwth the current situation?
I believe I've covered this above, including what was grimy in each. I don't think those wagons have meaning w.r.t. the current situation. (Possibly I've misunderstood one of these first two questions, as they seem very similar.)

3. You are Gorf's proxy vote. What is the purpose of this?
(question already addressed by dabuz)
I was Gorf's proxy vote on Scary because a) I thought he needed pressure anyway, and b) that's where Gorf wanted to go, and I wanted to read Gorf by doing so. I haven't done so since, which is not to say I wouldn't have continued had the situation been different. I'm not happy with where my read stands on Gorf (more below).

4. You have expressed irritation with other players for "not posting" because you can't read them without their posts. Is this different than my feelings on you?
Yes, there is a fundamental difference: I have been posting, and thus (I strongly feel) providing material to be read. Even if there have been events that I haven't commented on (I say 'if' because I'm unsure within this game), in those instances I've posted around them like a hole, and that's just as valuable as input (in a situation where posting has remained on a consistent schedule, like mine toDay). Contrast with e,g, DSH, who as I've said missed 12-15 pages, and wasn't here to keep momentum moving on the Dietz wagon.

5. If you are lynched toDay, who are three top candidates for a lynch / pressure for toMorrow? Why those players?
(addressed to everyone)
- @ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage
Throughout D1, I've detailed isolated events of scumminess as they've come up. More recently, I've summed this up and identified them as consistent patterns of scumminess, which congeal readily into a case. There's a possibility of bias being introduced due to antagonism, but that's unavoidable given the cerebral nature of the assault. A case should focus on the antagonism beginning 24 hours into the Day, and also on the contrast between the post (page 18, I think) where the slot says they're bordering on okay with me and their posts farther down the page where they make it clear that isn't true.
- @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
I understand if there's a disillusionment after the early game's focus on him, but there needs to be more from him. Gheb hasn't made a proper post in a while; W.R.T. Carnage's linear analysis of my posting (a comparison which obviously needs to be drawn given what I'm saying about Gheb now), I would compare Gheb's posting throughout D1 to my first 24 hours, without any "shaping up" or effort towards content.
- @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
I feel leaned on somewhat. I don't know why his meta on me is so accurate -- it feels pointedly so, and I'm not sure that the faith in me is justified, expect in the instance where he would have to keep justifying it to remain consistent, if he were scum. This slot needs to make an effort to be the face of a lynch D2, which is something I expect from Gorf.

Other smaller problems:
- marshy is a player who I haven't been feeling the way I normally do. There have been gaps in his reasoning, and not in the usual way where he HBCs and people hate on him for it. I'm talking about visible gaps where there are shifts and countershifts in reads, the sort he sometimes has in hydras (I would say the only time I've actually seen this was No Hetero), where a large part of his play is internal back-and-forth with the other head, rather than . I don't think that this behaviour is isolated to when Sang stepped in, despite his play being solo with Nameless which should preclude that behaviour, so I'm guarded about the possibility of him talking to scummates as a cause. What I'd have liked from marshy was addressing Gorf with his double vote the way I did, which would have given a strong outward interaction to examine, and would've made sense from him given their townplay in LM.
- WashedLaundry. I thought his early play was very constructive, but after a period of absence, he came back to the thread and seemed to be a different player. Maybe I'm just arse at reading him as usual.
- Sprite needs motivation if he doesn't do more, but not very heavy pressure, because for him I think it's an engagement issue circa AiB.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you still feel HBW is ishy?

Do you still see J as a reasonable push?

How do you feel about the current wagons of Scary, JDietz, and Nabe? Who do you think has the best case on them and which would you pick?
1.) My vote on HBW isn't just there for teh lulz, you know.
2.) I don't think lynching J is a particularly good play toDay. He seems to cockblock every lynch exept Nabe and doesn't offer any alternatie solution though. I hope he dies soon.
3.) I've already answered that question like 5 posts ago. I'd pick Nabe. Though through the rather high chance that scum has its hands on at least one of these wagons and the fact that none of the slots have given me any big pro-town vibes, I'm not terribly opposed to any of these lynches.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
1. Who cares? He will ball with time. This is like when OS was trippin' over J not posting and I was like "chill dude he'll get here when he gets here" gnomesayin

2. No promises. While I have no issue with Sang posting more than me, you know I love playing people against each other and that it's useful for reads later in the game.
****ty timing and this is why me and Joey hydrad.

Joey can't post on weekends and I end up being busy every other weekend.

Top Bottom