• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll have to read it more in depth to see what you mean by floundering, but I feel like his play honestly deserves significantly less heat than it's getting. At least, it does toDay. Essentially since the game opened, Carnage has searched for a reason to dislike Nabe. Hell, he's probably posted more about Nabe's play than Nabe has posted PERIOD. The Nabe wagon is exactly the sort of thing that scum wants to push, regardless of whether it's a bus or if it's a ML. It's a win win to lynch em in scums shoes. If he's town it's as if he's erased from the game, and if he's scum then those bussing him have a nifty connection to his lynch. Plus, his play honestly hasn't given me a vibe of him being blatantly uncooperative, like most are implying. He's playing to his own tune, and his motivation can't be logically read. But that's not scummy. Not yet, at least.
The bolded is the reason I disagreed with the Nabe push initially. It's a completely true statement but his play since pressure has been lacking and he has been (as of late) posted reads with 0 explanation especially when talking about myself/Dabuz.

Man, Gorf, you're play has changed dramatically. Proud of you +brownie points. (Put whatever you want in those brownies)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Btw @*******... scumDietz with the protect just... protects one player and his team NK's another, therefore covering for the fact that his ability exists and still getting a kill in. Gee who would've thought that that could happen GG's carnage brilliant plan.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What could this possibly mean? I'm pretty sure giving people "courtesy" doesn't have any effect on the truth value of what I say, and if you're suggesting that OS is somehow owed any courtesy against his treatment of me, then a) you're mistaken, but mostly b) that has nothing to do with what's transpired between me and him. (And I use the word 'between' very loosely.)
Bae, I wasn't talking about OS. I was talking about common courtesy to my not posting when viewing like you have mentioned having grips for OS doing this to you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have Ditzy as town, but Gorf's logic is sound. Saying scum "wouldn't" pick a deliberately townie role as a pseudo safe-claim is not correct.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Bae, I wasn't talking about OS. I was talking about common courtesy to my not posting when viewing like you have mentioned having grips for OS doing this to you.
You were in the thread when I posted that, and I've seen your name in and out for a while during tense conversations. I wasn't here when OS started on me, and nor was the assertion, "Nabe is watching but not posting".

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Btw @*******... scumDietz with the protect just... protects one player and his team NK's another, therefore covering for the fact that his ability exists and still getting a kill in. Gee who would've thought that that could happen GG's carnage brilliant plan.
Given that JDietz lives, can you think of a better plan? Personally, directing a mafia protection (which is unlikely, but if it exists mean they are vulnerable to NKills which were mostly absent in the last setup) towards a player of our choosing and thus making sure mafia can't kill that person which works just the same as a town protect is pretty good.

It's also pretty telling if mafia lets a claim town doc live and gives us a large chance of going a Night phase without a death if they want to kill JDietz.

You know I don't.
So you believe his claim
don't believe his role would fit mafia

and are voting for him for the lynch because....why?

How about this Nabe:

We put you at L-1 (let us know if you have some voting thing that requires less) and have JDietz hammer you. Per the rules, he will get a MOD vote.

This will publicly show his role as being truthful and we have an outed Doc that we can direct at will, which essentially removes the disadvantage of the protect.

If JDietz gets a hammer through and you die, then you're obviously town and he's obviously scum. We'd lynch him the next phase no question.

If JDietz tries to hammer you and can't, we prove his role.

Because the only thing I can see you've got going for the JDietz lynch is that he's "not Nabe".

What is your case on JDietz, exactly? I must have missed when you posted it, joining on the claimed Doc wagon whose claim you have openly trusted.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay I will concede if I was incorrect in understanding that conversation, but when I am viewing on my phone when I am directing/at work, I am not going to post. However, when a tense conversation happens I do comment on it when I come into the thread later, so what is your point against me?

#HBC | Gorf

The bolded is the reason I disagreed with the Nabe push initially. It's a completely true statement but his play since pressure has been lacking and he has been (as of late) posted reads with 0 explanation especially when talking about myself/Dabuz.

Man, Gorf, you're play has changed dramatically. Proud of you +brownie points. (Put whatever you want in those brownies)
Just read up on Nabe. What the **** choice does Nabe have aside from floundering when he sees a wagon forming on him? He's scrutinized for literally EVERY move he makes, and honestly I gotta say I have no problem with what he's been posting. Where are his reads on you/dabuz must've skimmed past em the first time and now I can't find em.

Oh and thanks man it's about time I play well amirite

J for my convenience mind running by some scum reads for me, so I don't gotta dig for em?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

Hypothetical problem to your theory of putting Nabe at L-1. If L-2 is actually the new L-1 for this game based on the Illusionist role, we could pre-emptively lynch him without even being able to test the theory as plausible.

#HBC | Nabe

Okay I will concede if I was incorrect in understanding that conversation, but when I am viewing on my phone when I am directing/at work, I am not going to post. However, when a tense conversation happens I do comment on it when I come into the thread later, so what is your point against me?
There is no point. I gave up on pursuing you toDay when I voted JD. If I was mistaken, then I am mistaken, but given that I'm not actively pursuing you, that's where my side of the argument ends.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

Hypothetical problem to your theory of putting Nabe at L-1. If L-2 is actually the new L-1 for this game based on the Illusionist role, we could pre-emptively lynch him without even being able to test the theory as plausible.
If only there was someone who could tell us if he was an Illusionist...

Oh that's right, Nabe!

>:[

He is illusionist and JDietz votes-

JDietz priest, it counts as hammer, JDietz gets MOD vote.
JDietz isn't priest, it counts as hammer, Nabe dies we lynch JDietz tomorrow as confirmed scum and he's certainly roleblocked.

JD priest/not priest, votes and it doesn't count as hammer and name shows up. Nabe lied about role.

There's no issue.

#HBC | Gorf

Carnage said:
Given that JDietz lives, can you think of a better plan? Personally, directing a mafia protection (which is unlikely, but if it exists mean they are vulnerable to NKills which were mostly absent in the last setup) towards a player of our choosing and thus making sure mafia can't kill that person which works just the same as a town protect is pretty good.

It's also pretty telling if mafia lets a claim town doc live and gives us a large chance of going a Night phase without a death if they want to kill JDietz.
Yea don't let em live to see toNight. Oh and actually no it's not telling if mafia lets a claimed town doc live because lol wifom.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just read up on Nabe. What the **** choice does Nabe have aside from floundering when he sees a wagon forming on him? He's scrutinized for literally EVERY move he makes, and honestly I gotta say I have no problem with what he's been posting. Where are his reads on you/dabuz must've skimmed past em the first time and now I can't find em.

Oh and thanks man it's about time I play well amirite

J for my convenience mind running by some scum reads for me, so I don't gotta dig for em?
His reads on me and dabuz says that is who he is okay with lynching but now he is voting a town-read of his so he isn't lynched even though he believes Ditzy is town and the PR he claims.

No prob, bro.

Some of mine? Scary is one (obvious since I am leading the charge). I don't like Nabe but that's not really a true scum-read more so a ponder read. My town-read on TPR is slipping more to a null because there is this bugging me in the back.

Okay I want to explain a read clearly to at this juncture: I want to like Alex, but I also want to run Alex and his cockamamie reasons for my lynch and hit him with a truck.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Yea don't let em live to see toNight. Oh and actually no it's not telling if mafia lets a claimed town doc live because lol wifom.
I really, really don't see a problem with a Town Doc that is proven to be unable to hammer being allowed to live. "some people think he's scummy" isn't very high on my list of issues. I'd personally love mafia openly letting us pick who can't get NKilled each Night.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If only there was someone who could tell us if he was an Illusionist...

Oh that's right, Nabe!

>:[

He is illusionist and JDietz votes-

JDietz priest, it counts as hammer, JDietz gets MOD vote.
JDietz isn't priest, it counts as hammer, Nabe dies we lynch JDietz tomorrow as confirmed scum and he's certainly roleblocked.

JD priest/not priest, votes and it doesn't count as hammer and name shows up. Nabe lied about role.

There's no issue.
What if there is someone else as an illusionist that isn't Nabe? My point still stands, there is issue to falter before putting someone at L-2/L-1. Is Nabe claiming to be illusionist, if so, where the heck is that post?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
What if there is someone else as an illusionist that isn't Nabe? My point still stands, there is issue to falter before putting someone at L-2/L-1. Is Nabe claiming to be illusionist, if so, where the heck is that post?
Then we'd better figure it out toNight?

I'm not sure what the issue is, they can't have used their "everyone is one less to lynch" ability yet unless you know of a N0 and the Illusionist isn't the one that takes one less to lynch anyway. They can't be the opening vote.

Didn't Nabe prove he wasn't illusionist?
He did. I assumed J was speaking abstractly.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Nabe, the users viewing the thread haven't changed, plz respond to my original post. I have a megaman marathon in the morning.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman

I am thinking about this game and I think I need to turn the chessboard around on some reads.

I'd wait a few minutes on that, I have some information that may help you figure a few things out once Nabe responds. Nabe's the lynch today and JDietz is of no consequence. The only other potential option is Scary and he can go any other day and you know there's not time for it toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I just re-read the illusionist role again. I thought the beginning Lvl. 1 was a passive ability where if you choose it, everyone at all times was at L-2. Pardon my ignorance, but I guess I can refer to my disclaimer of my confusion regarding these new roles.

#HBC | Nabe

There were a few other points in that post I made, mind touching on 'em?

I really want to respond to J but I'd need to hear from you first.
oh sorry, let me take another look
So you believe his claim
don't believe his role would fit mafia

and are voting for him for the lynch because....why?
Here, you restate the content of my JD vote post in its entirety, and then strap on a question mark, implying that you are digging for further information on my voting motivation when in reality, you know there is nothing extra to it, having just read my very unambiguous post and reasoning in order to be able to form this question.

How about this Nabe:

We put you at L-1 (let us know if you have some voting thing that requires less) and have JDietz hammer you. Per the rules, he will get a MOD vote.

This will publicly show his role as being truthful and we have an outed Doc that we can direct at will, which essentially removes the disadvantage of the protect.

If JDietz gets a hammer through and you die, then you're obviously town and he's obviously scum. We'd lynch him the next phase no question.

If JDietz tries to hammer you and can't, we prove his role.

Because the only thing I can see you've got going for the JDietz lynch is that he's "not Nabe".

What is your case on JDietz, exactly? I must have missed when you posted it, joining on the claimed Doc wagon whose claim you have openly trusted.

How about this:

I have zero interest in proving Dietz' restriction or in his eating a MOD vote. Dietz is very likely town. I am town. There is no one-is-town-one-is-scum voting dilemma to necessitate this. You are being slimy.

Case: Dietz is not me, interested parties might take his lynch instead of mine, and I know I am town 100%, and cannot swing a lynch of anyone but Dietz.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman

I just re-read the illusionist role again. I thought the beginning Lvl. 1 was a passive ability where if you choose it, everyone at all times was at L-2. Pardon my ignorance, but I guess I can refer to my disclaimer of my confusion regarding these new roles.
It's the same as the old one. If it works the same, it should be public as "MOD" votes at the start.

But you know what this means? You were actually thinking and not plotting looking back at the roles! good for you, +1 point.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd wait a few minutes on that, I have some information that may help you figure a few things out once Nabe responds. Nabe's the lynch today and JDietz is of no consequence. The only other potential option is Scary and he can go any other day and you know there's not time for it toDay.
Do we have similar reads? If so, I'm scared because I think this'll be a first, OS. Plus, I mean on my nulls w.r.t. some reads/nullscum/nulltown.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
oh sorry, let me take another look

Here, you restate the content of my JD vote post in its entirety, and then strap on a question mark, implying that you are digging for further information on my voting motivation when in reality, you know there is nothing extra to it, having just read my very unambiguous post and reasoning in order to be able to form this question.

How about this:

I have zero interest in proving Dietz' restriction or in his eating a MOD vote. Dietz is very likely town. I am town. There is no one-is-town-one-is-scum voting dilemma to necessitate this. You are being slimy.

Case: Dietz is not me, interested parties might take his lynch instead of mine, and I know I am town 100%, and cannot swing a lynch of anyone but Dietz.
What if we could prove JDietz is town, but couldn't do that to you?

Take a step back. If we could clear JDietz as town, would you be willing to die yourself as town to give us the confirmed Doc clear?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It's the same as the old one. If it works the same, it should be public as "MOD" votes at the start.

But you know what this means? You were actually thinking and not plotting looking back at the roles! good for you, +1 point.
Thanks? I think? And plus I didn't play in the original game but I read it a bit of it. (the gameplay, I kind of ignored the roles).

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Do we have similar reads? If so, I'm scared because I think this'll be a first, OS. Plus, I mean on my nulls w.r.t. some reads/nullscum/nulltown.
It's possible. Quite a few are in flux after some recent revelations, but those will have to appear after the Night actions. The NKill always sheds a lot of light and I'd really like to see it rather than direct it by publicly posting reads they can use. I can't be NKilled toNight so there's no harm in waiting as it can't influence anything but NAs (mafia and town) anyway. I'd rather everyone push their own agendas, I'd suggest you do the same and bring it in toMorrow.

Just my hunch though, take your own path.

#HBC | Gorf

I really, really don't see a problem with a Town Doc that is proven to be unable to hammer being allowed to live. "some people think he's scummy" isn't very high on my list of issues. I'd personally love mafia openly letting us pick who can't get NKilled each Night.
Great, that's all I needed to know.

His reads on me and dabuz says that is who he is okay with lynching but now he is voting a town-read of his so he isn't lynched even though he believes Ditzy is town and the PR he claims.

No prob, bro.

Some of mine? Scary is one (obvious since I am leading the charge). I don't like Nabe but that's not really a true scum-read more so a ponder read. My town-read on TPR is slipping more to a null because there is this bugging me in the back.

Okay I want to explain a read clearly to at this juncture: I want to like Alex, but I also want to run Alex and his cockamamie reasons for my lynch and hit him with a truck.
Again... I don't see why, in his situation, that's worth calling it scummy. He could've easily found justification to vote JDietz, and that 180 WOULD'VE raised an eyebrow, but his justification is literally the fact that Dietz is who else is up for lynch and that a play at all is better than no play.

Actually Laundry has become a bit of an enigma to me. His reads are definitely weird, and his defense of Nabe was super legit... and then he backed off on it. Let's save him for another time though, I feel like he's in the same realm as Gheb, Vult, Town PR and Acro where they're put in a position where they kinda just aren't actively in most active discussions, and that's moreso the fault of HBW/Carnage thread power game.

What's your read on Carnage?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Gorf, if it was possible to clear JDietz as town would you prefer a Nabe lynch over JDietz? If not Nabe, then who?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Nabe if you've got scummates and are trying to plan I'd really prefer you just answered my questions. Even if you're on invisible (I'm not so you know when I'm here!) I can still see the number of Users and Guests viewing and the odds of it going down by 1 the same time it goes up by 1 is slim, so I know you still have the window open. =P

#HBC | Gorf

If it was possible sure. You outline exactly how it will work, I'll make sure it's legit and I'll switch gears to the scary wagon. But not Nabe.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am keeping my read on OS held back more than letting it be in the open. I'm fine with OS not knowing how I feel about him and I feel he is the same about me. I can't give moreso you will have to give me good reason to divulge in that read. He is too much of a power player for me to give a non-sequential D1 read on that slot. I haven't play much with OS but I know more about him. If Ryker were to post more, I would be able to give a read on that side.

Basically I feel my need to not let OS out of my sight. However, w.r.t. his agenda at the current time, I am okay with what he is doing. That should sate a little bit of what you aer asking. Apologies for being vague.

#HBC | Nabe

What if we could prove JDietz is town, but couldn't do that to you?

Take a step back. If we could clear JDietz as town, would you be willing to die yourself as town to give us the confirmed Doc clear?
- It's not a town confirm on Dietz if he gets a MOD vote, it's a confirm that he's either town, or another factional pick role who decided for any reason that doc was a good choice, or another hard role with the same restriction.

- If (unlike me) people treat Dietz as a confirm, he will die toNight.

- I am not willing to die, by lynch or otherwise. This is not a vanilla game, and I'll be damned if I let go of my role and let you have any single insignificant bit more of control over the thread.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
If it was possible sure. You outline exactly how it will work, I'll make sure it's legit and I'll switch gears to the scary wagon. But not Nabe.
Why are you so intent on protecting Nabe?

Why is Nabe your proxy vote?

Top Bottom