• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
The only context that the prior written content makes sense is that Town PR had wanted Raz to play in the game and because he replaced out, he disappointed Town PR's stated interest in the slot resulting in him stating an interest in lynching our slot over Nabe's slot.
This is indeed the case. Also consider I haven't read his recent games, and this meta is taken from IRL mafia. The other head of Camage may have realized this as he was also there, (instead of going on about it, he simply said 'ok, no further questions'). It's simply a problem I hope you can solve. The 'you over nabe' is only due to nabe being null and I would rather you be toasted over him, since being suspicious. That is all I have to say for that.

@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary Please respond to #963.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

For the record, I have been sitting here waiting to see if you would EVER pursue anything with the fact that you appealed to me over and over. Well, other than using it as a deflection not to really interact with this slot.
If you can describe your content flow as, "I sit in my chair until this player posts, and between his posts I tell people he doesn't post," you have a problem.

Also I don't know why he's so adamant to give DSH a sticking point when as town, the Ruy/Joey hydra will talk about **** regardless of if he prods them or not. It doesn't make sense.
Because they haven't been posting, and the posts they did make 12 pages ago show an intentionless null, because they haven't talked about anything. By calling them a scumread, I am giving them something concrete to respond to that isn't going to amount to a vague reads&catch-up post.

I completely glazed over JD claiming even though on reread I remember him claiming it now. Damn I'm dumb.

and he never responds to this

**** it i'm down **** this slot
Dietz has never been my wagon. I have never voted him. I have voiced nothing against him for many pages now, and nothing prior that is now relevant to my read on him (which I've been public about (townlean)). Why would I justify accusations against him by other players when he implies they don't exist?

What I did instead is took an action that makes sense: I tagged every player on the wagon to alert them to his claim and to his response to my question. His response, I read as being a pointed version of "there is no case", and after making it he followed up with a small piece stating that he really didn't think a case had been made against him. And for a large part I agree; the reason I asked was to see if he might instead try to counter old posts by slantedly rephrasing them.

I have every intention of continuing to develop my read on Dietz, and moreso the players on his wagon. But I have no intention of helping to drive that wagon forward without case or cause to do so. I'm not sure what you expected my response to be.

#HBC | Nabe

Recap of last night:
I post V/LA, and Ryker uses that knowledge to engineer a wagon in that absence, while posting tags towards my slot as if he's giving me a chance to respond all the while.

Given the lynching power in this game, and given the night crowd playing between 11-3 who are known to generate large numbers of posts while intermittently catching up, against the MC propaganda train tagging every player and saying "Lynch Nabe", I think it's astounding I didn't receive an HBC last night. The numbers were here for it to happen, and MC made a direct appeal to every one of them. That it didn't happen is only a footnote.

Should lynch one of these players toDay:
- J
- @ Dabuz Dabuz

Would accept a lynch of one of these players (i.e. would hammer at deadline):
- @ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary (play hasn't improved since added pressure by myself and Gorf, still wouldn't comfortably call him scum)
- @ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage (what the **** was that last night if not opportunistic? Not yet a scumread but neither head is providing context for their play)
- @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 (against my own lynch only, and only then because it would simplify reads on his wagoners)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Btw J's wall:

NEVER think of not holding somebody accountable because of their sobriety. If they're ******** enough to get themselves caught they're ******** enough to get themselves caught, and hey a wise man once said that alcohol makes you say what you're dying to say sober so yea.

Alright so here's the rundown on what I think of the playerlist

1. HBW

Man **** Marshy. No but seriously this slot is one I want to like but am having trouble doing it with. I can't read Marshy's side just wanting me dead very well, but he has a few reasonable motivations to want that to happen. Not ones I'd agree with knowing what I was all thinking (or in some cases not thinking) etc., but from the outside in they aren't awful reasons to be wanting me gone D1 (talking about roles too much, hates what I tried to confirm with Nabe, pretty sure wasn't a fan of pushing back on Town PR etc.)

That said, with the advent of Sang the slot has gotten a little more dynamic. I don't know why they were giving Scary the noobtown pass and not me, but then I can't really peg why J is doing the reverse either. I don't mind the switch to Nabe for obvious reasons even if it felt kind of sudden. Overall I'm hoping Sang gets even more caught up, because most of the things he asked me when we interacted were things that already had answers or were misunderstood entirely, but the basis of which seemed firm enough. Slight town lean, would be easy to swing back.

2. Raziek

Lol null

3. Massive Carnage

For all the effort that the slot has put forth I want to call this slot town. Obviously this slot is going to put in effort as either alignment though so that's not really fair. Instead what I'm hoping I'm right about is the intent to dig through everyone being more town than scum. I can't think of a slot they haven't at least tried to talk to. Only thing I really have to hesitate on here is how they've seemed equally committed to every lynch they've been on despite having some stances, like they'd be more than happy for any of them, as well as dubbing Me vs Town PR TvT but leaving Me vs. Scary up in the air long enough to have jumped on me for a minute (which I don't understand the intent of since they immediately pushed for Nabe); but realistically it's for reads and soldier johns are legit. Speculative town lean (for now).

4. WashedLaundry

... Ok this list needs to stop giving me all the slots I'm torn on right away. I liked what he was posting early game (but I usually do), and his J read at least seemed kind of based on things but at the same time I don't really agree with it and it was pretty meta-reachy fmpov. I gotta be honest I've largely been just letting everything Washed does slide and focusing on other slots. I don't remember if he stated Nabe dislike before yesterday, but I can only assume he has at least a reasonable amount of it if he switched wagons, and there was that whole tirade he made that I misinterpreted as being at me so idk. Null.

5. Detective Sherlock Hound (Joey/Red Ruy)

Your slot is... ok, but it feels like one of the reads I've developed the least. I'm relying a lot on gut and reaction to both my actions and the Town PR wagon here and the willingness of Joey to admit mistaken points instead of pushing them. You've been pretty inactive for the last irl day or two tbh, but before that everything seemed okay; and while I'd love to say you'd know how to recognize me being me back during Me vs. Town PR that's really no guarantee of anything when Joey is involved. Null leaning town.

6. J

Okay this one is tricky as hell. I want to love this guy for supporting me and agreeing on Me vs Town PR TvT and going in on Scary, but being realistic: he hasn't really followed through all that hard. You could argue that everything he's done is getting him brownie points on my flip from a scum perspective, and he was noncommittal at various points of the game (the initial part of Me vs Town PR). But being realistic here I don't see a scum doing this exact sequence of events wrt my slot. I mean: he came in and said I was definitely town and he'd block my lynch against Marshy, and pointed out all this stuff on Scary: and then today he came in and just said literally "**** it I'm tired". Maybe I'm not giving it enough thought, but that seems like the biggest waste of time if he was doing this as scum since it would paint a "what the hell was that even" target on his back for making a big fuss and not showing up. Town, but if he keeps up being distant from all but select issues I'd start to reconsider.

7. Gorf

Okay so Gorf kind of gets a special read. The elephant in the room here is that I don't think anyone really wants to even deal with the wifom of having a unique role to put him as a legitimate candidate. But all that aside, EVEN though he pisses me off, he's been doing some work when he could reasonably chill and no one would complain too hard. The sheer amount of effort he has put into non-constructive mudslinging kind of worries me though. Very slight town lean

8. Dabuz

Okay Dabuz is mixed in that he's not the greatest ever at pursuing things, but then again neither am I. There's been some detraction as of late on that point, but I feel like it's largely something that's okay. I was a little worried with how he was sliding his doublevote around, but there are legit reasons to be doing that in this game and it's seemed to help out a number of reads so far. It's hard to describe this because I don't want to take forever with this summary by getting a bunch of quotes involved when I haven't bothered to use any before now; but what he does he seems intent on. Some of his points are just lame though... like saying he got Vult to say he had 8 years experience when it really had nothing to do with him and wouldn't have even been a question if he hadn't asked. Gut town lean? It's kind of a toss up, but I'd err on town for now.

9. LBScary59

Scary I feel like we could definitely lose. He's been a non-factor for the vast majority of the game, and while I'd love to give him "you ****ed up like I did" credit I don't feel like the intent is really there. He coasted in during early game, muddled about in the middle, and at the end he was pretty much unraveled when he started talking in such a way where it was clear he was thinking of his posts from a standpoint where he was making allusions to the concept of having reads to placate people rather than further scum hunting (see; the J post we all voted him for). Wrap this up with the time he just flat stated he saved his vote for a bad time (voting me literally because he thought I was wrong about a mechanic) because he felt afraid people would come down on him and there's not a lot of recourse. Scum

10. Town PR (Glyph/Ranmaru)

I kind of ****ed up my early chances of reading them on this one trying to get them to post content in a really awkward way, but eventually I think the effort showed through in what they had been trying for despite the misunderstandings. Everything they've been doing since then (though absent for awhile about a day ago) has been reasonable. Their push on Scary seems legit and I don't really fault them for early game: so Town PR is fittingly a Town read.

12. Gheb_01

Okay I won't lie that really early gambit obliterated pretty much any chance of normal read on Gheb, but honestly I don't think my read on him would have been very strong regardless. He's been mostly obstinate, which isn't unexpected, but I don't really know what he's pushing for at any given moment, and that makes me not want to trust him. He comments from time to time, and sometimes I can see where he's coming from, but often that comment will be almost too curt. The moment that comes to mind is when he said he thought the Scary wagon was a ****ty one. I could see where he'd might come to that remark from based on the likes of Me/Nabe/Dabuz being all on it already, but without really arguing for any one side anyways. I'm 100% sure he's currently voting someone but the fact I don't know who it is off the top of my head means he isn't doing it as well as possible. Null leaning scum

13. Nabe

What can we even say about Nabe really. We know he's here, he responds to things put forth when they irritate him, but he hasn't done a whole ton else. He apparently just does this, and I saw him do this as town in Tranq (though he was a replacement), but he apparently also does this as scum and it'd suit the play just fine. Ultimately it comes to the fact that we really could be getting things from him and he's choosing not to while still making wagons happen with a doublevote. I'm not in a position to bargain and PoE means I really have no qualms with him being the play today if he's going to make his alignment a coin flip. Some people say if he's town he'll improve if given time, but I really don't agree from what I've seen in the past. Scum lean

14. Vult Redux

Vult I feel wary of. He hasn't done anything evil, but he also hasn't done anything super constructively town. He's done things no one else is doing like put votes on what was at the time Nameless and then Carnage, but what else really is there? He's down to body Nabe and I don't really have any legit reason to not be okay with that, but he's still kind of a question mark. Null, but if anyone is going to be the "yeah okay, I'm not surprised but I also sort of didn't see it coming" mafia flip it'd probably be this slot based on the game so far.

All that said, I feel like any of the power players could be reasonably working together here to guide whichever of these lynches they choose under malign pretenses and it's really going to come down to flips as it always does. If the nightmare scenario comes and all 3 of me, Nabe, and Scary flip town, well first off I apologize, and second I'd hope the likes of HBW, Laundry, and Gorf are all getting second looks about two flips in.
I made sure to only skim hard enough for me to get an impression of all your stances since you like put the effort to put em there... And correct me if I'm wrong... But are Nabe and Scary your only non null (town lean / slight town lean doesn't count as not null in this context) reads you have? Oh and I'd love to see the sheer amount of effort I've put into mud slinging that doesn't include trolling you hard last night.

I was telling you to stop being a **** for no other reason than being a ****, and that was all.

I think it's kinda grimy now though. Are you saying you were doing the bolded or what?
Oh okay cool. The bolded was actually part of the reason I was trollin ya. While most of the reason was just to troll, I noticed before that while marshy was the main voice backing up your lynch before he was nothing outside of his naturally abrasive self, and you responded to him by dogging his play and calling em mean and whatnot. I was wondering whether or not you'd respond the same but after sleeping on it, well I mean I guess town can get worked up too when they have somebody directly going after em. It's interesting that you did though.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Recap of last night:
I post V/LA, and Ryker uses that knowledge to engineer a wagon in that absence, while posting tags towards my slot as if he's giving me a chance to respond all the while.
You're right, we never tried to talk to you or push a lynch on you at all prior to that. -_-;;

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Town PR Town PR
Addressing #963, part of it is learning on the fly and the rest of it is trying to see if the thought processes are rational. Seeing if any connections could be made.

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be around tomorrow guys, hosting a brawl tournament tomorrow. Try not to blow up the thread on me lol.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
What kind of connections? Are you saying you want to know why they are voting you and not JD? Is that it?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
In a sense. Just seeing any information I can gather. Thinking it wouldn't hurt to have their thoughts on him in the current circumstance while I'm running in circles man.

Feeling like you're looking for a certain answer from me.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Of course. You said you asked J and Dabuz about JD so you could have a comparison between yourself and JD, so you could then use it to..... vote him? I don't see any reason for them to be voting JD over you, especially when J already gave his reasoning for his JD townread. The approach you say you were using here is weird and backwards to me. To clarify, if you said "Why me and not JD, he did the same thing as me!", I would understand the 'comparison'. I don't see that, and to me I still feel you were trying to use it to fuel your push on JD, not to understand their side, which is irrelevant to you as his actions were NOT SIMILAR to yours. Seems like you are trying to cover up your actions with the 'comparison' justification, and I kept asking you questions to find the blue. (Which I did not find)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Okay, I really don't understand the point that you made in posting this.
it's a catchup post. a concise way to let everyone know where my head is.

Why do you support the wagon?
it's scummy to throw out reads without justification.

I don't see the point in saying who you're townreading without any further input.
I want people to know that even though my scumlist read is weak and short I have been forming other reads.

opinion on nabe?
don't have one yet. /: posts not memorable.

Why a town read on dabuz and carnage?
dabuz has been good with pressuring and followup questions. I think there is something else that made me think he's town but I can't remember atm.

carnage is attentive to the game, has good reads, and his responses to my questions have been good.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Deadline is February 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)

WE HAVE 2 DAYS.

I don't like how he responded to me though, it's less he might have misread or not and more his two reaction posts look bad when pressed on it.
That's the thing. It's bad play, but I don't see it making him scum. I have already explained why I think you can't nab him on this, and that is that you are saying that he was committing an action so he could then do another IN THE FUTURE, without us seeing the future. To clarify, I mean that we wouldn't know if it was true until we saw him play it out. What do you think of his current play now? (I assume you aren't caught up, so this might help you while you are stuck in the old pages) I would like for your thoughts on the Scary push, but you not being caught up and 2 days until deadline... :/ but please have it as something to talk about for when you are finished, thanks.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , how do you feel about our slot atm? I know you had Jd and us as picks, want to know where we are at now and what you think of our recent push.
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 , why are you not voting Scary? (Are you not confident enough in it?)
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage , thoughts on this post? I'll give you mine after yours. (Hint: It's of Nabe) I did a re-read.
@ Vult Redux Vult Redux , you state support for the Scary wagon. I think it's time to vote (or think about voting) him soon.
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , same as above.
@ #HBC | Acrostic #HBC | Acrostic , hey there. Hope you have had enough time to read a little bit. Need some contribution from you.
@WashedLaundry, I asked you to talk to me about my push on scary and something else. Need you to chime in on that.
@ Dabuz Dabuz , may need your double vote here. How are you feeling about a scary lynch? (can't recall atm)
@ Hardbody Warrior Hardbody Warrior , Now that you are voting Nabe, I assume you didn't really get anything out of him? (source: #621 What is your thoughts of him as of late?)

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
**** outta hear town pr

IF YOU ARE READING THIS I WILL LET YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE LYNCHING NABE TODAY OR JD AS THE BACKUP LYNCH. PICK ONE AND VOTE THEM AND LETS HOPE THE ****ING VIG OFFS THE OTHER ONE IF NOT DABDAB. I REFUSE TO GET ****ED BY THE COCKBLOCK BRIGADE. CARNAGE NEEDS TO BE ON THE LYNCH TODAY DUE TO HIS SOLDIER LEVEL 2 SO EVERYONE SHUT THEIR ****ING MOUTHS AND DO WHAT I SAY

SWAG

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary

stop ****ing responding to town pr. hes not interested in reading you at this point. he just wants to lynch you and its distracting from the proper plays in nabe and jd. shut your mouth and get the **** out of the way sick of ****tyass lynches going through cuz town has no ****ing idea how to make proper plays

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
@mod request votecount

Get your votes on Nabe people.

JDietz claimed lv. 2 priest, right? And people want to lynch him?

Win/win scenario for us.

If JDietz is scum, we tell him to protect player X. If player X dies, we know JDietz was lying and can lynch 'em.

If JDietz is town, we get to pick a player out loud that cannot die and hope they aren't scum.

Lv. 2 Protect – Choose a target player. That player cannot be killed that Night. You may not Protect yourself. You may not protect the same person two nights in a row. Should a player be protected with this ability an even number of times (2, 4, 6, etc.) in one Night, the protection will fail.
Priest restriction - unless an ability forces you to, you cannot cast the hammer vote. Any attempt to do so will fail and you will be given a MOD vote.
Since we're publicly outing it, JDietz shouldn't be canceled out. If he IS, then we know that mafia has a roleblock or their own lv 2 protect ability.

I am fully aware that Mafia can read this and then try to trick us into lynching JDietz by roleblocking him and killing the target, but if you're worried about that you should think for a few seconds on it and get back to me toMorrow.

Since I'm a genius and have this plan myself, I'd like to nominate....

Sherlock

Sherlock, I want you to PICK A PLAYER that YOU THINK IS TOWN for JDIETZ TO PROTECT.

This is very deliberately pulling hard information out of you, as you get to pick a whopping one player to protect.

If anyone has a problem with this plan, let me know. If you have a tracking/watching ability, keep that in mind with this plan, knowing that you could clear JDietz or condemn mafia if they tried anything tricky.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
i have to think more about that suggested plan. i keep going over the the pros vs cons but i dunno if its smart to publicly state them?

@Gheb_01

do you have an opinion regarding the above post?

im going to suggest that if we DO go with this plan that we get acro (a universal null) to state who should be protected as to why. i still think dsh is likely innocent and have no idea why people are prioritizing him over acro (formerly raz) and vult

man i think itd be hilarious if jd ended up protecting me considering ive been wanting to lynch him all day

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
We find dabunz's recent play disgusting. He is simultaneously supporting both major wagons and is currently voting Carnage for...who knows what? This close to deadline? We don't know what he's doing and find him disgusting because we feel he's playing off the wagons in a grimy way. The fact that he's now voting a slot that originally suspected him also worries us.

The marshy half would love to see dabunz vigged should one exist.

FOS: dabuz
Marshy always dislikes my slot, in fact I can't think of one game out of every game we have played that he has liked my slot. I also think every game Marshy calls for someone to vig me.

See the crosswagon? That **** never happens without scum partially fueling it. The fact that it's so mirrored is also disturbing as well--both sides have a doublevoter that's part of a voting block, both sides have another member of the voting block, and starting it off is the two heads against one another. It's like a perfect image of one another and it's not what I expect when you see Team Carnage asking #HBC to go push in another direction in the meantime.
True, you think it's likely there were scum on both parts of the wagon trying to push the game into being one of PR or JD getting lynched? If so, do you think it's possible one of them was scum getting set up to be bused by their mates or would it be more likely neither of them are scum and that scum wanted to push PR vs. JD into a lynch?

The entirety of JD vs. Gorf 983 - 994 is just...what? JD's reaction there is really, really bad, and it's not the first time he had a bad reaction to something.

Then JD comes in with 996 reads i'm like: "huh?" I remember him posting he had a lynch order of Scary -> Raziek -> Nabe, but read wise He has Scary, Gheb, and Nabe as the scum leans. With Raziek in the null pile with Vult and WL. Even when JD explained it, it didn't make much sense but now it just seems like nonsense.

First thing's first now

Unvote

That MC wall is trash first of all, it really is for so many reasons, if this Day had more time in it instead of a little more than 48 hours with 3 people on the lynch table i'd be keeping this vote on MC...but the Day is too close to ending so I gotta save it for toMorrow. That wall just set me off and I pretty much felt like ragequitting the thread yesterday after this post.

No comment on that slot. Not even touching it toDay.

What rebuttal? You just said "nuh uh" and I don't care what you think. I think you're asking "road to nowhere" questions, Gorf apparently thinks its part of your meta, and Vult asked for examples. I gave 'em. You can argue until you are blue in the face that they are or aren't "road to nowhere" questions but I couldn't care less what you think. It's your job to convince me that your questioning is worth something, not the other way around.
[/quote]

Like ****, MC completely shrugged off my responses and no one commenting on it makes me unsure if anyone actually read that...*sigh*. Anyway, it's best saved for toMorrow.

Now, this game has felt off to me, I couldn't put my finger on it and still can't, but I decided to reread it and note not my thoughts on the game (since for the most part I already took notes of it all) but instead summarize the relevant posts of this game in terms of what happened, what everyone was doing, and the thoughts people were expressing (minus myself). This is mostly in posting order. Also, there will be lots of typos as I didn't bother to edit misspellings.

-Starts off with DSH pressing the whole not knowing nameless is a hydra thing.
--WL thinks it's a town lead because as scum i would have talked about the hydra in a QT
---DSH continues to pressure on it, votes me
----Has to be asked before he explains the reasoning
-----Explains reasoning
------Finds my responses sensible and drops the pressure
-------All in all at some point claims he didn't like my reactions to his pressure as the real basis for pushing me
--------Town PR finds my reactiosn to pressure bad play but my lack of knowledge on the nameless situation to be null
-Gheb tries to outsmart the mod to clear MC
--Nameless wants to know why Gheb does this.
---Gheb thinks players will misread the slot
----WL presses the Gheb slot
-----Gheb explains
------WL keeps pressing this
-------J joins this
--------Gorf makes a small comment on it, wouldn't consider it joining though
---------J justifies joining by saying there isn't much else to talk about yet
----------Gorf expresses a like of Gheb's line of thought
-Nabe asked scary on his opinion about my wagon
--Scary gives the proper response (@)
---Nabe says he was looking for that answer (&)
-Raziek starts off rule talk
--Gheb adds to it
---Rule discussion continues
----Jdietz joins in by commenting on the alignment of someone picking a voteblocking role
-----3 way discussion between Gheb, Jdietz, and myself
------Ends up not contributing to reads/ everyone calling it null. Some other people comment on the roles.
-------Jdietz claims to have gotten some reads on me and Gheb
--------Unsure what to think of me, think my questiosn were unnecassary, thinks it dubious Gheb advocates the merits of vote blocking
-DSH asks Jdietz if he has any reads
-Raziek comes in sarcastically saying the wagon on me is ****ty
-WL votes Gheb
--Jdietz expresses dislike of Gheb when DSH asked for reads, this dislike is based on the role talk
---DSH thinks role talk is easy for scum to blend in with
----WL thinks Gheb used the mechanics talk as a way to ignore everything going on beforehand when J and WL were pressuring Gheb
-----WL asks Jdietz what he thinks on Gheb using mechanics discussion to avoid pressure.
------Jdietz AVOIDS the question saying IF it's true then it would be grimy on Gheb's part
-------JD tangents into asking if Gheb as scum would be ballsy enough to trying and break the game based on role pm town wincon
--------JD votes Gheb saying he wants to vote Gheb on gut for voteblocking advocacy, CLAIMS HE STARTED THE MECHANCIS DISCUSSION
---------Town PR goes into his questions on "Does this situation mean Gheb is scum? Are you sure that's why WL is voting him?"
----------JD avoids the questions
-----------PR votes JD for JD not answering the questions
------------Nameless comes in with a vote on JD
-------------JD collapses and says what he was doing with the Gheb vote was for pressure, rebuttals by asking Town PR's opinions of the slot (this leads into Jdietz explaining all his thoughts)
--------------PR says what JD was pointing out was null and JD wasn't applying pressure really
---------------PR avoids giving opinions till way later where he's stuck somewhere between no stance and null/ slight scum lean
----------------JD obviously doesn't like this
-Town PR asks Raziek + Gorf about thier opinions on my wagon
-Nabe starts being Nabe by not wanting to answer questions / give opinions (&)
-Stopping here at 318 because MC comes into the game with huge walls
--Catchup post 1 is a few questions. See if they are pushed or ocmmented on
---Catchup post 2 is a lot of mechanics talk
----Ends up disliking Gheb, and WL, wants to like JD since he gets a good vibe.
-Gorf not seeing Gheb hate
--Thinks Dietz 315 is reachy
-WL has mixed feelings on Town PR
-JD admits MC has good stuff on him in the wall
-J asks JD and DSH questions
--J doesn't find what Gheb is doing as scummy, jsut Ghebby and bad
-Scary is leaning Gheb (?) becasue of Gheb's mechanics centralization (@)
--Scary vaguely says the wall is good stuff. (@)
-Gheb votes WL because he doesn't like WL's approach to Gheb's early game attempt to clear. Thinks stuff on me is null.
-DSH not sure what to make of Gheb making excuses to get rid of J + WL's pressure on him
-384 MC calls out Town PR for lurking
-DSH points out he doesn't like MC not liking Heb attempting to clear himself AND WL's pressure on Gheb
--Votes JD because JD's voteo n Town PR looked bad
-Gorf not sure if i'm scum or not, MC comes in saying my play is unlikely for scum, Gorf iso k with that.
-Town PR's long ass post on Gheb which looks awkward, then agrees with WL that me not realizing nameless hydra is reason to town lean me.
-MC wants to lynch town PR
-J goes onto more stuff about Gheb
--Considers Town PR as a lynch target
---Liked DSH's posts until JD part
-MC starts his Nabe pushing
-Then Nabe does Nabe stuff (&)
-JD more mechanics talk and comments on Town PR stalling
-Scary ASKs MC a very basic question (@)
-Volt calls nameless a scumbag with very basic reasosn that sadly always apply to Marshy
-JD unvotes town PR
--I raise my red flag
---JD revotes Town PR
----Leads into the whole thing on PR's opinion on Gheb
-Nabe continues to be Nabe (&)
-Scary says game isn't making sense to him, says he's not sold on the want to push town PR from MC, no questions though (@)
-Nabe's 487 is a push on J and DSH with little commenting on Town PR (&)
-MC says if nameless is scum he will be easy to pick out and lynch later
--Puts a vote on Town PR, adds mroe pressure to Nabe
-Nameless disagrees with J's reads on JD and TOwn PR, nameless sees JD as bad and town PR as good
--Contiues to find somethign about JD he does not like
---Likes DSH as well, questiosn Nabe on a bad post
----Asks J to summarize Gheb vs. WL
-----Continues pressuring Nabe
-Scary commented on Gorf's vote beign stripped but not from some listed restriction (@)
--Scary says "that's fair jdiets. didn't see that." Unvotes
-JD calls nameless scum for not elaborating using MMU as meta
-DSH likes PR, dislikes JD and Gheb
-Nabe goes back to being Nabe (&)
--Then Nabe goes and pretends he's going to hammer JD (&)
---Pressures JD to get information (&)
----Later claism theh ammer threat was a branch off joke from one of OS' posts. (&)
-Stopped at 521
-Nabes asks simple question (&)
--Nabe's "no" and "k" in response to those answers(&)
-JD comments on disliking Mashy's push
--Comments saying Nabe is doing the same thign but people dislike Nabe more
---JD explains -why- he doesn't like Marshy's push
----Nabe thinks it's null (&)
-Nabe would take laundry and Volt ina a voting block (&)
-WL continues to push his stuff on Gheb
-MC comments Gheb disappeared
--Adds that J is a blank slate
---WL disagrees saying he's done stuff in his few posts
----Goes into a little tangent saying town PR looks better than JD
-----Nameless says to give J time since J is about to enter night phase in another game
------MC brings up stuff J has done, it's very little
-MC goes into his reads, thinks Gheb might be scum but questions it because no one is coming to his aid
--Says same think about JD (except J has come to his rescue)
---CAlls Nabe quiet all game but then comes down with a few hard posts and questions people
----Doesn't think WL is scum because WL hasn't done enough where he COULD do stuff
-----Says Marshy is Marshy
------Concludes JD, WL, and Gheb are good plays.
-------Wants invisible players to speak up
--------Follow up post on JD vs. PR leads to it's likely TvT
-Nabe comments on WL vs. Gheb (&)
--Says he wants MC to give a read on nameless before too long (&)
---Thinks MC is null after nameless asks what Nabe's read on MC is (&)
-Scary says he'd join Nameless' voting block because he dreads reading me and thinks OS will be worse to read (@)
--MC rebuttals saying Scary SHOULD have a read on MC, acknowledging Scary's lack of presence
-Vult with a little breakdown of why he doesn't like MC putting the "invisible" label on certain people
--MC rebuttals with some fair points and lists some of his reads
---Scary agress with Vult and feels any pushs MC has made are just for pressure (@)
-Pick up from 562
-DSH comes in saying he DOESN'T like Town PR's 558 anymore
-Town PR responds to some posts and lays down his reads.
---Lets recap:
Town - DSH, WL, and Dabuz
Null, lean scum - Gheb
Scum - Raziek, Jdietz
-Raziek thinks this thread is just Gheb being a hobgoblin and JD trying to see how far he can shove his foot into his mouth
-Gorf thinks PR vs. JD up to 461 feels awkward and puts an "IGMEOY" to both of them
--Tells volt he isn't gonna get MC to budge and to wait till the Ryker head comes in
---Asks Nabe if he's scum reading MC
----Responds to my question
-----Later says he thunks lies between the two of PR and JD
-JD decides to bow out of the thread to get new voices in here and says he went a bit too far with putting a wagon on Town PR
--Comes in later to unvote PR
-Gorf expresses dislike on JD
--Responds to town PR by explaining his dislike of JD a little
-JD doesn't like Marshy's approach to him
--Says he felt pressured that an alpha was coming
---Gorfs pushes it and JD explains himself more
-J questions Volt's nameless vote (note all the reads listed in this post are explained now or after I question some things)
--Says Gheb is whining before doing stuff
---Explains why thinks JD is likely badly playing town
----Says he's town leaning PR
-----Expresses his uncertainty on Nabe
------Sees PR vs. JD as TvT
-------Likes DSH
--------Null on WL for reasons regarding Gheb vs. WL
---------Towns reads DSH and me the most
----------Concludes with no solid scum reads (this is before the whole Scary thing)
-Gorf is most interested in pursuing PR and JD
-Gheb likes (I think) PR
--Wall in response to J and his explanation on why he dislikes WL
---Continues to explain early game attempt to clear MC
-MC
People I'm willing to see lynched today
13. Nabe
People I'm bouncing between "willing to see lynched" and "don't want lynched"
10. Town PR (Glyph/Ranmaru)

People I don't want lynched
1. Nameless (marshy/Sworddancer.)
4. WashedLaundry
8. Dabuz
12. Gheb_01
11. Jdietz43
14. Vult Redux

People I don't know enough about to make a call
2. Raziek
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (Joey/Red Ruy)
6. J
7. Gorf
9. LBScary59
----(592) explains why on all these slots
-Nabe comes in with a response to J (&)
--Scumleans Scary, DSH (biggest scum lean here), and myself, finds MC null (?)
---Very vague reasoning for this
-Scary asks Nabe what Vinyl's paly is like.(@)
--Tells JD he shouldn't be worried about an alpha because the hammerer would probably be insta lynched tomorrow. (@)
-Gheb thinks J *********** his laundry case
-Scary asks Gheb on his take of JD vs. PR (@)
--Gheb thinks it isn't worthwhile
---Gorf asks Gheb if he's implying PR vs. JD is a scum magnet
----Geb says he's not implying anything
-----Gorf responds by sayign that Gheb says it's a good place for scum to throw activity without leaving the safety zone, continues to say Gheb hasn't mentioned a read on these players.
-Scary sees himself becoming a backup lynch (@)
-J responds to my inquiries
--Lynch order AMT is Nabe then Scary
---REsponds to Nabe and asks the same thing I did about Nabe's DSH read
-DSH comes in asking why people dislike PR
-Nameless doesn't like JD still, thinks people MC called silent are nto really silent
--Throws a question to Gheb
---Doesn't want to lynch Nabe atm
----Asks gorf what he thinks of WL vs. Gheb
-----Gorf likes Gheb and WL hasn't raised any red flags for Gorf.
-WL votes J because he thinks J is sidelining and not trying to get his hands dirty
--Says J ends the wall with "i'm lost and have no scumreads and a ****ton of nulls" to further the sidelining point
---The more WL reads the elss confident he feels about J scumread
----J responds basically by saying WL is in the sameboat of not knowing where to go
-Biggest scumread is J, does't think vote on Gheb is justified anymore and doesn't believe there's enoguh to say Gheb is anything but null, town reads MC, has ignored scary this game
-WL sees PR vs. JD as TvT
--Likes JD less of the two
-JD willing to kill scary for doing nothing, but not Nabe since he sees parellels to tranquility, me for being "flighty", wouldn't mind Gheb gone for his early gambit, would throw Gorf onto this but Gorf is "kawaii desu", thinks J could be sticking up for JD to get town cred
-WL says the JD and PR wagons look odd
--Explains why later about how parallel they are and that it's likely scum-fueled
-JD expects Marshy would be going nuts over inactives and not sitting on JD
-Discussion between JD and WL on Marshy and how to read him and compare his play, this ultimately leads to nowhere.
-HBW replaces nameless (now it's marshy/ sang hydra)
-JD goes into illusionest talk
-Scary stuffs pops up. (@)
-Reread stopping here (Page 17)

Now, I "marked" 2 players in this for easy reference (you can read the thread again if you think my summary is wrong at any parts), these players are Scary (@) and Nabe (&). If you search for those symbols, about 90% of the things they posted that I found relevant in this game will show up.

First of all, Both Nabe and Scary have bad bad play toDay, that is undeniable, both are not appearing protown. The thing I noticed and the reason I marked these 2 is simple. Nabe has made -some- stances and attempts to do -some- things, no matter how poorly he did them, how anti-town, and how difficult he is to work with, he has a very slight paper trail to follow. Scary, however has even less content to talk of in terms of stances and attempts to do things UNTIL he was pressured over the recent pages (which is pretty much when the reread summary ends). MC harps over Nabe this game, but he's ignoring a slot that arguably has been even WORSE this game, Scary. I do not do this to defend Nabe, I do this to show that the reasons Nabe is on the lynch table as fair as I can tell apply to Scary except Scary looks EVEN WORSE between the two when talking about the same facets of their play. If the reasons we are lynching Nabe is because he's completely anti-town and deserves to be hardbodied, then Scary deserves even more to be hardbodied when considering he's been worse than Nabe AND then there are the recent pages where Scary is pressured that I hope everyone read so I don't need to re-explain what is bad about them.

As a sidenote, @ Vult Redux Vult Redux is barely here and he can't be this low of a poster forever, Gheb just needs to get more into the game, and I hope DSH doesn't get caught up in catchup land.

Vote: Scary

#HBC | Nabe

So you're telling me that the above quote is something "pointy" to respond to? Or is the" pointy" referring to a post before this?
This, and a post prior to directed to HBW. It's referring to the general assertion that I thought they were scum with bad play. In the post you've quoted, I brought up my magic skill to read Ryu, which always gets his attention.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Tell me why I should follow you here, Jay is far better for a lynch.

Note: not J but Jay there is a difference.
Check it out Ruy.

You and Scary are the only ones voting JD at the moment. The wagons are largely coming down to Nabe vs Scary unless I go back to JD. JD isn't going anywhere, he's shamelessly scummy and we can at least work him to using his power in Town's favor. Why the **** did Nabe waste so much time this dayphase calling you scum? He says it was incentive to get you to post in the game but that's bull****, Nabe is bullseye accurate at reading your alignment and your hydra NEVER has problems with contributing to the game. Do you seriously want to go into ****ing D3/D4 with Nabe still doing this nonsense? Neither do I. I (marshy) believe you to be town at the moment and need your vote here. JD we can worry about later; I've gotten enough people to hate him and we can be sure Town won't forget about him.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Sure, but we both know that Ruy's never had a problem when it comes to activity. I'm having a hard time believing you'd spend your effort towards prodding him instead of just focusing on more important **** and then reading him when he inevitably started weighing in on the game.

OH GORF YOU JUST CAME WITH THE JD VOTE MAKING HIS WAGON THAT MUCH EASIER TO MAKE HAPPEN

@SangfroidWarrior

Here's the keys to the hydra. You have my blessing on both JD and Nabe dying today. You go ahead and hold it down for the next 27ish hours if you will.

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage @Overswarm @Ryker

My patience is growing thin. Might one of you make a Nabe case to hammer this through? If not I'm going back to JD cuz Nabe's doublevote makes it much easier to happen and I can force y'all to go there. Ball's in your court, guys.

#HBC | Nabe

Sure, but we both know that Ruy's never had a problem when it comes to activity. I'm having a hard time believing you'd spend your effort towards prodding him instead of just focusing on more important **** and then reading him when he inevitably started weighing in on the game.
Yes, Ryu really ****ing does have an activity problem. The slot dips out somewhere around page 10, and made two posts recently. They do not have stances. They have not been here.

My patience is growing thin. Might one of you make a Nabe case to hammer this through? If not I'm going back to JD cuz Nabe's doublevote makes it much easier to happen and I can force y'all to go there. Ball's in your court, guys.
Stick to a wagon, or make Sang post 1000x more than you, please.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
1. Yes, Ryu really ****ing does have an activity problem. The slot dips out somewhere around page 10, and made two posts recently. They do not have stances. They have not been here.

2. Stick to a wagon, or make Sang post 1000x more than you, please.
1. Who cares? He will ball with time. This is like when OS was trippin' over J not posting and I was like "chill dude he'll get here when he gets here" gnomesayin

2. No promises. While I have no issue with Sang posting more than me, you know I love playing people against each other and that it's useful for reads later in the game.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
>tells people to lynch the guy ive been pushing all day

>suggests its gross that i consider hopping back onto his wagon as soon as its made much more realistic

nabe i love you but forreal tho

#HBC | Nabe

>tells people to lynch the guy ive been pushing all day

>suggests its gross that i consider hopping back onto his wagon as soon as its made much more realistic

nabe i love you but forreal tho
You're a brick wall to read and you flip like a paper in the wind and I want to stuff my oops in your wow

#HBC | Nabe

real talk
what small fractional part of you agrees with a single post overswarm has made all game
why do you suddenly and implicitly trust a hydra slot where ryker is the subservient head, suggesting evil shenanigans
why does the simple fact of a vote have enough curb appeal to switch your curbstomping focus

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM READING ANYMORE. BUT I DO KNOW THAT I'M ALREADY PISSED OFF AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED READING A PAGE AND I'M AT THIS POINT WHERE J AND SANG ARE TALKING LIKE THE GAME IS A PRIVATE SKYPE CONVO AND THEN I'M LIKE:

BUT I'M LIKE BE A BIG MAN ACRO. YOU CAN DO IT. YOU'VE GOT TO DO IT. YOU'VE GOT TO KEEP WRITING EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED SOMETHING IMPORTANT. YOU'VE GOT TO DO IT ACRO. YOU'VE GOT TO DO IT TODAY. YOU'VE GOT TO DO IT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T DO IT TODAY WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU WILL FINISH. WHO KNOWS IF YOU WILL EVEN MAKE IT TO ANOTHER DAY. YOU'VE GOT TO PULL IT TOGETHER MAN.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Someone please out together a Nabe case compiled into a single post because I don't have a read on him and would like to be able to put out a better vote even if I'm not able to catch up completely by deadline. It seems really out of the blue to me atm

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J still isn't posting. J has been in and out, sitting here unsure of what play to make.

Are you playing Overswarm against Ryker? I don't understand.
1.) I view on my phone a lot so that I may stay caught up and post when I get home late at night.
2.) I have made my opinion clear on what play I want and have posted.
3.) I haven't even been inactive and I at least post once a day to make sure I am still in the game and don't fall too far behind.
4.) Babe, hypocrisy does not suit you. Don't call OS out on trying to peg you as "inactive" when you don't even give common courtesy to others.

Oh, but please, tell me why I'm scum to you besides a "gut-vibe/sidelining". You know I like it rough, so don't hold back. I agree with Marsh, forreal though Nabe, what the heck is up?

I'm around if people have questions. I'm going to go through and answer things since my last post.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ Town PR Town PR still just got my eye on you. Nothing you've done since has raise any big red flags so I don't mind prioritizing others.
Hey, you, with the face, talk to me. I like you so you should like me. Can we talk about Nabe? I need someone to bounce things off with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You want Ditzy right? What do you make of Nabe's somewhat floundering now that he may be a lynch and his most recent reads (Pretend it's not me asking since his read on me is out of nowhere) and his vote on Ditzy too, opinion?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'll have to read it more in depth to see what you mean by floundering, but I feel like his play honestly deserves significantly less heat than it's getting. At least, it does toDay. Essentially since the game opened, Carnage has searched for a reason to dislike Nabe. Hell, he's probably posted more about Nabe's play than Nabe has posted PERIOD. The Nabe wagon is exactly the sort of thing that scum wants to push, regardless of whether it's a bus or if it's a ML. It's a win win to lynch em in scums shoes. If he's town it's as if he's erased from the game, and if he's scum then those bussing him have a nifty connection to his lynch. Plus, his play honestly hasn't given me a vibe of him being blatantly uncooperative, like most are implying. He's playing to his own tune, and his motivation can't be logically read. But that's not scummy. Not yet, at least.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Holy balls my post was way longer than I intended especially considering I typed that one my iphone. Anyways I laughed hard at Gheb saying I haven't done stuff this game. Not gonna ad-hominem him, but know it's there.

I feel like I am HBW's mirror this game. I have pretty much contrasting views based on seeing the other side of the coin save for a few in the null/slight lean department.

I have talked a lot about Ditzy/Scary lately so I am trying to talk about others. I want to talk about the people I am paranoid about but eh not really use going into gut things or things I can't prove.

#HBC | Nabe

4.) Babe, hypocrisy does not suit you. Don't call OS out on trying to peg you as "inactive" when you don't even give common courtesy to others.
What could this possibly mean? I'm pretty sure giving people "courtesy" doesn't have any effect on the truth value of what I say, and if you're suggesting that OS is somehow owed any courtesy against his treatment of me, then a) you're mistaken, but mostly b) that has nothing to do with what's transpired between me and him. (And I use the word 'between' very loosely.)

Top Bottom