• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
3. There will be no whiteknighting. If someone is getting hardbodied or pressured, nobody cares that you have an opinion that speaks kindly of the target. Keep your mouth shut. They got themselves there for a reason and you do not need to do the work for scum.
**** outa here, son. Imma #sbc this **** up all day!

:059:

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Guidelines to Not Helping Scum Win
1. Dayplay will always outweigh night actions. If you disagree, start playing here instead.

2. There will be no concern for claims this game. They more often than not serve to help scum manipulate Town.

3. There will be no whiteknighting. If someone is getting hardbodied or pressured, nobody cares that you have an opinion that speaks kindly of the target. Keep your mouth shut. They got themselves there for a reason and you do not need to do the work for scum.

4. There will be no unwarranted townreads and you will actually put thought into who you believe is innocent. This lends itself to preventing Town players from whiteknighting scum and/or playing like another member of their team.

5. There will be no use of the phrase "RVS" because it serves no useful purpose towards helping Town win and the fact that it is a misnomer; many votes placed early in the game are not random. The most this term does is deprive people of accountability over doing stupid/scummy **** because it trivializes the actions done during this phase.

No discussion about this post. Do not quote it. Do not talk about it. Do not spin your wrong opinion into it trying to bait me into a fruitless argument that will not find scum. Just do it understanding that they are good for Town or enjoy helping the scumbags win. There is a reason I am posting this now instead of on D1.

It is time to break the shackles and free ourselves from the mental slavery the meta has embraced.

It's all context here, this kind of game is the last kind of one you should be saying **** night actions when there is gonna be a lot of **** going on during the day or at night.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Guidelines to Not Helping Scum Win
1. Dayplay will always outweigh night actions. If you disagree, start playing here instead.

2. There will be no concern for claims this game. They more often than not serve to help scum manipulate Town.

4. There will be no unwarranted townreads and you will actually put thought into who you believe is innocent. This lends itself to preventing Town players from whiteknighting scum and/or playing like another member of their team.

5. There will be no use of the phrase "RVS" because it serves no useful purpose towards helping Town win and the fact that it is a misnomer; many votes placed early in the game are not random. The most this term does is deprive people of accountability over doing stupid/scummy **** because it trivializes the actions done during this phase.

No discussion about this post. Do not quote it. Do not talk about it. Do not spin your wrong opinion into it trying to bait me into a fruitless argument that will not find scum. Just do it understanding that they are good for Town or enjoy helping the scumbags win. There is a reason I am posting this now instead of on D1.

It is time to break the shackles and free ourselves from the mental slavery the meta has embraced.
Damn Sworddancer going IN. Ya know... cuz this is the Sworddancer head and not the marshy head right? Cuz... well... capital letters.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh and agreed that #3 is the only ******** one of the whole bunch. I understand that it works well with the whole #4 retardedness but I'll be damned (more often than not) if I just let a town read get pressured into the ground or HBC'd into the ground. JTB DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE FOR HIS PLAY IN TRANQUILITY. KANTRIP DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE IN MMU. These are lynches town just defaulted to because... They felt like it?

Revised 3. There will be no whiteknighting players you feel are BOTH a) not actually approaching a lynch and b) not town. If you feel a player is being sorely misrepresented by a majority of players and also feel that there is a better direction that the majority of town can go, whiteknight the living **** out of the player that town feels deserves death, cuz as confident as town may seem they don't know the alignment of that player. Period.

Oh and also gg's everybody on blatantly disregarding the line about not discussing this post.

#HBC | Gorf

Hey Ruy that doesn't mean that every other rule shouldn't be obliged those are ACTUALLY some of the reasons why town loses games more often than not. 1, 2, 4 and 5 all have credibility and you should at least try to oblige by them.

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.

Annnnnd Gorf with the alley oop! I disagree with the revision but if the masses are more receptive to that version then it is a step in the right direction.

Man, there really needs to start being postblocker roles around here. One day!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hey Ruy that doesn't mean that every other rule shouldn't be obliged those are ACTUALLY some of the reasons why town loses games more often than not. 1, 2, 4 and 5 all have credibility and you should at least try to oblige by them.
lets lynch PJB!

But he was roleblocker!

Do it anyways! Ok, whoops he was town. Should have looked outside that pool.

~

Let's lynch scary in GES4!

But he claimed roleblocker so he has to be town in an open set-up.

Lynch of play anyways!

~

The claim one is stupid because it depends on context.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
New rule:

everyone listens to OS and we lynch whoever doesn't.

It's genius, because we already know who will and won't. So we just kill anyone who deviates from what we already know.

Even MORE genius is that no one knows what I know that they know if they don't know that I know that they know, so I can kill anyone I want.

Mwahahahahaa

</outloud>

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.
lets lynch PJB!

But he was roleblocker!

Do it anyways! Ok, whoops he was town. Should have looked outside that pool.

~

Let's lynch scary in GES4!

But he claimed roleblocker so he has to be town in an open set-up.

Lynch of play anyways!

~

The claim one is stupid because it depends on context.
Yes Ruy. Let's have everyone who claims a power role live because they might be important. Brilliant.

Not really. Have you ever played a game where a Town power role has died and their side won anyway? So have I. Guess why? Because any mod worth his salt will not revolve Town's success around one role. Him claiming roleblocker in the first example has nothing to do with his alignment. If he played like scum and got himself killed then that is on him. Otherwise you just let every power role claim live because "Oh no! He might be important!". Scum claim (and legitimately have) power roles for this exact reason. How many times does Town on this site have to fall flat on their face justifying letting a scummy player live or giving them a pass for a claim before we man up and hold them accountable for their garbage play?

The second example does not apply to this game. This is not an open setup. You are arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point and I refuse to let you pollute this game with ****posts unchallenged before it even begins.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes Ruy. Let's have everyone who claims a power role live because they might be important. Brilliant.

Not really. Have you ever played a game where a Town power role has died and their side won anyway? So have I. Guess why? Because any mod worth his salt will not revolve Town's success around one role. Him claiming roleblocker in the first example has nothing to do with his alignment. If he played like scum and got himself killed then that is on him. Otherwise you just let every power role claim live because "Oh no! He might be important!". Scum claim (and legitimately have) power roles for this exact reason. How many times does Town on this site have to fall flat on their face justifying letting a scummy player live or giving them a pass for a claim before we man up and hold them accountable for their garbage play?

The second example does not apply to this game. This is not an open setup. You are arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point and I refuse to let you pollute this game with ****posts unchallenged before it even begins.
I never said let then off the hook and get away with ****ty play.

Class claims this game are null in itself unless you read them with play.

PJBs is absolutely valid, it didn't clear him but we had a pool of 5 in which sent the kill out. I claimed it not him, Soup claimed Raz didn't act. That is something to narrow down and look at ever more so when I read soup as town. His lynch that day was terrible, we should have lynched in the pool of 5 who could have sent the kill out. Yes he had ****ty play, but those claims gave a damn good reason to look at the other 5.

Second is totally applicable, you constantly say **** claims to the point where it is absurd. You say this in open set-ups where he has to be town with that claim unless cc'd unless you think he is fishing, and in that set-up counter claiming was a terrible idea.

There is a time to say **** claims, and I will do it here to class claims here unless there is more to it. I will not trash every game that pops up I will consider it with play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Can we not start asinine wall posting before the game starts? I don't get why marshy made that post because people are gonna play the way people are gonna play. I think it was more of a "recommendation list/what marshy would like" thing. Plus it totally could have waited till D1 actually began.

Anyways, listen to OS, stop posting and chill till Gova starts.

#HBC | Gorf

No but like it can't have waited till D1 start because it'd actually be impeding progression of reads so might as well prep to NOT impede in that before the game starts ya?

PJB needed to die. Literally everyone was scum reading him and being RB'd didn't not make him scum. Oh an this isn't an open setup so **** claims applies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is a time and a place to say **** claims. Blankety doing it in all cases is dumb, even in closed set-ups.

Marshy's #2 is half dumb. #3 is pure dumb.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
I'm open to considering claims, but I prefer to look at Dayplay (before roles) if I'm ever flabbergasted. Sure we might want to know the setup but we shouldn't bank on it, I think that's what Marshy wants to avoid and can understand that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I actually googled to see if I could find anything you might be crumbing because chuck is such a strange word to use.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Red "Claim Pls" Ruy goin' in again, chuckin' his opinion at marshy like it's some kinda deal.

alternatively

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Mod: That "Did you intentionally reverse the Ninja's restriction" question is still out there and I'd really like to know.

#HBC | Gorf

No **** he intentionally reversed it. His acknowledging that you've asked and not changing it should have been the hint.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No **** he intentionally reversed it. His acknowledging that you've asked and not changing it should have been the hint.
Anyone with a question on how a role works should ask it ASAP.
He didn't say anything that meant he understood the question and hasn't posted since I explained it better though, and he's misunderstood my questions before. It's extremely frustrating to feel like the mod doesn't understand what you're asking, but if there's a chance he doesn't (and it seems like he doesn't) then I have to keep asking.

See: When I asked if he actually meant "day" about the White Monk's first ability and he didn't understand; then Ryu asked him a question about the role later and he changed it to exactly what I was asking about before.

*stubbornest person in the entire world*

Literally all Gova has to say is "Yes I reversed the goal of the restriction and want Ninjas to post a lot now" or "No it's intended to be a low posting restriction and I made a typo". It's not hard and I don't think it's too much to ask of the mod for something that could randomly kill someone in the game if it's a typo.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

Umm... What's written is what the rules are, you told him about it I'm sure he knows what you're talking about. It's just... Like you can ask him in PM for that, you don't NEED to do this in thread.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't want anyone to miss the memo and wind up dead for it though.

Like I think he thinks I'm asking him because he changed it to a number and just blew me off, and that's not what I'm worried about.

In retrospect I definitely could have asked these in PM form, but it's too late to do that now. I didn't know it was going to be a drawn out process and now I feel like "that guy", but I just have to stick with it in case he actually was misunderstanding me and would have to change it later/have someone die or the whole thing will have been pointless as irritating as it is.

Please don't hate me Gova :u

Last edited:
Top Bottom