• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have a feeling I am gonna cry. I won't understand anything, even my own role. :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have a feeling I am gonna cry. I won't understand anything, even my own role. :(

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
All Role PM's have been sent out. Confirm via PM; not in thread please.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I found an ability combo question that made Gova make a "no you can't do that shiz get out" judgement call. I give myself a personal power gamer: "mission accomplished" for straining the system.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
There's lots of that. But let's refrain from posting until the game starts.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Updates for the Ninja restriction and White Monk Lv.1 ability have been made. Please read.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@mod

If a player is targeted by an ability that puts his action on top of the NAR and an ability that puts him at the bottom of the NAR in the same Night, which will take top priority? Will they cancel each other?

:059:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The last action to affect the person will take priority. For example if someone is hasted and then slowed; they will be slowed for that night.

Also changes to the ninja role have been made in bold.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Idk; whenever I feel like it's starting to take too long. Some people haven't even looked at their Role PM's yet.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's fine; hopefully everyone will have been on by then.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The last action to affect the person will take priority. For example if someone is hasted and then slowed; they will be slowed for that night.

Also changes to the ninja role have been made in bold.
So you mean the last action to be sent in to you... or...

Because if it's just the last action sent to you we might be in for a bunch of full length night phases where people hold their actions till the last second "to be sure". It'd probably make more sense to make them cancel.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He obviously means "last in NAR", the because the latter is utter nonsense.

Which means, by inference, that Haste fires before Slow in the NAR.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
He obviously means "last in NAR", the because the latter is utter nonsense.

Which means, by inference, that Haste fires before Slow in the NAR.
Hey man, you weren't here when all the typos and duplicity were still in the OP. Gova could mean whatever he feels like if he isn't specific. That's why I've got to ask these things until he gives an answer that can't possibly have a different interpretation. He should mean in the NAR, but he didn't say in the NAR.

You can't take things for granted in the NAR like haste before slow either. Slow could be hasted and haste could be slowed. So no "obviously" please if you aren't the Mod. I know I've been asking a lot of questions and most of them have had the "obvious" answers, but this is a non-standard game and some of them haven't had those obvious answers as the reply. For that reason I have to continue to ask the "dumb" questions and I'd prefer you let Gova tell me what he needs to.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK, thanks I had to be sure this was all still talking about the NAR.

Also confirm that Ninja's restriction is truly supposed to be "at least 20 posts" instead of "no more than 20 posts"?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man it's not my fault that Gova seems to like potential typos. The Ninja restriction used to be posting a low amount, now it's an "at least", I've gotta question these things if no one else will. :glare:

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah but I mean you don't have to question things that don't matter. The old restriction was no longer possible so it had to be changed.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh yeah it matters to people who might be Ninjas.

There's a big difference between

"You must not be the most active 3 posters"

and

"you must post at least 20 times"

That's a complete reversal of restriction intent from being forced to post very little to being forced to post at least a somewhat large amount. I have to know if that's intentional.

*extremely frustrated*

EDIT: To be extremely, crystal, clear: This is not about the fact that you changed it from a relative measurement to a specific post count because you could no longer easily see the post counts people had. I get that.

This is because you changed the restriction from being one that encouraged low amounts of posting, to one that encourages high amounts of posting and I need to know if that was intentional. So it isn't a question that "Doesn't matter". It matters a lot, and I'm just trying to help :<

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i have to think more reading through this ****ing role list than i do dayphases

good gorf

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Making this setup the first time took many, many, many hours to balance. More than I normally allow myself for making mafia setups. Normally my strategy is "make a rough outline with a goal and theme in mind, then come back to it a bit before the game starts. Fix it and balance it with a fresh mind."

Tactics? Kept coming back to it and editing for days.

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.
Guidelines to Not Helping Scum Win
1. Dayplay will always outweigh night actions. If you disagree, start playing here instead.

2. There will be no concern for claims this game. They more often than not serve to help scum manipulate Town.

3. There will be no whiteknighting. If someone is getting hardbodied or pressured, nobody cares that you have an opinion that speaks kindly of the target. Keep your mouth shut. They got themselves there for a reason and you do not need to do the work for scum.

4. There will be no unwarranted townreads and you will actually put thought into who you believe is innocent. This lends itself to preventing Town players from whiteknighting scum and/or playing like another member of their team.

5. There will be no use of the phrase "RVS" because it serves no useful purpose towards helping Town win and the fact that it is a misnomer; many votes placed early in the game are not random. The most this term does is deprive people of accountability over doing stupid/scummy **** because it trivializes the actions done during this phase.

No discussion about this post. Do not quote it. Do not talk about it. Do not spin your wrong opinion into it trying to bait me into a fruitless argument that will not find scum. Just do it understanding that they are good for Town or enjoy helping the scumbags win. There is a reason I am posting this now instead of on D1.

It is time to break the shackles and free ourselves from the mental slavery the meta has embraced.

Top Bottom