• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude you realize we have been here for almost 3 years right? I was a sophore/junior when I started and now I'm almost a junior in college. Time flies.

Anyways, back to game, Gorf, tell me any read you like a talk about it for me. Preferably one that revolves around a popular name, but I'll take anything. Is the dabuz push legit or just "too legit to quit"?
Dude yea I think I was a freshmen when I started playing here. Time flies mang lol.

I'll get back to you after work bruh

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
...nvm it says divisible, not ends in, that's weaker.

Don't be ignorant of Thief though. No sense in being blindsided.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you make a post that says Gheb is scummy for trying to clear us and shows he had prior knowledge, though I don't see where is this the case over him just trying to be Chibo about this.

then you make a big deal about how Washed handling Gheb is bad, but then you go, "Oh this is still cool I'll vote him as well"

I can't put my finger on why but I don't like this kind of flow of thought.
..... Us?

So you admit your reasons for voting him are pretty bad and just anti-town but instead of looking around for actually scummy behavior you try and play hard ball on why you voted til here.

Vote: Jdietz
Which head is this.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm... I mean aside from the little connection implication I can see where you're coming from. I'm town reading your slot too, so I'll default my dabuz read onto you. Truth be told, I hate tryna get a read on em, so if you're game for a plan I'll be game.

There's a problem though. I'm voteless. I went ahead and proved it in the first vote count. The reason I was mod voted is cuz I voted. It has to do with a part of my role but I'm not gonna get into that in detail in thread. I'll support you but I'm kinda useless for a vote block.
In that case why do you have one modvote instead of three?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Town PR Town PR : Does the fact that Gheb has played mafia for over 5 years and has potentially the most games played here besides Ryker hydras change your thoughts on his attempted clear?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone keep linking to Laundry's profile page

Nabe, you haven't answered questions or taken your task of finding the double voters for classification

Thief level 2 is powerful but transparent. If someone uses Thief level 2, the response will be "Okay, not voting?" 90% of the time unless that guy claims super fast.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
You right, you right, but why Town PR?
Because he smells like grime and is less easy to read than Nabe

who also smells like grime

Nabe post more

answer some q's

ask some q's of your own

quit the sideline stuff, we need you dead or playing

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
That was what I was referring to in the post I made already. IE his reputation.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
I don't understand, do you think that how much mafia Gheb has played is new information? How is that not exactly what I talked about already in that he has a reputation for being not only good at mafia but highly experienced?

Maybe that wasn't clear.

Gheb's reputation is that he played a lot of mafia. That is what I meant already.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
You're right I didn't, and don't have one yet. I made it clear that I couldn't tell which point to pursue based on the information given in that post. Can I just link back to that?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
In your original post you seemed unsure of it:

I've played very few games with you, so I don't know how often you make mistakes like this
I assured you so I want to know if that changed your opinion. ---

@Ninja: Okay then. I find it kind of hard to swallow that you have so much to talk about around Gheb's action and even give a stance on what you think happened with him, but won't give an estimate as to why.

Hell the second part of your 414 is blatantly and admittedly not answering to the purpose of one of your previous questions when Gheb asks. I feel like you're treating him oddly

Vote: Town PR

Would you be comfortable lynching Gheb today?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find myself agreeing with most of what @ Town PR Town PR has said so far, except for his vote on Dietz. There's one thing I am curious about though. He asked Dietz: "Does this situation mean Gheb is scum? Are you sure that's why WL is voting him?" I'd like to ask you how you think I have interpreted WL's play so far and how you feel about him as a result.

:059:
Can you explain what parts of what he's said you've liked so far?

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Knowing Gheb is a strong player doesn't mean I know every detail about his play. I don't have a doctorate in Ghebology, I just sat in on a lecture once that had some reputable people saying he was. Also I think you're misreading my response to Gheb, I DID respond to him after I clarified a point that wasn't part of his question.

At the moment, no, I'm not willing to lynch Gheb. My only gripe against Gheb is something that doesn't mean ANYTHING on its own, other than being something that will help create a bigger picture as the game goes on.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You talked about how you felt on WL, but wasn't Gheb's question more about Gheb's opinion? Moreover you speak much more about Dabuz and your read on him than actual content from Washed. You said you agreed with how he was thinking, but not specifics. I assume Dabuz was one point, what are the others?

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
I didn't explicitly say that, true, but I didn't think I'd have to. Gheb thinks Laundry is scum, I do not. It should be pretty straightforward that those are different opinions.

The biggest thing was when he asked RR to boil his argument down to why it was incriminating irt dabutz. I don't completely agree with his logic behind that making dabuz town, but I do agree that its more of a town tell than it is a scum tell.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Where is your head at?
voting gheb for trying to clear himself OR for supporting voteblocking roles or w/e is dumb. it's not scummy.

unvote

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage you said he would get salty and readable and you were wrong /: lame wagon.

this is legitimately one of the ****tiest d1s ive had the misfortune of being forced to partake. why the **** are *****s talking about claims and classes and centralizing discussion around that?
ah yes, a perfect example of a scumbag whining about extremely general things and not calling out specific people to look like he has the town's best interest while not making specific enemies nor providing anything constructive.

vote: nameless

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@Gheb: What did you state as your initial reasoning for wanting to clear OS/ Ryker? Feel free to just quote yourself (I just don't feel like reading back)

@ Dabuz Dabuz try voting someone else and see if it still counts as double.
Vote: Maximum Carnage (Before you or anyone asks, this vote is not me attempting to push you)

Yo, what do you mean by "good to pay attention to"? Knowing you read is awesome and all, but I'd like to know why that's good. What does it say about JDietz to you? What about it could be scummy in the future, if anything?

If you want me to I could go to pre-game and point out all the question JD asked the mod about classes and abilities but I don't think that contributes to your read sooooo...it's just stuff that was good to know when picking out classes. Questions which could actually change an opinion on some classes or even make the mod have to rethink or reword some of the roles. To me it says Jdietz is thinking about mechanics quite heavily, considering most (if not all) of JD's questions came before role PMs were even sent out. I can't think of anything specific about that which could be scummy in the future.
Also, I skimmed your walls right now since I didn't see the link to the previous FFT mafia game, and I still I don't see it. Mind linking it again?

I propose it is time for....

That's right that's right. We're making our OWN team!

Maximum Carnage as himself
Gorf as Venom
Dabuz as Spiderman

ScaryLB59 as the guy who just sheeps our vote without question

We want YOU

As a voting block of 4 we hold 5 votes, over half needed for any phase in the game. We CAN beat scum!

Join us.

Also @mod request fix of player list on first page, it has R's in everyone's name for no reason. Makes it difficult to look through player list when making reads.
I'm sold under one request, I want @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf to explain why he doesn't/ didn't like my slot.

People are aware this is more so why I am bothered by Dabuz, right?

This reaction is something to look into and what follows.
Pretty sure the RR head said this. Look past the opening of this game, are you bothered by anything else?

I hate this vote.
(406)

Why?

And this right after.
(407)

Why?

So you admit your reasons for voting him are pretty bad and just anti-town but instead of looking around for actually scummy behavior you try and play hard ball on why you voted til here.

Vote: Jdietz
(409)

How does this make Jdietz' vote bad? More specifically, is there anything scummy about JDs' vote?

@ Town PR Town PR Can you give me your read on Gheb and why? This is very important.

>"Extremely lurky"
>Said in post made exactly 24 hours after the start of the game

I apologize. I will never again attempt to engage a player's interest for interest's sake in D1.
If you had to lynch a player right now, who would it be?

Wow that was much less work than I thought it would be, I could have done that way earlier.

Why did you specifically limit him to anti-town and scummy instead of leaving it open ended?
What's the intent of this post?

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Null, maybe slight scum lean. I made that post because I was answering a question directed at me and am curious as to why J did that.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't explicitly say that, true, but I didn't think I'd have to. Gheb thinks Laundry is scum, I do not. It should be pretty straightforward that those are different opinions.

The biggest thing was when he asked RR to boil his argument down to why it was incriminating irt dabutz. I don't completely agree with his logic behind that making dabuz town, but I do agree that its more of a town tell than it is a scum tell.
Ok, that's fair. I'd be lying if I said I thought Dabuz was the correct direction for today as well.

Unvote

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Null, maybe slight scum lean. I made that post because I was answering a question directed at me and am curious as to why J did that.

I don't understand why you approached Jdietz the way you did if you have a null with maybe a scumlean on Gheb.

I can infer you thought Jdietz pressure vote on Gheb was baseless, and that's fair enough. However if you are null on Gheb, and presumably were at the time of questioning Jdietz (if you weren't, then explain), I don't see why you would interfere with JD pressuring Gheb. You get a better read on Gheb based on his response or lack thereof to the vote then you have more to pressure Jdietz on...it's literally a win win for town. What you did was pressure Jdietz but I don't see any strong conclusions you came to nor any specific reason as to what you didn't like about Jdietz when starting the pressure, I just see this very vague:

I want to understand why you're doing the things you're doing because right now I can't rationally explain it.
I don't see what you as a townie would be trying to do in that scenario.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
My questioning of Jdeitz had NOTHING to do with my gheb read, it had EVERYTHING to do with the his reasoning behind it. I didn't do it because well gosh Gheb is just such a swell guy that I can't stand to see him voted for at all.

Also, did you REALLY just say you can't understand why a townie would want to understand why someone is doing something that doesn't make sense to them?

And Jdietz, please show me where that's not the same. I said I wasn't willing to lynch Gheb, not what my read was on him.

Seriously where are the other players in this game I am really getting tired of these shenanigans of re-explaining things that should be pretty obvious from the get go. Am I using too many words? Do I need to simplify my writing style?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Jdietz, please show me where that's not the same. I said I wasn't willing to lynch Gheb, not what my read was on him.

You told me you had NO read on Gheb and weren't willing to lynch him. Now you're saying you'd maybe call it a scum lean. You lynch scum leans.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe Nabe Nabe : B why so timid turtle
You being incessant is why I haven't been arsed to respond to you, at all. And when I'm not here, surprisingly enough, I'm not here.

The game is very recently underway. Stop using my name as a catchphrase and wagging your **** around, as if you've caught me twigging the thread every five minutes and feel the need to personally stamp it on my forehead with a squishy slap. Being aggressive for the sake of aggressive and annoying for the sake of annoying impairs anybody reading you, and that's the point if scum, while as town you'd be seeing it as a clever joke: meeting the expectations that other people have of an OS/Ryker hydra, and in doing so subverting the system because, in your eyes, your play is always a persona tailored to the game anyway. Well, yomi be damned, because there is no nuance to a slap in the face.

You and I both know who the double voters were on dabuz if any, and I know that you think it's terribly cute putting it as a question to me, and why you think as much, and if only knowing made you palatable by the pleasure. I'll take a pass on the mystery; frankly, I wish I'd known when it was going down so I could have been an additive influence.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
My questioning of Jdeitz had NOTHING to do with my gheb read, it had EVERYTHING to do with the his reasoning behind it. I didn't do it because well gosh Gheb is just such a swell guy that I can't stand to see him voted for at all.

Also, did you REALLY just say you can't understand why a townie would want to understand why someone is doing something that doesn't make sense to them?
The problem is why you would approach Jdietz the way you did. You felt like the vote on Gheb was baseless, but I don't see any conclusions you got from drawing that out of Jdietz. I don't see how you were helping town or furthering your reads by blocking JD's pressure. I also don't understand this:

Does this situation mean Gheb is scum? Are you sure that's why WL is voting him?
Again, this game is less than 24 hours in. I've been at work since about an hour ago.

I'm asking these questions because your motives and assertions don't make sense to me. You claim Laundry is voting based off your pressure, but I see no evidence that he's basing ANYTHING off of that. In fact his post leads me to believe he's pushing off of something else entirely. But you didn't even consider that, you just tack him onto your ideas and roll with it.

Answer my questions, you've very clearly demonstrated you CAN'T justify not answering them from a town mentality as you've conveniently not noticed it the two times I've asked now. I will be happy to weigh in (and spoiler, maybe even justify my reads!) after you decide to play the game here.
Was Jdietz scummy for tacking WL as using his reasoning? Was Jdietz doing anything scummy when you started pressuring him or was it null but something you didn't really understand?

In fact, what's your read of Jdietz?

This post is also irking me

It's more of a gut thing but you went so overboard when Gheb responded to you...like it just looks way exaggerated.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Nameless (1) Vult
2. Raziek ()
3. Maximum Carnage (2) Dabuz, Dabuz
4. WashedLaundry (1) Gheb
5. Detective Sherlock Hound ()
6. J ()
7. Gorf (1) MOD
8. Dabunz (2) Nameless, Nameless
9. LBScary59 ()
10. Town PR (1) Jdietz
11. Jdietz43 (3) Scary, TPR, DSH
12. Gheb_01 (2) WL, MC
13. Nabe ()
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Raziek, Nabe, Gorf, J

With 14 playing it takes 8 to lynch!

Deadline is February 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also Scary I see you've been viewing for awhile. Do you have any takes on this?

(Is your vote on me leftover from RVS, or has it gained legitimacy)

Top Bottom