• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
While we're at it, vote-blocking is inherently anti-town in nature because it will block town's vote more often than not and infringe upon the natural majority that town needs to win the game. It's not a role I'd hand town.

That said, in a game where players can willingly select voteblocking powers via the basic roles, it is null like Gheb admits. Not because of the role itself but simply due to the availability of it.
Random chance says it will hit town more often. That doesn't make it anti-town in nature.

That doesn't mean the role itself is anti-town. It can be used to be pro-town by blocking the pull scum has on the day phase.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
I wanted to talk to Ruy about it first before I moved it. I saw it as town because of the fact that if he's scum, he'd be talking to other players and they would point out marshy's in the game as a hydra, would they not? You're right that it's probably null, but that was my thought process.
[/quote]

This isn't necessarily true.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
I think this is the crux of why. I think it does change with alignment. Your priorities shift and so does your perception of events and tactics and that sometimes reflects in what your opinions are at a given time.

That said I'm not really interested in defending the merits of mechanics talk, that **** is already done, talk to me about Dabuz and Gheb and if you think they were more apt to talk to me about it as a way to distract from their wagons or not. Otherwise I don't care
This only holds true if the mechanic is unbalanced or the answer is obvious and someone asnwers wrong.

Voteblocking is not an obvious answer.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
page 9 snip
So you make a post that says Gheb is scummy for trying to clear us and shows he had prior knowledge, though I don't see where is this the case over him just trying to be Chibo about this.

then you make a big deal about how Washed handling Gheb is bad, but then you go, "Oh this is still cool I'll vote him as well"

I can't put my finger on why but I don't like this kind of flow of thought.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
More anti-town than actually scummy. He had reasonable reasons to want to ask them even if they screwed us up doing so.

If he never gets back to us on Gheb, and if Gheb turns up scum... then maybe we'll have something to worry about.
So you admit your reasons for voting him are pretty bad and just anti-town but instead of looking around for actually scummy behavior you try and play hard ball on why you voted til here.

Vote: Jdietz

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
If he's scum he's trying really hard to be openly non-confrontational.

Think of the implications of he is scum. His play has been active in a game that would allow you to just kind of hide like Town PR and Nabe are doing. Yeah, he's on the sidelines, but he's not hiding. He's actually reading (I checked with a giant friggin wall) and doin' stuff.

If he's scum, his team isn't working together very well. Now he might be scum if you're also scum and you wanted to stay separate from him. That I could see, that'd be a strong connection. But I'm sure that's not the case, that'd be silly.

Besides, I'm going to pick the lynch today if Nameless doesn't step up. I'm just offering you a place on the initial push.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hmm... I mean aside from the little connection implication I can see where you're coming from. I'm town reading your slot too, so I'll default my dabuz read onto you. Truth be told, I hate tryna get a read on em, so if you're game for a plan I'll be game.

There's a problem though. I'm voteless. I went ahead and proved it in the first vote count. The reason I was mod voted is cuz I voted. It has to do with a part of my role but I'm not gonna get into that in detail in thread. I'll support you but I'm kinda useless for a vote block.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
@@[USER=234866]Town PR

Yes, I have forgotten about that. You are right and I acknowledge the fact that I cannot be considered cleared at this point.
[/USER]

That's ... really not the answer I saw coming. I have a REALLY hard time swallowing that a player with your reputation would commit to something that you admit you knew could have gotten you modkilled without even considering something as commonplace as giving scum town's wincon. Its not in every game, but its certainly been done enough in the past. Had you claimed that you were completely ignorant to this aspect I would have had a lot more understanding, but not just forgetting.

I've played very few games with you, so I don't know how often you make mistakes like this. I will say my impression of you based off your other posts is one of someone who takes great care to make sure their plans work out, which is why this sits so poorly with me.

BUT GLYPH (and Ran) WHAT DOES THIS [I]MEAN[/I].

The most likely answer is Gheb really DID just forget. Hey no one's perfect, people don't always think things through. But I also won't rule out that if a scumGheb received a role PM with the town wincon in it and saw a juicy chance to 'clear' himself and has no other defense to back that up other than 'I forgot'. This is ESPECIALLY concerning thanks to...

[quote="Gova, post: 16327701, member: 123325"]Yeah; that ain't gonna fly.

All players are aware of the same town win condition.[/quote]

Bowmp! All players are confirmed to have the town wincon.

Ok so there's that.

[quote="Gheb_01, post: 16333663, member: 120558"]I find myself agreeing with most of what @[USER=234866]Town PR
has said so far, except for his vote on Dietz. There's one thing I am curious about though. He asked Dietz: "Does this situation mean Gheb is scum? Are you sure that's why WL is voting him?" I'd like to ask you how you think I have interpreted WL's play so far and how you feel about him as a result.

:059:[/quote]

WL's play has been one that my thoughts have lined up with very well thus far. Possibly the most so in the game. In fact I'm going to be bold and say I even agree with his town read on Dabuz. ScumDabuz would have been discussing the game with scummates beforehand and would have REALLY had no excuse to not know who was in what hydra. This is also very contingent on Dabuz's forgetfulness being legitimate, which I believe it is. Its a very flimsy read but its better than the null I have on pretty much everyone else in the game thus far.

But that's not your question. I like the way he's thinking and I want people around that are going to make things happen. Yesterday I was reading the thread at work and texting Ran what I wanted posted, only to find Laundry had already given it a voice. In fact he should visit me tonight for a sexy surprise ;)

I'd say town read on Laundry as well.

Note that I haven't addressed anything from the OS/Ryker posts because I know its going to take some time to get that put together and I've got to leave pretty soon. I will get it taken care of in a few hours when I get back.[/user]

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
I..... guess that first part is secretly all about Laundry? I don't get this new formatting junk at all.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I mean aside from the little connection implication I can see where you're coming from. I'm town reading your slot too, so I'll default my dabuz read onto you. Truth be told, I hate tryna get a read on em, so if you're game for a plan I'll be game.

There's a problem though. I'm voteless. I went ahead and proved it in the first vote count. The reason I was mod voted is cuz I voted. It has to do with a part of my role but I'm not gonna get into that in detail in thread. I'll support you but I'm kinda useless for a vote block.
Useless for a voting block? Oh ho ho, no I don't think so. I think you'll do just fine.

Whydja go out of the way to say you didn't want to join in the first place? You could have just said "I can't vote", that would have been much clearer.

But that's not your question. I like the way he's thinking and I want people around that are going to make things happen. Yesterday I was reading the thread at work and texting Ran what I wanted posted, only to find Laundry had already given it a voice. In fact he should visit me tonight for a sexy surprise ;)
Who else wants to lynch Town PR

because I want to lynch Town PR

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Carnage said:
Useless for a voting block? Oh ho ho, no I don't think so. I think you'll do just fine.

Whydja go out of the way to say you didn't want to join in the first place? You could have just said "I can't vote", that would have been much clearer.
I was kinda ambivalent about talking about my being voteless cuz I honestly didn't think it was important, and didn't wanna centralize on that lol. Also, in the frame of mind I had I didn't wanna establish a vote block with dabuz, somebody that is cool to lynch early. But honestly yea if you got a role for me to play bro I'll bite :smirk:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote @WashedLaundry

That's where I would push right now if a lynch were to be decided upon soon.
Really? I mean, really? How is this anything but an OMGUS vote on WL base on him harping on you and voting you to add pressure to you? Plus if you feel that way about WL, you should pretty much feel the complete exact way about me, yet there is no mention of myself in your post. If you have a scum-read on WL, then what is your read on me? You say that a big reason that you are voting him is because of him calling you out on the MC talk in your first paragraph about your vote. However, you do not say that what he does is indirectly scummy, what you do say, however, is that it is "bad".

This is bad because you claim a.) that my reasoning is insufficient and b.) that I have ignored your requests to elaborate. The latter simply isn't true and the former is something you have yet to elabrate on. I on the other hand have told you literally everything there is about my reasoning so it is you who has some explaining to do right now. Either tell me what it is that you want me to explain or admit that your point is trash.
Mind you, the root of your entire argument is that I've tried to clear somebody. You've constructed your argument in a manner that makes such actions look anti-town. That's absurd. Even if I were scum and you had a decent argument, this point is nothing but a null tell. You've blown it way out of proportion.

* You were among the people who mentioned my involvement in the "mechanics" debate. I've mentioned in my previous post why that's nothing to read me as suspicious for. It's another null tell, though some people will maybe argue that it's pro-town of me to make it clear that claims and voteblocking are null in this game. I wouldn't say that but it's not a scum-tell in either case.

:059:
The bolded bit is the part I want to focus on here because you are not looking for scum in your case towards WL, moreover, you are just trying to point out where he is "wrong" in your PoV/logic and because of this, he deserves your vote. This is why I do not get your play this game because it is not coming from a Town PoV, but more of a self-preservation point of view.

I'm actually continuing to continue on that point more. The reason I feel you are more self-preservistic is going on what I said earlier where I do not get your town PoV by trying to clear MC and have a "town alliance" with them so that you may be able to further stay alive in the game to be able to do things. That doesn't smell of you wanting to help town but more just you trying to help yourself to living longer in the game. Then there is this vote you did on WL and your reasoning behind it. It is not you trying to convince others that WL is scum, but more that you are trying to make sure that he knows that you think he is wrong and that he should be condemned to death by it if you were able to choose the lynch right now. You need to explain what about WL's play actually makes him scummy and actually let the other people of town know why he should be the lynch candidate over yourself. In fact, I would even take you just telling us why you are town and why you would be able to help us out more if you just clearly explained your motives behind your actions because the present time, people are not seeing what you are seeing. People cannot read your mind and know your intent so you have to clearly explain it to them, including myself.

So since I know you/your playstyle/stuff, tl;dr for you: Why is Washed SCUM and not BAD and why are you town, example: explain CLEARLY your motives behind the mechanics talk and the MC clear.

Wake up Gheb, wake the **** up, please.

Is Bravely Default any good? I've been looking for a good RPG since Last Odyssey but the Last Story didn't catch my attention and I typically avoid mobile RPGs.[/quote]

Bravely Default is really good. I think you would enjoy it especially if you like Final Fantasyesque games. The battle system is new and really good and just the art is so pretty.

While I have you, talk to me about why you choose Gorf/Dabuz/Scary? The picks head turning to say the least.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Who else wants to lynch Town PR

because I want to lynch Town PR
Hmmm, that's actually who I was thinking for lately, especially with his flurry of posts towards Ditzy and that terrible vote on him. I still need to re-read on it a bit before I put something concrete down, but consider me aboard for the time being.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was liking Sherlock's flurry of posts until Ditzy vote. Do not get, do not want. I get from his PoV but I am town-reading Ditzy a bit thus far and that is where my Town PR distaste stems from is that I am not getting the Ditzy hate. I'm also going back and forth on Town PR's 414 because I like it and I don't like it but I don't know which side is leaning the choice for me. I feel like a metronome.

For now, I am comfy with my vote not being anywhere because I see no one who really needs pressure from myself. Gheb wagon I disagree with and will only vote him out to stop a NL at this point and the dabuz wagon is laughable still. I want to see more Town PR vs. Ditzy because I feel that holds something so I may have questions regarding that in a bit.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmmm, that's actually who I was thinking for lately, especially with his flurry of posts towards Ditzy and that terrible vote on him. I still need to re-read on it a bit before I put something concrete down, but consider me aboard for the time being.
For now, I am comfy with my vote not being anywhere because I see no one who really needs pressure from myself.
Pointing this out because my wording is god awful, but, I support the investigation of Town PR for discussion but I am still not comfortable with my vote going on him quite yet. I feel I am mis-reading something in his debate with Ditzy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am an older player haha. That's how I have always done it though, it just helps me out.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dude you realize we have been here for almost 3 years right? I was a sophore/junior when I started and now I'm almost a junior in college. Time flies.

Anyways, back to game, Gorf, tell me any read you like a talk about it for me. Preferably one that revolves around a popular name, but I'll take anything. Is the dabuz push legit or just "too legit to quit"?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay, so by @ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage 's request, a real quick rundown of what I'd do if I was making flavor **** for this game. There's only a few characters who actually matter and everyone else is generic.

Marche: Yon protagonist. Very few defining features, as you can pretty much do whatever you want with him. Likely to be fairly similar to Ramza with one "mod-created" interesting ability.

Montblanc: Yon Moogle sidekick. Again, nothing all that special other than being involved in the plot.

Ritz: Yon "Borderline Romantic conflict" childhood friend of protagonist. Notable in having a Viera class set and pink hair, but that's about it. Is not in the main party for a large chunk of the game.

Shara: Essentially Ritz's Montblanc, generic sidekick.

Ezel Berbier: If this guy isn't in this game, I'll eat my hat. His plot point is the bulk of the middle part of the game. When the judges start getting oppressive (at Mewt's orders), Ezel creates anti-laws that dispel the laws the judges put in place. Since we have actual laws in effect.... yeah.

Cid Randell: Mewt's Dad, and the head judgemaster. He's a good guy. Controls the laws. Ditches Mewt after learning Ivalice isn't actually real from Marche.

Now, if I was putting together the mafia:

Mewt Randell: Creates the entire world because he's emo, then rules it as a whiny, ****** Prince. Antogonist.

Babus Swain: Personal assistant to Mewt, fights against the protag for most of the game, until an understanding is reached towards the end.

Llednar Twem (Literally Mewt Randell backwards): He's created as a foil to Mewt, and he basically rocks the socks off you every time you have to fight him. Absurdly powerful, seething pure hatred. "Llednar Twem is the embodiment of Mewt Randell's darker side, created by the Li-Grim to stop Marche Radiujufrom reverting the world back to normal. The Li-Grim places a Fortune Law on Llednar, rendering him invincible. Despite his invincibility, he fails to kill Marche three times."

If Llednar isn't mafia, he's my #1 pick for an Indy role.

Queen Remedi: Manisfestation of Mewt's dead mother, later revealed to actually be the Li-Grim, a manifestation of the wishes of people to keep Ivalice alive. The true antagonist, as she's behind everything related to trying to stop marche from turning the world back to normal.

If there a 3 mafia, it's Mewt, Babus and then 1 of Llednar or Remedi. Whichever of those 2 isn't Mafia is the Indy, if it exists.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
J and Sherlock, why the **** are you responding to my points against Laundry before he chimes in? You dumb or something?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Your question to Scary was something with, in all honesty, an obvious answer to anyone who isn't a complete newbie. I'd like you to say something. Your slot is extremely lurky and almost null content wise, I don't want that.
>"Extremely lurky"
>Said in post made exactly 24 hours after the start of the game

I apologize. I will never again attempt to engage a player's interest for interest's sake in D1.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why do you assume that I haven't read? You could've waited for him to answer before making that post. I'll respond to you anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, you've drawn some pretty strong conclusions from that case - and by "strong" I don't mean "good".

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
What question to Gheb

What question from Raz
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
Did you forget that some mods give scum the town wincon when a player attempts to clear another in public?

@ Raziek Raziek @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
Thoughts on the Dabuz Wagon? Any thoughts/suspicions?
Wow that was much less work than I thought it would be, I could have done that way earlier.

@Jdietz43: Does Town PR's vote/questioning of you scummy or is it more anti-town.
Why did you specifically limit him to anti-town and scummy instead of leaving it open ended?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
10% holding to a "I'm Carnage and I'm crazy" schtick
10% Overswarm
80% saying my name a lot in conjunction with synonyms for "intentionally quiet" just because you can

why god
100% dodge

Who you wanna lynch Nabe

whatcho thinkin

if you ain't thinkin of someone get a name in the hat or pick one at random

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage
Why do you want me to hop onto Town PR when it looks like you're pressuring Gheb?

Also, why do I have to be portrayed as a sheep in the voting block lol :happysheep:
Pressuring Gheb? Nah, just making him salty.

And let's not kid ourselves, you weren't planning on taking charge.

Top Bottom