• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
For that matter, what originally led him to including Marth and Roy in Melee?
Roy was put in to promote FE6 in Japan.

Marth was put in because FE was already an established popular IP/Franchise in Japan and Marth stared in the first 2 FE games, despite FE being a series were the main character is different every game.

FE: PoR had Ike as a main character, but RD he was no longer THE main character.

Only Marth has had the privilage.

Not only that, but the name of the series, "Fire Emblem" is an actual item that you can obtain in the first FE game, and the Falchion, Marth's sword, is the logo of FE symbol in Smash, as it's an important weapon for the story of FE 1. :V

It's cuz of those reasons that Roy is a clone of Marth.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Actually, I take it all back. If there's anything that Sakurai and Nintendo hate. It's fire. It MUST be fire.

-Roy had fire and was much worse than Marth in melee. He's also quite possibly the worst lord of the series and his only saving grace is the Sword of Seals...which matters very little because of his late promotion. Roy didn't make it into brawl as a playable character.

-Kirby was a great character in 64 and is decent in brawl. However, in melee he's a good contender for bottom tier. Do you all remember what his melee dash attack was? Yes, the burning kirby ability. Coincidence? I think not.

-Mario and Luigi have among the crappiest projectitles in the whole game. What are they? Fireballs. Bowser uses fire too, doesn't he? All three of those characters aren't all that good in brawl or melee. (Dr. Mario>Mario and he doesn't use fire). In fact, the only rep from the Mario series who can actually be called good doesn't use fire at all. And she manages to better than them in not only brawl and melee, but brawl+ too! Mario's final smash is also fairly lame and its just one big dodgeable fireball.

Did Zelda players even bother using Din's Fire in melee for serious edgeguarding? Was Din's fire a good move? It may have been buffed in brawl, but this mattered very little when you noticed that airdodges were buffed even more. This mattered even less when a majority of characters could simply attack through the Din's Fire, allowing Zelda to accomplish nothing.

-Young Link used Fire Arrows. Is Young Link a playable character in brawl?

-Both Venusaur and Blastoise were better pokeball pokemon than Charizard in melee. A Squirtle is better than Charizard in brawl. It also makes no sense how Squirtle is resistant to a nice number of attacks in the game and yet Charizard only resists Ivysuar.

-3/5 characters that King Dedede can infinite without a wall use fire attacks.

-Ness has gotten progressively worse every smash game. Ironically enough, the fire attack he uses doesn't even belong to him. Also, in the mother games, PK Fire is the weakest PSI attack you'll ever use.

-Lugia>Ho-oh in melee, brawl, and in the actual pokemon game. Ho-oh DOES have the better battle theme though. >_>

Jiggs, Fox, and Falco escaped the hate by being furries. This didn't save Jigglypuff in brawl and she had her fire stripped. Captain Falcon finally succumbed to the tyranny in brawl where even his incredible manliness had taken a nerf.

In Ocarina of Time, Koume, the fire witch is overall less harmful than Kotake, the ice witch. Same applies to the oracle games when you fight them. In Link to the Past, Trinexx' ice head is more dangerous due to it freezing the floor permanantly.

-The existence of Stealth Rock in pokemon. Entei is the worst of his trio and doesn't learn flare blitz despite his superior attack power. Moltres doesn't learn any decent physical attacks either and looks like a rubber chicken. Flareon is the worst eveelution and also doesn't learn Flare Blitz despite having better attack power. Out of 493 pokemon, there are two fire pokemon that are actually used in the metagame. Fire Pokemon have no abilities to give them bonuses during sunny day while water pokemon actually do. The only pokemon to own the drought ability is a ground type (wtf?). Drizzle is owned by a water type.

-You know you will never gain back the time in your life you spent reading this.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
-Ness has gotten progressively worse every smash game. Ironically enough, the fire attack he uses doesn't even belong to him. Also, in the mother games, PK Fire is the weakest PSI attack you'll ever use.
Most of Ness's specials don't belong to him, only PK Flash does.

At least he isn't like Lucas, who borrowed all of his special moves from Kumatora.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i thought rope snake belonged to lucas?

or maybe it didn't

but it belonged to "VietGeek"

and VietGeek got it by trading some **** to some ghosts because money didnt exist yet

anyway moral of the story is ghost are shady merchants

sakurai wanted lucas in because he heard that he would obtain a rope snake in the storyline

rope snake > mr.saturn

Rudra

Smash Ace
N1n10D0h hates teh Ph1R3.
Only one small thing: While he was "spared", Falco lost his ability to perform sexy offscreen KOs with his Firebird =P

Everything else makes me :mad: though, especially SR (Pokemon), Squirtle resisting an already sucky element and Jiggly's vBrawl Rest.

-You know you will never gain back the time in your life you spent reading this.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
That's because that's all Metroid has ever been about. The only other choices were what? Ridley, Kraid, and Mother Brain?
*cough*DARK SAMUS!!!!!*cough* and Sakurai HATES Metroid, every other major Nintendo series has at least one playable character other than the main protagonist besides Metroid. Yet Metroid is the 2nd or 3rd most popular series Nintendo carries...hell, even Rundas would be a good character, because the only ice character is the Ice Climbers. That'd kill 2 birds with one stone

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
-The existence of Stealth Rock in pokemon. Entei is the worst of his trio and doesn't learn flare blitz despite his superior attack power. Moltres doesn't learn any decent physical attacks either and looks like a rubber chicken. Flareon is the worst eveelution and also doesn't learn Flare Blitz despite having better attack power. Out of 493 pokemon, there are two fire pokemon that are actually used in the metagame. Fire Pokemon have no abilities to give them bonuses during sunny day while water pokemon actually do. The only pokemon to own the drought ability is a ground type (wtf?). Drizzle is owned by a water type.
I'm a huge competitive Pokemon player.
And Stealth Rock is the single WORST thing that has ever existed in Pokemon.
Worse than Psychic in RBY.
Worse than Snorlax in GSC.
Worse than giving Scizor in Platinum.
It's just god awful.

The way it dictates what can and cannot be used is just disgusting. The only fire Pokemon you can use in Standard are Heatran and Infernape. And the only reason they can be used over otherwise good fire Pokemon is because they were blessed enough to take neutral damage from Stealth Rock. And while they see usage, things like Moltres or Charizard who are otherwise good Pokemon, get shafted because they can't switch without starting off with 50% health.

Yanmega is just bad. Excellent stats, amazing moves to go with those stats, a GREAT ability. What went wrong? Stealth Rock says it can't be used.

If you happen to be a flying, fire, bug or ice type consider yourself automatically out of Standard unless you fit into one of two categories:
Have a secondary type that neutralizes your weakness to rock (ie Infernape), or
Have such **** stats that people are willing to look the other way for you. ( ie Gyarados)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yeah Gyarados, Zapdos, and Salamence are probably the only pokemon who get away with having the SR weakness and still get used in standard (good job giving Zapdos Heat Wave Gamefreak). Anything else usually isn't worth it.

There's also the fact that most people use suicide leads now. Stuff like Azelf and Aerodactyl who taunt you to keep you from setting up SR, set up SR themselves, and then die. -1 pokemon is good enough for one move. I think that's saying something.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
u know what game i've been waiting for the most?

sonic dvd

where is that **** at ROFL

at least give me sonic blu-ray or something

but yeah been waiting for a sequel in a while

probably got scrapped like hd-dvd's tho

:048:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Who's been playing TF2 because they have a real man's gaming machine?

I went there.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Who's been playing TF2 because they have a real man's gaming machine?

I went there.
well, see, i prefer a computer that won't crash every time i open more than 2 applications at one time... plus that whole "no virus" thing. but no, no, you definitly have a better gaming computer... except that macs are more powerful and now are getting most of the games that i would even consider buying a pc for.

so yeah, good job.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The reason why the mac barely has any viruses is that no one gives a **** about the mac.

That's why it has like no anti-virus programs because it's not worth infecting.

Linux has more **** to deal with than Macs do.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
either way, it has better hardware and (by comparison) better software. its main restriction was that it couldn't read .exe files. now with the new steam, i see no reason to play games on a pc... why play on something that locks up every 10 minutes when i can use a comp that runs smoothly all the time?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Hey guys, whats going on?

Oh, someone spouting some tripe about Macs being better than PCs. Allow me to laugh raucously now.

But seriously, what makes a Mac so much better than a PC? From what I've seen, they're underused and overpriced, a very bad combo.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If your windows distro is locking up every 10 mins. Then you ****ed up. Hard.

And lol better hardware.

Windows/Linux have far greater and superior selection of hardware than the Mac does.

And lol better software. not really no.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
specifically? better use of processors, better hardware, less problems with OS freezing/crashing, runs PC programs better than PCs (not kidding), and if a part of OS X fails the entire system doesn't need to be shut down and re-booted. plus snow leopard takes up about 4 gigs as apposed to XP, or even 7 using at least 8 just for the OS.

edit: if it locks up after i wipe my HDD and install XP, then i don't really see how its any other problem besides the OS's.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The thing I really dislike about Mac computers is that they are far too overpriced.
The operating system can't be worth THAT much.
Hardware wise they just aren't too impressive. I built my own PC last year and its running Crysis at max settings even when I'm online. And I built it for so much cheaper than I could ever get for a Mac to come close. It's cheaper than most of the off the shelf Mac's with no customization.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
One. Mac is limited strictly to Intel proccessors. I'm not even sure if they're using the i7s yet. Maybe. But they can't even touch AMDs because of the chipset on the mobo.

Two. better hardware? Please. Alot of the high end stuff you can by is not exclusive to mac. Pretty much 99% of the hardware Mac uses, so can a PC. But you can't say the same when you reverse it.

Less problems with OS freezing and crashing? Less and less and less, that **** is happening. And as if Windows 7, BSODs are practically null.

And most of the time, BSODs are a result of the user and what ever he's adding to his machine.

I had my last XP build for over 6+ years. You know how many times I BSODs? 5. All 5 times due to drivers I installed, and 3 of those BSODs are from me being too lazy to fix the driver problem.

And lol @ Macs running PC programs better than PCs. The only way that's possible is if the Mac has overall better specs than a PC. That would never happen if the hardware was on the same level, because to run PC programs on a mac, you have to use a Virtual Machine which uses up more resources overall than just running the program on its native OS.

XP doesnt even take 7 gigs. Are you nuts? The Install disk isnt even that big. You can still burn XP on a **** CD. holy ****.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i used to have a PC. it was running fine until one day the screen flickered, it shut down and wouldn't restart. when i took it apart both the HDD were unusable, the motherboard was fried and even the power source was dead. this was all even when it was plugged into a power strip. i haven't had much faith in them since then, though i use a duel boot to run brawlbox/psa. every time i use the PC side fo my computer, though, it takes a good 10 minutes for aim to load, Internet Explorer makes my computer freeze for a good 5 minutes when it loads at start up (despite the fact that i've deleted it multiple times), i lose 25 gigs on my PC partitioned HDD despite only having a couple apps installed (a bit of a stretch, but its still more than any of the apps i have installed should be taking up), and finally, every media equivalent that PC has sucks in comparison to what the Mac has (i shouldn't have to listen to music on youtube just to be able to listen to the whole thing).

what part of a glitchy, unusable system should i be enjoying? the games? its hard to enjoy a game when the computer can't even keep it loaded (portal dies whenever i start a new game).

edit:
http://www.xoticpc.com/index.html

Just browse around the laptops on this website, and notice what you can get for what price.
my friend has one of those laptops... it freezes when he tries to increase the volume >_>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i dont know what the **** you're doing to your windows partition, but you're doing something wrong.

First, iirc, you cant delete IE completely from windows XP, nor vista, and probably 7 too due to having IE share important files with windows that are required to run. At least IIRC.

10 mins to load? What the **** do you have installed? You need to keep **** from loading up at start up. You know why some boot-ups takes extremely long for people? Because they have a ****ton of programs booting with windows, stressing out the CPU. I'm using outdated hardware and it takes 2 mins tops for my **** to be operational, and I'm using Windows 7 which is more intensive than XP.

Idk why you're even using IE as well. That **** is terribad and you should feel bad for using it. Use Chrome when you boot into windows if you're looking for a speedy browser.

25 gigs lost? That's probably because you allocated 25 gigs to windows. The installation itself is not taking 25 gigs.

Most mac users don't know that when you create a seperate partition for a secondary OS, you' have to allocate x amount of space.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
10 mins to load? What the **** do you have installed? You need to keep **** from loading up at start up. You know why some boot-ups takes extremely long for people? Because they have a ****ton of programs booting with windows, stressing out the CPU. I'm using outdated hardware and it takes 2 mins tops for my **** to be operational, and I'm using Windows 7 which is more intensive than XP.
i told you, i have brawlbox, psa, brstm converter, pretty much just brawl hacking related stuff on there + firefox and it still takes forever to load. when i load up my mac it starts instantly. i don't have to wait for all of these dumb apps that i never use to load up.

Idk why you're even using IE as well. That **** is terribad and you should feel bad for using it. Use Chrome when you boot into windows if you're looking for a speedy browser.
what part of "i've uninstalled it 3 times" are you not understanding? i know its a ****ty browser. but windows keeps loading it right back up every time i click a link in aim, despite the fact that i've made firefox my default.

25 gigs lost? That's probably because you allocated 25 gigs to windows. The installation itself is not taking 25 gigs.
my windows partition is 35 gigs. i now only have 9.5 gigs left.

Most mac users don't know that when you create a seperate partition for a secondary OS, you' have to allocate x amount of space.
do you really think i don't know this stuff? there is an automatic process that asks how much you want to allocate. there is a slider to determine how you want to partition the drive. how dare you assume anything about macs when you've clearly never used one before. have a HDD partitioned for use with my wii's backup launcher and as fat to store file. i have another drive that i use for 3 OSs. i am ver aware of how ****ing partitions work.

By those laptops, you mean the ones sold on this website, or a specific manufacturer?
my friend showed me that web site when he was pointing out which laptop he was getting. i don't know which one specifically, but i know his laptop freezes if you use the keyboard volume adjuster. another friend has a PC that blue screens whenever he hooks it up to an extra monitor. oh, and my roommate's PC freezes when he opens up too many tabs in firefox.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Maddox said it best

Maddox said:
1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, ***holes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
-lower caSe "S" key not working!!
-Menu bar keeps flashing
-I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumb***. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. **** you.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
well, see, i prefer a computer that won't crash every time i open more than 2 applications at one time... plus that whole "no virus" thing. but no, no, you definitly have a better gaming computer... except that macs are more powerful and now are getting most of the games that i would even consider buying a pc for.

so yeah, good job.
Go back to /g/, ******.

... And install Gentoo.

i used to have a PC. it was running fine until one day the screen flickered, it shut down and wouldn't restart. when i took it apart both the HDD were unusable, the motherboard was fried and even the power source was dead.
[...]
my friend has one of those laptops... it freezes when he tries to increase the volume >_>
All lies. Both HDDs, MoBo and power supply crapping out at the same time is impossible.

odd that there are so many that fail, though.

never heard of macfixit and never needed any tech support. i have an iBook thats 7 years old that works better than my last PC (i.e. it still works). good to know we can be mature about this, though.
No. We can't because you keep fanboying the **** out of Macs, while inventing paragraph over paragraph of bull**** to support your outrageous claims.

Normally, I'd try and be mature, quote relevant points, make compromises and have a civilized debate, but you've proven that that would be a waste of my time.

Oh and to go on in the current mood of FD:

Linux > Windows > OSX

amidoinitrite?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
All lies. Both HDDs, MoBo and power supply crapping out at the same time is impossible.
uh, no, it definitely did happen. if you refuse to believe it then thats your problem, but i still have the carcass sitting in my room. none of it functions.

No. We can't because you keep fanboying the **** out of Macs, while inventing paragraph over paragraph of bull**** to support your outrageous claims.
its only bull**** because you don't want to listen to anybody with a different point of view from yourself. i have to "fanboy the **** out of macs" because everyone else here is in a huge **** sucking circle.

every post i've made about PCs is 100% true and based on fact. but god forbid your terrible OS actually have any errors. its not like there are hundreds of documented problems; no, no, windows doesn't have any flaws. what was i thinking.

Normally, I'd try and be mature, quote relevant points, make compromises and have a civilized debate, but you've proven that that would be a waste of my time.
because i'm stating my actual experiences with PCs as well as the problems my friends and roommates having problems with PCs? sorry, shows me for saying anything bad about windows. lets all just go suck microsoft's **** and ignore all of its many, obvious problems because it can play games. way to keep an open mind.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
PC's and MAC's each have their problems, but do we really need to be ranting on each other about what's better? Neither of you is acting mature at all...there's no need for this. Not only are you having a pointless argument but you're ruining the social thread as well. Social does not mean argue up and down the boards...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
But the internet means argue up and down the everywhere with everyone.
It's been proven by science that the internet is made for porn and arguing/pissing people off.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ya and this is also trollboards so what do you expect really?

excuse me why i play sonic the hedgehog (2006) while listening to a trance remix of GHNeko getting spiked by raptor boosts all three stocks for 5 minutes as my 10 year old sister kills a Beginner v13 CPU with Ice Car (I taught her the motions a while ago).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
But the internet means argue up and down the everywhere with everyone.
It's been proven by science that the internet is made for porn and arguing/pissing people off.
as i recall, the percentages for those are 90%-10% (with porn often taking more percents).

Top Bottom