• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

Arkaether

Smash Ace
"Your feelings on me becomes wasted."
Read the next part.
No offense meant, but maybe you should wait until you, you know, actually know proper Japanese grammar before attempting to write things in Japanese.

Just a suggestion.

EDIT: In an effort to tone down my rather harsh tone and to make you feel slightly better about yourself, it is not technically completely incorrect. It's just queer. Queer as hell. As in, if you actually said it in that format, people would look at you like you're a queer.

EDIT2: I USED "NO OFFENSE MEANT". Just pointing that out. No offense meant.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Worry not, worry not, that was not meant as an inflammatory comment, but rather pointing out the fact that to write in Japanese when you can't word the phrases correctly is not, well, smart.

If I saw someone with a sig in english that was grammatically incorrect, I'd do the exact same thing.

v:

(BESIDES GUYS WE HAVEN'T STARTED FLAMING AND WRITING 20-PAGE-LONG WALLS OF TEXT YET)

Sukai

Smash Champion
No offense meant, but maybe you should wait until you, you know, actually know proper Japanese grammar before attempting to write things in Japanese.

Just a suggestion.

EDIT: In an effort to tone down my rather harsh tone and to make you feel slightly better about yourself, it is not technically completely incorrect. It's just queer. Queer as hell. As in, if you actually said it in that format, people would look at you like you're a queer.

EDIT2: I USED "NO OFFENSE MEANT". Just pointing that out. No offense meant.
I have second opinions on that comment.
I'll keep it as is.

I love how you tried to "tone down your rather harsh tone and make me feel better about myself" and just basically called me gay.
One thing I like about Japanese is it's non literal translations.
It could be easily paraphrased to many other less "queer as hell" choice of words.
Did you read the other part?

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know which players I should check out on Youtube if I'm looking for Luigi vids? the pathetic little handful I found so far were fail lol.

Also, Zelda is f*ckin' broken.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Just look up Boss.
Anything Boss related is guaranteed to be ****.
Look up JCaesar's channel (I linked to it a few posts up) for some of his vids. He also plays a **** Mario if your interested in him too. Either way Boss is probably the best Weegee player and the best Mario player out there in vBrawl and Brawl+ so you can't go wrong :)

He might have some vids elsewhere, but I've only seen him playing B+ on JCaesar's channel.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Just look up Boss.
Anything Boss related is guaranteed to be ****.
Look up JCaesar's channel (I linked to it a few posts up) for some of his vids. He also plays a **** Mario if your interested in him too. Either way Boss is probably the best Weegee player and the best Mario player out there in vBrawl and Brawl+ so you can't go wrong :)

He might have some vids elsewhere, but I've only seen him playing B+ on JCaesar's channel.
I know Boss is **** incarnate, I just didn't manage to find vids of him so far. I'll try JC's channel, good idea.

Thanks.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I'll keep it as is.

I love how you tried to "tone down your rather harsh tone and make me feel better about myself" and just basically called me gay.
It could be easily paraphrased to many other less "queer as hell" choice of words.
I don't really see the point to having random japanese quotes, or any japanese quotes at all. I mean, you're not japanese, or know it well enough to write it good (good japanese writing wouldn't be critisized by anyone that knows it), so why do it?

I understand if you like the japanese culture, but you're not part of it... and writting in japanese doesn't make you anymore... japanese.

Sorry about my little rant, I just never understood why people do this. It looks illogical in all ways. And no, it's not cool.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I'll keep it as is.

No, I said "queer". You must realize that my usage of the word "queer" in that statement was not meant with a connotation of "homosexual", but rather with the intended definition that it originally held, meaning "weird" or "unusual".

And see, Japanese does have non-literal translations, but there's a difference between "Your feelings are wasted on me" and "Your feelings are by me rendered worthless". Hint: Your sig doesn't use the former.

And yes, I read the other part. What about it? It's correct, which is why I didn't point it out.

I won't start getting into the different levels of self-address and how the ones you are using don't match up at all within the situation you are describing. I also won't point out how your statement is completely worthless unless used in context, instead of a standalone statement.

I will, however, point out that I can still do over 120,000,000 damage in a single hit in Disgaea 1.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I'm not hating, I'm just pointing out how utterly absurd it is to try and write random phrases in a language you don't understand.

That's like me putting "VUNDERSTOODZT MEIN FUHRER! VUT A VANDERFUL DEI! ZUM FRUHSTUCK ESSE ICH GERN EIER!" in my sig.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Chill dude, it's not that serious, from your complainants, the grammar is just fine, just an error in context.
My Japanese is rusty, chill for a sec buddy.
You just doesn't know.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
It's not the context, it's the wording.

"Your feelings are by me rendered worthless" is technically grammatically correct, but who literally says that?

And I take more offense to you ****** the Japanese language than I do to you using it. v:

Sukai

Smash Champion
The English Language gets ***** far more often than any other language.
And unlike my mishaps with your precious Nihongo, English is most likely deliberately chewed up and spat out, because people are too lazy to type full words and whole sentences.
Get a grip, you just doesn't know.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
All of you just doesn't know.

You're suppose to bold "just doesn't know" whenever possible.

=V

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think the severe lack of combos that results from that will force the game to revert back to vBrawl.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I finished Tales of Symphonia 2 today (which wasn't as bad as everyone said) so I went back to mess around in Vesperia, since Vesperia was amazing. Anyway I went to the arena to own it up with my favorite female, the lovely Judith. Anyway, I got to Barbatos in the coliseum and used an item, just for the laughs. I think we should link this to anyone that complains that the items in Brawl+ (like the Timer) are actually broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efJlhwRmRfw

Sukai

Smash Champion
Barbatos ****ing hates items.
I remember using a lemon gel without knowing he spawned on screen and he just went Chuck Norris on my ***.
From there, I was caught in a freightful loop of using a healing item and getting hit with, "No items ever!!!".
I had to "Yuri lock" him with 3 other guys, it was really hard.
Then with 193 enemies down, some monster just walked up and petrified me.
True Story.
Raven got the job done easy.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Barbatos ****ing hates items.
I remember using a lemon gel without knowing he spawned on screen and he just went Chuck Norris on my ***.
From there, I was caught in a freightful loop of using a healing item and getting hit with, "No items ever!!!".
I had to "Yuri lock" him with 3 other guys, it was really hard.
Then with 193 enemies down, some monster just walked up and petrified me.
True Story.
Raven got the job done easy.
Petrify is so BS in the coliseum

Barbatos is the coolest character in Vesperia sides Kratos, who is just too cool. I'm upset the ps3 is getting that improved port with probably no chance of 360 release, at least one for DLC

Top Bottom