• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

Arkaether

Smash Ace
You are the man, GoG. Though I'm personally a fan of strawberry shortcake myself. There are little cafes all over the place in Japan, where you can buy slices of cake (at like $10 a slice, it's expensive as FFFFFFFF), but they taste delicious.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yellow cake is awesome, as is white cake.

Speaking of desserts, has anyone else tried edwards pies? Those things are delicious.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Speaking of cake, my birthday is Monday and I'm hella stoked.

(in other news, I just said hella stoked, and I'm questioning where in the world that came from)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
White Chocolate cake.

Also, GoG, Ark. I was having the time of my life. Rofl. Sega vs Nintendo wars were the greatest back in the day. I had and still dont have hard feelings towards Matt. I was just funnin' around. Honest.

<3 Matt.

he got owned though

I need a signature or a picture at the end of posts to signify when Im foolin or not taking things personally. I know all of you thought I was serious. xD

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I just see things as debates, not violent arguments lol. I don't really get mad about them I just see them as a way to pass the time.

No hard feelings towards anyone
except CookieMONster

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
White Chocolate cake.

Also, GoG, Ark. I was having the time of my life. Rofl. Sega vs Nintendo wars were the greatest back in the day. I had and still dont have hard feelings towards Matt. I was just funnin' around. Honest.

<3 Matt.

he got owned though

I need a signature or a picture at the end of posts to signify when Im foolin or not taking things personally. I know all of you thought I was serious. xD

:V
Fixed?

10:V's

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
he got owned though
Lol, he did get owned tho
and Matt, If u have hard feelings against me, lol
, think of a better comeback than I did FAT CHANCE, lol

lol, I hae no hard feelings against anyone, :p
seriously, I just laughed at how Matt is acting like a 3rd grader, lol

Ok, enough of that convo. I LOOOOVE cake! chocolate cake is amazing! :)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I love marble cake with whipped frosting (not buttercream frosting, buttercream frositng is just gross.)

mmmmmmm... I especially love the whipped frosting, because it's lighter and tastes less overly sugary.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Cookiemonster is amusing me.

Did you guys read his "Insult"? It sounds like something a 13 year old would come up with. Now he wants me to have some kind of insult war or something (which also sounds like something a 13 year old would make up)???
Insults are pointless unless you actually know something about the person in order to insult it, and since all I know about him is that he's either young (as in 12/13/14) or just plain stupid. So I really can't go any farther then calling him an idiot.

What do you guys think I should do? Just ignoring him is tempting.......and probably the right thing to do.
Just stop.

Also, has anyone added condensed milk to double chocolate fudge cake?

omg <33333333

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Disgaea 1: 120 million single-hit damage
Disgaea 2: 2 billion single-hit damage

Disgaea 3 is being played now, but I am going to break one trillion damage before I'm done with it.

THAT'S what I think of your new avatar/sig.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
...slight grammatical error? More like "what the hell is wrong with you and where the hell did you learn japanese and PLEASE stop ****** the language kplzthx"

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but I keep seeing all these rules in all the other Brawl+ topics about not posting this, that, or the other thing, so I'm a bit scared to post it anywhere else.

What makes hitstun so important to Brawl+? All it does for me is annoy the **** out of me.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Adding to Matt's comment, hitstun rewards you for actually hitting your opponent. It also adds a different type of prediction to the game, when you have to determine what direction your oppenent is going to DI when you follow up with another move. Hitstun also allows for techchasing, which once again, allows for a different prediction game.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
and to add even more, hitstun allows for the use of more of a character's moveset in most situations. generally, without hitstun, the safest moves are best used to approach with. with hitstun, while this remains true, things like onstage spikes giving more hitstun are to be considered as are electric moves. not only that, but when an opponent is hit by one of these safe moves, they enable safety on moves that may be awfully risky but great to use to enable longer combos.

take for instance mario's fair. you normally wouldn't see someone approach with this, yet some do. this is because, when done on a grounded opponent, the opponent is both in more hitstun than usual as well as a great position to be hit by basically any other aerial, and sometimes utilt/usmash. not only that, but if mario can set his opponent up near the edge with a safe move, and with enough hitstun, he can use the fair safely to possibly meteor his opponent to death.

hitstun does a lot to keep things fresh (though some chars need to be looked at still...*weegeein'Squirtle*)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
As I just said, in my case it just annoys the **** out of me. I guess that's because I really rely on surviving to ridiculous percentages in order to win. (That's partially because I main Lucario, but I also need it for any character I use.) Not being able to midair dodge to cancel some momentum basically makes me an easy win for my opponent. Even with DI, I can't survive nearly long enough. (I usually die at 110% - 120%, instead of my accustomed 160% - 190% (even when playing with Brawl+ except hitstun off, I survive that long on average).) I rely on outlasting my opponents.

...I'm the textbook definition of noob, aren't I?

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
As I just said, in my case it just annoys the **** out of me. I guess that's because I really rely on surviving to ridiculous percentages in order to win. (That's partially because I main Lucario, but I also need it for any character I use.) Not being able to midair dodge to cancel some momentum basically makes me an easy win for my opponent. Even with DI, I can't survive nearly long enough. (I usually die at 110% - 120%, instead of my accustomed 160% - 190% (even when playing with Brawl+ except hitstun off, I survive that long on average).) I rely on outlasting my opponents.

...I'm the textbook definition of noob, aren't I?
If you play defensively 100% of the time (and with a vBrawl strategy in mind), then of course you're going to find hitstun annoying. I just recommend playing more offensively and try to stop relying on living so long to win. Playing defensively on Brawl+ isn't impossible, so you can still play like this, it's just that the game overall is offensive most of the time.

Try playing offensively, and you'll see why hitstun is so important.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Rather, leafbarrett, there's no reason for you to be playing Brawl+ in the first place. Remember that the primary purpose of Brawl+ isn't to make it balanced, but rather to make the game fun and less campy. If you like the defensive and hitstun-less play, you might want to try out Balanced Brawl or stay with normal Brawl.

Top Bottom