• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

jokey665

Smash Ace
Speaking of Sonic 3&Knuckles, have any of you beaten it without getting hit? That's the true way to be awesome at it. I've done it with each character at least once :3

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Done it a few times. I dont really like to do it though because I tend to be cautious and that slows the game down for me. :V

Also, ****. I got the 1000th post in this thread. Win.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I heard you were a bad gambler.
I heard you had hearing problems.

Nub, I do it without trying.
Seriously, my friends were all "wtfhaxx" when they watched me.
Who said I try when I do that. I just said I tend to play cautiously when I dont feel like getting hit. It's a natural transition without thought simply because I play recklessly as I speed run every time I play Sonic 3 and K and I don't care too much if I get hit as long as I keep my time up. (Sometimes I get hit on purpose to help increase my time, see Sonic 3 and K tas for examples.)

Sukai

Smash Champion
I heard you had hearing problems.
That's ironically true.
Too bad my source said it really loud, or else I'd be stumped.

Who said I try when I do that. I just said I tend to play cautiously when I dont feel like getting hit. It's a natural transition without thought simply because I play recklessly as I speed run every time I play Sonic 3 and K. V:
I speed run on the dailys, and I don't get hit.
Been playing the game since late 94.
Get at me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's ironically true.
Too bad my source said it really loud, or else I'd be stumped.
Obviously he didn't say it loud enough because you heard wrong.

I speed run on the dailys, and I don't get hit.
Been playing the game since late 94.
Get at me.
Then you're doing speed runs wrong son. You get hit on purpose if it increases your time.

And I never said anything about getting hit on speed runs other than doing it on purpose. I said I start to play cautiously if I dont feel like getting hit. :V

You've been got at son.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Obviously he didn't say it loud enough because you heard wrong.

Well then you're lying, about one of those things you spew.

Then you're doing speed runs wrong son. You get hit on purpose if it increases your time.

And I never said anything about getting hit on speed runs other than doing it on purpose. I said I start to play cautiously if I dont feel like getting hit. :V

You've been got at son.
Scared of getting hit are we?
But you said you don't try.

Who said I try when I do that. I just said I tend to play cautiously when I dont feel like getting hit. It's a natural transition without thought simply because I play recklessly as I speed run every time I play Sonic 3 and K and I don't care too much if I get hit as long as I keep my time up. (Sometimes I get hit on purpose to help increase my time, see Sonic 3 and K tas for examples.)
So either you do easy intangible speed runs, or you get scared and slow down, obviously showing effort.
Fix your contradiction before you continue playing my game.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait what. Don't bull**** me son. Playing cautiously doesnt mean getting scared or showing effort son. It means not making reckless/stupid choices. :V

rofl. You're twisting my words around son.

Get your scrub out of here because it doesn't suit you well.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wait what. Don't bull**** me son. Playing cautiously doesnt mean getting scared or showing effort son. It means not making reckless/stupid choices. :V

I never said I slowed down either. rofl. You're twisting my words around son.

Get your scrub out of here because it doesn't suit you well.
My scrub?
Iterate your words right boy so they can't be twisted so easily!
XV

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So my new computer doesn't have an SD card reader. Where can I find a USB to SD card reader and how much money am I looking at spending on it?
Well now I'm curious...
What kind of hardware is your new computer, and what kind of software (aka go buy some stuff on Steam because Valve is super cool) will it be running?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sega systems sucked.

There's a reason they aren't making them anymore and it wasn't all about bad business decisions. Also, the 2-D Sonic games are some of the most overrated games of all time.

I'm 100% serious and not trolling

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I agree with GoG here, as a kid I really saw nothing special about 2D sonic games at all, and I still don't.

Sonic Adventure 2 though, I loved that **** as a kid. I don't still think it's an amazing game though, just decent (even though it's the last good 3d Sonic Sega has made).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sega systems sucked.

There's a reason they aren't making them anymore and it wasn't all about bad business decisions. Also, the 2-D Sonic games are some of the most overrated games of all time.

I'm 100% serious and not trolling
Then you're more biased than Sakurai. It's complete opinion where you say the Sega Systems suck. I can say the same thing and say the Nintendo systems suck.

The reason they aren making any more consoles IS because of bad buisness, you ignorant baboon. They ****ed up starting with teh Sega CD and 32X, both of them extremely bad buisness choices AND they were ****ty in design and functionality. The games produced on them were nothing worthy of praise (sans Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix)

Those poor buisness choices didnt stop at there either. The Sega Saturn, while producing a few high quality games, was an expensive console and at the time, was over-priced, hurting their buisness even more.

By the time they got it right with the DC, they were so much in debt that continuing in the hardware buisness would only be a foolhearty decision.

That's why they stopped making consoles. Not that buill**** your spewing from that hole on your face called a mouth, if you can even call it that after your post.

And calling Old School Sonic overrated? 1. That an opinion. 2. Sonic had one thing no other platformer had at the time. Speed and Attitude. Get the **** out with that "its overrated"

It was a high quality series and it deserved its reputation because it was GOOD and STILL IS.

Your ignorance is overwhelming. And I'm 100% serious and not trolling.

Still <3 you GoG

I agree with GoG here, as a kid I really saw nothing special about 2D sonic games at all, and I still don't.

Sonic Adventure 2 though, I loved that **** as a kid. I don't still think it's an amazing game though, just decent (even though it's the last good 3d Sonic Sega has made).
If you saw nothing special about Sonic, then you were and still are blind to why Sonic is ****.

Yea, I am going to be deadd serious here. I really don't lke Sonic games, period. They are pretty much the same game just with added stuff to each new one.

on a side note, swine flu is bad. am i rite? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_TtU5bzFE&feature=related
Yea, I am going to be deadd serious here. I dont really lke Successful Franchies, period. They pretty much make the same game with new stuff added to each one.

u c wut i did thur :V

Sukai

Smash Champion
Then you're more biased than Sakurai. It's complete opinion where you say the Sega Systems suck. I can say the same thing and say the Nintendo systems suck.

The reason they aren making any more consoles IS because of bad buisness, you ignorant baboon. They ****ed up starting with teh Sega CD and 32X, both of them extremely bad buisness choices AND they were ****ty in design and functionality. The games produced on them were nothing worthy of praise (sans Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix)

Those poor buisness choices didnt stop at there either. The Sega Saturn, while producing a few high quality games, was an expensive console and at the time, was over-priced, hurting their buisness even more.

By the time they got it right with the DC, they were so much in debt that continuing in the hardware buisness would only be a foolhearty decision.

That's why they stopped making consoles. Not that buill**** your spewing from that hole on your face called a mouth, if you can even call it that after your post.

And calling Old School Sonic overrated? 1. That an opinion. 2. Sonic had one thing no other platformer had at the time. Speed and Attitude. Get the **** out with that "its overrated"

It was a high quality series and it deserved its reputation because it was GOOD and STILL IS.

I approve of this rebuttal.
Sega had great consoles and great games, but all that **** Nintendo hype pushed them to make some reall bad marketting decisions.

And where's all that hype now?
It's motivating us to play/make B+, that's where.
That's a bad thing from Nintendo's perspective. Unlike them, Sega grew with their fans.

What now?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master

Still <3 you GoG

If you saw nothing special about Sonic, then you were and still are blind to why Sonic is ****.

Yea, I am going to be deadd serious here. I dont really lke Successful Franchies, period. They pretty much make the same game with new stuff added to each one.

You realize that pretty much everything you just said is an opinion as well, right? except for maybe sonic being the only "fast" platformer. I can make the only super-fast RPG, it doesn't mean its an amazing game. And although sonic was successful at first if you look at all the new games I would call the entire Sonic series a failure just because they managed to make it so bad.

Also some Sonic fans are just so STUPID, I mean look at the fanfic they write, I don't see many other series with nearly as much stupid crap as the Sonic fanbase produces. Not to say that any Sonic fans in here are bad in any way, notice I said "some".

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Of course it's an opinion dip****. We are talking about video games and which ones are good and bad. My favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time. Of course I know what overrated means. Still, I stand by my statement that I felt Sonic games were overrated. The speed is overrated when you first start playing the game. If anything it makes it worse. It's awesome for the first level or two and then the game throws random **** at you from off screen that you can't react to in time when you are:

1. That young
2. It's your first time through the game.

They give you all this speed and then take it away from you with spikes, enemies and pits that are barely on screen before you gotta dodge them. Plus, maybe I haven't played in a while but I remember Sonic being a little slippery. Sure I see why people like old school Sonic games, but frankly I don't. I like the Adventure 1 and 2 (speed stages of course) and Unleashed on PS3/360.

And though most of Sega's console trouble was because of bad business choices, I find it kinda foolish that you think so many of the games for those later systems were great. Soul Calibur was the best game to come out of the last few Sega Consoles.

Also, we all know Nintendo is just a better company at designing games. There are more quality series being churned out from Nintendo then Sega's one trick pony. (Super Monkey sucks my nuts. Maybe if they had continued with NiGHTS you'd have something) And they are still in business. Sure, the last 2 years haven't been my favorite years for Nintendo, but they still have a lot of the undeniable quality few gaming publishers besides Blizzard can claim.

I still <3 you Neko

@Knux:

You can't please everyone and though I think vBrawl is a failure of game I wanted it to be, I would never call it a bad game. It's great and what Sakurai wanted it to be and that's a party game. I'm not sure why, after two wildly successful competitive fighters, he makes it a party game but whatever. You also act like having one or two games that the fans aren't all gung ho about somehow makes Nintendo an unloyal company who we can't respect anymore.

Some of the best games for each of their series have been released this gen. Mario Galaxy still blows my mind away at how amazing of a game it is, and Metroid Prime 3 would have been the best in the series if it wasn't for the fact that it was a third game. Things didn't do enough damage in Twilight Princess but the game was fantastic and I can't wait for the new one, especially if it's Motion Plus only. Just because Brawl was bad doesn't mean the company is bad. I'd like to see a list of Sega first party games cause I'd bet it's collective scoring would be somewhere in the 60s. Nintendo's would be somewhere in the high 80s.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
No, he brought up the point that fanfiction is one of the most horrid and putrid pits of vile disgusting bile to possibly exist in this world.

Saying "this stack of poop, vomit, and trash seems a bit bigger than your stack of poop, vomit, and trash" doesn't do much.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
No, he brought up the point that fanfiction is one of the most horrid and putrid pits of vile disgusting bile to possibly exist in this world.

Saying "this stack of poop, vomit, and trash seems a bit bigger than your stack of poop, vomit, and trash" doesn't do much.
Hahaha good point, I edited it out. Sonic fanboys still annoy me. As do FF7 fanboys. I don't hear from OoT fanboys really or at least they don't bother me. That's up for others to decide. It's kinda like we just sit to ourselves and know OoT is sweet so it doesn't matter.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

lol
I actually dont like Sonic becaus this really annoying kid who has no life plays that game nonstop, lol
haha, jk jk jk (even tho its tru, lol)
I liked the old Sonic games, but the new ones seem to be kinda crappy, in my opinion. but i haven' played some of the newer ones, so idk

and i c what u did thar, yup

Arkaether

Smash Ace
All fanboys annoy me. However, fanfiction just makes me start hunting for a rope to hang myself with because I can't bear the thought that such things exist in a world I live in.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Note that I used the words "poop", "vomit", and "trash" because the words which were initially intended to be used were censored out.

Top Bottom