• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

Sukai

Smash Champion
I'm such a Tales fanboy, I'll buy the PS3 version--or Japanese if there won't be any localization.

I'm getting a PS3 this September hopefully.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm such a Tales fanboy, I'll buy the PS3 version--or Japanese if there won't be any localization.
I'd get a PS3 just so I could play Vesperia as Repede (on the overworld screen). That was the biggest flaw with the 360 version. Anyway...

What's your favorite Tales game?

Symphonia has the special place in my heart (and it has Zelos which is enough win) but Vesperia had one of if not the best combat systems in any RPG. Juggling people with Judith felt so awesome.

You gonna get Tales of VS (assuming a U.S release)?

My buddy has a PSP so I'll use his.

Think the new Wii one (Graces) will be amazing?

The combat sure looks cool at least. The sidestepping thing looks pro.

Sukai

Smash Champion
1. Symphonia, the GC one.
Followed by the typical choices, Vesperia and Abyss.
Zelos is irreplaceable.
Scott Menville is too.

2. Competitive Multiplayer Tales, hell yeah!

3. Yes, I have so much hype for Graces, I'm really not excited for any game coming out in '09.
'10 will be great for me, (speculation) Graces, Metroid: Other M, new Zelda, I can't wait for this year to end!
I'll miss free run though.
But you can't go very wrong with up to 70 hours of gameplay. I have great faith that Graces (like every other mothership title produced by the studio {so excluding Legendia}) will be an epic adventure with one of the most memorable and balanced battle systems ever.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I finished Tales of Symphonia 2 today (which was just as bad as everyone said, if not worse) so I went back to mess around in Vesperia, since Vesperia was amazing.
fix'd. v:

Also, the PS3 port is such a hardcore kick in the balls to the 360 users that it's not even funny.

Edit:
1: TotA, then ToV, then ToP. Yes, ToP. Yes, I played ToD remake.
2: Yes
3: Maybe, but after the ToS2 fiasco I'm not getting my hopes up.

GoG: decent, not good, not bad, but nothing near as good as the TotA anime was. Also, I personally preferred the ToP OVA but I'm a ToP fan.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
@Ark

Why you gotta hate on ToS2? I thought it was pretty decent. Sure, I wish it was more about Lloyd and Co but Emil really grew on me throughout the game as he changed and I started to sympathize with his plight. Sure, it's not as good as the other Tales games, but it certainly isn't bad. Oh well...

I'll try and track the Tales of Symphonia anime down here soon. Could be interesting.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I hate on ToS2 because Emil never grew on me, he never changed, his plight was pitiful, and the battle system was crappy compared to other Tales games.

And I admit, it's a lot better than most of the games out there, but speaking RELATIVE TO OTHER TALES GAMES, it's utter crap. CRAP. Thus the hate.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Now somebody absolutely HAS to make a full out sword Ganon.

Well, at least when a public (and hopefully somewhat user friendly) release of SA comes out.

Seeing what PW did with Mario and the sword animation makes me so excited for the possibilities of sword Ganon. He won't have to have borked range, and more than a select portion of his ground game can be swordified. (<3 PW)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I hate on ToS2 because Emil never grew on me, he never changed, his plight was pitiful, and the battle system was crappy compared to other Tales games.

And I admit, it's a lot better than most of the games out there, but speaking RELATIVE TO OTHER TALES GAMES, it's utter crap. CRAP. Thus the hate.
Understandable though I find it hard to believe you think Emil never changed. Maybe you forget just how much of a pansy he really was at the start of the game. But I digress. At least we agree at the end. It's the worst Tales game I've played but still pretty decent in comparison to most games.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, yes.
Saiyuki the anime is horrible compared to the manga.
The stories even went separate ways.
Same thing for Ikki Tousen.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Sega's marketing was so pro, they sandbagged with the CD, 32x, a dead Saturn and a Dreamcast in between generations, just to make it easier on Nintendon't.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sega's marketing was so pro, they sandbagged with the CD, 32x, a dead Saturn and a Dreamcast in between generations, just to make it easier on Nintendon't.
a dead Saturn and a Dreamcast in between generations, just to make it easier on Nintendon't.
between generations, just to make it easier on Nintendon't.
make it easier on Nintendon't.
Nintendon't.
Nintendon't.
Nintendon't.
Nintendon't.
Nintendon't.

GENESIS DOES,
WHAT NINTENDON'T​

Top Bottom