• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination is boring?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Lots of things can be boring in excess and Final D is no exception. There's nothing wrong with the stage that practice doesn't fix and it's a nice neutral but every once in a while you just want a -change- in the scenery and music.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Before, this was the ONLY stage I played on.
Now, I dont care what stage it is unless its one of the really gay ones.

If you play on this stage like 5 times in a row though, it gets super boring.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I think Final Destination is a Excellent Stage when you play Without Items.
But, Vary the Stages to fight is always good.
A good way to play good matches is choose the Best Brawl Stages and Melee Stages.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i'd pick boring and fair stages over hectic bull**** stages with hectic bull**** items any day of the week.

if im gonna lose, i wanna lose because i was outplayed, not because of stage quirks.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination is okay in "serious" matches without items.

But I HATE it when people pick this map in Funmatches (FFA/Items/Coin Battle).

Basic Brawl = Final Destination usually D:

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If you're constantly playing on ANY stage, it'll eventually get boring. So yeah I did feel like Final Destination was getting super boring and I wanted Smashville or Yoshi's Island. People just need to stop picking that stage for friendlies all the time.

§leepy God

Smash Master
If you're constantly playing on ANY stage, it'll eventually get boring. So yeah I did feel like Final Destination was getting super boring and I wanted Smashville or Yoshi's Island. People just need to stop picking that stage for friendlies all the time.
I agree with you on this. Any stage picked so much will just get boring, unless it's Smashville Saturday night, lol. But that being said, people do need to adapt to more stages but don't pick the ridicules stages that's no fun to play on like Mario Bros etc. D:

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I hate how everyone just picks this stage on wi-fi just to pick it everytime...
To answer the question, it is extremely boring if you play on it more than once.
QFT.

It certainly is the fairest stage if you're speaking in terms of tourney rules, but it is very over-picked. I like the ambience in Smashville better, so usually I will pick that or Yoshi's Island, just to throw a wrinkle in.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If I run into someone on WiFi who just won't stop picking Final Destination, I start picking 75m. Does that make me a bad person?

Seriously though, while I personally dislike the stage, it's not particularly worse than any other... so long as it's played in its proper proportion. I play friendlies on random stages among all the legal ones except Pirate Ship, and I don't despair when it happens to come up if I'm not fighting ICs (even then, I can really only laugh at my misfortune). In tournament I am quite good at manipulating my side of the rules to never play on it, but that's just me playing to win.

Gwobo

Smash Rookie
I pick FD and BF the most, just because I like the space in them.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I don't htink its boring. Sure the stage layout might be extremely simple, but the background is constantly changing and the music for the stage is pretty cool too. Just don't pick it too much, though.

Also, I prefer Battlefield over Final Destination because it has platforms, which add a bit more to the way you can play.

Heat_X

Smash Rookie
FD in melee was not boring at all. I mean, the purple and the fox and the no items... those were the days...
But in brawl? Smashville is the new FD =3 I mean, there are even balloons! Win!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I agree with you on this. Any stage picked so much will just get boring, unless it's Smashville Saturday night, lol. But that being said, people do need to adapt to more stages but don't pick the ridicules stages that's no fun to play on like Mario Bros etc. D:
Gosh thank you for agreeing, it's like once in a year that I get agreed with lol.
Yeah Saturday night on Smashville is great and never will be boring. Good ol' K.K. =D

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Melee FD makes me sick, it's all purple and ****, lol. And that FD was picked so much I hated it back then as well.
1,000 times this. I like Brawl's Final D but Melee's just bored me to death with how often it was picked. It was nice how it helped certain recoveries but aside from that I'm glad it's gone.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
FD is fine, in small doses. But Delfino and Smashville are the only stage I can play a lot, repeatedly, without going insane.

gocubs44123

Smash Cadet
Aghh Final Destination is soooooooooooooo boring. Its probably the worst level to play on, worse than 75m lol. I hate it when people repeatedly pick it so you play on it like 7 times in a row in friendlies. What's the fun in playing on a flat stage with nothing on it lol. But I agree that stages like Mario Bros and 75m suck balls.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I don't neccesarily hate FD, and I love it in Melee... But in Brawl, I try to avoid it - I always lose a life to those wierd edges.

Pablo51

Smash Rookie
ITT: Stages become boring if you play them numerous times.

I prefer a stage with platforms, but I hate playing on battlefield with more than 3 people at one time.

Smashville, bro. Can't beat K.K.Rider's music and his moving platform of doom.

Pablo51

Smash Rookie
Also: There aren't that many complaints about FD's edge suicides. And I KNOW everyone's at least suicided once from that when they played Brawl for the first time.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
But really I love the animations in the background of Final Destination. It makes up for its otherwise blandness, I think. Also, if you download textures it just makes it even better.

Top Bottom