• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Dest. Recovery help

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of getting my Diddy recovery gimped by Final Destination. I usually use my second jump, then forward B, then my up B. When I'm below the stage, how do I recover so that I don't get gimped?

Greaseman

Smash Rookie
It is very rare that you would go under the stage without some form of influence from yourself. I suggest that you consider charging/aiming your up b from a bit further away to avoid getting caught under the edge.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
i totally agree with you kayzee. i dislike playing on that stage cos its really small, and my links up B is almost always skrewed up by that little lip. Melee didnt have that.
ive died so many times because of that. i guess it is kinda my fault because i don't remember that thats what happens. but its sooo DUMB!

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
It is very rare that you would go under the stage without some form of influence from yourself. I suggest that you consider charging/aiming your up b from a bit further away to avoid getting caught under the edge.
Sometimes, it's from performing a meteor smash. On wifi, it lags to the point where I start fastfalling after meteor smashing somebody, even when I C-stick the meteor smash. Then I charge up an up B before falling to the bottom of the stage and just when I thought I saved myself, I crash on that lip, and end up dying anyway.

Grandeza

Smash Master
If your under the lip you have to charge it long enough and angle it so that it's going diagnolly to the right. If you don't charge it long enough you'll go diagnol slightly and then curve over and fall. It's hard bu with practice you can get it

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've practiced recovering at Final Destination, and have brought down the number of times I crash on the lip. (Except when I need to recover most and the pressure is on me to recover or die, I still crash. =\ )

However, I have a new problem. Same scenario, but now somebody is ledgehogging. How do I angle it and charge it so that they get hit, and I grab the ledge?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just be careful, and sure to slant the aim of the up-btowards the edge, it's not that hard.

Another way to recover you may not have known, is, if you grab someone with your side b, and push up, you'll push them down and jump off their head, which causes you to jump up, so if you can aim it right, you'll recover easily with that.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Recovering with the up B under that certaint spot in FD can be tricky, but its possible. The best way of practicing it is going completely under Smashville and come out on the other side. I'm not lying about this because I've done it myself. But, for this to work you have to time your b up just like you would getting out of the lip of FD.

Grandeza

Smash Master

However, I have a new problem. Same scenario, but now somebody is ledgehogging. How do I angle it and charge it so that they get hit, and I grab the ledge?
That's a situation I have never been in. I think if you can angle it perfectly, you'll hit them off and grab the ledge. If you have two lives and they have one, and high damage (like 120) aim it into the lip and the explosion could kill them just for the lulz.

saberhof

Smash Master
Situation of the meteor:

1.- you can jump again and wait for a good position
IF you already jumped a second time after preforming that meteor
2.- you can side b to the side where its open, and then charge the up b ALOT
3.- side b against the wall and wallcling, giving you a jump i think.

Situation of Edgehogger:
First of all this is rare for you to be exactly under the stage but i guess you are under them in this situation

1.- Just charge it more and wait for him to not have any invincible frames and go over him and when he leaves the edge Fast fall and grab the edge fast!!
2.- go for it and try and hit them, you may be lucky and let them wait enough for you to hit them if you charge it enough to reach the edge.

=D

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
i've tried this and it works really great.

don't play on final d. play on smashville cuz its better with just one little floating platform.

Ever since i tried this i havn't been gimped by final d once. No lie.

Top Bottom