• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll probablty like the game (Melty Blood feels like ArcSys games with a milder learning curve) but I can't see myself calling it anything other than its acronym. Engrish is one thing but there are limits...
Well if it helps, In-Birth is pronounced as Inverse...

That name alone is probably going to make this game's US scene Melty tier. :urg:

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Well if it helps, In-Birth is pronounced as Inverse...

That name alone is probably going to make this game's US scene Melty tier. :urg:
Oh, that makes at least some sense. Eh, it'll be like Melee I guess, small scene but competitive. afaik the Melty scene is like that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The Melee scene is a lot bigger than the Melty scene from what I understand.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'd be more hyped about In-birth if I knew there was going to be an actual scene for it. We don't even know if it's gonna be on a console or something.

Most of the melty guys just simply want MBAACC to be released outside of arcades (which we're getting soon! Hype!). The community for melty, despite being small, is actually really dedicated. I really hope the scene expands once the new version gets released.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So that other French-Bread game, the one with the most Engrish title ever will be getting some more info in the next Arcadia. Hopefully it will be something good, and the start of a lot more information.

But for now we still pretty much just have that trailer.

Get hyped for Unreal BLACK THINGS!

I might be the only one who cares about this. :/
I'm not excited for it. Looks too generic and uninteresting to me when they revealed that trailer.
But who knows, my opinion of it will probably go up when we see more. I'd rather have an HD Melty though.
Oh and like...anyone else think the dude with red hair looks like Remy from 3rd strike?
Reminds me more of Freeman from Garou, but he looks like Remy too.
The Melee scene is a lot bigger than the Melty scene from what I understand.
Yup, it is.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like what I've seen so far. I love Melty but I'm glad that this isn't just a copy of it. I still have to see more though.

I'm loving the range everyone seems to have.

And at the very least it's going to have a Melty quality soundtrack.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I heard Jago left Empire and has his own show now. I forget who his sponsor is or else I'd link to the video. It's alright.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Fingercramp, that's what it was.

And just a few days ago, it was announced that Clockw0rk is now on Yipes' and Latif's team, Brokentier.

If any of them were good at MvC3 I'd be impressed.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think everyone who has put any effort into following the game called it, though. :p

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm kind of dissapointed, but I wasn't too hyped yet.

Though they must have really needed to do something to it if a delay into November.
Competing with UMvC3...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What in the hell?

That is ****ing stupid.

Memo to me: When I go up to Alberta next year, I may as well just leave my smartphone at home. American Border patrol/customs might confiscate it for being too sophistimacated.

Smooth Criminal

Atlus8

Smash Master
Sorry about that!

And yeah, that whole mess that happened to Sp00ky is just !

Edit - Ya know! UMvC3 comes out a week earlier than KOFXIII and it works fine with me since I sure as hell am not gonna pick up UMvC3! I WANNA <3 the game so bad too, but it's just not for me! Matter of fact, I remember throwing away the sleeve and the comic from the collector's edition right after I sold it back to Gamestop . . . it felt damn good!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hell yeah, news on fighting games no one cares about!
Just going to copy and past what I've posted somewhere else. :D

A couple characters added to UNiB's website, I know the girl was shown in one of French-Bread's streams, the guy with the scythe seems to have the same fear of buttoning up his clothing as Roa does.
http://inbirth.info/character.html

Also, Mauve isn't going to work on netplay for PC MBAACC. Some of you might already know, but oh well.
http://mauve.mizuumi.net/2011/09/24/american-netplay-mbaacc-and-caster/

At least there will be some netplay, also that netplay will require a key to play that comes with the game to try and discourage piracy.
That last link has a loli in the background, might want to avoid it if you're at work or something. Here's the important part.
Every copy of MBAACCPC will come with a key issued to each copy of the game in order to install the game. This is to prevent pirating. - Ecole is aware of the netplay situation and what happened with MBAC.

They strongly intend to implement MBAACCPC with netplay. It will either be directly available at launch, or be patched into the game later. They will have a central server to find matches, but are still considering options like a ranking system. Those also may be implemented in later patches. You *will* need aforementioned key to access these functions. He told us this directly, and firmly. For those of you who remember the no-jump doujin fighter Gleam of Force (also by French Bread), I believe the netplay will be coded similarly since it also used a serial key and match system. Since there is a central server planned, we asked him to implement a direct play available as well to ease the lag for foreigners (French Bread was planning the exact opposite of this.)

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well, the fact that MBAACC will require a key now just means I have to buy a new comp to play it \o/

Mauve's blog says he just wants to see how frenchbread makes their netplay first before putting out his own caster. If it does indeed let us down, I'm sure he's gonna make a better netplay. Because otherwise the game's gonna die out like MBAA.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wouldn't be surprised if Mauve makes something assuming FB's turns out to be unplayable. I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't and FB's turns out to be just okay.

I can understand wanting to let FB try their thing though, we will have to wait and see.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I have a question about the Tekken series. It looks like a lot of fun and I'm thinking about buying it, but I'm wondering if each individual character in the game has like, a gazillion different button combinations for combos and special moves like in Soul Calibur. If so, then I probably won't buy the game, because the amount of options each character in the Soul Calibur games has was just a little too overwhelming for me.

Top Bottom