• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighters Pass Vol. 2 is the final Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC

SBFighters_Pass_End.jpg

In the latest Famitsu Magazine, Smash Bros. series director Masahiro Sakurai revealed that there are no plans for DLC after the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 comes out for Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Other details can be picked out of the transcription of the article here, including one that explains how the remaining characters were not picked by Sakurai himself. They appear to have been requested by Nintendo directly, which matches how the previous five characters were chosen. It should be noted that Sakurai did have the option to decline a character if he didn’t think he could make them work, but otherwise he allowed Nintendo to make the final call.

It’s not entirely impossible for this to change. At this point, however, we suspect that any characters considered for a third round of DLC will be put on hold for the next installment of Smash Bros. According to Sakurai, nobody currently has any plans for what that might even be. It makes sense not to expect anything until we get new hardware at this point, but we don’t even know where Switch hardware is going in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy Marr

Comments

Hmmm, maybe you’re right. But Toxtricity’s quite a popular Pokémon from Sword and Shield. Well, not as popular as Dragapult.
I do see a lot of people mention Tox, myself included since I must admit I enjoy it's design. As I said, by my own admission I haven't exactly been stalking Pokémon forums and communities much as of late, so the favoritism could be there and I'm just not going to the places where I'd see it.

I do see a lot of people mention Tox, myself included since I must admit I enjoy it's design. As I said, by my own admission I haven't exactly been stalking Pokémon forums and communities much as of late, so the favoritism could be there and I'm just not going to the places where I'd see it.
Trust, there is some favouritism for Toxtricity. But not just that Pokémon tho of course.

D
Nice one mate, you mention Toxtricity. If Nintendo thinking about another Pokémon rep, Toxtricity should be the one.

The other looks great too but I think Geno will become a Mii Costume imo (which still be cool).
Geno is in that is all. I mean yeah thanks for the words appreciate it. Yeah Toxtricity would be cool, I like it a lot so I’d love it in. Geno I want in but 50/50 on his chances. Hope he happens I believe he can.

Geno is in that is all. I mean yeah thanks for the words appreciate it. Yeah Toxtricity would be cool, I like it a lot so I’d love it in. Geno I want in but 50/50 on his chances. Hope he happens I believe he can.
No problem, let’s just hope your dreams do come true.

Here‘s my general wants for this pass:

-Min Min
-Sora
-Crash Bandicoot
-Captain Toad
-Bandana Dee
-Jill Valentine
-Arle Nadja
-Axel Stone
-Sirfetch’d
-Euden
-Ring Fit Trainee
-Adeleine and Ribbon

Don't forget guys, that Sakurai confirmed that no character will be represented in Smash. who's original universe is not a video game.
This is why characters like Iron Man or Lara Croft will never make it into the game, despite some of them having other fighting game appearances.

Are we going by likelyhood or by personal preference?
By Personal preference, I would want Phoenix Wright in, but I don't see it as likely.

I think that Dante, Shantae and Lloyd Irving are much more likely.
Lara Croft originated from video game. What are you talking about?

Top Bottom