• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Kole

Smash Lord
Paul did incorrectly predict the last final, the European Cup. So I hope he did the same with this final lol

Think he's gonna be alive in 4 years?
I don't think so :( Octopi usually don't live past 5 years IIRC, depending on the species.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'll eat octopus that night if he's wrong

nah

spain's got this

btw 3rd place game last minute

omg

i screamed when forlán missed :(

Kole

Smash Lord
Was the 3rd place game good? I couldn't watch it today; I was too busy.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Sick game. Uruguay played a great match.

Forlan should be the mvp for the tournament, he's so nasty!
Diego "Cachabacha" Forlannnn.

People probably think I'm being biased since Uruguay has always been my team (other than Brazil), but I also think he should get MVP.
Either him or David Villa of Spain. They both played outstanding in the WC.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
germany vs uruguay was an awesome game

so after all, this world cup has been a total european success (top 3) and a fail by southamerican teams except for Uruguay, which is the opposite of what everybody was saying before the quarter finals

go europe

so today is the final, spain vs netherlands. during the group phase I said I only wanted Spain to show to the world what an awesome team we are.. and they have done it. now everybody speaks of Spain as an amazing team who controls the ball and the tempo of the game the whole time, so I'm really proud. now that we have achieved this, we have to go to the field and 'have fun' in the final game, which is what Cruijff said to Barça players before the Champions League final of 1992. If our players have fun on the field there's nothing that can stop us

go spain

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Good stuff from both Germany and Uruguay, nice attacking. Forlan too pro, would've been epic for a 3-3 into extra time, bad luck.
Lol @ ppl booing anytime Suarez is even near the ball.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Suarez just made good use of the rules. I personally wouldn't have cared and would've given Ghana the goal.
Indeed. A red card and a penalty together are not adequate to make up for the goal Ghana should've scored. I mean it de facto would've been a goal. Ghana should've gotten the win imo.

And I love the final. No matter who wins I'll be happy - two teams I really like. Go both teams! :)

:059:

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I'm also very much looking forward to this game. Even though I'm Dutch, I wouldn't mind Spain winning.

The Dutch team has been pretty solid this WC. If they stick to their gameplan, Spain will have a hard time.

Browny

Smash Hater
I'm so torn tonight... I want netherlands to win the world cup, but paul getting 8/8 would be so awesome

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm also torn. I want the netherlands to win, but I need Spain to win because I followed Paul's prediction and wagered on Spain's win :ohwell:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
that was suppose to be a red card not yellow

i hope this 2nd half is better

Jane

Smash Hero
so far the first half has not lived up to my expectations ):<

i have faith that the second half will pick up, though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wow, what a disappointing first half of the final, compared to the game for 3rd place and the semifinals, at least. =/

Foul galore.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Dude... Robben... **** man.

Game's becoming a bit more intense. It's a shame it took this long but we can probably get a good 25 minutes plus overtime and penalties.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Oh my god so intense.
Intense? Hardly.

One of the most boring World Cup games, definitely a very boring final.

Both teams are playing mediocre to poorly at best. Wasting opportunities left and right, tons of fouls and bookings, dives, careless unrefined play, very rough and reckless, etc...

Really tough to watch. I expected better.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Netherlands had it in the 89th minute. Blew that opportunity right out of the window.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Intense? Hardly.

One of the most boring World Cup games, definitely a very boring final.

Both teams are playing mediocre to poorly at best. Wasting opportunities left and right, tons of fouls and bookings, dives, careless unrefined play, very rough and reckless, etc...

Really tough to watch. I expected better.
I agree 100%.
Both teams aren't even playing that great. And the cards and fouls, honestly if I wanted to watch a game that dirty, I'd watch American Football.

Yesterday's game was the real final for me. Both teams didn't play 100%, but they made a hell of a good game.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Though you got to note that final games usually don't have ball magic or dancing like other games.

Also:

Top Bottom