• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why is it that everyone from Central/South America is against Argentina?
Argentina are one of the powerhouses of football in that region, and since they always annihilate most teams there there's a fierce rivalry.

Also since Argentina are the only true threat to Brazil in the region, they're extremely fierce rivals too.

Also because Maradona trolls everyone.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Tango and traditional asado are originally from Uruguay anyways

A little salty still about the Argentina loss I see.
Aside from the doctor that invented the artificial heart and a couple of models, futbol is all they have down there.

Anyways I'm neutral for the final. Maybe the match wont be as hype as we all expected but we should get something good. 3rd place match looks really good as well.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Get the hell off of my SWF :mad:
Wait.... YOUR SWF? I thought it Queen Killjoy and Crimson King (and whatever other admins) that owned this place :confused:

But it's an octopus. No matter how epic an octopus is, don't we all think that just because it places itself in a jar with a flag on it predicting the outcomes of the match is a bit ridiculous? And I don't see what the deal is, Paul has been wrong before

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Celebi, you seem like a really serious person.

It's just a silly game, lol.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hope that octopus dies and gets made into a sushi that gets fed to all his annoying supporters and they all die of food poisoning.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
wow finally out of work! yesterday I could see Spain vs Germany and I was really proud of how Spain played. it's pretty obvious that the score could have been more than just 1-0 (Germany also had options to score btw)

however, I think this particular duel will continue to be a classic in the next years, as both us Spain and Germany have very young talented players who can dominate the football scene.

now looking forward to Spain vs Netherlands, a great final between two teams that have never won the cup and are in a very good shape. I kinda fear the Netherlands as they have been able to run to the final without losing a single game, but Spain is Spain and I seriously believe we are the team who plays the best football in the world.

so hype

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Paul is legit <3

Germany played like crepe as well. What happened to their offence, they were playing such a defensive game, couldn't retain possesion at all. Only when they were a goal down did things even out, they attacked and had chances, but it was too late, why couldn't they do that at the start :mad:
It's like they saw spain and got scared to commit men forward.
Playing defensively for 90 minutes got then no where...

Good job spain, lacking that finisher though.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont know what was worse... Pedro not passing to Torres for an incredibly simple shot on goal , or when the dutch had a 3 vs goal keeper situation when they were up 3-1 against uruguay and got dispossesed. I guess being in front with not much left in the match makes people do dumb things but they were both ridiculous lol.

Anyone else notice how after Spain scored, for the rest of regulation time Germany completedly dominated posession while Spain couldnt hold onto it for more than 15 seconds before just banging it long and losing it? I was raging pretty hard every time they did that... such a professional team giving up the advantage over and over again.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Nice! Are we gonna predict the finals game and third place as well?!
I guess we are =)
Fill this before the game for third place : http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHNSWUNCdW5aMlkzVERaWEdxQkhzUmc6MA

As for the finals, go Netherlands ! I think that the Spanish squad is better, but I don't really like them. I also hope Germany will beat Uruguay for third place. I think they deserved better than third place, and that the game between them and Spain was what the finals should have been.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I truly believe that Germany's moral was completely shot when Paul made the prediction of Spain winning, that German team I saw yesterday was nothing compared to what I saw vs Argentina.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
that German team I saw yesterday was nothing compared to what I saw vs Argentina.
Yea, I expected a good game and thought the Germans would win. But they were just bleh, until the last 15 minutes...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Accursed Germany :mad:

Starts out strong but never finishes, just like in both World Wars. :mad:

Let's go Netherlands!

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
I said from the start of world cup it would be a Spain vs Holland final, seems I was correct, anyway I call Spain winning world cup 2-1.
Although Holland are yet to lose, and Spain's goal record this tournament hasn't been amazing, they did beat a German side that have scored a lot of goals overall and knocked out a strong Argentine side. Besides Spain are Spain, they are always a dark horse in these tournaments and full of surprises and strong teamwork.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah but you're forgetting that Holland's defence is dodgy as hell.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Spain's more than likely going to beat Holland.

Spain attacks, ALOT.
There hasn't been a single game where I haven't seen them not control the ball and have way more shots on goal than the other team.
Even when they lost, they controlled the ball alot, shot ALOT, just couldn't make that goal on the other hand, Swtzerland only shot like 5 times and got the goal.

Where I'm getting at here is that, Holland's defense sucks. Tbh it's one of the worst in the World Cup. They win, because they know how to score. Spain's defense is pretty good, won't be easy to be scored on, while Spain will probably score in the first 20 minutes.

Also, Spain deserves to win because it's probably one of the only teams that has played fair futbol. What I mean is, the ref's haven't really been a deciding factor on any of their matches.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
maybe paul predicted the loser and everyone interpreted it wrong =p

wooo the dutch and spain now....gonna be fun

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They score very few goals for how much they're on the attack though.

:059:
That's because their tactic is to just keep possession patiently. By just holding onto the ball they tire their opponent players by making them work harder. If they see an opening, they go for goal, but the key to their play is patience.

It has hindered them sometimes though, they can sometimes overdo it, but for the most part their playstyle works very well.

Also please stop talking about that ****ING octopus.

Kole

Smash Lord
Spain's goalkeeper will be a problem for the Dutch.

But 2-1 Holland, calling it now

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hopefully Wesley Sneijder gets AIDS and can't play the match so Spain can win for sure.

No not worried about Robben, Sneijder is far better.

Also Ramos will kill Robben anyway. Ramos is a beast and a nutcase. Spain's most awesome player.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Van Persie (who will explode on Sunday) +Robben (who will dive) got this.
Kuyt is going to **** up and **** will hit the fan which will make a Dutch victory a bit more dramatic.

Top Bottom