• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

SCOTU

Smash Hero
why do snake players change their control scheme or use some crazy dash down c up z **** to do the boost usmash? Do they not know you can just dash down c up c?

edit: I gotta see if i can do it that way for fox. Anyone know how easy it is that way for him? (I couldn't get it w/ any consistency w/ sheik like that)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Maybe it helps with timing Dash attack -> Usmash.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Unrelated question: Why aren't Fox players powershield->Usmashing things? Seriously.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
There's nothing I can't do because I use tap jump. >_>

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I use tap jump I dunno wtfyouguysaretalkingabout.

My biggest problem is the I sometimes do Nairs when I mean to do Fairs/Bairs. This is mostly with Kirby though so yeah.

And I also sometimes find myself charging a Smash when I intend to do a short hop aerial.

I tend to just blame wifi.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Tap jump is how real technical players do it. I'm probably the most technical player in this thread, and I not only leave tap jump on, but also use up for jump on full jumps and double jumps every time.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Tap jump is how real technical players do it. I'm probably the most technical player in this thread, and I not only leave tap jump on, but also use up for jump on full jumps and double jumps every time.
You cant set basic attacks/combos to the right stick, and even if you could, I turned easy specials off.
Yeah, you hurt my Bang real hard, good thing I don't know how to play him, or I'd be embarrassed.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hey hey hey

I do that too. I'm pretty technical. >_<

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey. HEY. I main Kirby.

Seriously, you think you can get more technical than that?
You cant set basic attacks/combos to the right stick, and even if you could, I turned easy specials off.
Yeah, you hurt my Bang real hard, good thing I don't know how to play him, or I'd be embarrassed.
I like how you quoted the wrong post

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Hey. HEY. I main Kirby.

Have you seen SCOTU's Fox in Melee? It's pretty ridiculous. Although I swear, half the time he wavelands just because he thinks it's fun, and not because it's actually a good decision.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sooooo do i. wow, i'm awesome.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hey. HEY. I main Kirby.

I don't see how pressing Y, then moving the control stick into the opposite direction of what Kirby is facing and hitting A, rinse and repeat, could be considered "technical", but maybe you can elaborate?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
sarcasm

and I set Y to Special. I jump with X.

I don't see why you would need to always fullhop with the control stick, and always double jump with the control stick. I don't understand how that is "more technical" rather than "personal preference" o_o

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Seriously. Only Foxes here. And especially no Toon Links; they're horrible people. Right, sasuke?

Top Bottom