• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Jet300

Smash Ace
I know the majority use GC controllers but I use Wii-Chuk and was wondering if anyone uses it and has had expierence with not responding wii motes... It's making me mad because I'm already still a noob player but now I'm performing at like 50% because I can't execute my combos because my Wiimote keeps lagging out or just plain not responding. I keep missing kills and doing some weird moves. Like when I try to do a Fair jumping off the ground It either just ends up with me jumping right beside the person with no attack, or I do some weird Dacus thing and don't even hit them. Seriously contemplating getting a GC controller now >.>
My old Classic controller use to do that. When I do Dair and upsmash. The character does the Dair but doesn't do the upsmash. So I decided to use my dads Classic controller pro.

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
My old Classic controller use to do that. When I do Dair and upsmash. The character does the Dair but doesn't do the upsmash. So I decided to use my dads Classic controller pro.
I figured out if I go closer to the sensor bar and keep the wii mote pointing straight at it while I'm playing, it works fine. Now i just have to stop moving the wiimote up when i'm playing xD

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
maybe he should just learn to use GC controller
Agreed. I rememebr playing with the nunchuk. It was soooo bad. and now that I was shown the GC, I am in Love! <3 Ooooh, I remember the first day I looked at him. So handsome and cool. And when I used him, the controls were smoother and nice....

But serious, throw that **** away and use a GC controller. :ganondorf:

Player-1

Smash Legend
good idea, I have an idea for the photo we can do, you guys all lie on the ground in a pile and I'll stand in a triumphant pose standing on top of you guys.

Jet300

Smash Ace
good idea, I have an idea for the photo we can do, you guys all lie on the ground in a pile and I'll stand in a triumphant pose standing on top of you guys.
And we can call you the fox slayer. Which I doubt we would

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
OMG yes! I got mad so I slapped my Wiimote around and now it works perfectly :D
I have those issues from time to time, disconnecting/reconnecting the nunchuck to the controller may help
if its a persistent problem, re-sync the wiimote
if that doesn't work, unplug then replug the wii.

otherwise, change tv's

I had a huge issue with this when playing on one tv for hours
but in tournaments it happens so rarely, so it may be that

I personally hate GC's for Fox, just because you can be faster with a wiimote+nunchuck

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
I have those issues from time to time, disconnecting/reconnecting the nunchuck to the controller may help
if its a persistent problem, re-sync the wiimote
if that doesn't work, unplug then replug the wii.

otherwise, change tv's

I had a huge issue with this when playing on one tv for hours
but in tournaments it happens so rarely, so it may be that

I personally hate GC's for Fox, just because you can be faster with a wiimote+nunchuck
Really? it feels pretty fast but I thought it was equal with the Gamecube.

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
Really? it feels pretty fast but I thought it was equal with the Gamecube.
O no,
thats just me, it depends on the player
i just say it because having movement on one hand and attacks on the other is faster for me.
but thats just me, I tried GC but I couldn't get the speed I was looking for, but it may work for you

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
Uhm.... Isn't that how it is with the GC as well? I mean.... I'm trying to understand.
I mean having jump on one hand and c-stick/attack button on the other helps me do aerials faster, I could never get going from x/y/R/L to c-stick precisely on GC.

though maybe you could change controls to get around that
but thats my personal preference
its a matter of getting used to it in the end. Try both, see which one works best for you.

Top Bottom