• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
That's partly because he can't afford to get stylish against characters that would otherwise body the **** out of Fox. Namely the two best and gnarliest players in his area, Tyrant and Larry.

Like my Fox is purely style. It was never really effective except against Dedede, DK and Lucario.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
That's partly because he can't afford to get stylish against characters that would otherwise body the **** out of Fox.
Not entirely true. Flashy stuff, depending on the situation, can be either high risk, low risk, high reward, or low reward. Basically, TKD could afford it in SOME situations, but the basics are ALWAYS more dependable.
Like my Fox is purely style. It was never really effective except against Dedede, DK and Lucario.
It was purely something. However it was purely less than what your Sonic is.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
ohai

tenohais
...... huh?

TKD fox may not be considered stylish in your opinion but performing so well at such a high level tournament play I feel is pretty stylish or awesome all by itself
or at least he proven that a fox player can do well in tournies if anyone willing to make such a commitment to be a fox main

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Well, not to be a downer, or to sound egotistical, but a lot of us here already knew Fox had the kind of potential TKD is expressing currently. It's just none of us have made the commitment or have the experience in smash in general to apply ourselves for competent tourney play. Although I give him major props from seeing every result posting of every tourney he goes to. His Fox is solid, and I love watching him win, but I love watching stuff like Toronto Joe's combo video more. If you haven't seen it, it's the kind of stuff that just makes you laugh and your opponent mad.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Yeah get what you mean but what I notice reading through out the boards is that people who main any character also feel that their character has pontential for one reason or another or should be higher in the tier list
I didnt say that other fox vids were lame
Ive seen the combo vid I like the part were Toronto Joe fair stage spike mk on lylat cruise lol

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
its funny, as soon as TKD spends time on fox's CQC, its game over for alot of pro's XD

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yea he's got that long-range stuff and bait things down.

EDIT: Save moment in the dead area of the Fox Boards- currently there are 6 people here and all are members and not guest.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Two ways to do it. Only one way will actually work right now.

1) Request to the Boards Mods. (We don't have any -.-)
2) Buy the premium.

Yea things are rough without a mod.

ALSO WTF 7 PEOPLE!

ACTIVITY!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
whoever invented a lack of art of Ki (from Druaga) should be shot. It immediately foiled any plans for me to get a new sig/avi

DarkAura

Smash Lord
worst commercial... ever... biggest scam... ever

returning from nowhere again, anyone heard anything about rookie lately? i feel like he just dropped off the map

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Yeah it makes me said that Rookie is no longer a Fox main.

Like his facebook status would be like "drinking beer, eating fried chicken, playing Diddy."

I still love him though. I want him to win. He deserves to.

i would of understood if he quit for diddy about a year ago, but at a time like this where fox players are getting better and better...

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Man Light is a beast that I think doesn't get enough attention. I'll get recent (even though it was wifi) of him up.
true, light is insane

i really want to know where my fox is now... having not played consistently once in 2010 im dying to figure out if over watching and studying gameplays iv gotten better, worse, or stayed the same

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
true, light is insane

i really want to know where my fox is now... having not played consistently once in 2010 im dying to figure out if over watching and studying gameplays iv gotten better, worse, or stayed the same
Last we played I was amazed with your technical skill.

EDIT: I guess I'm getting better, it's just without good training partners and the good ones live a good distance away.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Last we played I was amazed with your technical skill.

EDIT: I guess I'm getting better, it's just without good training partners and the good ones live a good distance away.
ah yeah i remember those matches... some of the best matches iv played because iirc we were dead even

yeah i never really have anyone to play with... i have a few friends from school but they aren't exactly... good, i could actually be playing with toronto joe today and tomorrow cause it's anime north this weekend but i don't know if he's there or not.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You've gotta be kidding me. You post that you want to see if any new fox mains will post, and I (being a new fox main) do just that and all you can say is "....... huh?" Nice work.
To be fair all you said was ohai and didn't introduce yourself or anything, but anyways.

Welcome the Fox Boards, the furriest of them where we go pew pew and Usmash people into next tuesday.

If you need any help or getting around here or the rest of the Smashboards. Feel free to ask me or anyone else around the boards. Please place your info into the Fox Directory so we can keep up with you and your future with us, don't make new threads unless it is something really important, look and ask in the Q and A thread first, all Fox videos are in the Fox Archive and his frame data and combo/string info in Uzi's thread. These are all stickied so you can't miss them. We hope to see great things from you as a Fox main now.

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
haha I think I came off as being fairly sarcastic (sorry bout that, not tryin to be a douche).

Anyways I'm pretty darn familiar with smashboards and smash in general, but I haven't posted much. Trying to get more familiar with matchups. Especially vs a few of the specific characters (best smasher in utah mains sonic: crazy right?).

I probably won't post much until I've gone through all of the character match-up exports that I am having issues with seeing as I've been away from the competitive scene for about a year and a half.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
You've gotta be kidding me. You post that you want to see if any new fox mains will post, and I (being a new fox main) do just that and all you can say is "....... huh?" Nice work.
Im sorry I didnt know what your were trying say :(
welcome to the fox boards
on a different note im getting into that sd card hacking and I was wondering if you guys had any good music suggestions for smashville or yoshi island

Lightning93

Smash Champion
OHAI!

Thanks Iblis, I know I don't have a very impressive tourney record, but I'm really trying to work on it. Thanks for your continued support everyone.

And omg, Old Spice commercials always make me laugh. The Onion is amazing as well.

Sukai

Smash Champion
hi im new here

i just picked up fox and i love his speed adn his combos like dair and aaaaaaaaaaaaa. and lol shine is brokne i get my freind all the time with it anyway im the best online no one has beeten me except for some lagspamming nubs in play with anyone.

Top Bottom