• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Video Game Club presents: The Fall Brawl 2010: September 18th, 2010

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
FGCU's Fall Brawl! 2010: Rules and Prizes.

*Note: rules may be subject to change*

Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2010

Florida Gulf Coast University, Student Union
10501 FGCU Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33965

Student Union Ballroom. 2nd floor.
Free Parking In garage next to Sudgen Hall

Call Andrew: Alleman, Co-tournament Manager at 561-222-5110
or: Christopher Walsh, Co-tournament Manager at 239-560-4582
(not my tournament but I was asked to post this on the site)

As this is a business sponsored tournament, there are NO door or registration fees!
Prizes will be provided by our sponsor Play-N-Trade Cape Coral!

Prizes: Gift Cards to Play N Trade Cape Coral.

1st: $60
2nd: $30
3rd: $10

All those in attendance will receive a 5 dollar gift card towards Play N trade Cape Coral

Schedule:

*2:00PM to 2:45PM Registration and Practice Rounds.
*3:00PM Tournament start time
*Tournament should end no latter than 10:00PM

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide claw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, (Ganondorf) the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs joint decisions are final.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counters:

Castle Siege
Pictochat
Green Greens
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Pokémon Stadium 2
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pirate Ship
Distant Planet
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Port Town: Aero Drive
Luigi's Mansion

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
dope, sounds good SSGUY i'll be going to this with a couple other Melee players possibly

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this is the same weekend as the ZP tourney, which is also in SFL. so your attendance might take a hit

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
this is the same weekend as the ZP tourney, which is also in SFL. so your attendance might take a hit
It's all good. I'm more of a participate than an organizer. How many times a year does ESAM hold a tournament?

gallax

Smash Hero
Im going to this and winning. If you ban halberd im going brinstar. If brinstar is banned im going PTAD. Im banning Delphino.

-!-

Smash Lord
How did this tournament seemed sooo perfect and after reading the last few CP stages became a Joke lol

anyways I'll most likely be here to win it and I'll assume it'll have teams unlike last time o_O??? it does say... Team attack "ON"

BTW you should add Shadow Mosis too >_> it never gets any love :(

Segendo

Smash Cadet
Hello I'm one of the tournament managers for FGCU's Fall Brawl 2010. I will try to answer your questions regarding this tournament as best I can.

Regarding Counter pick Stages from what I understand the list we have is the full complete legit stage list that is accepted by smashboards.

Due to the amount of people we expect to attend and the time constraints we are under, we do not plan on having teams/doubles.

As for people banning two stages when they get to counter pick; I will get back to you guys on that. I have to discuss it more with my fellow tournament manager.

Oh and thanks for posting this SSGuy.

Hope everyone attending will enjoy FGCU's Legit tournament!

-!-

Smash Lord
I knew it no teams... Sounded too good to be true :(

ohh just so u know those stages are not legit, not by smashboards lol look more into it cuz u have a handful that should be ban once u clear that up then there is no need to get two bans lol

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I knew it no teams... Sounded too good to be true :(

ohh just so u know those stages are not legit, not by smashboards lol look more into it cuz u have a handful that should be ban once u clear that up then there is no need to get two bans lol
can you send me the link to this.

i have seen the new cp stages and it looks like they got most of them.

-!-

Smash Lord
Oops lol there's a new BBR rule set :p

yea everything is legit lol I'm very surpeised at the new rules. Shouldn't that whole SD with bowser nd so on be changed? From what I read any match that ends with a SD the screen decides the winner regardless of who initiated. Its cool to how there shouldn't be any rule limiting edge grabs.

I gotta say with all those dumb stages its basically pointless for there to be "bans" lol just my opinion, I probably won't use my bans cuz either way ill get screwed :/ this is too funny, am I missing any other changes?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It's a RECOMMENDED list. Not the end-all-be-all list. In fact, this list brought upon an uproar for change in the BBR.

While this stage list is terrible, SSG and the other TOs for this can do whatever they want to the stage list.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It's a RECOMMENDED list. Not the end-all-be-all list. In fact, this list brought upon an uproar for change in the BBR.

While this stage list is terrible, SSG and the other TOs for this can do whatever they want to the stage list.
I think we are fine with how they line up now. I might want to make PKMN stadium 1 a neutral but would have to take one neutral away and make that a CP.

-!-

Smash Lord
D-Torr no disrespect lol but I know how this whole thing works nd l know The list will stay as it is in fact it wasn't changed much from how it is on the Ruleset thread lol that's the funny part ohh btw it is highly recommended that FD is a CP stage so it can't be a starter... Soooo u could swap PS1 now that u know FD doesn't belong there :) just pointing it out.

Anyways yea ill take on all those new stages... There has to be one where I don't totally suck lol Distant planet sounds sooo fun lmao

-!-

Smash Lord
ohh yes I knew something was missing lol FD can only be added if the number of starters becomes bigger nd has to be 7 lol including castle siege.

EDIT:

Btw PS1is still recommended as a starter so. If u really want just take out FD that's the best option. Just saying :/

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
BBR is a joke, just go with the Pound 4/Apex2010 ruleset for brawl and not be byaaaaaaad

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Can I bring a melee setup on the side? Please? :D
Yes you can. Let me advise you though, you will have to bring your own television due to the fact that we do have our own setups to control and they are very limited. A melee setup would be great though. I'll let you guys do that.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Sick and twisted.

Gonna rage through bracket at this. Speaking of which, how will seeding be done? I'm down to take care of that and show you guys how it can be done on Tio, and I probably know everybody enough to help determine who should be seeded where.

Tampa, where you at? Come down and smash with us! Anybody that wants to chill and brawl afterward, I'm game for about a million friendlies.

How many set-ups do you need? Can I play on my own TV? Everybody says otherwise, but I'd swear there is some lag on the projectors :(

Time
Runs
Away

-!-

Smash Lord
TRA!!! lol I'll definitely play a bunch of friendlies with you! :)

and yess u'll definitely do an excellent job at seeding :)

-!-

Smash Lord
I'm still amazed at how poorly the stages where picked out, the TOs didn't even bother to try to mix things around... they literally just Copy and Pasted the whole BBR Recommended Rule Set... now the list has every single possible stage that can be used (22 total). I think from all the tournaments I have been to this has the most available stages by far lol this list is not even balanced at all and here I HATED the MLG Stage selection lmao, bans are pretty much pointless now but w/e I'll just deal with it... it is free after all and were kinda getting paid to go :)

($5 Gift Card to PNT for everyone in case anyone missed it)

Anyways... I really wanna see all the good people Play :)

HYPE!!!!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm still amazed at how poorly the stages where picked out, the TOs didn't even bother to try to mix things around... they literally just Copy and Pasted the whole BBR Recommended Rule Set... now the list has every single possible stage that can be used (22 total). I think from all the tournaments I have been to this has the most available stages by far lol this list is not even balanced at all and here I HATED the MLG Stage selection lmao, bans are pretty much pointless now but w/e I'll just deal with it... it is free after all and were kinda getting paid to go :)

Anyways... I really wanna see all the good people Play :)

HYPE!!!!
Plus, Andrew and I will be chipping in for Dominos for all who enter.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Plus, Andrew and I will be chipping in for Dominos for all who enter.
This sounds too gooood to be true!

But if it is, I'll MM people for their slices of pizza. M!X, you down? It would be the first Pizza Match I've ever heard of, and I'm sure a PM will be twice as epic and intense as a MM. Lol!

Time
Runs
Away

Edit:

And don't worry about the stages too much, dawg. Like you said, it's a free tournament that's just supposed to be fun! And all you have to do is win the first match, if they gay you on the second, then take it back to a neutral, or CP them just as hard.

Segendo

Smash Cadet
PNT only gave us 80 of these to give away which should be more than enough basing off our last tournaments. But just in case I'm putting this little * in. *First 80 Get $5 PNT gift cards*

SSGUY could you update the main post with this.

Top Bottom