• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FFS: Flip the ****ing coinS (Edmonton, AB Canada)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
NEW TOURNAMENT THREAD http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328216

Date: September 29th, 2012, 12:00 pm

University of Alberta, General Services Building room 211
(for directions go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314331)

Schedule:

Room will Open at 12:00
Registration starts immediately, and doubles will start at 1:00
After doubles there will be a 30 min - 1hour break then singles will start immediately

Cost:

$10 per teammate in doubles
$10 per entrant in singles

Ruleset:

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by flipping a coin if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures or Melee re-textures over Fox and Falco are not. Simple recolors are allowed, however the margin for tolerance is very low in this regard, and is up to the TO's discretion.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:

NEUTRALS:

Battlefield
Final Destination
SmashVille
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Dreamland64
Lylat Cruise

COUNTER-PICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 1
Fountain Of Dreams
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone(Singles only)
SSE: Jungle (Doubles only)

NOTE: Deciding who strikes stages first will be done by flipping a coin, once that is done the order is as follows: 2 - 3 - 1
NOTE: This CP list is not final. I will make all changes before the tournament.

This is a bring your own controller event

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Whoa what the hell Andrew hahaha where on earth did you come from.

Yeah I'm down. Soooo down for some P:M. Anyone wanna team?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Me attending this is iffy. I will do my best tho
EDIT: No Metal Cavern? :(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Turns out my brother hongkongdisco will be able to hit this up. Connor as well./

Should be a damn blast, i'm really looking forward to this.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Most likely not

Well if you bring your own tv with melee then sure, but idk who's actually gonna play with you :/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think we should solidify a stage list to avoid confusion like yesterday. A lot of stages are fairly neutral, so the counter-picks can be reduced to slightly unorthodox stages that are slightly larger/smaller than the neutrals. On that note I feel like we should be a little less conservative with our neutrals.

I suggest we use these 18 stages as viable(?):
Battlefield
Dracula's Castle
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rumble Falls
SkyWorld
Smashville
SSE: Jungle
Temple
Wario Ware Inc.
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story Melee

I also think because of the vast stage list we have, we should have 3 bans instead of just the one between matches.

What do you guys think? I'm not too sure what we should use as neutrals and which to use as cp

Limeee

Smash Champion
for neutrals imo:

battlefield
dreamland
fd
FoD
metal cavern
pokestad2
smashville
yoshis story melee
wario ware?

i dont remember what sse jungle and skyworld/rumblefalls look like

Alphicans

Smash Hero
As much as I want to discuss stage lists right now I have a midterm and an assignment due tomorrow, so I'll start looking into it Tuesday.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If these p:m tourney thing is going to hit off, I also want a new name lol

Something simple like
Project:Melee Edmonton (PME)
Alberta Project:Melee (APM)
etc

Stevo

Smash Champion
Lylat?
I think I played on that stage once when I first got brawl and never again.

is that really considered a neutral/starter? (I don't know brawl or PM stage rules)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It is definitely starter worthy, and is a starter in a lot of brawl rulesets. Not sure if warioware > lylat due to having that tiered platform layout :/. I can see falco completely ******

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke can we change the tourney name?

And lylat for cp, ww for starter

That tilting **** on lylat is hard gay

:phone:

Limeee

Smash Champion
what makes warioware more gay than lylat?
lylat is basically a big awkward battlefield and doesn't add as much to the starter stagelist as warioware does

:009:

Top Bottom