• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FFS: Flip the ****ing coinS (Edmonton, AB Canada)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
what makes warioware more gay than lylat?
lylat is basically a big awkward battlefield and doesn't add as much to the starter stagelist as warioware does

:009:
I am disappointed in you :/. Lylat is very different from battlefield, and both are very different from warioware. All of lylat's platforms are on an even level AND the platforms are lower, meaning that even characters with lower range and short shorthops can benefit from the platforms, unlike battlefield where characters like marth for example benefit a lot while others do not. Warioware also gives ike a lot more recovery options, likely making it a great cp for him (plus the height of the platforms probably give him a unique advantage as well).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke P:M MM for an official name change Bo5 this sat.

Cause I played more Animal Crossing than any other game and I love the shiz outta that series <3 Super biased towards that map

T-block

B2B TST
SV is one of my favourite stages ^^

Even on a non-personal level (PT, Diddy, etc.) it's a good stage =\ Nothing to dislike except the bs balloon

btw the name is dumb ;)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
TBH, neither do I. Way too many fun choices.

During the last tournament these were what everyone was playing, more or less, in bracket. It's only the results order too.

Luke - DK, Toon Link
Jack - Ike, Snake
Connor - Bowser, Zelda
Brandon - Sonic
Myself - Wario, Wolf
Jamie - Mario
Mark - Ganon
Stephen - Ganon
Keith - Sheik

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Seeing as how well Luke did with his DK even though his DK was scrub in melee, makes me so scared to see your p:m DK in action.

Limeee

Smash Champion
sv in brawl at a high level is really stupid

mk gets too much power offstage when that platform is past the ledge
i still like it though

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I forgot Kongo Jungle 64, so that makes the viable stage list up to 19 stages. With Hyrule Temple 64 for double's, it would be up to 20 stages.

I propose 11 Starters gives us the chance to do a nice 1-2-2-1-1-2-2-1-1-2 striking system and with the current map pool being fantastic, we can be a little more generous with our starters.

Singles
Starter
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
SkyWorld
Smashville
Wario Ware Inc.
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story Melee

Counter-pick
Dracula's Castle
Kongo Jungle 64
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
SSE: Jungle
Temple

Doubles
Starter
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
SkyWorld
Smashville
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Dracula's Castle
Rumble Falls
SSE: Jungle

Counter-pick
Hyrule Temple 64
Kongo Jungle 64
Pokemon Stadium 1

Cause it's doubles, the larger stages are perfect for doubles matches. I took out the smaller once, especially with brawl having larger character models in general since it would cause a lot of congestion. Also what do you guys think if we had Hyrule Temple 64 as a possible legal stage for doubles? I also recommend we use FoD for doubles starters since we no longer have to worry about the lag that was in melee.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Because thats me totally getting them mixed up, my bad. I'll fix that right away.

Limeee

Smash Champion
hopefully we will have a laptop for this tourney so that we can use the board for writing the stagelist, cuz there is no way im remembering that whole stagelist

how many bans should we get?

T-block

B2B TST
lol of course

i saw jamie going "ps2 is one of the fairest, ps2 over ps1" and i was like IM SO PROUD <3

then i saw vic agreeing vehemently and i was like

...something's not right

WHAT DID THEY DO TO PS2

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Man I miss Mike.

Anyways I like the list Victor, but I would probably add green hill zone, and I may want to make the starter list 13 stages... Would anyone be opposed to 13 starter list on random for first match?

EDIT: I suggest random because the metagame is so unclear, I am not sure if striking will really be THAT effective.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That obviously goes without saying.

If we can go through with it this saturday, Brandon and I were also thinking about how we should put the proceeds towards Jarrett's family, and of course any additional donations as well.

Also, we really should change the name of this event (and i'm sure the others in the future) to something in memory of Jarrett.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've just talked to Luke and Sid about it. I think it's decided.

Even though Jarrett is one of our youngest smashers, he's been a part of the smash community here in Edmonton longer than almost any of us. He's spent the last 8 years of his life being actively involved with our ever growing community, travelling to every smashfest and every tournament. And of course, his mom is well aware of this.

We should really show his family how much we valued and cared about Jarrett not only as a kick-*** technical-as-**** samus but as a friend to all of us. I was thinking of taking a group photo of all of us, and perhaps a card, so we can all sign it. That way the donation is attached to something meaningful, since just giving his mother a handful of cash would be quite crass.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for a good event name give a shout.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Sid, will you be able to transport the funds to Jarrett's parents? And someone should bring some kind of safety deposit box or something so that you're not walking around with $500 in your pants haha. Unless you're comfortable just putting it in your backpack I suppose.

I really do think this is a great idea though, does anyone know when the funeral is?

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I don't know when the funeral will be yet. I would assume not during this weekend; His sister is in the same choir as me, and we're doing our annual Nakamun retreat this weekend. She's going, so they definitely wouldn't have one without her.

Devon said he plans on attending, so maybe we could just give it to him?

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
I know I haven't been active in the community for a long time but I've decided to attend this event in light of recent events. I think the group picture and card are an excellent idea but I agree with Victra that handing his mother cash might be a little crass. What is everyone's opinion on a donation to the Edmonton Autism society (http://www.autismedmonton.org/) instead of giving his family money(which seems a bit rude to be honest).

Top Bottom