• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FD = Counterpick

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
I know I've posted this thread before but it needs to be posted again. final destination is a scrub stage. People play it so they wont have to try to adapt to things like platforms. It's so easy to get good on that stage. Skilled players can adapt to platforms and more. ?While the non skilled have nothing in their way.

FD takes the strategy of using the stage to your advantage as a strategy because it is TOO PLAIN. This stage sucks, and is for scrubs and idiots who are trying to get good. People who play at highers levels prefer stages such as battlefield because It really shows skill.

FD focuses too much on ground play. The platforms on battlefield make it fair for aerial fighters. Lets face it. AERIALS REQUIRE MORE SKILL THAN GROUND MOVES.

FD has a super gimp ledge thingy that favors good recoveries like Pit, Rob, and MK. It makes it unfair for those who lack projectiles. Not to mention that it is camping heaven. FD f*cking sucks and shouldn't be neutral. This stage is not for good players at all.

Amide

Smash Lord
I agree Final Destination is annoying, but "air requires more skill"? Come on.

Silver Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
I would like to get the attempt at the movement to change FD's status to counterpick or banned to rest... It is just a flat platform. If that isn't neutral, nothing is. Get over yourself. If just three more platforms truly makes the game a lot harder, than you need to play something even simpler than Brawl. kthxbai.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
"People play it so they wont have to try to adapt to things like platforms. It's so easy to get good on that stage. Skilled players can adapt to platforms and more. While the non skilled have nothing in their way."

It also takes skill to NOT have to use platforms to your advantage. If you rely on platforms that that makes you a scrubby player too.

"FD takes the strategy of using the stage to your advantage as a strategy because it is TOO PLAIN. This stage sucks, and is for scrubs and idiots who are trying to get good. People who play at highers levels prefer stages such as battlefield because It really shows skill."

Again, a good player doesn't have to rely on the stage to help them.

"FD focuses too much on ground play. The platforms on battlefield make it fair for aerial fighters. Lets face it. AERIALS REQUIRE MORE SKILL THAN GROUND MOVES."

Ever thought that BF focuses too much on aerials??? Characters with good upsmashes and uairs OWN that stage. You're probably just saying this because you main one of the space animals who all have beast up smashes.

"FD has a super gimp ledge thingy that favors good recoveries like Pit, Rob, and MK. It makes it unfair for those who lack projectiles. Not to mention that it is camping heaven. FD f*cking sucks and shouldn't be neutral. This stage is not for good players at all."

For the lips, try not to get knocked off the stage. Getting around projectiles isn't that hard. As for camping, just camp their ***** back.

:|

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
air moves require more skill than some gorund moves. like the timing for instance, some aerial moves have to have the right timing to hot someone with it

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Uhh, some characters have an advantage with platforms and others don't. I prefer Battlefield when I play Marth because he can use the platforms better but no matter what I usually take Meta Knight to FD with any character. I don't see why you're callin it a scrub stage. What about a flat stage makes it bad?

Edit: Oh, I just realized you're probably some 12 year old who sucks at this game. L2Brawl pl0x

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Every stage favors Pit, Rob, and MK, They have some of the best recoveries, its your fault that they're getting back up. Its a flat stage, theres nothing that interferes, it may be better for people with projectiles, but those are easy to get around, JUMP? Lol, you're argument is fail.

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
If for any reason Final Destination is to be moved from Neutral to Counterpick, it would have to be those stupid edges that gimped like in Melee (except I find it even worse in Brawl)....other than that...no reason and air skills do not require more than ground skills....they are equal imo. Just different mind games.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The effects of someone that is constantly beat by someone who picks FD. Learn to adapt or pick up a secondary.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I know I've posted this thread before but it needs to be posted again.
No, it really doesn't
final destination is a scrub stage.
Wolf says hi.
People play it so they wont have to try to adapt to things like platforms.
Maybe you have to adapt to a plain stage?

It's so easy to get good on that stage. Skilled players can adapt to platforms and more. ?While the non skilled have nothing in their way.
Adapting to things doesn't always make you better? Straight up fighting proves skill too?
FD takes the strategy of using the stage to your advantage as a strategy because it is TOO PLAIN.
The more simplistic, the less johns.
This stage sucks, and is for scrubs and idiots who are trying to get good.
lolwut? So your saying if a good player likes FD they're a scrub? Oh, and Ice Climbers say hi.
People who play at highers levels prefer stages such as battlefield because It really shows skill.
No. They prefer the stages they like/ do better on.
FD focuses too much on ground play.
You have the ability to jump, so no.
The platforms on battlefield make it fairbetter for aerial fighters.
fix'd
And flat surfaces make it better for people who can chain grab.
Lets face it. AERIALS REQUIRE MORE SKILL THAN GROUND MOVES.
Game and Watch's Bair says hi.

FD has a super gimp ledge thingy that favors good recoveries like Pit, Rob, and MK.
No johns.
Learn to recover or pick another charecter.
Oh, and if you still get stuck under the ledge at FD at this point, wow. Thats sad.
It makes it unfair for those who lack projectiles.
I'm sure Kirby mains/Dedede mains/MK mains/any person who knows how to get past spamming wouldn't care.
Not to mention that it is camping heaven.
Once again, no johns. Get over it. Pick another charecter if you must.
FD f*cking sucks and shouldn't be neutral.
No U.
This stage is not for good players at all.
^
Read everything I put.

CALOZ

Smash Apprentice
I agree

FD really sux imo

I used to pic it all the time.

But now it gets borin and not fun

kupo15

Smash Hero
I have no problem with FD. What bugs me the most is that FD is the ONLY stage they want to play at and claim its the most neutral and fair level (that is very subjective) . Im like, have a little more variety please. There is nothing wrong with Yoshis or BF or SV. They claim that Im better at ledges and it gives me an adv. They say the same thing about Yoshis, yet that stage is a Pit counterpick. Go figure, they are scrubs....

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I agree.... Just not so vehemently. I have been traumatized by Pit on FD, and I DON'T LIKE IT! We should all switch to smashville. :chuckle: That stage is like FD without the camping and gimping edges.

samai

Smash Apprentice
Yah we should all play 75m because that makes adapting harder/ sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom