• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Zelda Games ~ Which Are Yours?

Favorite Zelda Game(s)

• Total voters

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
My personal favorites are Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. The darker theme to these games made them very enjoyable for me. Could definitely play through each of these again with pleasure.

-

The poll is multiple choice, so vote for any and as many of the choices as you please!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to vote on those two as well, but I'm adding Link's Awakening.

Link's Awakening might have been my first Zelda game. I know it's one of the games I've played the most.

First on the Gameboy, than the Gameboy color version,
ROM version
, and downloaded from eshop

I just liked the items in Twilight Princess. It was awesome having the ball and chain

I just want to know why the CD-I games were not explicitly added to this poll? Quantifying it under other I think is an insult to those games. They need the opportunity to have a slot to it own only for us to truly show how bad those games are as we see it get 0 votes the whole time.

Tavitoes

Smash Cadet
The original. I found everything very open-ended. There were some glitches, though. For example, you walk into a shop and you can't buy anything, even if you have enough crystals.

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet
A Link to the past. That was my first Zelda game and one of the best classics I have ever played. I would enjoy it in any of its versions (SNES, GBA, Virtual Console, etc.)

Jet300

Smash Ace
Wind waker was my favorite game. It was very interesting game and it always brought back old memeriors. I didnt made my own profile, i used my brother's profile. I haven't played wind waker in years and ne and my brother beat the game. We were on the phantom Ganon part when link goes back to ganons island. When the game stopped. I was so mad. When that happen. I watched the phantom Ganon and the game playthrough.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Voted OoT and MM. In retrospect MM is the superior product but OoT was a more transformative experience. You always remember your first, I guess, and OoT was many different kinds of first for me.

I wish there were a larger study that collected more information than just people's favorites. I'd love to cross-reference these answers with things like:
- How many people voted for their first Zelda game as their favorite?
- How many Zelda games have people played? How many other titles did each game have to beat on average to get to the top of a person's list?
- Is people voting for a given game a reliable indicator that they haven't played certain other installments of the series?

And so on.

etecoon

Smash Hero
LTTP-MM was the series' best run IMO, more polished than the NES titles but still before the series became really stagnant and repeatedly tried to reproduce what OoT did

Voted OoT and MM. In retrospect MM is the superior product but OoT was a more transformative experience. You always remember your first, I guess, and OoT was many different kinds of first for me.
opposite experience for me, OoT is arguably a superior product as it was more refined, more accessible etc but MM crept into some corner of my subconscious and did things to me that no other game has ever done

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like how it took over a decade for MM to start achieving the recognition it deserved.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Basically anything from Oracles of Seasons/Ages and before. Of those, however, I like Majora's Mask the most. I played almost all of the other ones, and even though Wind Waker was great, the rest of the games came off as pretty boring to me, which is pretty unfortunate.

:phone:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not surprised to see the top 5 on the poll at all. My favorite has been MM ever since it was released. There was just something "different" about it, that still made it fit so well with the series. That and Ikana Canyon/Stone Tower are two of the most interesting locations in any game for me. Second though, I'd put TP, and OoT. I just felt like TP had a more "complete" experience, but I've played OoT through 10+ times anyway.

Virtually all Zelda games are masterpieces though, so sometimes it seems weird to argue which one is the best. :cool:

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Majoras Mask in the lead? Ok.

My personal favorite is certainly Twilight Princess. I just love the atmosphere in that game. Majoras Mask just makes me stressed.

I really like Zelda II for the NES as well.

Sawybean

Smash Rookie
I really liked the original game, just because of how non-linear it was.
But of course, all of the other games were good, particularly the 2 N64 games and Skyward Sword.
I also thoroughly enjoyed Wind Waker, because of its art style and its gameplay. I really liked the boat segments, contrary to popular opinion.

Insom

Smash Apprentice

I wish there were a larger study that collected more information than just people's favorites. I'd love to cross-reference these answers with things like:
- How many people voted for their first Zelda game as their favorite?
- How many Zelda games have people played? How many other titles did each game have to beat on average to get to the top of a person's list?
- Is people voting for a given game a reliable indicator that they haven't played certain other installments of the series?

And so on.
This is a good idea. Someone should do this. Perhaps I will.

Sawybean

Smash Rookie
Actually, the first Zelda game I played was (really quite unfortunately) one of the CDI games. It almost turned me off to the experience entirely.

TundraZer0

Smash Rookie
Favorite 3D Zelda Game: Majora's Mask

Favorite 2D: The Adventure of Link. (No, that's not a typo. lol)

finalark

SNORLAX
It actually boggles me. Why is Majora's Mask so popular now when it wasn't that popular during its initial release?
Because back then people didn't like it for different from OoT. And somehow over a decade after the fact it's suddenly some deep, artistic masterpiece because people can't differentiate between "deep" and "dark."

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Because back then people didn't like it for being different from OoT. And somehow over a decade after the fact it's suddenly some deep, artistic masterpiece because people can't differentiate between "deep" and "dark."
Yeah. I see a lot of people say that like it because it is "dark", but I like it because I thought it was "deep". Twilight Princess is "dark" too, but it is not one of my favorite Zelda games. I enjoy all the side quests that involve helping people in Majora's Mask and I think the game being a little bit on the short side actually helps its replay-ability.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Majoras Mask is amazing because the world actually feels alive. No other Zelda has something like that.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
ALttP by a large margin.
Honorable mention to OoT, for being highly successful in its transition from 2D to 3D. MM for being OoT, but better.
WW is alright too, I guess.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
There are so many good Zelda games, it's quite hard to rank.

Wind Waker, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, Adventure of Link and A Link to the Past had the greatest impressions on me.

Honourable mentions go to The Legend of Zelda and Oracle of Ages.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
The Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks - because there's no sense of destiny to them. In both of those games Link is just an ordinary kid who stands up and does something. He has to work incredibly hard to earn the Triforce which is at no point guaranteed. A 'Chosen One' is a hallmark of lazy writing.

Zelda/Tetra actually does something useful as well, though I wish Tetra had never 'transformed' into Zelda and been immediately kidnapped. She would have made a handy travelling companion.

Also great soundtracks.

Skyward Sword comes in third for me, but I didn't give it a vote in the poll.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Link's Awakening and Wind Waker. Zelda works better with a lighthearted tone.
LA isn't that lighthearted though, it's really the only game in the series where Link has to make a difficult ethical decision where his actions have negative consequences

And MM was simply massively under appreciated when it was first released, it always had a small cult following that respected it but it progressively got more popular with the GCN and Wii VC re-releases. I also think it's a game that ages very well because there isn't much like it, it and LA are the most unique

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
And MM was simply massively under appreciated when it was first released, it always had a small cult following that respected it but it progressively got more popular with the GCN and Wii VC re-releases. I also think it's a game that ages very well because there isn't much like it, it and LA are the most unique
Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time what Spirit Tracks is to Phantom Hourglass - a vastly improved game using the same engine as its predecessor but unappreciated in its own time because of some unusual mechanics.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
MM is my favorite by far. It's like a collection of melancholy short stories, and a sidequester's paradise.

SS is my second favorite.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past. Not only were they the games I grew up with but they're also the only games I would actually replay over and over again after beating.

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
LA isn't that lighthearted though, it's really the only game in the series where Link has to make a difficult ethical decision where his actions have negative consequences
Really? There isn't a decision. You absolutely have to wake up the Wind Fish to complete the game.

etecoon

Smash Hero
YOU have no choice, that does not mean the protagonist has no choice. most games inherently give the player little or no input on the outcome of a story regardless of the fact that the characters are in fact making decisions.

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
The game doesn't deeply explore Link's decision (Link himself can barely even be called a character with regards to story, he is literally just a vessel for the player) or the consequences of it, though. It IS an interesting concept, ending the game with the setting completely erased, but the game talks about its ramifications only briefly.

Top Bottom