• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Zelda Game Poll

What is your favorite Zelda Game?

• Total voters

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
No, and I've owned it for over a year on DS.
Though I enjoyed Chrono Trigger's time travel storyline, I think OoT and OoA did a better job with the interactivity with the world's environment between time periods. If you blew up something in the past, it would change for the future period. It was a great and unique way to solve puzzles throughout the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Though I enjoyed Chrono Trigger's time travel storyline, I think OoT and OoA did a better job with the interactivity with the world's environment between time periods. If you blew up something in the past, it would change for the future period. It was a great and unique way to solve puzzles throughout the game.
THE only thing that really blew up in the past that affected the future was the well...

the only real activity between the times is the magic beans

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
THE only thing that really blew up in the past that affected the future was the well...

the only real activity between the times is the magic beans
The connection's much more emphasized in Oracle of Ages.

They seem to have taken a small idea from OoT and expanded on it, like they do with so many other Zelda games.

rhan

Smash Hero
Time travel is confusing as ****...

I need to play both Oracles. I tried playing Seasons and got stuck. I think I got to the 2cd or 3rd dungeon entrance and didn't fingure out how to get inside.

D13

Smash Ace
I'll tell your right now that I haven't played half of these. But I really loved A Link to the Past.

rhan

Smash Hero
I've never played it but I've seen screen shots. Personally I'd have more fun playing Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. I see the game as ways Nintendo can meatride a series and pump money out of the consumer. Kinda like what they did with Pokemon spinoffs.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I wouldn't talk smack about a game I haven't played.

That's like, one of the Ten Commandments of Video Gaming, lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If you've ever seen the cover to it, you'd realise that it's fail. It look almost as bad as Link's crossbow training.

http://lanpartyguide.com/zelda/tingle_rupee.jpg

Click if you don't cherish eye sight.
I love that cover. I really wish the game would have made it to American shores.
I've never played it but I've seen screen shots. Personally I'd have more fun playing Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. I see the game as ways Nintendo can meatride a series and pump money out of the consumer. Kinda like what they did with Pokemon spinoffs.
Not true at all. If Nintendo wanted to milk Zelda, they would have made some true spin-offs already, but they haven't. Link's Crossbow Training was created to promote the Wii Zapper, which failed hard. The game was packaged with the peripheral for $20.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Wind Waker is doing surprisingly well to me..

I didn't know there were that many fans of it. Nice to see.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
**** it, people, don't you want to see something other than OoT win for once? :mad:

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Where's the LoZ/AoL love? A lot of Zelda games I've never felt compelled to complete, but these two have a charm that keeps me playing for some odd reason. According to this poll at this time, I'm the only person who voted for AoL.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Clownbot: What's wrong with OoT winning? It just means that it's the favorite game of a plurality of Zelda fans here. I voted for it because it is my favorite game. If I voted for a different game, I'd be going against how I truly felt. I considered voting for LA, because it's the closest challenger for me, but in the end I felt that I liked OoT more. That's just as valid as your own vote for whatever you like the most.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm suing rhan for causing me to go legally blind in both eyes. BOTH FRIGGEN EYES! :mad:.... *sniffle* It burns...... I hope you have a good lawyer!
LOL My lawyer is Chuck Norris. What chu gon dew?

Not true at all. If Nintendo wanted to milk Zelda, they would have made some true spin-offs already, but they haven't. Link's Crossbow Training was created to promote the Wii Zapper, which failed hard. The game was packaged with the peripheral for $20.
That's basically what I ment. It just a game to promote some kind of crap nintendo made trying to get the consumer to buy thier products.

Spire

III
BRoomer

LOL My lawyer is Chuck Norris. What chu gon dew?

That's basically what I ment. It just a game to promote some kind of crap nintendo made trying to get the consumer to buy thier products.
Chuck Norris jokes.. really? Lame.

I actually consider it the most fun I've had with the zapper, seeing as how only a handful of games support it. Besides, it seems as if LCT was also a test for them to explore new ways to approach the series. Miyamoto loves FPS's, and while this was not really one, it certainly tapped into that realm more so than any other game in the series. It was not just a promotional tool, but a Zelda experiment.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah my sense of humor is really bad.... :(

Spire: I can see where you're comming from. I guess I need to try the game out then, huh? I used the Wii Zapper once for RE: Umbrella Chonicles. It was fun but it's not much of a different than just playing with a Wiimote.

Scott!

Smash Lord
LCT made me wish that it was merged into the Wii version of TP, because although it was hard to adjust to for me, it was also pretty fun, especially for the actual fights from the game. I'm thinking hidden village especially was awesome, considering how heavily it draws from western shoot-outs already. Making it a shooter was awesome.

Of course, it also had a rapid-fire feature for the crossbow. That was strange.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I haven't looked through all these pages, but I have a suggestion. Maybe make a poll 'Favorite 3D Zelda Game' (As in MM, OoT, TP, and WW). But only those who have played all of them can vote. It might create better info.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't looked through all these pages, but I have a suggestion. Maybe make a poll 'Favorite 3D Zelda Game' (As in MM, OoT, TP, and WW). But only those who have played all of them can vote. It might create better info.
Why restrict it only to the 3D games?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Clownbot: What's wrong with OoT winning? It just means that it's the favorite game of a plurality of Zelda fans here. I voted for it because it is my favorite game. If I voted for a different game, I'd be going against how I truly felt. I considered voting for LA, because it's the closest challenger for me, but in the end I felt that I liked OoT more. That's just as valid as your own vote for whatever you like the most.
Yeah, I know, and it would be terrible to not vote for your favorite, but I guess I'm just tired of OoT always being put on some pedestal (no pun intended) as, like, the GREATEST GAME EVARZ. :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
So the 2-D ones stand a chance.

Wouldn't Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks count towards the 3-D aspect of the Zelda games?
I say no. They are technically 2.5D, built to feel like the 2D games, but with 3D makeup. When limiting the games to "3D only", it's basically saying "all 3D Zelda games that are core titles", meaning those that debut on the consoles, not handhelds, and follow the formula (which excludes spinoffs like LCT). That includes: OoT, MM, WW, and TP only. Those are the big four, with Zelda Wii being the 5th once it comes out.

auraldo...

Smash Rookie
i go wind waker...the story is just awesome (c'mon you endend up fightin an evil king just to save your sister...lol)
...also it features imo the best dungeon ever.........the tower of the gods!!
...for my second game i will choice Minish Cap...i have completed it at 100% though...
i liked...oot but...actually i have only played it once...the later dungeons are too long and...confusing(not to say that i don't prefer collecting rupees in...ww only to get the 8 triumph forks)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty obvious by now that OoT will be the victor.

How much longer is the poll going on?

Mewter

Smash Master
i go wind waker...the story is just awesome (c'mon you endend up fightin an evil king just to save your sister...lol)
...also it features imo the best dungeon ever.........the tower of the gods!!
...for my second game i will choice Minish Cap...i have completed it at 100% though...
i liked...oot but...actually i have only played it once...the later dungeons are too long and...confusing(not to say that i don't prefer collecting rupees in...ww only to get the 8 triumph forks)
Lol. I remember that. The eight "triumph forks"...
:laugh:

Top Bottom