• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Stand Up Comedian

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Because he's unfunny; he relies on shock value and tired race jokes over and over and over, rather than coming up with something uniquely funny or witty. Also, he's not really Mexican, and his first name isn't actually Carlos, yet his premise largely depends on him being extremely Mexican.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dane Cook is overrated IMHO, and Carlos Mencia is laughable in the fact of how stupid and untalented he happens to be.

antimatter

Smash Lord
thank you very much, I appreciate the prompt answers and can clearly see where you're coming from.
I also like Jim Gaffigan, Jon Stewart, Ron White, Demetri Martin, and Jeff Dunham.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
My favorite stand-up comedian will always be Ellen DeGeneres. I have never seen a woman (or a man for that matter) that can make me laugh like her.

Polyamorous

Smash Rookie
George Carlin, no doubt. At this point, I prolly come off as an insane Carlin obsessed fan. So, here's my follow-up list:

Lenny Bruce
Chris Rock
Demetri Martin
Russell Peters
Richard Pryor

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My favorite stand-up comedian will always be Ellen DeGeneres. I have never seen a woman (or a man for that matter) that can make me laugh like her.
Oh, I forgot about her. I feel like she may have lost a little of her comedic flair in recent years (she's really more of a talk show host than she is a comedienne now), but she had me in stitches on one of her stand-up specials a few years ago (I think it was on HBO, and she still had somewhat long-ish hair. Longer than it is now anyway. She mentioned a "pickle claw").

Aesir

Smash Master
Carlos Mencia/ Dane Cook

Where funny then they got unoriginal, it also doesn't help they steal jokes, I for one prefer the older acts of Dane Cook, they may have been ripped off but his actions just made it work.

Demetri Martin: isn't that funny, he relies on props to be funny. The props just aren't even that funny to begin with.

People must have dry humor now a days or something.

anyway my favorites.

George Carlin

Lewis Black

Eddie Izzard

Mitch Hedberg

just to name a few =o

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
George Carlin is dead. I'd suggest a moment of silence, except by his own words, he'd be against it.

Let the scarring begin.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Bob Nelson: He does a lot of bits with props and stuff with his voice that's too long to post. YouTube him. It's worth it.

Demetri Martin: If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead. That's a **** life.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
I have to say george carlin, not only because the man is a genius, he is the father of comedy as we know it today. because of the seven words you'll never hear on T.V.. he brought up a first amendment case that allows all the comedians to do their stand up acts the way they want to them be done to this day. That's the reason he is my favorite, but in general i enjoy all stand up comedians.

why do we drive in parkways and park in driveways.
= George Carlin=

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
@ Carlos Mencia: *Face Palm* He isn't funny.
Dave Chappelle is one the most talented comedians ever! He created so many memorable skits such as "A moment in the life of Lil' John" WHAT? HUH? YEAH!!

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
Dane Cook was my fav, but he has just continuously gotten worse and worse it seems. He's like abusing his fame with the crappy movies he puts out and his stand up routine I saw live was heavily story and sexually oriented. Granted, Dane is the mastah at jokes like that...but he's kind of used it too much in my opinion. He's always had the dirty side, but it wasn't the main focus of his jokes. Now it seems you can't go through one routine without there being something provocative...and that wasn't the way Dane rolled. He didn't need to. He was just Dane cook the silly b****

but anyway, definitely demetri martin right now.

rock, paper, scissors...never got that. rock smashes scissors....scissors are destroyed can't do anything. Scissors cut paper...paper is in a million pieces...police are cleaning this up for weeks. Paper covers rock.........ROCK IS FINE! No structural damage to rock! Paper sucks!!!! It should be Rock, dynamite with a cuttable wick, scissors.

Metà

Smash Master
George Carlin, by far. A few months ago I decided to watch pretty much every video of him on YouTube that I could find.Then I read all his books, and right after I finished reading them, he died. : ( This man is a legend, and I'm shocked at the small amount of Carlin <3 in this thread.

I've watched quite a bit of stand-up, but I've forgotten most of the names, cause it's been a long time. -_- I've always been a HUGE fan of Monty Python though. Seriously, my dad introduced me to it when I was like, 6 years old, and it's completely warped my mind. XD British humour ftw

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
Is anyone watching Last comic standing right now. I am so ticked off that the two finalists are iliza and marcus. I mean there funny but Sean, Jim, Jeff and Louis were much funnier. And God's Pottery was much more intuitive and creative. I think marcus is the better of the two and he's pretty funny. It's just that out of anyone in the finals that should've been kicked off was Iliza. All of her jokes are about the same things over and over again and it's not a funny subject. Well at least Joel Mcchale was on the finale, he was probably the best part of the show tonight.

Top Bottom