• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Newcomer in Ultimate?

k1wi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0517-7487-4596
When I say favorite newcomer, I’m talking about the character that you think is the most fun to play as. But honestly my favorite newcomer to play with would be Incineroar. He’s a pretty neato character, even though his recovery isn’t the greatest, he’s just a really fun character to play with and I just find it kinda funny how he does little taunts after he uses smash attacks and such. It’s the closest we’ll probably ever get to taunting online. But basically he’s a cool cat.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Ken for sure. Simon looks cool too but I haven’t played as him yet for some reason.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
The only newcomer I use fairly often is :ultincineroar:, so I'll have to go with him. While his slow movement is annoying, his quick, heavy hits are well worth the effort.

EDIT: How could I forget about :ultpiranha:? I still play :ultincineroar: more, but I can't help but mention #PlantGang.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had enough time with the game yet to its hard to pick. Plus there is still future DLC.
So far though, Its a toss up between Incineroar, Piranha Plant, and Ridley.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So far, it's :ultisabelle:, but I'm not big on any of them. Purely from a game-play perspective, this batch of newcomers was weaker than Smash 4 for me.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Also gonna say Inkling. I've always liked the character design despite not being a Splatoon fan; I wanted to like her immediately but her kit didn't really click with me the first time I played her. I don't know what changed, especially, but she gradually started growing on me and now she's in my top 3.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My top 8 (of newcomer smash mains)

1. :ultincineroar:
2. :ultinkling:
3. :ultdaisy:
4. :ultisabelle:
5. :ultkrool:
6. :ultpiranha:
7. :ultridley:
8.:ultbanjokazooie:
9. :ultdarksamus:
10. Byleth (Female)
At least for now

Updated: I included Banjo and Kazooie and Byleth to my list

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ridley.

I've wanted him in ever since Melee and he's a load of fun to use. K.Rool is an easy second place in terms of enjoyability, though.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:ultridley:
Dark Samus is practically Samus, and I did want Dark Samus anyway if Ridley couldn't make it, since Dark Samus had her own story arc. She seemed deserving of it. I hope she's here to stay, and perhaps her moveset will be altered.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Piranha Plant is slightly awkward and not that great but still a ton of fun

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
:ultsimon:. I enjoyed him so much, I actually want to play a Castlevania game.

I also really like :ultridley: and surprisingly :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool::ultincineroar:

The canon mix ups are super fun.

Also cat man's lairaits are the best

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I have to go with my boy :ultken:, he just has some crazy awesome combos and kill confirms (he's also my Street Fighter main so I might be just a tad biased).

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
It’s pretty much a tie between :ultisabelle: and :ultincineroar:.
:ultisabelle: is so fun to play as simply because she looks adorable while murdering people.
:ultincineroar: on the other hand is the flashiest and probably best designed newcomer and one of the overall best Smash characters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
:ultinkling:- They feel just like how they would in a Splatoon game, with being careful with ink management and when to use rush in vs. evading and counterattacking. Plus, they just have the most fluidity imo in terms of moveset and movement.

:ultisabelle: Is up there too, but she has some noticable flaws that prevent her from being my most liked.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle or K. Rool. Isabelle is a cute pooch with an iq level of 3,000,000,000. Pulling off insane loid and fishing rod combos is satisfying to no end. King K Rool on the other hand, is one of the best designed Smash characters when it comes to representing his games and Boss Battles.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Belmonts by far for me, I don't perform the best with them nor do I main them (although i did get Richter into elite) but goddamn theyre so fun to play

ouchy

Ouch
I would say :ultkrool: hes just an overall really fun charterer to play, and he looks stupid.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Richter all the way. Just wish he had a better recovery and I could co-main him with Wolf.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
For me, it'd be Plant, easy. Sniping someone offstage with a Ptooie is one of the greatest feelings in this entire game, and baiting someone into your cloud for a truckload of damage is pure delight as well. If he was just a bit better, I'd probably main him, to be honest.

Although Ridley and K. Rool definitely get honorable mentions. They're both really fun, and it's pretty neat to see Nintendo listening to the fans for once.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
If previously-cut vets can count, then definitely Pokemon Trainer (EDIT: Snake is also fun) Otherwise Ridley.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of Daisy as she meets the requirement of a character from a series I actually play. I've played other series, but Kirby and Mario are my main Nintendo franchises. Being that, I love her addition and find her more fun to play overall than Peach as she has more spunk and personality.

Other ones would be Chrom since I grew a liking to him in Heroes and Warriors, Inciniroar as he has a good design and is fun to play, and K Rool because OP. Isabelle is also a bit of fun TBH.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
:ultjoker: Joker, for one reason or another the other newcomers of Ultimate didn't really do anything for me. I'm not a Donkey Kong, Metroid or Castlevania fan. I don't play a lot of Splatoon, Isabelle felt kind of unnecessary, Chrom feels like Sakurai wanted to fill some sort of quota for adding a new FE character, Ken is my least favorite of Ryu's clones and Incineroar is one of my least favorite Pokemon.

Joker however, is the protagonist of one of my favorite RPG's got tons of love by Sakurai and is just fun to play as so at this point in rather content with what we've got.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Jokerino and Isabelle for me.

Joker is cool and fun to play.
Isabelle is cute and very salt inducing.

Ken's pretty neat too but i kinda prefer Ryu now :>

Last edited:
Top Bottom