• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Ness Combo?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Better than sex
And I was about to say that sounds sexy. :/

I suppose this is situational, but I pulled off an uair > bair > dair. No joke. I could have finished it with a Bat, too. This guy wasn't a bad player, either, just so you people know.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
And I was about to say that sounds sexy. :/

I suppose this is situational, but I pulled off an uair > bair > dair. No joke. I could have finished it with a Bat, too. This guy wasn't a bad player, either, just so you people know.
I would take that out to eat. o_o

Dair - Jablock - Shieldgrab to forward throw - Okay! - PK Fire - Bair stage spike.
Did this on Battlefield earlier today, the replay was 3 minutes, 12 seconds long.
:(

Uffe

Smash Hero
Dair > double bair > rising fair > dair

You have 66% on them with just that. And if you're lucky, you can spike them off the stage. I think this is pretty situational, though.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I was playing yesterday and I did one of my favorite combos, not anything big but something about it makes me feel good.

I THINK it was Fair>usmash>bair>pkt (as you're jumping)
I know its not great to hit with pkt if theyre directly above you, but for lower damages I like the way it looks even if its by accident.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
catch someone in PK fire off the edge into a spike, bair them into the underside of the stage (assuming Final Destination), or PK fire --> dashgrab w/ two hits --> downthrow --> fair w/ fastfall -->ftilt. PKT tailwhipping to PKT2 is fun and cool looking, but barely ever easy to pull off considering nobody is that stupid; Dtilt continuously till ftilt/fsmash doesn't work too well all the time; uthrow to PKT continuously is annoying to me as well as my opponent. Nearly every other combo that I know is too affluent for me or easily dodged or expected.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
catch someone in PK fire off the edge into a spike, bair them into the underside of the stage (assuming Final Destination), or PK fire --> dashgrab w/ two hits --> downthrow --> fair w/ fastfall -->ftilt. PKT tailwhipping to PKT2 is fun and cool looking, but barely ever easy to pull off considering nobody is that stupid; Dtilt continuously till ftilt/fsmash doesn't work too well all the time; uthrow to PKT continuously is annoying to me as well as my opponent. Nearly every other combo that I know is too affluent for me or easily dodged or expected.
PK Fire offstage + dair spike is usually called either the Caz combo, or pillar spiking.
Nice "comboes". ^^

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
PK Fire offstage + dair spike is usually called either the Caz combo, or pillar spiking.
Nice "comboes". ^^
Yeah i know... I just didnt feel like saying cazcombo or pillar spiking...
i forgot one... PK STARSTORM Ω!!!111!!1!!!!one!

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
favorite combo is tied for me. Dtilt trip to a guaranteed bat is awesome. But so is a pillar spike. Too Good. I swear it's the hope of pulling off those 2 combos that get me excited to play Ness. Also spamming nair to hit additonal times in the air is quite fun. i reccomned everyone use nair more than they probably do lol. can never use it too much imo

Uffe

Smash Hero
I just got done playing a Wario. It seems that they've been coming around more lately. I mean I don't mind it, more match up exp for me against the thug, but wow, he's frightning. I agree with using a lot of nair, though. That's what I was doing to this Wario. A little bit of DAS against him really paid off. I didn't two stock him, but it could have happened. I eventually just quit because I felt like I was getting predictable. That means it's not my day.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
For Wario, if he leaves his bike onstage, let it stay there, it will screw up his recovery. :laugh: Did you try that, Uffe?
Nair can set up jab locks on a slow opponent.
So Nair > Jab Lock > Fsmash could be a 0-death! :o

Nah I'm kidding, but nair can really start a jab lock at around 40%.

Uffe

Smash Hero
For Wario, if he leaves his bike onstage, let it stay there, it will screw up his recovery. :laugh: Did you try that, Uffe?
Nair can set up jab locks on a slow opponent.
So Nair > Jab Lock > Fsmash could be a 0-death! :o

Nah I'm kidding, but nair can really start a jab lock at around 40%.
Yeah, I have Wario as a tertiary to know full well to keep his Bike on stage. Nair can start up a jab lock? I'll have to try that out.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I tried the 40% nair > jab lock in training mode it works! ...but hard to set up in an actual match, bc the opponent can just air dodge/tech/double jump after the initial nair

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
If you do a DAS nair to fair, the fair will help to jab lock them. It's a very good setup for lox actually.

Top Bottom