• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite CP's ???

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I am totally into Yoshi's. I know it's technically bad but I think it offers a lot of security on ZSS' recovery and the center platform is great for campin aggressive players. I really hate Battlefield because I always get stuck on the top platform and punished for it. Lylat's cool because you can just run off the side of them. I LOVE Norfair and almost never lose on it. Castle Siege is also a personal favorite CP of mine.

I'm OK with Japes, but if Luigi's is legal I ALWAYS ban that. I HATE Luigi's Mansion. I also hate RC.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Rainbow Cruise is amazing.

Yoshi practically ***** the entire cast there, maybe with the exception of MetaKnight.

I also like Port Town, because Mute City was an awesome stage.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I am totally into Yoshi's. I know it's technically bad but I think it offers a lot of security on ZSS' recovery and the center platform is great for campin aggressive players. I really hate Battlefield because I always get stuck on the top platform and punished for it. Lylat's cool because you can just run off the side of them. I LOVE Norfair and almost never lose on it. Castle Siege is also a personal favorite CP of mine.

I'm OK with Japes, but if Luigi's is legal I ALWAYS ban that. I HATE Luigi's Mansion. I also hate RC.
Why is castle siege legal, I hate that stage so much gahhh, ZSS's is pretty good on it, but I hate it.

Luigi's mansion I am chill with now, because after playing it I million times over its not as bad, but yeah it can be a pain if you are fighting olimar or something.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise is amazing.

Yoshi practically ***** the entire cast there, maybe with the exception of MetaKnight.

I also like Port Town, because Mute City was an awesome stage.
I can see why because yoshi's main (read only) problem is his horrible ground defense and with all the movement he really isn't put in many situations where he needs it.

ZSS does good because like MK she does good on pretty much every stage, and about 1/2 the cast utterly hates the stage.

shlike

Smash Ace

Yoshi's is actually one of my better stages too, and I have no idea why. lulz

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise; really shouldn't be legal.

Has weird walk-off-type moments.
Has a wall.
Is almost entirely based on aerial, so for bad jumpers it's 1:9 against them.

If I want to pick a cheap, suicidal, moving stage, I'm picking Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 or 2

Luigi's Mansion is Hyrule Castle: Brawl.

Port Town is bad*** just because of the Mute City remix.

More importantly, why did a Yoshi main come here to say Yoshi is good on the RC?

Battlefield is a good Zero Suit Samus level if you stay underneath the top platform and work around the side platforms. You could probably say that about a lot of characters, though.:p

sasook

Smash Champion
Meh, I like RC. It just takes a different style of play, so it's hard to get used to is all. Once you get good on it, it works pretty well.

And it's not always bad for bad jumpers.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise; really shouldn't be legal.

Has weird walk-off-type moments.
Has a wall.
Is almost entirely based on aerial, so for bad jumpers it's 1:9 against them.

If I want to pick a cheap, suicidal, moving stage, I'm picking Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 or 2

Luigi's Mansion is Hyrule Castle: Brawl.

Port Town is bad*** just because of the Mute City remix.

More importantly, why did a Yoshi main come here to say Yoshi is good on the RC?

Battlefield is a good Zero Suit Samus level if you stay underneath the top platform and work around the side platforms. You could probably say that about a lot of characters, though.:p
At least you can break the mansion in like 10 seconds flat.

I really need to get a capture card or show me owning poor computers abusing jungle japes. It has some p. neat tricks you can do on it that are amazing gimps.

shlike

Smash Ace
At least you can break the mansion in like 10 seconds flat.

I really need to get a capture card or show me owning poor computers abusing jungle japes. It has some p. neat tricks you can do on it that are amazing gimps.
please do so I can just ban frigate and not have to worry about gayness on japes <333

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
If you are going to post owning computers on Jungle Japes, I might as well upload my replay of owning the spacies 1v3 on FD. Computer's hardly fight back.

You got gimps (not doubting it with ZSS on Japes) do them in competitive tournies or high level friendlies consistently and post a compilation.

please do so I can just ban frigate and not have to worry about gayness on japes <333
What do you have against Frigate?!

sasook

Smash Champion
He just means uploading the clips to show possibilities on Japes. He's not trying to prove anything by it, just show what can be done in hypothetical situations.

Claw made a full CF combo vid titled "What Could Have Been" showing him essentially beating up CPUs, but at the same time show possibilities that may or may not be viable.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Because the Yoshi main knows Yoshi's aerials are too good on Rainbow Cruise? Because the Yoshi main also Counterpicks Rainbow Cruise at all his Tournaments and he hasn't lost on it yet?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Because the Yoshi main knows Yoshi's aerials are too good on Rainbow Cruise? Because the Yoshi main also Counterpicks Rainbow Cruise at all his Tournaments and he hasn't lost on it yet?
It still doesn't explain why we are discussing Yoshi's prowess on a given stage in the Zero Suit Samus forum.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It still doesn't explain why we are discussing Yoshi's prowess on a given stage in the Zero Suit Samus forum.
Never mind.

Snap, I thought this was the Stage Discussion Board. :dizzy:

Now that I think of it... Yoshi could probably give Zamus a hard time here.

noradseven

Smash Lord
He just means uploading the clips to show possibilities on Japes. He's not trying to prove anything by it, just show what can be done in hypothetical situations.

Claw made a full CF combo vid titled "What Could Have Been" showing him essentially beating up CPUs, but at the same time show possibilities that may or may not be viable.
Since I don't have a capture card I can always use my mac's camera, I will not have the audio on probably because my fan is f-ed up and making alot of noise, but I can see what it sounds like.

Everything will be mirrored, I am used to using good stuff so it might be terrible with just photo booth.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6R6y72g3w

here it is I apologize for the quality I will try to get a better one tomorrow, stupid computer indexing.
I experimented with something similar to this but involving her up-b. It was cool, but it was the same screwing around that I discovered tether bouncing/phasing, so that kind of over ran it.

Basically, my variation is that you can do the jump + up-b in the same way you're doing the DB. It's the same result (if I remember correctly, same speed) only no invincibility frames, and it shoots the wire up through the platform above you, which can attack your opponent.

Do I see idea-fusion coming along here? ;D

The combination results could be epic, or just kinda-sorta useful in certain situations if you want to risk it type thing.

noradseven

Smash Lord
it skips around at some parts

but overall good stuff man

I'm gonna try and practice on it sometime soon

oh and this is why I now hate norfair

game hating you + playing the worst match of your life =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgS-8eIYcmA
Yeah were you even watching those flames, you just seemed to jump into them.

Also I would need to see your other matches but it seems you are only thinking one sided, aka what can I do, not what can my opponent do.

If you post a few more match vids maybe Ill be a bit harsher but that did look like a case of the bad match. Man I need to go to more tourneys no youtube video impresses me anymore.

Then again neither does my own playing its still full of flaws.

shlike

Smash Ace
Yeah were you even watching those flames, you just seemed to jump into them.

Also I would need to see your other matches but it seems you are only thinking one sided, aka what can I do, not what can my opponent do.

If you post a few more match vids maybe Ill be a bit harsher but that did look like a case of the bad match. Man I need to go to more tourneys no youtube video impresses me anymore.

Then again neither does my own playing its still full of flaws.
yeah...

I kept fsmashing when i was trying to ftilit,

kept being predictable with down-b's and air dodges

and yeah what your saying about what can my opponent do vs what i can do only thinking is very true

I just started taking that into consideration, aka changing things up or as some people call it "mindgames"

here are the 5 matches from that set [1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ypvv_JDhTU
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSqCTodBmM
[3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3Hdyo05uE
[4] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaXaMWNivfE
[5] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgS-8eIYcmA

and another one where my friend was playing terrible (he usually beats me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6WQThzOWM

anyway those are the most recent videos of mine

do you have any vids of you playing up??

noradseven

Smash Lord
yeah...

I kept fsmashing when i was trying to ftilit,

kept being predictable with down-b's and air dodges

and yeah what your saying about what can my opponent do vs what i can do only thinking is very true

I just started taking that into consideration, aka changing things up or as some people call it "mindgames"

here are the 5 matches from that set [1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ypvv_JDhTU
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSqCTodBmM
[3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3Hdyo05uE
[4] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaXaMWNivfE
[5] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgS-8eIYcmA

and another one where my friend was playing terrible (he usually beats me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6WQThzOWM

anyway those are the most recent videos of mine

do you have any vids of you playing up??
If your trying to confuse your opponent you are doing it wrong you should be thinking of what, can he do and what are his tells, and can he or can he not feint out of it, and will it matter if he does...... the line of though goes on and on. I do alot of feints because I know it will not effect position and is safe, and I am trying to get the opponent to open up or do something stupid, I am not trying to confuse him, I am systematically shutting down his options.

There are 4 kinds of gameplay that can be going on. (holds true for all fighters, infact games for that matter, hell even real life sports.)

A) Neutral this position means that neither player is at the advantage and you are both fishing for hits, normally you should shoot for a counter towards the safest option right at the beginning but don't make it obvious pretend that you are fishing for hits or feint a rush down so you can bait him normally just rushing him down will get you killed against competent players, just think what would you do.

B) You are in control of the game, at this time, space is more important that damage, keeping control of the game is far more important that doing hits, it demoralizes the opponent, fatigues them mentally, and provides many more opportunity for you to land hits while giving the opponent, very few chances. ZSS is extremely good at this.

C) Opposite of the above situation your primary goal should be to escape pressure not to give/take damage, just don't die and reset to A, or D, or even better B

D) This rarely happens in brawl, its where both characters are in control of the game, and are having a very vicious fight at close range with no hits connecting that effect space control, normally in most fighters, is a clash/parry/auto-guard/counter/super armor, fight.

edit: wow just by reading B,C you can tell Im a Go player not a chess player.
aka Go=space, chess=kills or damage in this case.

Avoiding death is still preferred because position is set to A when you die, and sometimes can be turned into B, but only against scrubs or on certain stages.

edit2: How many people were at that tourney for being called the grand finals, I mean that Marth was better than the Marths I play casual with but, I knew what he was going to do on everything after watching him play for about 2-3 minutes, if it can be predicted it can be beaten, of course he could of drastically changed his game once I cracked it like I have seen some people do.

The only time I get frustrated in a match is when I know what the opponent is going to do and I can't do anything about it, thankfully now I have learned that is what the clock is for, get ahead on damage, and force them to play to you.

shlike

Smash Ace
Yeah whenever I find myself in situation 'c' I always try to get some damage rather than reset..

thats where my game is lacking most... aka when in air I tend to air dodge towards opponent to get a hit in rather than resetting and what not,

I'm working on alot of things currently

but anyway this is a cp thread and not a shlikes playstyle: pro's and cons thread

lets get things back on track

RC IS SO COOL!!!

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah whenever I find myself in situation 'c' I always try to get some damage rather than reset..

thats where my game is lacking most... aka when in air I tend to air dodge towards opponent to get a hit in rather than resetting and what not,

I'm working on alot of things currently

but anyway this is a cp thread and not a shlikes playstyle: pro's and cons thread

lets get things back on track

RC IS SO COOL!!!
Warioware is my counter pick, ZSS for broke tier, also this level rules and if you don't play it in casual you are a ***.

shlike

Smash Ace
I personally go with New Pork City because when you go pink zss you can actually control the pink monster and instadeath your opponent.

ZSS god tier

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Warioware is my counter pick, ZSS for broke tier, also this level rules and if you don't play it in casual you are a ***.
Wario Ware is such a good shooting the breeze stage. If for no other reason than Ashley's Song (JP). That song is seriously the best song in Brawl, except maybe the DK Rap.

shlike

Smash Ace
oh there were 16 people at the tourney norad (small turnout i know) and i am curious to see how you play and react to situations so maybe i could learn a thing or two

and yeah i know how he plays too, i just fail at doing something about it

noradseven

Smash Lord
I personally go with New Pork City because when you go pink zss you can actually control the pink monster and instadeath your opponent.

ZSS god tier
Have you heard of the pink monster bonus, when you grab the pink monsters tail, you must be behind it, and grab at the same time try not to get hit, you get a special bonus and get granted an instant star power up, and a full heal, its a secret.

^^^^^ I go into gamestops and do this all the time, its always funny.

oh there were 16 people at the tourney norad (small turnout i know) and i am curious to see how you play and react to situations so maybe i could learn a thing or two

and yeah i know how he plays too, i just fail at doing something about it
Where do you live man my full group casual crew is like 12 people, 2 wiis an all of us are never there, at the same time.

shlike

Smash Ace
Have you heard of the pink monster bonus, when you grab the pink monsters tail, you must be behind it, and grab at the same time try not to get hit, you get a special bonus and get granted an instant star power up, and a full heal, its a secret.

^^^^^ I go into gamestops and do this all the time, its always funny.

Where do you live man my full group casual crew is like 12 people, 2 wiis an all of us are never there, at the same time.
HUUUUWHHHHHAAAAATTT????

seriously?!??!

oh and i live in the rgv (south texas)

our full grew casual group is around 8-11 people

it's just that we really didnt promote this tourney the other tourneys before hand both had 25+ people

i really wanna try the pink monster trick now

lulz

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6R6y72g3w

here it is I apologize for the quality I will try to get a better one tomorrow, stupid computer indexing.
I don't get it... but

The editting scared me.O_o Not like it was so bad it was scary bad, but just reminded me of something from a specific horror movie involving a girl in a well.

Maybe I'll throw in my 2 cents and take yours and come up with something uber and get japes banned. Or not. My Wii is still broken and I wont' be around, and when I get back I'll probably forgetwhat I was doing in the first place.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I don't get it... but

The editting scared me.O_o Not like it was so bad it was scary bad, but just reminded me of something from a specific horror movie involving a girl in a well.

Maybe I'll throw in my 2 cents and take yours and come up with something uber and get japes banned. Or not. My Wii is still broken and I wont' be around, and when I get back I'll probably forgetwhat I was doing in the first place.
most of it was showing over B can still be used on most of the stage, your down B gives you tons of gimmicks on the stage that allow you to escape pressure extremly easily, and you can use the over B for a quick short teleport motion, thats has zero lag on landing, its more of a ohh you though that was dangerous wrong, it can be used for mixups like jump back over B, you insantly land slightly ahead of where you started, which can confused the oppenent into chasing then getting u-aired/u-smashed.

Hence

Smash Ace
Wario Ware is such a good shooting the breeze stage. If for no other reason than Ashley's Song (JP). That song is seriously the best song in Brawl, except maybe the DK Rap.
Ashley's Song and Calling to the Night are SS Tier.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I do that whip swing lagless landing thing on the Corneria fin as well, you can get all the way past an edge guarder unless they manage to hit you out of it.

Top Bottom