• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Cartoon? (Not anime)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Eh, I really dislike Flapjack...

I like Chowder more, but I hate the new Cartoon Network Cartoons...
It gets funnier then Chowder I think, Chowder is just too cool and sybliminal though.

But FlapJack has that Ren ans Stimpy type of Disgustingness to it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Teen Titans is off the chain.

Have to go with Boondocks as my fav, though.

___
*Thinks back* Man, cartoons.

There was Nickeloden's Doug, that **** was off the chain (**** the Disney nonsense).

Johnny Bravo was pretty legit.

Super Mario Bros Super Show. Get At Me.

The old TMNT was pretty good too.

Only cartoon that comes on now that I will ever bother with is Fairly Oddparents. I dunno why, but that's like, the only cartoon that even makes me crack a smile when I watch it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It gets funnier then Chowder I think, Chowder is just too cool and sybliminal though.

But FlapJack has that Ren ans Stimpy type of Disgustingness to it.
I actually used to hate Flapjack myself. But recently, something about it has kind of caught my interest. I don't know what's changed, but for some reason I'm kind of starting to dig it.

I never got Chowder though.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Chowder just seems like... I don't know.
Half the time, it has nothing to do with cooking. They have some pretty weird food, though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I actually used to hate Flapjack myself. But recently, something about it has kind of caught my interest. I don't know what's changed, but for some reason I'm kind of starting to dig it.
Same here, I hated it at first because the commercials made it seem like there was going to be a Pirates of the Caribbean 4, just to reveal some Stupid Cartoon.

But now I like it=) its fu knee

MBreeto

Smash Ace
The Sonic The Hedgehog cartoons weren't half bad, even though they didn't relate to the games(nowhere in the games does sonic eat a chili dog)
What do you think he was collecting all of those rings for? Chili dogs obviously :p. I liked AoSTH because of how weird it was. I know a lot of people hate it, but I think it's one of those shows where it's so bad, it's funny.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
-Every 90's CN show.
-Simpsons
-King of the Hill
-Family Guy
-South Park (if that's even considered an animated cartoon O_O)

And yes Zook, Chowder IS that bad.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I also like to say Ed, Edd, and Eddy is a great show. The longest lasting cartoon network series, and the best in my opinion. Almost ten freaking years of running. Beautiful

mzink*

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember the Earthworm Jim cartoons?
Haha I was watching that like 2 months ago. I have no idea how it came on or what I was watching before. My hubby likes old cartoons, maybe he found it and put it on.

I watched the Jetsons the other day.
It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. That was a good show.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I agree with Ed Edd and Eddy kicking butt.

You know, the newer things get, the crappier things get. Look at Pokemon, for the best example ever. You have to admit 5 years ago or however long it's been since it began, that the Origonal Cartoons were awesome. Then the person who made Pokemon died, and his Daughter took over (or so I heard). And look at it now. Wrong voices, people that try to rap when they talk. And the pokemon have gotten weirder (Pikachu, then Mareep... then Plusle and Minin..... now Pachirisu................).

Lots of shows have that happening. If you want to find good shows, look at the first versions of them, or the earliest ones of them. A few shows now a days are okay, but come on. The Origonal Godzilla, Sonic the Hedgehog, and I even remember Felix the Cat from back in the day... they all kicked butt...

if you want a non-anime example of a show that was good origonally but got worse and worse over time, 1 Word. Transformers. Enough said.

One more good one (that, until they started putting them in space and you wonder what the heck is going on) is Teen-Age-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles. Now and forever, that will always be cool.

Btw, Sonic has eaten in a few of his games, although he's usually kicking Eggman's butt and dashing through Women's locker rooms to eat (*girly voice:We need to close that door. All of our towels are flying around, there's such a draft!*). :p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Does Avatar count as an anime? (That's rhetorical, because while it has anime influences, it's an American show) Because that's a d**n good cartoon. It's such a fantastic story, told over the course of three amazing seasons.

Seriously, I know Nickelodeon has been crap since Spongebob came along (although I do love Spongebob), but seriously, Avatar is amazing.

I'm wary of the movie coming out. Shyamalan's latest movies have all been horrible, but that was his own material. Maybe it won't suck if he's adapting someone else's material? The creators of the show have been working with him on the script and stuff, and they said that the first movie is a faithful retelling of the first season, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm wary of the movie coming out. Shyamalan's latest movies have all been horrible, but that was his own material. Maybe it won't suck if he's adapting someone else's material? The creators of the show have been working with him on the script and stuff, and they said that the first movie is a faithful retelling of the first season, so I guess we'll see what happens.
I was REALLY worried about it at first because of the rumor that Jesse McCartney was going to play Saka (yuck!). But apparently that's since been debunked, so I'm feeling better.

I think Shyamalan can get it together. The main reason his latest stuff has been so bad is because it was built on shoddy premises to begin with (Nature is attacking! Run away from the wind!). I think he'll be alright if the writers of the show are peaking over his shoulder.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Family Guy's cool, just a little recent.

I loved Avatar. I just wasn't a big fan of Aang, a 113 year old boy hitting on Katara like that...
There's a lot to be said about that show.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I loved Avatar as well, but I never saw the 3rd season...

It was on at some weird time...I didn't know, but I ended up missing it all

They also aren't on youtube

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
:goomba: The Simpsons :goomba:

:goomba: Family guy :goomba:

:goomba: Courage the cowardly dog :goomba:

:goomba: Johnny (sp?) bravo :goomba:

:goomba: Ed, Edd n Eddy :goomba:

:goomba: Grim adventures of billy and mandy (and that brain and bear cartoon I forgot what it was called) :goomba:
Evil Con Carne..

Eh, it was NOTHING close to Grim Adventures, but it was ok

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
1- farilyodd parents
2-spongebob
3-family guy
4-american dad
5- Looney tunes were my all time fav
6- Dragon ballZ
7-sonic X
8-kirby
9-earlier part of naruto
10-youtube poop version of cartoon(HILARIOUS)
11- the shawow comercail reversed
12- my gym partner a monkey was pretty funny
Mega XLR was the only show i missed out on. i regret it.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scooby Doo. The original episodes. Too good. Every episode was just enjoyable to watch. Even some of the later seasons, like when they would include celebrities, were awesome.

And Looney Tunes in a close second.

Top Bottom