• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Cartoon? (Not anime)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Why is it that we have 3 anime threads, but no cartoon threads? Am I really the only guy out there that would rather watch Woody Woodpecker than Bleach?

Cartoons are the bomb. My favorites are Looney Tunes (Great stuff, man), Mr. Peabody and Sherman, and Chowder. Really, Chowder isn't that bad. Even if it is new.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There's a lot of things I'd rather watch then Bleach, like watching paint dry, which has a much faster pace then Bleach. ^_^

Looney Tunes was really great, Tom and Jerry and the Animaniacs as well.
Many of the old cartoons were really good, they've ended already though and I don't find any of the newer ones out now good at all so the only discussion I could give for them would be remembering how good they were, the conversation would really get nowhere for me.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*in b4 the Wapanese says cartoons suck*

TMNT 2003
King of the Hill
Looney Tunes
South Park
The Boondocks
Spongebob Squarepants

XACE-K

Smash Master
Any old cartoons. That means The Flintstones, Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear and many others you'll probably see on Boomerang.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Batman: The Animated Series
Rocko's Modern Life
Dexter's Lab
Ren & Stimpy
The Amazing Screw-On Head

And Doug.

And this.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
And how could I forget Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited?

It's Justice ****ing League Unlimited!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Theres so many cartoon's that I love to watch, I'll post my ten, (not in order):

1) Powerpuff Girls *Blossom for god tier <3*
2) Dexter's Laboratory
3) Fairly Odd Parents
4) CatDog
5) Spongebob Squarepants
6) Tiny Toons
7) TMNT
8) Boondocks *does this even count as a cartoon?*
9) Teen Titans
10) Heman

That's all I can think of now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TMNT
Invader Zim
The boondocks

Megas XLR was good!

I like family guy, but I only watch it on occasion because it's usually the same old thing over and over now.

I also like South Park

...I sorta actually liked Ben 10

Of course old school nick cartoons.
Old school cartoon cartoons.

But I'm actually bored of most cartoons now

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
TMNT (90's version)

Mega Man (Ruby Spears *****!)

Megas XLR was awesome as well.

Swat Kats (Should have been ****ing longer.)

Spider-Man Unlimited (Should have finished it.)

Looney Tunes (HELL YES!)

Tex Avery Cartoons.

Man, as with alot of Anime I have watched, Some American cartoons these days that don't have one-shot storylines per 30 minutes, alot of them seem to get canceled before the story's completion, and that is just sad.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Try and watch the first few seasons of the TMNT 2003

It's actually based on the comics (Except Shredder is not an utrom in the comics...he also dies the first time they face him in the comics)

The other one actually is referred to as the 1987 series, not 90's.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Looney Tunes (Miss June Bugs on CN)

I'm so glad Cartoon Network and Nick had Looney Tunes growing up in the 1990's. So many classic episodes. One of my favorites was the one where Elmer had to keep a guest at his hotel quiet or else that guest would punch him in his face. Daffy kept being a nusiance and waking the dude up. Elmer got socked 4-5 times. I also liked the one where Bugs kept drawling stuff all around Daffy to mess with him. The list of good episodes goes on and on. I was never into Tweety, Pepe le pew, or porky though.

Other comedy cartoons I like are the obvious: Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, and South Park.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Theres so many cartoon's that I love to watch, I'll post my ten, (not in order):

1) Powerpuff Girls *Blossom for god tier <3*
2) Dexter's Laboratory
3) Fairly Odd Parents
4) CatDog
5) Spongebob Squarepants
6) Tiny Toons
7) TMNT
8) Boondocks *does this even count as a cartoon?*
9) Teen Titans
10) Heman

That's all I can think of now.

This is basically my list. All you need is Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
yes you are.

All the old Cartoon Cartoons, up to KND.
Invader Zim!!!!!!!
The Batman, Spiderman, Static Shock
Family Guy...

Theres alot... I'le list later....

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can't say I agree with the Invader Zim bandwagon.

I'm willing to call this a fact. Animaniacs - Best cartoon ever made.

Animaniacs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Freakazoid, stuff like that. Oh, and Batman: The Animated Series.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Beavis and Butthead and basically anything on cartoon network back in the days of dexter's lab and such

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Dunno bout yall, but I absolutely loved Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, even when I was 17/18 years old.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can't say I agree with the Invader Zim bandwagon.

I'm willing to call this a fact. Animaniacs - Best cartoon ever made.

Animaniacs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Freakazoid, stuff like that. Oh, and Batman: The Animated Series.
I find your lack of Zim love disturbing.

Fortunately, all of the shows you do like are amazing. This has saved you from being mind-choked to death.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I find your lack of Zim love disturbing.

Fortunately, all of the shows you do like are amazing. This has saved you from being mind-choked to death.
I do actually like Invader Zim, but I wanted to give some other shows some love. :mad:

Gir made that show amazing.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I don't really like invader zim. Honestly, I don't find it funny at all.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't know how I didn't mention the Angry Beavers. Nickelodeon had the best cartoons back in the 90's.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Johnen Vasquez's work.

If Nick didn't harass him into major censoring (Which caused him to quit with them) Invader Zim would have turned out even more brilliant

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I do actually like Invader Zim, but I wanted to give some other shows some love. :mad:

Gir made that show amazing.
Gir was pretty great. Though, to be honest, I found myself laughing the hardest at some of the one-liners Zim had. "Have you the BRAIN WORMS?!"

Also, good call on the Angry Beavers. That was one of my faves growing up. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure the guy who voiced Dagget is also the guy who voiced Zim.

I don't really like invader zim. Honestly, I don't find it funny at all.
Have you the BRAIN WORMS?!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Gir was pretty great. Though, to be honest, I found myself laughing the hardest at some of the one-liners Zim had. "Have you the BRAIN WORMS?!"

Also, good call on the Angry Beavers. That was one of my faves growing up. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure the guy who voiced Dagget is also the guy who voiced Zim.
My favorite Zim quote was probably in some obscure episode where they made a giant flying pig. They were trying to get the **** out of some where, so Zim screams "Gir, ride the pigggg~!!11!".
That actually made me laugh.

Dag was pretty cool, I liked the theme song for their show.
Seriously? I don't see the similarity.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dag and Invader Zim were voiced by the same person.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My favorite Zim quote was probably in some obscure episode where they made a giant flying pig. They were trying to get the **** out of some where, so Zim screams "Gir, ride the pigggg~!!11!".
That actually made me laugh.
If that episode's the same one I'm thinking of, then one of my favorite quotes comes from there as well. The pig was their disguise for the ship and it got captured by crazy alien fanatics. Some nameless alien conspiracy theorist got his head caught in the pig's mouth and shouted "The pig accepts meeeeee!"

I love it.

EDIT: Johnny Bravo, like a lot of shows on CN, fizzled out, I think. It was quite entertaining, but toward the end of it's life it really started to circle the drain, I feel. Once Pops and the nerdy kid were introduced, I pretty much lost interest.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If that episode's the same one I'm thinking of, then one of my favorite quotes comes from there as well. The pig was their disguise for the ship and it got captured by crazy alien fanatics. Some nameless alien conspiracy theorist got his head caught in the pig's mouth and shouted "The pig accepts meeeeee!"

I love it.
My favorite episode would probably be career day, though. When they were contemplating what caused the crop circles, a few seconds after, you just saw a cow rolling on the crops and mooing. That made me laugh so hard.

Nerdy kid was Karl, I think. But I'm talking about the older episodes. It was hilarious whenever he got slapped.

But uh, the highlight of this was the Dr. Seuss themed episode where the little girl tries to sell Johnny cookies, and it turns into a repeat of green eggs and ham.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My favorite episode would probably be career day, though. When they were contemplating what caused the crop circles, a few seconds after, you just saw a cow rolling on the crops and mooing. That made me laugh so hard.
Seriously. Plus the paranormal investigator was more of a whackjob than Dib. "What do you know about Count Cocoafang?!"

Though Zim molting was pretty much just gross.

But uh, the highlight of this was the Dr. Seuss themed episode where the little girl tries to sell Johnny cookies, and it turns into a repeat of green eggs and ham.
Totally forgot about that episode. That's a great one. I might have to go youtubing later and reminisce through all my old shows now.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I liked Loony Tunes a lot. I watched cartoons but there were none that I really enjoyed enough to call them my favorite except Loony Tunes I guess. Oh I remember I really loved Woody Woodpecker as a kid haha. I'd get up early every morning to watch at my grandma's house. Tom and Jerry was cool too. My husband loves Animaniacs, he's got it on dvd lol.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Seriously. Plus the paranormal investigator was more of a whackjob than Dib. "What do you know about Count Cocoafang?!"

Though Zim molting was pretty much just gross.

Totally forgot about that episode. That's a great one. I might have to go youtubing later and reminisce through all my old shows now.
I really would seperate your posts into mulitple posts, but I'm a little lazy.
When Zim's rash became larger than the actual burger place, and it exploded, it was pretty gross, I must say.

Oh, and disregard this avatar. :laugh: It's for a joke.

I did the same thing with Animaniacs episodes, I love how they break the 4th wall so often.
Oh, and the subtle adult quotes.

"Give me the bird!!" , "Really, we'd love to. But the FOX censors won't allow it.".
Classic.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
straked is your avatar 2 double westerns from carls jr. one on top of the other??

also... hey arnold and doug were my favorite shows growing up!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Why is it that we have 3 anime threads, but no cartoon threads? Am I really the only guy out there that would rather watch Woody Woodpecker than Bleach?
I actually hate Bleach anime. The Manga is okay...but 5 pages a week is no fun.

Invader Zim rocks. I love that episode where they had to find their future career, and Dib gets stuck with a crazy Count Cocofang paranormal investigator.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
straked is your avatar 2 double westerns from carls jr. one on top of the other??

also... hey arnold and doug were my favorite shows growing up!
Hey Arnold wapretty good! And actually, it was a quad stacker from Burger King, lol.

I actually hate Bleach anime. The Manga is okay...but 5 pages a week is no fun.

Invader Zim rocks. I love that episode where they had to find their future career, and Dib gets stuck with a crazy Count Cocofang paranormal investigator.
Odd, we were just discussing that same episode.

Top Bottom