• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okurama said:
a very weird anime, but its cool, the thing i don't like is that sakura and li (correct me if i spell wrong there names) from sakura card captors (never like it, really) and makona (or something like that, from rayearth, which i only seen the OVAS) appear in this anime, pretty weird that some other anime characters in some new anime, can they just let the characters die with there show (though this aren't the only characters that appear, but i really am not interested in this anime, i know is a very good one, but not my type of anime, i always pick my animes just because of the characters in them, thats why i also don't like naruto).
Actually in Tsubasa Chronicles Resovoir (i can't spell it z.z) pretty much all the characters have been reused from past CLAMP anime, (Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayeath, XXXholic....it goes on) and put into a different situation. i peronsally love having these characters back, particuarly because I love Sakura and Syaoran <<

The basic plot of TCR is the Princess, Sakura, loses her memories, due to someone trying to steal her power so Syaoran, her childhood friend, gets sent to Yuuko the time witch (or witch of dimensions something like that <<) and meets up with other people from other worlds as well who all have been sent to Yuuko for different reasons and they go in search of the feather's which contain Sakura's memories.

It's quite enjoyable :3 I've only watched a few episodes myself, although i've read about 10 volume of the manga xD

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Thundermistress said:
Actually in Tsubasa Chronicles Resovoir (i can't spell it z.z) pretty much all the characters have been reused from past CLAMP anime, (Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayeath, XXXholic....it goes on)
ohhh CRAP!!!, but well as i say i haven't even seen all the episodes (only and ova, thats all what i have seing), but many plp are starting to say that this anime is great, then i give it a try, can someone tell me were can i download episodes of this anime.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm rather fond of:

Bleach (manga's better)
Naruto (manga's better, dubbed version is horrible)
Elfen Lied
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Fullmetal Alchemist
Noir
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei

And Elfen Lied wins the award for the prettiest background I've ever seen in an anime, coupled with the most gore.

As for manga, I've read and liked:

Naruto
Bleach
Death Note
Ai Ren
Chobits
SaiKano
GTO
Gantz
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist
Black Cat

Gantz wins the award for the most gore I've ever seen in a manga. It has some very pretty backgrounds too, actually. Maybe there's some correlation.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Mediocre said:
Gantz wins the award for the most gore I've ever seen in a manga. It has some very pretty backgrounds too, actually. Maybe there's some correlation.
The full uncut anime series of Gantz is also very gorey, nearly as much as Elfen Lied, even a bit more "creative" at times. But I'm told they try to rush things towards the end of the anime and skip a lot of the manga stuff, so you're probably better off sticking with the manga. I've never really been a manga person, though.

I just looked into some new animes today, I'm wondering if anybody can give any positive/negative recommendations for the following series before I decide to pick them up?

• Chrno Crusade
  • RahXephon
  • Last EXILE
  • X TV
  • Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku
  • Mai-HiME
  • Planet ES

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
Animeeeeeee!!!!

Well I like Naruto
Sailor Moon(lol)
Hellsing
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Neon genesis Evangelion
Rurouni Kenshin
Getbackers
Vandread
Chobits
Ayashi No Ceres

I have a lot .. but I'm focused on Naruto right now, lol

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Omnigamer said:
The full uncut anime series of Gantz is also very gorey, nearly as much as Elfen Lied, even a bit more "creative" at times. But I'm told they try to rush things towards the end of the anime and skip a lot of the manga stuff, so you're probably better off sticking with the manga. I've never really been a manga person, though.

I just looked into some new animes today, I'm wondering if anybody can give any positive/negative recommendations for the following series before I decide to pick them up?
I actually haven't seen Last Exile yet but I have heard nothing but very good things. X TV is good, but seems consistently overrated to me, but I haven't seen all of it though. I thought RahXephon was kinda boring but I have a friend who loves it.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Well, I used to love Pokemon and Digimon but they just sorta gone hill, especially Digimon because I only liked the old, original characters like Agumon, Gabumon, etc....I really want to start watching Kirby: Right Back At Ya but I think the program that runs it got cancelled because I haven't seen it on TV Guide or anything. I also heard the Kirby DVD came out but knowing I'm 14yrs. old, I'd be too embarrased to walk into a video store and ask if they had it. So I guess I don't really have a favorite anime right now...

shadowstriker2005

Smash Journeyman
I really do think that Naruto is my favorite TV show anime. However, I love Miyazaki movies and my favorite ones of those are Castle In the Sky and Princess Mononoke.

Immortal Technique

Smash Cadet
Oh man, my newest two favorite animes:

Onegai Teacher!

Onegai Twins!

Others: Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Series, Vandread, Ranma, Tenchi, Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin (except for his voice sounds like a Japanese tween), Boys Be (haha), Kare Kano (haha), Ayashi No Ceres, Gensomaden Saiyuki, and Naruto

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Well, I used to love Pokemon and Digimon but they just sorta gone hill, especially Digimon because I only liked the old, original characters like Agumon, Gabumon, etc....I really want to start watching Kirby: Right Back At Ya but I think the program that runs it got cancelled because I haven't seen it on TV Guide or anything. I also heard the Kirby DVD came out but knowing I'm 14yrs. old, I'd be too embarrased to walk into a video store and ask if they had it. So I guess I don't really have a favorite anime right now...
Kirby had a TV seires? Is it a cartoon because I'm interested.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Or it could just be that it failed because it was a horrible anime to begin with ^_^;

If you check any sort of anime database site, Kirby: Right Back at Ya! can be found near, if not right at, the very bottom of all ratings.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
First thing I have to say.

Inuyasha is synonimous with homsexuality.

But another thing; what about all these american wannabe animes like the boondocks and avatar? I mean at least boondocks is a little funny, but AVATAR????!!!?? holy crap it's sooooooooo gay.....

It would be a little less murderous if it actually showed blood and what not. But nickelodeon, being the kool network that they are, make these lame anime-ish manifestations of pure hatred of everything that is awesome in the world, and it really piszes me OFF.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I went back and watched some of the earlier episodes of Gantz, finding again just how much crazy symbolism there is in everything. I still recommend the series, although it's not for the faint of heart.

I also started following Air Gear, seems to be a pretty humorous sports/action anime. Made by the same person behind Tenjou Tenge, so you can expect some random violence and some almost nudity. Regardless, it's still entertaining.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
hey cool. i downloaded the heart of sword mp3 like, a couple years ago, and i was like, "who the hell is T.M.Revolution?" that music vid is kinda strange, but then again, japanese culture is different and all so i'll say its cool.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
It's extremely hardcore hentai. Only get it if that's what you're looking for. And judging from your profile, you're only 14, making it illegal for you to have/watch it.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
My number one favorite is Princess Mononoke. No matter what.
Also, I saw this Cardcaptors show on t.v. for the first time and what made me liked it is those cards. They are cool to look at. I especially like The Shadow card and Light and Dark card. Even though the show is aimed at young girls, BUT STILL, those are cards are neat to look at.

Emily26

Smash Rookie
Trigun, without a doubt. I also thoroughly enjoyed the original DragonBall. But they went way off with DBZ so I got tired of it.

Ami

Smash Ace
I have a lot of anime/manga that I love, but these are the ones that'll always have a special place in my heart.

Manga:
X-Day (if anyone has heard of this, I will rep you ... and I haven't repped anyone as of now).
Gensoumaden Saiyuki and Reload
YuGiOh

Anime:
Chrno Crusade
Air
YuGiOh
Trigun
Gunslinger Girl
Big O
PeaceMaker Kurogane
Orphen
Digimon (series 1)
Pokemon (series 1)
Sailor Moon (series 1)

I can't believe how many Naruto fans there are!

$sD

Smash Ace
i have heard of x day

i think its from tokyo pop?

but i have not read it
lol
it didnt seem too interesting

had something to do with some school kids thats al i remember

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
BLEACH, dragon ball,yuyuhakusho and i love samurai champloo even though cartoon network changed the time of the show a million times and now it comes on at like 3 in the morning i love that show

Top Bottom