• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Thanks for the correction, I was too caught up reading the RAW manga (incredibly hard when all you got are pics). I have been also caught up in school and other anime, so my bad, I did not want to give false information.

I hope Elfen Lied ends well too, episode 12 was alright, but 13 should be the best. I harsh have to see why Lucy was crying in the preview for it! BTW, the manga is not over and the plot is different at this point, so even I am curious on what is happening.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
thats the problem with my comp right now. I got wireless internet, and when the install guys came, somehow the admin password magically changed so i cant open any ports becuase my ISP is so *****y about people using bandwidth. So, i D/L 23 min. eps at usually 40 hours, so i just dont. I find that i can still get them off AIM at about 18 min, so it would be helpful if you could send them to me, darkbulb.
my aim is:nder81

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I'd be more than glad to send. Give me a beep on the aim : Ness Agent. If I'm away which I am alot, you can right click my name and go to get file. I think that still counts as an AIM download, so yea, I have the episodes in there.

As for Manga... I don't know how to get into them, its like reading a book and finding out the movie is totally wrong and i hate it when that happens... and as for the plot... its building up... I'm not even sure how bloody episode 13 will be... but I really don't think it will be much bloody. I do think though it will make up with it with a strong end... I hope at least -_-

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
The manga is still raw at the moment. 2 groups have been trying to translate it, but so far the furthest they got was chapter 2. There are 8 volumes and many chapters (around 10 chapters per episode). I am just a big elfen lied fan and wanted to see what happens, I can't read it.

Mr. Saxophone

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thanks alot for the DivX. It worked, and I was able to wastch the second episode of Naruto. It's pretty good. I gotta watch more later.

Has anyone seen Gungrave, yet? It's ****ing awesome. Only two dvds have been released in the U.S., but they're showing the whole series on TechTV. The original author is Yasuhiro Nightow of Trigun fame, so it kind-of resembles that anime to an extent. The animation is more like that of Bebop's. I've only seen the first eight episodes, but its kicking serious *** so far. The story is great. And the music is sweet. Its already becoming one of my favorites, right next to Bebop and Berserk. Check it out. Now. Do it. Hurry.

dmac

Smash Champion
Time to be a huge anime nerd!

Gungrave was originally a game created by capcom, Nightow was hired to do character concepts for the game... around the same time, or shortly after, an anime was created using Nightows characters... the story and script is by a guy named Yousuke Kuroda, hes the guy who did Tenchi Muyo(he also does a lot of scripts and screenplays for lots of anime). so while gungrave looks like trigun, its not technically by the same guy.

end nerd mode.

Mr. Saxophone

Smash Apprentice
No, it deffinitely doesn't look like Trigun. It has more of a Bebop look to it. I compared it to Trigun because a few character designs look like Nightow's (they are, of course, his) and there's a lot of heavy gunplay, ala Trigun.

As far as the game's concerned, I heard it sucked. OD was spposed to be better. I will most likely check them out, regardless, just because I like the anime so much.

Ok, that's enough. Now for the 3rd episode of Naruto.:chuckle:
****... I'm so far behind.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Finally got the excel saga series. It's top notch and though I'm only to episode 7 so far it's worth my $30. Thanks for the advice CORY.

rob0t

Smash Rookie
My favorite animes are FLCL, Hunter X Hunter, and Kodomo No Omocha.

Everyone knows FLCL, so I probably shouldn't go in to detail there, however, I must highly recommend HunterXHunter and Kodomo No Omocha.

When it comes to HunterxHunter, I recommend watching the first season just to get the storyline down pretty well. It's preetty boring up until the 20th episode or so, but without it, you'll never catch up on the storyline. After the first season, the series really takes off and you'll be hooked.

Kodomo No Omocha is a shoujo anime, yep, that's right, it was made to appeal to girls. But that's beside the point, the fact that the first episode is called 'An 11 year old girl with a pimp" should be enough to get you to download and watch atleast the first episode. It's loud, it's random, it doesn't make any sense and it's just plain hilarious. I can't think of another anime to compare it to because of it's hilarity.

Cowboy Bebop and Excel Saga are both excellent series that are well-known. But I tried to focus my two favorites here because they're NOT well-known, and so people should probably check them out if theyr'e in to the genre. Cowboy Bebop is definitely in my top 15 animes, and Excel saga is just freakin' funny, dude.

I will admit that a lot of CB got on my nerves, but I love me some Ed. :)

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I think 20 episodes is way too much for me to even get interested by then so bump that.

As for elfen lied... it ended pretty strong in my opinion, and it confused me in the end a little also... i loved it. I haven't enjoyed anything in a while like this... that was totally sweet... and there has to be a second season... and i really dont get what the clock symbolized... it was sad :(

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just finished watching all of Inu Yasha a couple a weeks ago. That was 167 episodes plus 3 movies ^_^ And I found a site that translates the manga every week, yay!

Just finished watching Vandread, 1st and 2nd season. It was very entertaining.

Currently watching Ikkitousen ^_^ So much pointless fan service, but i'm enjoying it. But i like it, because it's an action fighting anime.

I've watched a ton of anime, hard to say which is best >< It's really just a list of memorable ones.

dmac

Smash Champion
tavo, wheres the site that does inuyasha manga... i watched up to about 92, but i dont wanna watch anymore cause it takes up so much time haha. manga is much faster :)

ikkitousen is too much fanservice for me heh, i watched 2 eps and i got tired of it... not to say i don't like a little service, but ikki has a lot. ^_^

im in the middle of last exile right now, excellent excellent visuals , great music, and an interesting storyline.

animes that are comin out that im watchin are beck, bleach, and yakitate japan!!. they're all shonen stuff and pretty good. anything else currently airing worth watching?

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Finally got my friend to burn me trigun, FMA and various other anime (but i'm gonna finish trigun and FMA first), thoroughly enjoying it :3

Watched an anime in manifest (so it was about 3 months ago : P) called Gokusen, which is actually really quite amusing. Shounen stuff, it's about a yakuza leader who becomes a teacher...for what reason i forgot...i think i missed part of the first episode soo. But it's really amusing and good fun to watch x3

Got gunslinger girl, Read Or Die TV and Witch hunter robin lined up to watch after i'm done with my current two xD

dmac

Smash Champion
make sure you've seen the read or die ova first... it makes the tv series a little better. i'll give you my thoughts on it after you're through with it hehe.

i saw the first couple eps of gunslinger girls, it was super depressing and i haven't watched any more than that

SakuraPichu

Smash Ace
ok so i's girly but my favorite anime is Cardcaptor Sakura. by the way not Cardcaptors, it's completely different from the original.
i like it because it's cute and it has a good story as well as good movies.

also Full Metal Alchemist is a pretty good one too if you don't get depressed watching it.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Anyone watch Mai HiME(My HiME). I'm finding this anime pretty awesome.

School Rumble is another one as well that is pretty good. Any thoughts o_0

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Yea Dark Bulb, I am currently following Mai-HiME. I would rather call it Mai as the main character's name is Mai (I have no clue why people called it My, is it like an english translation?). There is only up to episode 5 subbed and 7 RAW right now, so I cannot wait till Static Subs does their thing (they usually are the fastest). So all the Mai-HiME fans, keep an eye out as there are 2 episodes to be released.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I... just love... FLCL.

Just watched it again tonight. So ****ing good.

I just felt a need to point that out.

-Scav

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
At first, I thought it was another cartoon network guy, but I suppose the Evangelion makes you ok.

So far you guys have called it My-HiME, Mai-hime, my princess, and dancing princess. Its called My-Hime in my newtype, but I dont know why its called that.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
It's really called Mai-HiME because the main characters is Mai and shes a HiME. If it were another charcter, then the first part would be different. THey all called it dancing princess for whatever reason... I don't know... but when she uses her powers to materealize fire, she does it in dancing swaying motions. As for My HiME, and My princess, meh, then i dunno, i was used to My HiME though.

Oh, and episode 6 is out subbed.

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by ender
At first, I thought it was another cartoon network guy, but I suppose the Evangelion makes you ok.
No no!!! i don't like CN at all!!! i hate how they cut out their shows, but that's basically what i can see here in latin america, hehe :)

I wanna get into FMA! when i clean my PC a bit i'll download some eps

Geph

Smash Cadet
(Japanese) Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. I guess.
Movies, [anything by Hayao Miyazaki], Akira, Ghost in the Shell.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
A bit maintstream but all good...

That picture that you posted in the pool room from Excel Saga: Is that where he's like "burn in h***"? That's my favorite scene in the whole series.

aoshima102486

Smash Rookie
THIS IS MY VERY FIRST REPLY BOOYA!!!!!!

anywho, i like any anime i have seen/ will see/ going to see/ any other catagory that fits. so far my favorite anime i have seen is SLAYERS. ZELLGADIS KICKS ANY OTHER ANIME CHARACTERS BUTT IN MY EYES!!!!! but i could be wrong so dont quote me on that.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Originally posted by aoshima102486
anywho, i like any anime i have seen/ will see/ going to see/ any other catagory that fits.

I believe we all went through this phase, or at least I and my friends did, where anything anime must be good. I can only look back to explain why. Just becuase something is anime does not make it good. Especially now that a lot more animes are being imported than years ago. I only hope you can keep up with anime until you are through these times.

meh.

dmac

Smash Champion
ender is correct, you're gonna lose that overzealousness sooner or later :). as with any tv/movie/books, theres a lot of good stuff out there, but theres a ton more crap. you're gonna realize that one of these days hehe

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Give me a good series thats around the standard 26 episodes and isn't very rare. I can't find ghost in the shell stand alone complex on imports and I don't wanna pay $60 for a domestic version so I need something else to set my sights on.

dmac

Smash Champion
fruits basket, last exile, cowboy bebop, berserk, neon genesis evangelion, love hina, azumanga daioh, X tv, noir

thats just off the top of my head for only 26 episodes and availiable in the states.

samurai champloo dvds are gonna come out pretty soon i think in january might wanna check those out :)

uhhh not quite at 26, morelike 76 episodes, hajime no ippo is one of the best animes you'll ever watch :)

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I'm thinking very seriously about samurai deeper kyo. I had a few downloaded episodes that weren't subbed so I didn't know wtf was going on but it looked awesome.

dmac

Smash Champion
i heard the kyo anime SUCKS, doesn't stay true to the manga and gets really lame. thats all i heard neways haven't actually watched it

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
...Wow, after reading through this topic, Inow believe I barely know anything about Anime. I was introduced to Cowboy Bebop and Trigun by a friend of mine and after that I searched around for others and Love Hina and FLCL were my favorite finds. So most of the Anime I have watched has been pretty mainstream, actually I am sure its all playing of Adult Swim, right now, but its cool. I especially like the story of Spike and Vicious and how it ends up. Also, the story between Keitaro and Naru in Love Hina. Actually, I think the first Anime I was introduced to was Golden boy, which was definatly one of my favorites. Kentaro's witty remarks make the whole show flow well enough to laugh the whole way through, but its clear that there is way more out there in the Anime world...time to explore...

Top Bottom