• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I watched Naruto during Adult Swim. "Harem Jutsu" didn't really seem like it was on the same level as "Teen Titans," IMO.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Cartoon Network is cancelling Teen Titans, by the way.

This season is the last of it.

I have no idea why. Doesn't make much sense to me; it seems pretty popular.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
maybe they erradicated all crime forever. that sounds like a happy ending for that shows viewers.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
ChumpMoney said:
maybe they erradicated all crime forever. that sounds like a happy ending for that shows viewers.
Get off it, already.

You can dislike Teen Titans. It's okay; I don't care.

Just don't keep *****ing and moaning about it. I got the message the first time, and I'm not interested in hearing you whine just because some people like a show you don't.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Cumpmonkeys avatar makes me laugh. Every time I see it I say "matt damon"
Is justice league canceled too? I like titans a whole lot more than it, also megas xl was cool.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Donkey Dong said:
Is justice league canceled too?
Not to my knowledge, but I watch it about once every never, so I'm not really up on it's status.

Ugh, I can't stand Megas. It's like a mecha anime show without the cool.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
ChumpMoney said:
first off, enlish naruto is on cartoon network, not adult swim. if adult swim took a hold on english naruto, they would show crap like homosexuality and bloody attacks, but no, cartoon network takes naruto and puts in on the same level as crap *** teen titans.

and it wasnt his stomach, it was more like over his heart, and it was like, episode 134 or something. after sasuke did it, kyubi was unleashed and naruto came back to life and kicked the mother effing shiznittty out of sasuke.
MajinLink never said that it was on AdultSwim. You should actually read before you post.

Anyway, Toonami does show blood, so they can do more than you think. If the only thing that you care about in an anime is the amount of blood, violence, and homosexuality, then you shouldn’t be watching anime. Period. You are obviously a 13 year old that sits there and says “stop talking, more violence, more more more!!!!” Yeah, that seems about right.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
^

I couldn't agree more.

BTW, why is Teen Titans getting cancelled?! That show is so great, and it seems very popular too. That was a shocker for me when I heard it was going to be cancelled, let's just hope it's not true...

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
Sephiroth27 said:
MajinLink never said that it was on AdultSwim. You should actually read before you post.

Anyway, Toonami does show blood, so they can do more than you think. If the only thing that you care about in an anime is the amount of blood, violence, and homosexuality, then you shouldn’t be watching anime. Period. You are obviously a 13 year old that sits there and says “stop talking, more violence, more more more!!!!” Yeah, that seems about right.
i wasnt directing that to majinlink ******. maybe you should actually read before you post. see?

McFox9 said:
I watched Naruto during Adult Swim. "Harem Jutsu" didn't really seem like it was on the same level as "Teen Titans," IMO.
and on a different note, i'll be reporting you for flaming because you seem to think opinions are worth arguing over if their not your own.

one person owned. whos next. ah here we go.

Mediocre said:
Get off it, already.

You can dislike Teen Titans. It's okay; I don't care.

Just don't keep *****ing and moaning about it. I got the message the first time, and I'm not interested in hearing you whine just because some people like a show you don't.
excuse me? was i talking to you? i fail to see how my two sentence post can have both *****ing and moaning in it. lets take a look.

ChumpMoney said:
oh look at that… no *****ing or moaning. And by the way, theres absolutely no reason why I cant post posts like that. Again, don’t flame over opinions that you don’t agree with.

What have we learned here today? One, this isn’t a flame pit, so some of you need to stfu right now. Two, when some one posts an opinion that you don’t agree with, don’t hop on their *** because you have anger issues. And three, I will own the living hell out of you. Wanna see again? Ok I’ll own Sephiroth one more time.

Sephiroth27 said:
You are obviously a 13 year old that sits there and says “stop talking, more violence, more more more!!!!”
I’m 18. Good job.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
Arguing over a show that features the term "Sexy Jitsu"....think about the irony....

Anyways For whoever asked a few posts back, the next season of Justice league will start in January. But since it's unrelated to the topic ill say this: What happened the Megas XLR? i liked it. It was funny.

Are you sure about teen titans though? I really doubt that they can wrap everything up this season. We gotta be like what, half way through it already?

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
ChumpMoney said:
i wasnt directing that to majinlink ******. maybe you should actually read before you post. see?

If you weren’t directing that to MajinLink, why the HECK did you quote him? Quoting a person that you aren’t even talking to is idiocy.

and on a different note, i'll be reporting you for flaming because you seem to think opinions are worth arguing over if their not your own.

one person owned. whos next. ah here we go.

Owned? Why did you own me at? If anything, I owned you. Read the first part of this post that I typed in case you forgot.

excuse me? was i talking to you? i fail to see how my two sentence post can have both *****ing and moaning in it. lets take a look.

oh look at that… no *****ing or moaning. And by the way, theres absolutely no reason why I cant post posts like that. Again, don’t flame over opinions that you don’t agree with.

What have we learned here today? One, this isn’t a flame pit, so some of you need to stfu right now. Two, when some one posts an opinion that you don’t agree with, don’t hop on their *** because you have anger issues. And three, I will own the living hell out of you. Wanna see again? Ok I’ll own Sephiroth one more time.

I’m 18. Good job.
If you think owning = telling someone your age, then you are one sad, pathetic 18 year old. (You could easily be lying about your age anyways.)

marfire

Smash Apprentice
Sephiroth27 said:
If you think owning = telling someone your age, then you are one sad, pathetic 18 year old. (You could easily be lying about your age anyways.)

both of you are pathetic. moving on.......
McFox9 said:
Do NOT act out your little hissy fits on this forum. The next person to do so is banned from this room

lets get back on subject, this is a topic about anime not your mama's house

*McFox EDIT* This is exactly the kind of post I was trying to avoid. Congratulations on bringing it back up while cutting everybody else down for doing the same thing, marfire.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
^

OMG, LMAO!! That is a classic post... :laugh:

But yeah, I never heard of PenPen, sounds like something involving chibi lesbian cat-people. Also, BLEACH is about to reach the filler arc in about 1-2 episodes. (NOO!)

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOO!!! filler arc?????!!! i refuse...i cannot believe....ahhhhhh!! (*g-ron melts into dust*) lol darn that sux big time..... i wish there was no such thing as a filler arc.

btw: ive never heard of penpen....what is it about? sounds like its about........writing? j/k

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
lol...penpen is the king of bass-adery. Evangelion may lead you to believe that the main character is an emo kid named shinji but the story in fact revolves around penpen, a drunken penguin. He rocks

Peaches

Smash Lord
Agreed, Any penguin that uses a hot spring and gets drunk makes a show worth watching. All that giant robots and philosophy stuff come second.

Igor Kakaroff

Smash Cadet
I personally like Hellsing, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Ruroni Kenshin, G Gundam, Zoids: Chaotic Century, Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper Kyo... I could ramble on and on! :psycho:

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Donkey Dong said:
lol...penpen is the king of bass-adery. Evangelion may lead you to believe that the main character is an emo kid named shinji but the story in fact revolves around penpen, a drunken penguin. He rocks

i love that penguin,he looks kinda ********.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
ChumpMoney: If you're actually a fan of blood and gore, I would recommend Elfen Lied. It's a great anime, and if you like gratuitous violence you'll be hooked in the first 5 minutes. That said, Elfen Lied also features a great story line with philosophical undertones, so it's not just 24 minutes of fanservice. Also the animation is beautiful. It's only 13 episodes, which is a perfect amount of time to tell the story without any filler, so you could definetly start and finish this series over the course of your Winter Break. In fact, EVERYBODY should see Elfen Lied. It's fantastic.

]

However, the real reason I'm posting is because of a new series I started - Monster. This show has me hooked, and I've only watched 4 episodes. BitTorrent simply can not run fast enough to satisfy my desire to watch this series. It's that good. (there's 60+ episodes out now, and the series will have 70-ish by the time it ends). It's more of a drama-type series, so don't be expecting Kamehamehas and Kage Bunshins, but it isn't the romance-ish drama like Kimi ga Nozumo Eien. Plus, the animation is great and the soundtrack is PHENOMENAL. I love the opening song.

Yeah, so watch Monster. NOW.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yeah, Monster is wicked. It stays good until at least episode 50, I haven't watched past that yet. It gets a little weird sometimes, but still good.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
i don't know....DBZ should've ended much earlier. I was captivated duing hte freiza saga, and cell was a pretty cool character, but after vegeta self detonated i thought that nothing could've followed that up well.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
hey chumpmoney, i have to say you got to give bleach a chance. i started watching it from the begininng when they were releasing episode 25ish & yea at first it seemed really repetitive. BUT as soon as you get past the first 10 or so episodes the story quickly deepens and is not just about killing hollows. the anime is currently on episode 64 i think? but there arre plenty of places to get it.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Of course, when I watched that newgrounds gag reel Blundercats for the first time I nearly died.
I'd link you but I'm not quite sure if I'm allowed to so you should probably just search for it yourself.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
G-Ron said:
hey chumpmoney, i have to say you got to give bleach a chance. i started watching it from the begininng when they were releasing episode 25ish & yea at first it seemed really repetitive. BUT as soon as you get past the first 10 or so episodes the story quickly deepens and is not just about killing hollows. the anime is currently on episode 64 i think? but there arre plenty of places to get it.
oh yeah, i have have seen eps 1 and 2, and i definately like it. i plan on catching up to naruto (like i need to watch about 30 some episodes of filler), then watching bleach.

Top Bottom