• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
sailor moon. lol. i forgot about that anime. well, i guess power to ya for keeping it classic.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
the whole dragonball series is what got me into anime and i respect it for that infact i liked alot of the parts but *sigh* it is clearly, clearly not one of the best. This is FACT b/c of the many faults of storyline, the constant repeating of frames, and so much more. But again it got me in to anime and i still like the characters but yea.

as far as inuyasha... well read my other post:
indeed, throughout my journey in anime i have found that this particular anime is either you love it or you hate it :dizzy: . Personally, i have to say that its barely decent when compared to so many other animes (Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Yu Yu hakusho, Gundam Wing*the first series w/ duo, trays, zex, catra, ect.,) The concept of inuyasha is a great idea but i'm afraid that the series doesn't follow through. Someone kidnapps kagome and inuyasha keeps saving her while she gets some jewel shards while a general theme goes throughout the story . Not saying the animation, characters, and action are bad but the storyline is what kills me. I just can't watch something that is so inexplicably mundane. :psycho:

Samurai X aka ruroni kenshin:
from the time i first saw this anime (dubbed)i literary laughed out loud :chuckle: . Kenshin talks like yoda, and everyone in the entire anime just won't shut the hell up!! Now that thats been said, i haven't seen the subbed online simply because of my sheer dissapointment with the dubbed, and one day ill try and look at it but until then this anime stays in the garbage bin. :urg:

as for m fav:
1-Cowboy Bebop
2-Bleach and Yu Yu
3- Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Gundam Wing
4- Iria (or Zeriam the Animation)
5-Wolfs Reign
6-Neon Genisis Evangelion i think :confused:

^I got some that are tied, all of these despite the rank are all very close!!! cept for bebop :p

melikecookies

Smash Rookie
my favorites would have to be...
Bleach!
Full Metal Alchemist!
FLCL/ Fooly Cooly/ Furi Kuri, whatever u want to call it, it rocks!

...and naruto

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
G-Ron said:
the whole dragonball series is what got me into anime and i respect it for that infact i liked alot of the parts but *sigh* it is clearly, clearly not one of the best. This is FACT b/c of the many faults of storyline, the constant repeating of frames, and so much more. But again it got me in to anime and i still like the characters but yea.
You coldn't be more right. The timeline of DBZ is solid until you get involved with DBZ movies. And to top it off, when Future Trunks is added to the show, Akira Toriyama's time travel incoperation is all screwed up, making the gaps in the faults in the timeline even worse. But you cant label it a fact that DBZ isn't the best anime of all time because thats just your opinion. Your opinion only matters to you, and its a misunderstanding that just because some people share opinions, doesn't make it any more right. Your opinion may influence other people to think the same way as you do, but opinions shared among people still arn't anymore right than if it were of one person's.

I tihnk DBZ is the best anime of all time because its story has some of the most compelling and classic scenes of all time in anime, and DBZ was a revolutionary anime of its time. DBZ introduced a concept of fighting that was appealing to anime fans, and appreciated by one of the biggest fanbases of all time in the anime world.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
Thing with DBZ and me is that nearby the end the episodes just went downhill. If i could find a good place to just end DBZ, it would've been right after Majin Vegeta's self detonation or the 1st time they Kill buu. After that though, it's just repition of Kill buu, he regenerates, kill buu...

Personally i also didnt see the point of GT. I thought that it was just a waste of time. A "whoring" out if anything.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
yeah db gt has its moments, but i prefer not to consider it when i think about the dragonball world. after all, akira toriyama had no part in it.

by the way i like your list ssjmariobros. dcant say i share your appreciation of dragonball. whenever i watch it, i am always so antsy about how powerful they become in Z that I can't take it seriously. lol, nice siggy too.

!ceMan

Smash Apprentice
Heres my list, no particular order...
1) Dragonball/DBZ
2) Inuyasha
3) Full Metal Panic
4) Yu Yu Hakusho
5) One Piece
6) Cromartie High School
7) Hellsing
8) Cowboy Bebop
9) Samurai Champloo
10) Full Metal Alchameist

Note: I would add Bleach but I havent seen the series yet, but what ive heard from it gives it a stupendous reputation! Also I was wondering if there are any other anime series that havent been listed that are worth watching and are Wolf's rain, trigun and Lupin the Third good series?

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
i like wolfs reign, rain, rane, w/e tf it is. trigun is cool too. lupin the third is more funny than cool i think.

th0rn

Smash Lord
ONE PIECE!!!!! w000t!... seeing it's the only anime show I've ever watched. Ok, maybe a little DBZ when I was 6....

!ceMan

Smash Apprentice
th0rn said:
ONE PIECE!!!!! w000t!... seeing it's the only anime show I've ever watched. Ok, maybe a little DBZ when I was 6....
Your ignorance of anime is disgusting.... you think of anime as a cartoon show meant to please children, I pity you.

crazyforkillua

Smash Journeyman
My favorite Anime is Hunter x Hunter. I saw all the eps. They were so good.
Anime/ Manga that I like would be:
Hunter x Hunter,Full Metal Alchemist,Naruto,Hikaru no go,One Piece,Shaman King,Prince of Tennis,DeathNote,Bo-BoBoBo,Rurouni Kenshin,InuYasha,Basara,Megaman,Yu Yu Hakusho,Yu-Gi-Oh,Trigun, Bleach, Eye Shield 21, Death Note, Beet the Vandel Buster, and many many more

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
ChumpMoney said:
You coldn't be more right. The timeline of DBZ is solid until you get involved with DBZ movies. And to top it off, when Future Trunks is added to the show, Akira Toriyama's time travel incoperation is all screwed up, making the gaps in the faults in the timeline even worse. But you cant label it a fact that DBZ isn't the best anime of all time because thats just your opinion. Your opinion only matters to you, and its a misunderstanding that just because some people share opinions, doesn't make it any more right. Your opinion may influence other people to think the same way as you do, but opinions shared among people still arn't anymore right than if it were of one person's.

I tihnk DBZ is the best anime of all time because its story has some of the most compelling and classic scenes of all time in anime, and DBZ was a revolutionary anime of its time. DBZ introduced a concept of fighting that was appealing to anime fans, and appreciated by one of the biggest fanbases of all time in the anime world.
Indeed it was ,but it wasn't my opinon that DBZ isn't the best anime its........fact. Ive already stated the reasons for this in my first post in this thread. I think that you mean its your favorite anime of all time which there is nothing wrong with that but to repeat, its not the best anime. Im glad someone actually read what i said and argued the point, kudos chumpmoney.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
lol. its still not a fact though just because you said so, and im not saying that it is a fact from my perspective either. they're both just our separate opinions.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
My favorite anime would have to be DragonBallz. Oh, and to the kid that said Naruto was a lot better and less lame, you are……mistaken. DragonBallz has more intense battles, better characters by far, and more POWER. Don’t get me wrong, I love Naruto. I watch it every chance I get. (Yeah, I watch it on Toonami. I know its edited crap, but I am getting the gist of it.) However……….the enemies in Naruto are far too easy to beat. What I think is “lame” is how Naruto and his gang can transform anything they want into a copy of themselves to do anything they want. GIVE ME A BREAK! “Hey, Sasuke! Let’s transform that shuriken into a copy of me to fool someone that is 800 times stronger than I am!” The sad thing about that is……..it worked.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
what r u talking about that was a excellently executed manuever by naruto and saske. it only worked against zabuza because he is a pretty crappy jounin. and henge isnt dumb, its an important part of genjutsu which is the most powerful form of combat.

but yea i like dbz better than naruto :D

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
DBZ is horrible and stupid.

"Hah! I am whooping your arse!"
"Yes, you are currently whooping my arse! But I am only using one percent of my arse whooping power, and once I use all of my arse whooping power your arse will be thourougly whooped!"
*Grunt*
"Hahahahahahah!"

OH MY GOD IT'S ****ING AWFUL.

GET SOME TASTE, QUICK.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
dbz doesnt have enough flashing lights and cute little evolving critters for mediocre.
dont insult dbz, its a good anime and it needs a kind of appreciation only anime fans with sense of story and suspense have.

Liku

Smash Journeyman
ChumpMoney said:
what r u talking about that was a excellently executed manuever by naruto and saske. it only worked against zabuza because he is a pretty crappy jounin. and henge isnt dumb, its an important part of genjutsu which is the most powerful form of combat.

but yea i like dbz better than naruto :D
It's funny how you act as if it's a real thing.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
ChumpMoney said:
dbz doesnt have enough flashing lights and cute little evolving critters for mediocre.
Yeah, because Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist have tons of cute little evolving critters.

dont insult dbz, its a good anime.
The story is all an excuse so that various people will be able to beat each other up.

The animation is... mediocre.

The characters are not well done; I couldn't care less what happens to any of them.

The plot repeats itself. Stronger enemies keep turning up, and everybody just keeps getting stronger and stronger until the end. It goes in ****ing circles.

The fight scenes are dragged out by tons of exposition. The characters talk almost as much as they fight. When they do fight, it's poorly animated.

Really, I can't think of a single aspect in which DBZ tops Naruto.

Sorry. I'd like to like it, I really would. But I can't and I don't and I think Dragonball Z is terrible.

BloodyMarth

Smash Journeyman
south part of texas-North mexico (brownsville-mata
Well lets gets things straight, the reason DBZ looks like that is because is an old anime ( and the most famous around the world) is been around for 20 or so years already and it has alot of audience, as for the new anime i also enjoy it myself, but honestly anime is far less atractive to me than the actual manga, if you like the anime you'll love the manga , much of the story details are lost through the anime. DBZ is not lame is one of the best fighting anime out there the thing is that is too old, and it doesn't have the same effect as the anime of today.

akira toriyama woks are the best even his drawing are used in a lot of the games today, od his work i like DBZ and FLY, know here ant US as DRAGOV WARRIOR but they never showed the anime, i had the chance of seeing the first episodes and i loved it, but that old anime....of the anime of today One Piece is a hilarious manga, and has a lot of creativity when it comes to fight, is a good figth genere and very funny too!!, as for Naruto i loved the intro and the story , specially how they eplained everythingas if it actually existed, but sadly at the end when when the 3rd okage is killed(if you have read the manga), they mess up the hole story and it gets so predictable and repetitive, also the knight of the zodiac is a master piece of anime, but here at US they take out all the violence, and stuff, shaman king on the other side is not that good on my opinion, the animemation is lame and the whole story too..i don't like it it pretend to be funny when is not.....but really, i believe one piece will be the next DBZ.....anyways if you don't like any manga at all and you are boring of the same stuff YOU CAN always log into my webpage nd check on MY MANGA althoug is not oroginal manga is some work you will never see out there......;)

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Mediocre said:
DBZ is horrible and stupid.

"Hah! I am whooping your arse!"
"Yes, you are currently whooping my arse! But I am only using one percent of my arse whooping power, and once I use all of my arse whooping power your arse will be thourougly whooped!"
*Grunt*
"Hahahahahahah!"

OH MY GOD IT'S ****ING AWFUL.

GET SOME TASTE, QUICK.
I can tell you haven't watched DragonBallz.

Yes, DragonBallz does tend to go around in circles. However, the way the plot is carried out is quite clever. There are interesting twists, especially in the Cell and Buu sagas.

Oh, and…..no. It’s still lame that Naruto and Sasuke beat that Jounin. You can’t say he is a crappy jounin. That doesn’t even make sense. If he is a Jounin, then he is very strong. VERY STRONG.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Sephiroth27 said:
Oh, and…..no. It’s still lame that Naruto and Sasuke beat that Jounin. You can’t say he is a crappy jounin. That doesn’t even make sense. If he is a Jounin, then he is very strong. VERY STRONG.
Actually, Naruto and Sasuke never beat Zabuza, they only used their wits to distract him long enough to set Kakashi free from the water prison, Kakashi was the one who beat Zabuza.

Unless you're talking about the fight on the bridge, but still, both of them never even confronted Zabuza on the bridge, Kakashi still beat him, well, would have if Haku didn't intercept the attack with his own body.

Crulex Crystallite

Smash Cadet
anyone ever see "Abenobashi (Magical Shopping Arcade)?"

by gainax, makers of FLCL, but i swear its ten times better > . <
:chuckle:

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
MajinLink 287 said:
Actually, Naruto and Sasuke never beat Zabuza, they only used their wits to distract him long enough to set Kakashi free from the water prison, Kakashi was the one who beat Zabuza.

Unless you're talking about the fight on the bridge, but still, both of them never even confronted Zabuza on the bridge, Kakashi still beat him, well, would have if Haku didn't intercept the attack with his own body.
Okay. Let’s get technical about it. It doesn’t matter. If he is a Jounin then he should have been able to pick up on their tactics. I think it was even mentioned that it was a basic technique.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
wow, i got a lot of backup. thanks guys. i thought for a second i was the only one here with sense.

end of story, DBZ is an awsome anime, Naruto is an awsome anime.

EDIT: and Zabuza is a crappy Jounin as i said before, and the startegy naruto and sakse did wasn't that bad, even kakashi had to spell it out for himself to see what they had done.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
And, if you get into later episodes of Naruto, it can be just as bad, or worse, than DBZ in terms of stalling for time. Sometimes there's like ten minutes of flashbacks, oh man. As in, flashbacks of stuff that has been shown in the show before, and has sometimes has even been flashbacked to before. Not to mention the filler sagas that they make when the manga needs time to catch up, like the whole Mizuki thing, they just aren't very good.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
Im on ep 136 of naruto right now. i here theres nothing but filler for ages where im at, is it true?

runaway_mario

Smash Apprentice
i liked dbz and im watching naruto right now. but not to look gay or anything but i kinda enjoyed sailor moon :laugh:

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yes, if I remember correctly. There's just some lame side stories and none of the fighting is as good as it is in eps. 133-134. I stopped watching at like 150, so I have no idea where it goes from there.

LOZFreak

Smash Rookie
From what I've heard there is going to be ONLY filler episodes until next season :cry: to allow the manga to pull ahead of the anime.

As for my favorite animes I would have to say DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, FMA and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu.

Top Bottom